AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-02, 09:24   Link #2601
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
The pacing was quite good for me. I think the problem this time is the execution of some scenes. The feeling is very different from bake/nise/kuro. I can't help but think the series director didn't follow some of shinbo's storyboards and improvised too much. I don't have a problem with the animation. The blurays saved it.
Well, I am an animator, and I can even tell that no matter how hard they are trying to fix some of the badly executed scenes in the BD releases, there will still mistakes here and there. Kabuki BD Vol 1 for example; Some of the animation scenes/drawings in the tv broadcast are already perfect but they still change everything for the same scene and thus making the scenes even screwed up than before lol. Araragi is too off model in Kabuki Vol 1...

Btw, thanks for the storyboard images. Didn't really expect that haha.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 15:38   Link #2602
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Well, I am an animator, and I can even tell that no matter how hard they are trying to fix some of the badly executed scenes in the BD releases, there will still mistakes here and there. Kabuki BD Vol 1 for example; Some of the animation scenes/drawings in the tv broadcast are already perfect but they still change everything for the same scene and thus making the scenes even screwed up than before lol. Araragi is too off model in Kabuki Vol 1...

Btw, thanks for the storyboard images. Didn't really expect that haha.
Yeah I noticed that as well while watching kabuki vol.1. It's kinda funny how he looked very different in most shots in Nise compared to how he looked in Bake. But then they fixed that in Neko kuro and looked like himself from bake. (And I know his hair length changes and shaft did do a good job of incorporating that throughout most of the series but his facial features shouldn't change) And now in the second season it's been kinda all over the place. Sometimes he looks good and then other times he looks different/sloppy.

Anyways not gona carry on this topic anymore in this thread since it's offtopic.

Have there been any leaks or rumors for the upcoming volume yet? Happens to the Index novels all the time but don't really see that with this.
Old 2014-01-24, 00:26   Link #2603
doughnut23

Hey guys i have been looking everywhere for a summary of koyomimonogatari everywhere in the net but i cant seem to find one, does anyone know where i can find one? or if anyone could post a summary that would be really really cool i dont really need something in detail oh except for the shinobu parts (huge ass shinobu fan here, i couldnt care less if she doesnt end up with araragi just dont please kill her NisiOisiN LOL) anyways any help would be awesome, thanks!!!
doughnut23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 22:34   Link #2604
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

^ http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...eries:Timeline
Just look at the arcs with Koyomi in the title.

I suggest waiting for the anime (if it comes) or full translations of the whole book (if it gets translated) because the suspense is gone if you read the summaries. This book is one of the strongest in the franchise in my humble opinion. If you can't wait then read the summary :P
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 02:28   Link #2605
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Shinobu Mail novel illustration

Currently reading this, maybe someone will spoil it faster. If not then my not so accurate summaries again.

Some people including me were asking copies on the cashier because the book isn't on display at shelves. However there were signs at the front that it is now on sale. How fishy.

EDIT: Owarimonogatari down is set to release on spring. Zokuowarimonogatari is planned this year. "Final season" word nowhere to be found. It looks like the ride will go on for a while....

Old 2014-01-29, 04:26   Link #2606
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

Quote:
maybe someone will spoil it faster.
Looking forward for your spoilers ^^

Thanks for the illustration. I guess there will be some events with Shinobu's previous servant?
Pi-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 09:45   Link #2607
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Shinobu Mail novel illustration

Currently reading this, maybe someone will spoil it faster. If not then my not so accurate summaries again.

Some people including me were asking copies on the cashier because the book isn't on display at shelves. However there were signs at the front that it is now on sale. How fishy.

EDIT: Owarimonogatari down is set to release on spring. Zokuowarimonogatari is planned this year. "Final season" word nowhere to be found. It looks like the ride will go on for a while....

Oh god please spoil us while you read.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 11:03   Link #2608
DorkingtonPugsly

I'm really hoping mine comes on the 31st or at least the 1st of feb. I'll be pissed off otherwise. Been looking forward to this arc.
Old 2014-01-29, 11:42   Link #2609
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

暦は序盤は結構ナヨナヨしてた感じだったが、
ガハラさんへの電話・羽川からメール貰ってからの決断とか終盤は久しぶりに主人公してた
しかし忍に対して啖呵切る神原さんの恰好よさがナンバーワンだった
忍殺しは一応報われたのかねぇ・・・
最終的には臥煙さんの思惑通りって感じだったが・・・

I can't read moon damn it.
Old 2014-01-29, 11:59   Link #2610
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
暦は序盤は結構ナヨナヨしてた感じだったが、
忍殺しは一応報われたのかねぇ・・・

I can't read moon damn it.
Spoiler for short translation:
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 15:23   Link #2611
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
暦は序盤は結構ナヨナヨしてた感じだったが、
忍殺しは一応報われたのかねぇ・・・
sounds lush
Old 2014-01-30, 11:41   Link #2612
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Finished the book. Really good. I liked koyomimonogatari and owari up with those mystery/detective genre and short stories whatever that is but this book returned to its mysterious/thrilling appeal and was not a collection of shorts.

