AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 17:34   Link #401
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

True, however (again going on YM trans) only 5 of the Heroic tribe survived, all of the rest were wiped out. Im guessing they survived cause they were the strongest of the tribe. Also, the way the shows portraying itself (so far atleast) is that the ribes are united. Though whether they stay united or not is another matter heheh
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 17:50   Link #402
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 2 kept my interest strong in the series. We finally get to learn of the labors that the Golden tribe has set for humanity. My take on the labors are they are tests to see if humanity is able and deserving to rule the universe. Its almost like the golden tribe has chosen humanity to succeed them. It makes sense since 2 of the labors involve defeating whats left of the heroic tribe and finding and occupying the silver tribes home planet. Also the last labors seem to point to what humanity should do when their time is up which is chose another race to succeed them as well. The concept of the story really intrigued me and im a huge sci fi freak. They dropped some clues about earth but I didnt see any definite about whats going on there.

Age is a very charismatic character the childlike innocence he has pulls you in. Also, he seems untouched by evil, greed, or any other failing quality that we humans possess. From his isolation on the planet he never encountered or learned those traits, as one character said he was able to get close to the princess because he is pure of heart. I think Ages biggest problems will be fitting in with normal humans and defeating other members of the Heroic tribe. If you notice the camera does several close up shots of Ages eyes. My guess is one of course to explain where the gizmo is which is behind his eye, but also to show the innocence he posses.

I want to know more about the Broze tribe and why they are hunting humans. They seem to be on a mission and also it seems they are scared to death of the heroic tribe. The silver tribe will be interesting as well, because of the hologram we saw of one of the members they are humanoid apparently but i bet they will all be beautiful with long hair.

episode 3 is out downloading right now cant wait
Old 2007-04-18, 19:29   Link #403
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Well, I imagine you'd be a bit nervous around somehting capable of achieving escape velocity from a standing leap and cracking asteroids on the way up.
Old 2007-04-18, 21:43   Link #404
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

@Aka

Bronze Tribe is under Silver Tribe control
Old 2007-04-18, 22:58   Link #405
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Well, I imagine you'd be a bit nervous around somehting capable of achieving escape velocity from a standing leap and cracking asteroids on the way up.
hell just looking at a nodoss would be enough for most people to hide in a cupboard somewhere >.<
Old 2007-04-18, 23:36   Link #406
ThoHell

LOL, there's some mad jealousy at the end when that guy watches the prince TOUCH (she doesn't touch any male) Age, actually more like stroke his hair. I take it those 4 that appeared at the end were the other 4 heroic tribe members at the end of ep. 3. Seems like their help is only requested for the heavy duty work/the overwhelming conquering power, besides that they just seem to relax and chill all day. The last heroic tribe member they showed, that girl staring right at you, looks evil!

Does the silver tribe control the heroic tribe members or are they actually working together? Not too sure. From seeing Age in action makes me think heroic tribe member are way to powerful to be controled, way to godlike and destroys planet size things with ease and can go on fighting nonstop like a mad man. Guess they're at a mutual alliance of some sort or the heroic tribe is actually running the scene?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 00:07   Link #407
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

My understanding of the 3 eps so far is that they're bound to their hosts, and do what they say sort of. They were imprisoned and placed in their hosts as a punishment by the gold tribe. Whethere they'll stay like that through out the sho is a different matter though.

Currently the silver tribe has 4 nodoss under their control, 'umans have one. From the way Age acts, it seems that they're (the nodoss) are completely under the control of their host. Only coming out when called etc.
Old 2007-04-19, 01:58   Link #408
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..the series isnt able to grab mu attention. The character design seems very average. Hopefully, the story will be more than what they are promising. I usuallu dont like it, when they show that the chosen one pwnz all, and the rest are useless. They hardly show any skill with the Iron tribe. I hope the story will turn out to be more interesting and not just turn out to be plan action where we have to depend on this one guy. The setting is simply too stereotype
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 04:01   Link #409
DieH@rd

Ioalus look like he will burs in emo crying any time when he sees Age and Hime-sama. And did Hime-sama mention that humans created those "selfish" labours??? It damn looks that way....

Also big plus for XEBEC for using 2D mechs.
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 05:12   Link #410
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3.

