AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-15, 12:08   Link #3181
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I agree that Deen's adaptation pretty much suck. I feel like FSN would only shine in full glory if they have Kinoko Nasu incorporate all three routes into one and then adapt that. I guess they would have the best bet if they adapt the FSN manga right now which is pretty well done as far as I can tell (follows mostly Fate route, but with UBW and HF major plot points integrated in so far....).

Anyway I asked this question in the Fate/zero episode 7 thread but this place is a lot more suitable.

1) Does FSN Archer actually remember Saber? If he does then wouldn't it be obvious that he remembers that his younger self eventually bests his older self? In a way he already know what's going to happen then why bother plotting the whole kill himself act?
2) I understand that the summoned servants are actually just replicas of whatever is stored in the Holy Grail. That the true spirit is never summoned, so when they die it doens't affect the real thing. So with this said, Saber is the only exception to this rule because she signed the contract BEFORE she died? How do you even sign the contract you just talk to the world?
3) I understand that FSN and Tsukihime are actually part of the Nasuverse, so how old is Shiki right now in FSN? Do they happen parallel to each other? Is KNK also part of this verse?
4) I understand that Servants drain prana from their Masters through a "link". This process is apparently automatic, but they can manually get more from consuming souls? But apparently they can also transfer magic through sex (same as Tsukihime)....so really....who on earth would prefer sucking souls over sex? I mean it would make sense if you summoned someone that is not your sexual interest at all, but I don't think that applies for Caster or Rider in FSN (which is what they did). Even if souls would replenish mana more than sex, sex seems to be a viable route since it replenished Saber plenty even though Shiroh is an incompetent master (doesn't he have very little mana to begin with?).
5) I am also very confused about Illya being the holy grail. The UBW movie doesn't help at all. I know Einzburns are the ones who made the Holy Grail....so they hid it in her? Then why is she even in the war as a Master? What?
Mixing up all 3 routes together will always be fail, and also adapting that FSN manga would be a really bad choice as even Deens adaptation was better then that.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 12:36   Link #3182
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Giorno, think about it. Why would Nasu make a whole alternative ending because of a few whims of the characters?
to please saber's fans, of course, especially considering what happens to her in HF

UBW is Rin's route, Rin is Shirou's love interest, Rin is the one Shirou falls in love with and Rin is the one with whom he enters into a relationship with. There is no way for there to be a saber x shirou x rin undertone without Rin not only being ok with it, but actually starting it in the first place...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 13:39   Link #3183
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
There is no way for there to be a saber x shirou x rin undertone without Rin not only being ok with it, but actually starting it in the first place...
Does not logically follow from this..
Quote:
UBW is Rin's route, Rin is Shirou's love interest, Rin is the one Shirou falls in love with and Rin is the one with whom he enters into a relationship with.
It's called interpretation. It's all up to interpetation.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 14:21   Link #3184
Vicious108

Shirou being in love solely with Saber didn't stop Rin from getting in on the action in Fate, so I don't see why Saber couldn't also be allowed to join in on the fun in UBW Good End, especially when it'd be more efficient mana transfer wise as well.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 14:33   Link #3185
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Shirou being in love solely with Saber didn't stop Rin from getting in on the action in Fate, so I don't see why Saber couldn't also be allowed to join in on the fun in UBW Good End, especially when it'd be more efficient mana transfer wise as well.
She probably will join in the fun, but it's more like Rin's fun since it is her harem.
Old 2011-11-15, 14:41   Link #3186
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This is pointless. There's info here for joinli to form his own opinions. I hope these responses adequately answer your questions, joinli.
Old 2011-11-15, 15:46   Link #3187
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Mixing up all 3 routes together will always be fail, and also adapting that FSN manga would be a really bad choice as even Deens adaptation was better then that.
I'm currently reading the manga and it seems to follow Fate route more, with splices of UBW and hints of HF (such as Sakura being Rider's master). I'm actually enjoying this read much more than Deen's as I see Deen's adaptation to be very very boring and poorly done, with good music and a good ending. Why would you think it's horrible?

Quote:
She probably will join in the fun, but it's more like Rin's fun since it is her harem.
She gets dibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This is pointless. There's info here for joinli to form his own opinions. I hope these responses adequately answer your questions, joinli.
Thanks Haak, you and Giorno and everyone here have been very informative and really helped me appreciate the Fate series a lot more .
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 16:25   Link #3188
Ragna92

Quote:
I'm currently reading the manga and it seems to follow Fate route more, with splices of UBW and hints of HF (such as Sakura being Rider's master). I'm actually enjoying this read much more than Deen's as I see Deen's adaptation to be very very boring and poorly done, with good music and a good ending. Why would you think it's horrible?
Because it is. Like I said earlier mixing the routes together only makes it worst. Seriously reading the VN is the only way to go if you want to experience and appreciate fate stay night to its fullest.
Old 2011-11-15, 16:27   Link #3189
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Because it is. Like I said earlier mixing the routes together only makes it worst. Seriously reading the VN is the only way to go if you want to experience and appreciate fate stay night to its fullest.
only parts are mix, it will go straight back to the Fate route in the later parts.
Old 2011-11-15, 16:36   Link #3190
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
only parts are mix, it will go straight back to the Fate route in the later parts.
I rather go re read the fate route then read some manga adaptation of the fate route. I seriously don't get what the point of it is, but we'll see how it goes later on. Actually from what I remember it started with the UBW route and then changed to the Fate route. I was wondering what the mangaka was thinking when he wrote this manga.
Old 2011-11-15, 16:53   Link #3191
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
I rather go re read the fate route then read some manga adaptation of the fate route. I seriously don't get what the point of it is, but we'll see how it goes later on. Actually from what I remember it started with the UBW route and then changed to the Fate route. I was wondering what the mangaka was thinking when he wrote this manga.
He probably thought that Archer's identity and role is too integral in the story not to be set up and subsequently developed.

Spoiler for manga spoil:
Old 2011-11-15, 17:00   Link #3192
Ragna92

Quote:
He probably thought that Archer's identity and role is too integral in the story not to be set up and subsequently developed.

Spoiler for manga spoil:
I'm hoping that happens

Spoiler for manga spoil:
Old 2011-11-15, 21:14   Link #3193
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
I agree that Deen's adaptation pretty much suck. I feel like FSN would only shine in full glory if they have Kinoko Nasu incorporate all three routes into one and then adapt that. I guess they would have the best bet if they adapt the FSN manga right now which is pretty well done as far as I can tell (follows mostly Fate route, but with UBW and HF major plot points integrated in so far....).
There's simply no way to merge all three routes into one, they're just too different. And, no, the Manga is not well done, and nor does it cover any of the "major plot points" of HF, as far as I can tell. It essentially ignores HF entirely, unless they've suddenly gone into a HF arc since I last checked up on it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegfriedCalibur View Post
Can we just think about it as the way to satisfy all fans?
Well, I sure as hell don't find that ending "satisfying", regardless of whether Saber is in love with Shirou or not so, no, we can't....

Quote:
Well, you've not read the VN and, thus, don't realise how horribly the manga butchers the characters, story mechanics and plot....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 03:26   Link #3194
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post

Well, you've not read the VN and, thus, don't realise how horribly the manga butchers the characters, story mechanics and plot....
I meant no disrespect mate, it was a genuine question. I shall give the VN a try then.
Old 2011-11-16, 04:02   Link #3195
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Don't mind him, he's always like that.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:51   Link #3196
giorno

he's right about it though.

seriously, play the VN if you want to read Fate/Stay Night, both the anime and manga butchered it to some extent...
Old 2011-11-16, 09:45   Link #3197
SiegfriedCalibur
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, I sure as hell don't find that ending "satisfying", regardless of whether Saber is in love with Shirou or not so, no, we can't....
At times, when I didn't know about Realta Nua, that was surely enough satisfying ending for me.

Loving Saber to death comes hard sometimes...I guess
Old 2011-11-16, 18:03   Link #3198
giorno

no, what he meant is that he doesn't give a crap about any other heroine other than sakura, and since we don't know what happens to her outside HF, the endings of fate and UBW aren't satisfying for him...

actually, it's kinda the same for me, except i still like the UBW true end....
Old 2011-11-16, 21:47   Link #3199
LunarMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
F/SN starts at the end of Tsukihime, same reality. KnK happens in a different reality.
Does it say that specifically? I was just under the idea that either of them could take place in the same timeline as Fate but that, due to how statistically improbable it is for two Mystic Eye of Death users to exist at the same time, that it's pretty much impossible for both Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai to exist in the same timeline together. We at least know that Touko is creating puppets in Heaven's Feel.

Spoiler for Fate Zero:
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 02:34   Link #3200
jonli
JONLIの憂'

They take place in a different reality but Touko and Aoko are still sisters? So did Touko jump to another reality or Aoko?

I thought both Shiki's eyes are fundamentally different, in that although they are similar their origin is different enough that they aren't really the same thing? Also how do they explain Ryougi Shiki hanging out in Melty Blood?