AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-02-25, 02:14   Link #601
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This episode seals it ... this is officially the most stupid show of the season. And given that this season features a show whose main characters are immobile statues; that's really saying something. Worse, I think this show is only watchable because it knows it's the most stupid show this season, and gleefully goes out of its way to check off every "stupid show" box possible.

I mean, in this episode, Butt Monkey summons Cthulhu, of all beings, they throw the giant monkey a beatdown, have it on the ropes, and are about to roast it good and proper ... instead, they listen to Ruru, the least-helpful character in the entire show, and we have an ending that made me want the last half hour of my life back.
Old 2016-02-25, 02:41   Link #602
Pen3

I bet Ruru peed a bit into his tea pot. Drinking that love nectar.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 02:42   Link #603
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was nice seeing the other guys' powers, but that's all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 03:24   Link #604
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I will now make you hear BUREIMONOOOOOOOOOO when you watch this next episode preview.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 04:44   Link #605
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

farewell Haruhiko, he will give birth to that monkey's children...........

also shit might happens if that hot springs somehow appears at Hogwarts instead.........
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 08:53   Link #606
Nozomu Itoshiki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I will now make you hear BUREIMONOOOOOOOOOO when you watch this next episode preview.

Yep this is more anime original content, if there was any hope to get at least a little scratch of the main plot, is now gone.

This guy really gets what is happening with Phantom World and Kyoani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
I don't think there was any other objective, aside from KyoAni saying once again "You wanted us to do fanservice, so here we are doing fanservice."
Nozomu Itoshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 09:06   Link #607
LevelSeven

lol, what kind of anime is this sh*t?

i hate this -_-
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 09:59   Link #608
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
farewell Haruhiko, he will give birth to that monkey's children...........

also shit might happens if that hot springs somehow appears at Hogwarts instead.........
Don't worry ... going by the episode 9 preview, Butt-Monkey survives his honeymoon with his new monkey groom just fine. Continuity is for tools!
Old 2016-02-25, 10:30   Link #609
Kamieichi

Images
Shimono Hiro
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 10:33   Link #610
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Every time I think this show can't get any worse, it does. Oh well, at least there was some nice Mai service to enjoy.
Old 2016-02-25, 15:53   Link #611
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Someone posts the good resolution stitches.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 16:50   Link #612
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Probably the weakest episode of the show, but still enjoyable nonetheless. There was plenty of Mai fanservice to go around in this episode, alongside with the other girls as well. It was interesting to see the other classmate's and their special phantom fighting powers as well. Light swords, Water dragon summon, and Surfing girls combo! I think they were the ones who almost had a fighting chance against the ape phantom.

You have to admit though. As the episodes progress, Haruhiko seems to be getting a little bit more useful in the battles that they fight. Especially in this episode, when the learns how to summon his friends without the help of his trusty sketch book! That was pretty impressive. And of course, Senpai finally noticing.
Spoiler for The ending was kinda weird:

But I gotta admit that the phantom designs on this show have been awesome! Judging from the preview for the next episode, those designs don't seem to be losing steam yet! And I have spoiled myself with some summaries of the novels, since everyone kept on comparing it to its novel counterpart. And yes I will agree that the stories are different. But I rather have this series go on with its lighthearted and fun tone. I don't see no reason to change gears, especially at this point of the show's season.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 16:53   Link #613
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I bet Ruru peed a bit into his tea pot. Drinking that love nectar.
aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 03:18   Link #614
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

While it's far from being the best of the season (the one-two combo of Grimgar/KonoSuba clinches that title for me), I enjoy this series for what it is... guilty pleasure of watching KyoAni making a fanservice show that doesn't take itself seriously. Yeah it's dumb, and yes the show is mostly stupid, but if it elicits a chuckle or two per episode from me, I'd say it's doing at least one thing right.

Of course I personally want the show to actually go serious plot in order for me to get a conclusion on the romance front (heck I'd even settle for them confirming Mai/MC childhood friends as implied by the OP), but I learned from previous shows that wanting an anime to be what it's not, is the most surefire way to kill one's enjoyment of it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-26, 22:02   Link #615
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 8:
Gotta say that Haruhiko got omochikaeri'd at the end of this episode, by an ape no less!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 16:20   Link #616
grecefar

just for fun this chapter, I got some laughs out and I did enjoy mai fanservice.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 08:30   Link #617
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 08, try and delete this, Crow lol

NSFW
Megami swimsuits

Heh, they should have used the above scan for an episode, phantom watermelon and all But that scan is weird, Koito-chan looks fine in the sun and enjoying a 'melon no less, I thought she can't stand the heat

Speaking of which, she was so cute in this episode, trying to be sexy. Ah, my heart beat skipped a few beats during her turn
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 10:30   Link #618
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Somehow I saw this episode as KyoAni way of saying:

"You asked if us could do better fanservice after Amaburi? Here it is ..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
You have to admit though. As the episodes progress, Haruhiko seems to be getting a little bit more useful in the battles that they fight. Especially in this episode, when the learns how to summon his friends without the help of his trusty sketch book! That was pretty impressive. And of course, Senpai finally noticing.
Agreed. Looking back, while overshadowed by his moe and charming comrades, Haruhiko does show growth on his abilities as the episodes progress.
Poor Koito though, whenever she's dealing case with Haruhiko gang, there must be something that either blocked or reduce the effectiveness of her ability.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 11:53   Link #619
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yeah, they failed it.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 15:15   Link #620
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
NSFW
Megami swimsuits

Heh, they should have used the above scan for an episode, phantom watermelon and all But that scan is weird, Koito-chan looks fine in the sun and enjoying a 'melon no less, I thought she can't stand the heat

Speaking of which, she was so cute in this episode, trying to be sexy. Ah, my heart beat skipped a few beats during her turn
Now I really want another swimsuit episode.

Mayonnaise-sama

Tags
harem, special powers