Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-18, 06:27   Link #61
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Would someone please be so kind as to translate the title of this show? Unfortunately I can't find that information on the usual sites and the fansubbers wasn't so kind as to translate it either.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-18, 06:37   Link #62
NeoSam

Mamoru’s Blessing from the Goddess

I think >.<
Old 2006-10-18, 10:26   Link #63
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Would someone please be so kind as to translate the title of this show? Unfortunately I can't find that information on the usual sites and the fansubbers wasn't so kind as to translate it either.
"(Grant) The Goddess' Blessing to Mamoru-kun" is the translation of the title. The title in English doesn't make any sense unless you add a verb to it. It makes sense in Japanese since the particles indicate actions much better than the English equivalents.
Old 2006-10-18, 18:07   Link #64
Mentar
Banned

W0000t!

That was VERY enjoyable ^_^... please carry on by all means, Shouta and Raist, and I hope you'll keep up with the pace of the raws!

An EXTREMELY enjoyable treat for a tsundere fan like me!
Old 2006-10-18, 23:40   Link #65
Kensuke

Woah, I-Z and MahoMaho's version was done by just two persons and Kyou no Sora's by just one? Kudos to you guys!

Ep. 3 airs should air about 10 hours.
Old 2006-10-19, 09:14   Link #66
martino
makes no files now

Just watched episode 1 and this series ROCKS! There is some sweet fanservice in this series, but on very few frames. It's really funny though. And one thing hit me really hard: Ayako is uber kawaiiiii.

In the scene in episode 1 where Ayako was "skateboarding" on the car door while holding Mamoru, I thought that it looked as if he was her son. I mean, he's just so tiny...
Old 2006-10-19, 10:36   Link #67
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Mmm, it's starting to peak my interest. I think I'll go watch episode 1 and see for myself. Btw, is there a short name for this?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-10-19, 12:41   Link #68
molitar

Looks like another wacky fun light fanservice fun show like Koi Koi. Just hope they finish subbing it and not drop it like the groups did with Koi Koi.

It's getting a bit disappointing so many light fun shows just don't get finished subbing anymore it seems.
Old 2006-10-19, 13:26   Link #69
Cyz
"Show it to me"

How old is he anyway? 10? 12? In any case, he's too young to be a first year student. I guess his test scores proves it that he's a smart kid...I mean c'mon, the 7th highest ranking through out the school's history. Now that's a feat.

-- Funny how Ayako confesses her feelings, that was kinda random but it's amusing the way she did it. Lol! I like the complementary cherry blossoms after that

This is the 7th anime I'm currently interested. I wonder if there would be more? I'm keeping my eyes on Gift but...well...let's see what will happen.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-19, 13:36   Link #70
martino
makes no files now

I played around with paint(yes, I'm a noob and yes it is my first attempt) and I ended up with making something simple, so if anyone wants it then feel free to grab it.

without border

with black border
Old 2006-10-19, 14:09   Link #71
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
not bad martino...nice shot of her blushing such a rare sight to outsiders
damit havent seen ep 2 yet nevermind ep 3 >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-19, 14:24   Link #72
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Raist and I have been refering to the show as Mamoru-kun for short. We initially called it Megadere when we were talking about it but switched over since Mamoru-kun was easier to remember.

As I recall, Mamoru is a first year high school student in Japan or Sophomore in America (year wise) making him so roughly 14 or 15 years old. Ayako is a second year or a Junior.
Old 2006-10-19, 14:45   Link #73
Kisuke06
I see...

The first episode was very good. I really liked this series(I'm watching too much series this time, I may have to drop some >.< ). Ayako is already one of my favorites characters.

The school looks like a very interesting place. The Student Council is a very interesting group too(they reminded me a bit of Tokimeki Memorial's first episode ).

This is probably my favorite anime from this fall.
Old 2006-10-19, 15:06   Link #74
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
As I recall, Mamoru is a first year high school student in Japan or Sophomore in America (year wise) making him so roughly 14 or 15 years old. Ayako is a second year or a Junior.
He doesn't look like a 14 or 15 yr. old freshman. That's more like Ayako's age.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-19, 15:23   Link #75
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Any opinions about fansub quality? I-Z & MahoMaho squeezed it into about 110 Mb, which suggests the image quality is horrible. The size of Kyou no Sora's release is a more conventional 172 Mb. All groups involved seem to be very inexperienced.

I think I'm gonna DL the KnS sub and post my opinion when I've seen it.

Last edited by Archuka; 2006-10-19 at 15:41.
Old 2006-10-19, 15:33   Link #76
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Wow, I didnt know this was based on a novel. I like this show. But the protagonist somehow looks like a shota...
And ive never seen a tsundere like this. really nice^^
Old 2006-10-19, 15:39   Link #77
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
He doesn't look like a 14 or 15 yr. old freshman. That's more like Ayako's age.
I was 15 when I entered high school here in America due to my late birthday (stupid school system!) and most of my classmates were a year younger than I am. So 14-15 isn't a stretch at all. He might actually be a little older since he's a Sophomore (in an American high school) but I guessed low since he might've skipped grades ^^;.
Old 2006-10-19, 15:47   Link #78
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archuka View Post
Any opinions about fansub quality? I-Z & MahoMaho squeezed it into about 110 Mb, which suggests the image quality is horrible. The size of Kyou no Sora's release is a more conventional 172 Mb. All groups involved seem to be very inexperienced.
As a fansubber myself, this is the kind of ignorant crap which gets my blood boiling in no time.

Archuka, just for your information: First thing, before you start dissing a release, you should at least WATCH it first. Second, while size can be an indicator, at least for h264.mkv releases it doesn't mean too much. I've seen the I-Z/MM release, and while it's on the softer side due to the raws available, it's perfectly fine and not "horrible" in the least. Finally - while I don't know Shouta, I know RaistlinMajere fairly well, and he's one of the real veterans of the fansub business and has most likely been actively working on fansubs longer than you had your anime hobby.

The "inexperienced" guy here is you, not the releasing groups. Sheesh.
Old 2006-10-19, 15:52   Link #79
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hes a boy prodigy so id guess hes between 10-12 yrs old...or he could be a cute underdeveloped 15 yr old it reminds me of honey senpai from ouran host club ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-19, 15:59   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 3 raw

Dreadfully stupid -- and dreadfully entertaining. The heteroshotacon + megatsundere premise is still working for me. Takahashi Mikako is doing really well as Ayako. All the characters are likeable. There is lots of actually amusing violence without anyone getting hurt. There is some touching romance. Things move at a reasonable clip. And I found a few bits really, really funny:
Spoiler for ep3:
No chasing bad guys in this episode. I guess the show will mix romance, adventure, and full-on comedy all the way. With a little near-nudity thrown in, it appears.

I'm not sure about ages, but Mamoru referred to Ayako as his "sempai," and the official site says he's in first year and she's in second. He's obviously drawn young, but I can just about imagine him as a youthful-looking 14/15. The official site says he's short and looks like a kid, but doesn't seem to mention anything about him skipping grades.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs