Send a message via MSN to Zhuge_Liang Kongming
this game is sooo awesome

any who plays or played this game post ur opinions

Last edited by xris; 2006-11-04 at 18:33. Reason: Please do not double post
Zhuge_Liang Kongming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 16:18   Link #2
Js2756
Thread Killer

They're fun, but Samurai Warriors 2 is better (not 1 though, 1 kinda sucks).
Old 2006-11-04, 16:19   Link #3
Zhuge_Liang Kongming

i've never played samurai warriors. is it based on japanese history?
Old 2006-11-04, 22:28   Link #4
Js2756
Thread Killer

It's a loose interpretation of Japanese history, just like how Dynasty Warriors is a loose interpretation of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I think the original Samurai Warriors is a little closer to history than Samurai Warriors 2, but really, you probably shouldn't be playing these games for a history lesson anyways.
Old 2006-11-10, 13:36   Link #5
Kurapica's_Lover
NAF-NGF-NJRCKF

Send a message via ICQ to Kurapica's_Lover
This game(i mean DW5) is wonderful... But... Damn, it's beat'em up...
Kurapica's_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 16:58   Link #6
Loving_Senpai
Loving is a whisper away.

I think its a fun game to play. The way you are able to do special moves to knock out many emenies is nice!!!! The only downfall I don't like about the game is when you are given an order to do one thing then given another order to do something else and the two locations are across the map. If you don't do both it sometimes will bite you in the butt in the end cause you still end up losing. Other than that I enjoy the gameplay, graphics and the characters with their different sides of the same battle.
Loving_Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 21:08   Link #7
InuyashaFury

They get rather monotonous rather fast, but I must say, I'm absolutely addicted to the multiplayer. It's rather fun to play with a buddy on max difficulty.
InuyashaFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 21:35   Link #8
tritoch

Empires is fun to play.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 00:42   Link #9
Lebron
I hear voices

It was my favorite for a while, but after I played Ninety Nine Nights, that quickly took the spot of over DW. I still love DW still doh. I just hope they upgrade the game to next-gen. The 2 games Koei released on the 360, DW5 and SW, were just god awful. Looked like regular xbox, and it felt the same aswell. They just half-assed them, and that really pissed me off.

So hopefully the next installment will be awesome
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 01:19   Link #10
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I played these games, and I feel like I'm missing something.

You hit a button for a bit, then hit another button to do a super. Repeat.

Is there something I'm missing? >.>
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 01:23   Link #11
Lebron
I hear voices

its an acquired taste :P

I've been playing button mashers like these, since I was a little kid. So iono I just got use to them, and find them enjoyable.
Old 2006-11-22, 14:48   Link #12
tonyy

i have all the dynasty, the game is fun is you play 2 player, beat em all!
tonyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 17:39   Link #13
V-Slasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
It was my favorite for a while, but after I played Ninety Nine Nights, that quickly took the spot of over DW. I still love DW still doh. I just hope they upgrade the game to next-gen. The 2 games Koei released on the 360, DW5 and SW, were just god awful. Looked like regular xbox, and it felt the same aswell. They just half-assed them, and that really pissed me off.

So hopefully the next installment will be awesome
I like both N3 and DW. I think N3 is better but feels incomplete. I like the few characters with totally different gameplay, but with little effort they could insert also the secondary chars like the guy with the bow or the dark elf woman which had an original moveset. the number of missions is also a problem.

DW3 was a great game in my opinion, 4 and 5 didn't introduce anything great
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 21:21   Link #14
Zhuge_Liang Kongming

DW4 is rated the best DW game outta 1-5 so far. you'd expect DW5 to be the best cuz its more recent.......ah well wat can we do about it? even though ive never played DW5, i also htink DW4 is better than DW5 anyway.
Old 2006-11-23, 19:12   Link #15
Lebron
I hear voices

Yea N3 was rushed, so thus the feeling of it being incomplete. MS was really on their ass to get the game out.

I really wish Koei will get with the next-gen program. Looking at their new title Bladestorm that is similar to DW, cept for the first time it takes place in Medevil times and not ancient China, that doesn't seem to be the case.

And yes, DW5, is terrible on all the consoles it appeared on. I swear its like they took DW4, and just re-released it with the DW5 tag on it. I've been playing DW, ever since the first one that appeared on the PS2. So I could call myself a hardcore fan, but I'm really getting tired of the same o same. Owell I still run through DW4 XL every now and then, with the beast Lu Bu
Old 2006-11-23, 22:04   Link #16
Cloudy

In my opinion,dynatsy warriors 4 is the best game in the DW series.

I think N3 is boring and the ending for almost all characters sucks and didn't end propertly.

Although samurai warriors 2 lacked alternate level from SW1 and alternate costumes,at least it fixed issues that plunged the first game like the castle stages.
Old 2006-11-23, 22:24   Link #17
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
If there was EVER a series where I'd say "reviews don't matter", it would be Dynasty Warriors. The titles have dropped to under 6 in certain sites, but it's probably one of my favourite series.

It's one of those things which you "get" or you don't, but I suppose having an interest in the Three Kingdoms helps. People who don't have an interest in the novel don't understand and say stuff like "koei should stop making these dw games with the same story and characters", but I really appreciate the DW games due to the fact that they keep the novel/history alive. Same goes for the ROTK series.

Now, if only they brought Nobunaga's Ambition to the west -_-
Old 2006-11-24, 11:32   Link #18
Zhuge_Liang Kongming

Im playin DW4 RIGHT NOW, seriously. im tryin to get the red hare harness in the battle of XIA PI on lu bus side. I tried like a million thimes gettin it.

these are the things you gotta do to get it

1.cannot kill any other enemy officers
2.must w8 for Guan yu to get the red hare in red hare event.
3.kill him after that

its hard cuz its kinda hard not to kill officers when theres like 5 of em teamin up on u... i had run so to shake em off. and the stupid bodyguards keep tryin to kill them.
evn if i do restrain killin officers and the red hare event passes, Guan yu is hard to kill after he gets red hare.

im so annoyed right now has anyone gotten the red hare harness yet? and HOW DID U DO IT??!!
Old 2006-11-24, 12:11   Link #19
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Dynasty Warriors is awesome. I own 1, 2, 3 and 4 XL... I don't have the original 4 though, so it kinda sucks since I can't even play Musou(SP?) mode.

Zhuge Liang, you can stop the bodyguards from killing the officers by putting them to defend mode or just removing them completely. Might help you a bit
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 13:10   Link #20
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang Kongming View Post
Im playin DW4 RIGHT NOW, seriously. im tryin to get the red hare harness in the battle of XIA PI on lu bus side. I tried like a million thimes gettin it.

these are the things you gotta do to get it

1.cannot kill any other enemy officers
2.must w8 for Guan yu to get the red hare in red hare event.
3.kill him after that

its hard cuz its kinda hard not to kill officers when theres like 5 of em teamin up on u... i had run so to shake em off. and the stupid bodyguards keep tryin to kill them.
evn if i do restrain killin officers and the red hare event passes, Guan yu is hard to kill after he gets red hare.

im so annoyed right now has anyone gotten the red hare harness yet? and HOW DID U DO IT??!!
Don't use bodyguards ever. They will either steal your kills, accidentally kill guys you don't want to kill, or not do anything at all and just get in your way. I haven't played 4 in ages, so I don't remember the details much.