AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-10, 11:57   Link #1
gizmo
Monenenenee!

Full metal panic? Fumoffu

I was SOOOO disappointed when i finished the serie, i was totally unaware of the fact it wasn't a runner up for full metal panic? 1.
I watched episode after the other and just waited for the great storyline that was shown in the first serie to come up, but i only got thrown to death with comedy (nice comedy though, but still)

After 5 episodes i figured it wasn't anything like the older serie, so i tried to get myself over it and watch the serie as if it was a serie that i've never seen, but with the same characters and stuff i couldn't enjoy the total make-over of the serie.

The comedy was nice, i must admit but it was too empty the whole serie.
I was really disappointed, please share your opinion.
Old 2004-03-10, 12:00   Link #2
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
On the whole, I've found a great majority of the people I've spoken with like Fumoffu better than the original.

I personally loved Fumoffu, despite only having seen 13 episodes of the first season.
Old 2004-03-10, 12:22   Link #3
Kurama no Miko2003
Twirly! Twirly~!!

Location: Wherever my favorite guy in the whole wide world is
Send a message via AIM to Kurama no Miko2003
I like both series; FMP Fumoffu is less serious and lighter than FMP itself . . . of course, I've only seen 9 eps of the series. But I love both series and I think they're both worth watching.

~ Kurama no Miko2003
Old 2004-03-10, 12:22   Link #4
7thMethuselah

FMP Fumoffu was intended as a pure comdy series and should eb watched as such... And as a comedy it is one of the most awesome i've ever seen . I really really loved fumoffu but then again I preferred the comedy epsiodes in the first season one over the story/action ones as well.

If there is gonna be a FMP 3 I'd like it to have a mix again, it's a great story and awesome comedy. But hey as long as Kaname is in it I don't care
Old 2004-03-10, 12:26   Link #5
Go-lytely

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
I was SOOOO disappointed when i finished the serie, i was totally unaware of the fact it wasn't a runner up for full metal panic? 1.
I watched episode after the other and just waited for the great storyline that was shown in the first serie to come up, but i only got thrown to death with comedy (nice comedy though, but still)

After 5 episodes i figured it wasn't anything like the older serie, so i tried to get myself over it and watch the serie as if it was a serie that i've never seen, but with the same characters and stuff i couldn't enjoy the total make-over of the serie.

The comedy was nice, i must admit but it was too empty the whole serie.
I was really disappointed, please share your opinion.
Fumoffu kicked the first seasons ass. What made the first season good was the comedy. I didnt particularly care for the action/drama of the first season.
Old 2004-03-10, 12:29   Link #6
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

I actually havent seen the first season so I watched Fumofuu with a virgin palate for the series. I thought it was one if the funniest animes I had ever seen.
Old 2004-03-10, 14:27   Link #7
Wurz
Are we really innocent?

I loved both series, but I gotta agree with Gizmo. The second series just doesn't fit to me. But then again, it may be just me (and Gizmo)

Pure comedy is great but I think it needs a bad guy like in the last series. There was no story line to follow, just the next funny thing to look forward to...
Old 2004-03-10, 16:54   Link #8
cheez
duh?

Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
I'm with Wurz and Gizmo here. Fumoffu was great and all, but the first series was far more enjoyable. I went from FMP! straight to Fumoffu and was disappointed that the storyline didn't pick back up. Then I decided to treat it as it was, a selection of comedic occurrences that occurred DURING the first season, and that worked for me.

Still would have much preferred a second season like the first was. Ah well, there's always hoping for a third.
Old 2004-03-12, 03:10   Link #9
OshadowO

I guess I lucked out. I watched fumoffu first and then went ahead and watched the original as I was craving for more.
I think the original is a better series. More intense more character development etc. Fumoffu still rocks though I can understand how i'd have been disappointed too if I'd seen S1 first and expected more of the same in S2.
Old 2004-03-12, 11:30   Link #10
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Judging by peoples reactions I'd wager that fumoffu would be more
enjoyable if, while watching FMP!, one stopped at about the mid point
of the highschool life episodes, watched fumoffu then proceeded to
carry on with the rest of FMP!.
Old 2004-03-14, 12:43   Link #11
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Agreed. I finished FMP: Fummoffu before FMP! I was watching them at the same time. VERY COOL.
I liked the way Fumoffu took away the seriousness at the end of FMP!
Old 2004-04-09, 03:53   Link #12
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Shoot...

Dam*it, not good.

I've just finished FMP! season 1 (and am still trying to lift my dangling jaw), and I'm wondering whether or not to watch Fumoffu. Everyone seems to agree that it's fantastic, but it appears that the ppl who watched season1 first liked 1 better. I really enjoyed the mecha, fights, and drama of the first, but I thought the school scenes were pretty funny as well. Any tips? Will I be disappointed with it after the dazzling first season?
Old 2004-04-09, 05:50   Link #13
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
On the whole, I've found a great majority of the people I've spoken with like Fumoffu better than the original.
This has been my experience as well.

The problem comes with the fact that fans of the first series wanted more of the same (I don't mean this in a bad way) and was hoping / expecting the second to provide it.

Spoiler for If you really don't want any clues as to what FMP?F is about:
Old 2004-04-09, 07:08   Link #14
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Dam*it, not good.

I've just finished FMP! season 1 (and am still trying to lift my dangling jaw), and I'm wondering whether or not to watch Fumoffu. Everyone seems to agree that it's fantastic, but it appears that the ppl who watched season1 first liked 1 better. I really enjoyed the mecha, fights, and drama of the first, but I thought the school scenes were pretty funny as well. Any tips? Will I be disappointed with it after the dazzling first season?
I recommend Fumoffu to all! People familiar with FMP! can really enjoy this series as it's a nice break from all that tension^^. Not to say that people who have not seen the FMP! will not enjoy it. Think of FMP? Fumoffu as a sitcom, on par with Seinfeld(okay, maybe going too far, but that's how I feel about Fumoffu.)

Think about the first couple of episodes of FMP! if you've seen it: Sousuke, a life-long mercenary attempting to live a normal school life. As many already know, Sousuke is the kind of guy who would blow-up half the school just to make sure a bento isn't actually a bomb set for Kaname. There you have it

Fumoffu is slapstick, with the existing characters from the first animated series and a few more. With its so-out-there plot, I found myself could not stop laughing 5 minutes after I'd finished the series

Oh and also, for the serious Gundam fans... watch for serious parody actions that's wrong on every level
Closed Thread