AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-01, 23:51   Link #241
User68604
Disabled By Request

greatest game i've ever played

the fight with David was one of the most intense and emotional boss fights ive ever done

the ending is perfect. Joel is a not a hero in the traditional sense but his decision was so human, i can't help but agree with it. A vaccine wasn't guaranteed either and who knows if that'd bring stability to the world or cause more chaos. Joel's relationship with Ellie was the most important thing and I believe the Ellie accepted that at the very end (even if she was skeptical about Joel's lie).

10/10 game and I can't seem to get it out of my mind.

i can't wait for the DLC

User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 15:16   Link #242
james0246

Just finished the DLC, and boy what a worthy addition to an already stellar game. It's rare for a DLC to fit so seamlessly into an overall narrative structure, but Left Behind worked on every level in creating a beautifully fun gaming experience, as well as a truly great singular storyline that acts in parallel to Joel's. This is a complete triumph of cinematic gaming and a wonderfully emotional ride.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 13:24   Link #243
Golden Lily

So there's some major drama about TLoU2. Apparently someone (rumors say one of the Naughty Dog's coworkers) released huge spoiler info about story (multiple videos with cutscenes, gameplay and story details) and it made some fans FURIOUS. And I mean that, just check some of the reactions.

I don't know what is this about, because I haven't seen them myself (even if I did I wouldn't spoil it), but I'm afraid it will affect sales.

If this was really coworker then we can only guess what was on their minds, but it might have something to do with crunch?

On the same day Naughty Dog decided to postpone release day on June 19.

Reactions about this coworker is a mixed bag: some curse them, while others say it's only natural if you're going to overwork them.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 18:39   Link #244
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Are fans furious because they were spoiled or because of the content of the spoilers? If it's the former, it shouldn't affect sales.
Old 2020-04-28, 03:36   Link #245
Golden Lily

Unfortunately, it's the contents. Some even compare this to season 8 of GoT.

Comments like "Huge thanks to this leaker. They're saved me 60$" were very common.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-28, 03:50   Link #246
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh I'm still going to buy it day 1 anyway.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-28, 11:02   Link #247
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really makes me wonder what could be so bad people would react this way. Will have to resist the urge to spoil myself.
Old 2020-05-02, 18:28   Link #248
AHT

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-03, 17:03   Link #249
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
So there's some major drama about TLoU2. Apparently someone (rumors say one of the Naughty Dog's coworkers) released huge spoiler info about story...
Haven't seen the things, and not willing to accept them at face value in the absence of corroborating material... after all, if there could be one Mincemeat, why not another? And either way, I don't think Sony's reaction (as noted by YongYea among others) is helping. Recall this quote attributed to Tyrion Lannister: "When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar; you're proving yourself afraid of what he might say."
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 10:58   Link #250
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Are fans furious because they were spoiled or because of the content of the spoilers? If it's the former, it shouldn't affect sales.
Obviously the latter.

They handled the plot so poorly that the meltdown down is hilarious among the fanbase, did they hire a Spec Ops writer to make the plot for ND?

Nothing changed since the leaks happened, everything was the same, unchanged.

Edit
Except for the blatant false advertising from the trailers.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2020-06-18 at 12:04.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 15:50   Link #251
The Green One

Man it's such a good thing that people never exaggerate, misrepresent, or lie about things on the Internet huh? Yep it sure is great that you can 100% trust everything you read on the Internet without having to make your own opinion by actually seeing for yourself huh?
Old 2020-06-19, 10:12   Link #252
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Man it's such a good thing that people never exaggerate, misrepresent, or lie about things on the Internet huh? Yep it sure is great that you can 100% trust everything you read on the Internet without having to make your own opinion by actually seeing for yourself huh?
That's why game "journalists" are anything but reliable .
Old 2020-06-19, 18:14   Link #253
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The metacritic's scores comparisons are ridiculous. Holy !hit! No wonder there were so many jokes about "Crash 4 by Naughty Dog" Just what does the game have to cause this controversy?
Old 2020-06-19, 20:19   Link #254
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I have no desire to play the game. But I didn't want to just read a plot synopsis or brief summary of the plot so I watched an 11hr condensed playthrough at 2x speed.

Yeah, I can see why its controversial. This game is heavily reliant on the narrative for and if it can win you over. But by the end of the game, its just terrible.

Like holy crap, its really bad. All the anti-SJW talk barely scratches the surface of what's actually wrong with the story. At most, that stuff got me to roll my eyes.

But as per usual, it all gets down to plot, character arcs, core narrative, themes and conflict resolution. Succeed at these, then it doesn't really matter what SJW topics you throw in; haters gonna hate. But if you fail,

Picture yourself the final act of the first game. Now imagine if that was stretched out to the entire game. You don't empathize with the protagonist or anyone else. Anyone you do like ends up getting killed for no good reason. Everyone still alive from the first game is pretty much unlikable by the end of it. That's The Last of Us: Part II.

FWIW, I could kinda see what they were going for. But it didn't work for Gundam SEED Destiny, and it didn't work for this.
Old 2020-06-20, 15:26   Link #255
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

They let Neil take the control and he went as edgy as possible.
Old 2020-06-20, 22:27   Link #256
AHT

YouTube
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-21, 12:43   Link #257
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Comments says the streamer lost his father not long ago.
Old 2020-06-21, 13:12   Link #258
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm on Seattle Day 2 (about 7 hours in) and the game has been amazing so far.

Spoiler for Big spoilers up until Seattle day 2:

As for non-story stuff, graphics are stunning, soundtrack is great, and environments are really huge with plenty of optional places to visit. Gameplay hasn't changed much, but I wouldn't say it's a negative. Shamblers feel like discount Bloaters and therefore an unnecessary addition. Haven't met the dogs yet, but I feel like they're going to be easy to handle given that one of the new crafting feature should make it easy to deal with them.
Old 2020-06-22, 17:07   Link #259
phenom
Maebara Keiichi fan

YouTube
Old 2020-06-23, 07:30   Link #260
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

A very detailed and spoiler-filled postmortem of The Last of Us Part II:
YouTube
Likewise for the deep dive interview that Neil Druckmann and narrative lead Halley Gross with IndieWire:
YouTube