This is the missing timeframe from NekoShiro. Anti-climatic as usual. First sub's name is Seishirou Shishirui. Shinobu basically chose to be with Araragi and Ararargi chose to be with Shinobu. But Seishirou was content because Shinobu isn't alone anymore. Because Shinobu IS supposed to have a partner. Poof. Dead. Talk about NTR.
Gaen went full Kaiki and lied to Kanbaru saying she is Meme's relative lol.
There are surprising bits about Episode and Kanbaru went Kamijou TOUMAN near the end. If the final season were to be animated I'll be looking forward for this scene the most. Kanbaru shined on this one and Shinobu's realization about Seishirou/Araragi is very good IMO.
They also replicated the kiss scene in bake with saying "I love you" to each other. Arararagi and Hitagi.
The end credits said Owari down will be the final story so Zokuowari might be the SoL adventures during arararagi's first year in college.

And oh, Arararagi was cool in this book.

We got 4 characters that come and go during the final season books.
Tadazuru
Kagenui
Sodachi + Classmates of Arararrgi.
Seishirou

There's one line I was particularly bothered with, it seems that Arararagi still puts Hanekawa first on his priority list when he speaks....
Old 2014-01-30, 12:23   Link #2613
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Finished the book. Really good. I liked koyomimonogatari and owari up with those mystery/detective genre and short stories whatever that is but this book returned to its mysterious/thrilling appeal and was not a collection of shorts.

This is the missing timeframe from NekoShiro. Anti-climatic as usual. First sub's name is Seishirou Shishirui. Shinobu basically chose to be with Araragi and Ararargi chose to be with Shinobu. But Seishirou was content because Shinobu isn't alone anymore. Because Shinobu IS supposed to have a partner. Poof. Dead. Talk about NTR.
Gaen went full Kaiki and lied to Kanbaru saying she is Meme's relative lol.
There are surprising bits about Episode and Kanbaru went Kamijou TOUMAN near the end. If the final season were to be animated I'll be looking forward for this scene the most. Kanbaru shined on this one and Shinobu's realization about Seishirou/Araragi is very good IMO.
They also replicated the kiss scene in bake with saying "I love you" to each other. Arararagi and Hitagi.
The end credits said Owari down will be the final story so Zokuowari might be the SoL adventures during arararagi's first year in college.

And oh, Arararagi was cool in this book.

We got 4 characters that come and go during the final season books.
Tadazuru
Kagenui
Sodachi + Classmates of Arararrgi.
Seishirou

There's one line I was particularly bothered with, it seems that Arararagi still puts Hanekawa first on his priority list when he speaks....
Wait that doesn't explain anything. Why were Araragi's clothes all ripped and stuff? How did the first come back?
Old 2014-01-30, 14:05   Link #2614
mugimugi
bwaka

He also said this was a terrible experience. But apparently, nothing happened at all. I mean why was Episode hired?
mugimugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 16:33   Link #2615
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Nice revelations. I look forward to actually seeing it for myself. I'm glad for more Episode stuff.

Quote:
Why are you bothered by it?

But anyway, while I wish it meant something, he's probably just trolling certain fans.

Or Nisio really has an NTR fetish now.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 18:36   Link #2616
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Wait that doesn't explain anything. Why were Araragi's clothes all ripped and stuff? How did the first come back?
Yeah this... Kanbaru said the battle or whatever was a life or death situation, and everyone including araragi himself were uncomfortable talking about it. At least tell me there's some fighting/gore/awesome action somewhere...

pls...
Old 2014-01-30, 18:48   Link #2617
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Since he said it was anticlimatic, I would guess there wasn't a big brawl shown, but the aftermath of a struggle.

Might be a tad disappointing, but I'm not into this for the battles anyway.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 19:07   Link #2618
doughnut23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugimugi View Post
He also said this was a terrible experience. But apparently, nothing happened at all. I mean why was Episode hired?
well it would be a terrible experience to meet your "girlfriends" ex right?? lol jke jke
doughnut23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 21:23   Link #2619
DorkingtonPugsly

At animate...

Old 2014-01-31, 00:00   Link #2620
FelynxTiger
くすぐ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
At animate...

That servant's helmet 0w0
FelynxTiger is offline   Reply With Quote