This series still hasn't done anything special, but it's starting to look like a half decent time-killer. No point commenting on the plot or characters, since it's still in its early stages and hasn't done anything ridiculously out-of-step. I'm wondering why the animation is so inconsistent, though. At times, it's beautiful beyond words, like Age's transformation sequence and some of the CG, and at times it's very mediocre, like during the 2D mecha battles. Obviously budget demands that it can't be beautiful all the time, but the split between its best and its worst is too noticeable, IMO.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 05:45   Link #411
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
does anybody know what is the "SON MY VIETNAM" follows by a bunch of vietnamese names in the ending credit for? We vietnamese are not very famous in making animation stuff, so i'm very surprise to see such a large number of vietnamese names in the ending credit @_@ ? What do they do btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
and who the hell wears a one piece swimsuit to a shower 0_o)
they do, in anime
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 06:34   Link #412
-Xtian-
Translator/Checker

The Title for that part with the vietnamese names is "Bi jutsu" = Fine Art, Art (we get Art Gallery from Bi Jutsu Kan). So not an animation studio, as there is a separate category in the credits. No idea what they do but... Son My is a city in Vietnam. Probably the Japanese studio in charge of "art" has a branch in Son My, Vietnam.

The quality changes because the scenes/sequences are sent to different studios. It usually takes about 2 weeks minimum to do a 30 min (22 min i guess) animation. Then we have the 3D involved as well. So to be able to keep up they send it to different studios.

I think it is just a matter of time before all the asian nations do animation lol. Japanese/American studios have been using Japan/Korean studios for a while, and I've been seeing a lot of HK and Chinese studios, some Thailand studios, now even Vietnam =)
-Xtian- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 11:52   Link #413
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieH@rd View Post
Ioalus look like he will burs in emo crying any time when he sees Age and Hime-sama. And did Hime-sama mention that humans created those "selfish" labours??? It damn looks that way....

Also big plus for XEBEC for using 2D mechs.
Yes she does, at the end of ep 2 when she's explaining them, she says the labours were selfishly created by them (the umans)
Old 2007-04-19, 17:17   Link #414
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 3.

This series still hasn't done anything special, but it's starting to look like a half decent time-killer. No point commenting on the plot or characters, since it's still in its early stages and hasn't done anything ridiculously out-of-step. I'm wondering why the animation is so inconsistent, though. At times, it's beautiful beyond words, like Age's transformation sequence and some of the CG, and at times it's very mediocre, like during the 2D mecha battles. Obviously budget demands that it can't be beautiful all the time, but the split between its best and its worst is too noticeable, IMO.
Hint: Age's transformation is reused footage like most Magical Girl's transformations.

Also: Jeez, Heroic episode 3 had some of the worse characterizations in the whole season, and the script, direction and animation didn't helped much either.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 17:36   Link #415
totalnet

I guess B-I got has been rename as Sphere. Ep3 sub is out.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 19:22   Link #416
DwArD
mAnIaC

I'm still not too sure about the story until I watched ep 3. At least they explained some stuffs about the other tribes. Back in ep 2, I was wondering whether the 12 labours were a little too overboard but after watching ep 3, I think its perfectly alright. I like this series so far and I was hoping this won't turn out to be like Gundam Seed....you know, travelling around in a battleship with enemies hot on their tails....
Old 2007-04-20, 03:59   Link #417
ccardoso
Banned

Is the planet shown at the end of episode 3 Earth? The one where there are the silver tribe nodosses.
And what is the horoscope?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 05:00   Link #418
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
I guess B-I got has been rename as Sphere. Ep3 sub is out.
They renamed? Nooo... bruised-ichigo was a more cooler name!

Edited: typesetting seems the same in ep 3.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2007-04-20 at 09:09.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 09:42   Link #419
ccardoso
Banned

I thought about Heroic Age's plot presented so far and I've come to a conclusion: the Gold Tribe are made of retarded/insane guys!
Why? Well in episode 3 it's told that the Nodosses were transformed into gems because the Gold Tribe found them guilty of destroying several civilizations and so they punished the five remaming Nodosses. So why in the hell:
1) they accepted Nazi-like labours from the Iron Tribe and, most likely, from the Silver Tribe as well?
2) did they give four Nodosses to the already strong Silver Tribe?
3) did they give the four Nodosses foreseeing what would have happend as they can predict the future?
4) didn't they punish the Silver Tribe as they're doing the very same thing of the Heroic Tribe?

ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 09:44   Link #420
Seska

They are no more in the Universe... thats the point here ... Fight for the strongest, to take their throne...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction