Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-21, 10:12   Link #421
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
They are no more in the Universe... thats the point here ... Fight for the strongest, to take their throne...
Ok but then what's the point in punishing the Heroic Tribe? They were already the winners of the strongest race competition... in confront of them the Silver Tribe (let alone the others) are pathetic.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 10:13   Link #422
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Ok but then what's the point in punishing the Heroic Tribe? They were already the winners of the strongest race competition... in confront of them the Silver Tribe (let alone the others) are pathetic.
It's pretty obvious they don't want the Tribes to kill each other... just listen to what Age says at the beginning of episode 2 before he joins the crew of the princess ship.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 11:02   Link #423
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
It's pretty obvious they don't want the Tribes to kill each other... just listen to what Age says at the beginning of episode 2 before he joins the crew of the princess ship.
It's so obvious they gave four Nodosses to the Silver Tribe, who was strong by itself to begin with: as Gold Tribe can predict future then they knew what would have happened with that four Nodosses. The fact they want all the Tribes to live happily and peacifully with each other is just a load of crap: then why did they accept that Nazi-like labors?
Most likely the Gold Tribe itself came from a struggle similiar to the one we're watching in this show.
Old 2007-04-21, 12:50   Link #424
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The gold tribe hasnt accepted the labours, nor for that matter has Age said he has. If you watch rp one to the end you see the hime in astral form explaining the labours, she states that they were something that they (the umans) selfishly made up.

As for giving the four nodoss to the silver tribe, the impression im getting is that the four they have are about equal to Belcross, who was the most powerful of all the nodoss. So its probably more of a balance.

All that aside, damn how can YM subs be so diferent from Sphere's? i finally watched Spheres ep 3 and at times their translations are totaly different from YM. I understand some are due to differing interpretations, but others are just completely different.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 13:53   Link #425
winry039
love is dreaminess

Send a message via AIM to winry039
interesting
winry039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 15:11   Link #426
Mousee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
All that aside, damn how can YM subs be so diferent from Sphere's? i finally watched Spheres ep 3 and at times their translations are totaly different from YM. I understand some are due to differing interpretations, but others are just completely different.
I must admit, sometimes there are HUGE differences in their translations.
But I do kind of like it at times.... though I don't have any examples off hand, I find that while Sphere's translations are much more accurate and understandable, YM's translations sometimes phrase things better.
Eventually I'll probably completely switch over to just Sphere's subs, but for now I enjoy watching both and comparing their differences
Mousee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 16:06   Link #427
DieH@rd

^ I do the same.

Cant wait to see Silver Tribe in action. Not the Silver's Nodosses, just Silver army...
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 16:49   Link #428
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieH@rd View Post
^ I do the same.

Cant wait to see Silver Tribe in action. Not the Silver's Nodosses, just Silver army...
The Silver Army will get pawned by Belcross.... Heroic Tribe was the strongest in the universe, while the other tribes sucked (a part the Gold Tribe of course).
Old 2007-04-21, 17:32   Link #429
grunty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousee View Post
I must admit, sometimes there are HUGE differences in their translations.
But I do kind of like it at times.... though I don't have any examples off hand, I find that while Sphere's translations are much more accurate and understandable, YM's translations sometimes phrase things better.
Eventually I'll probably completely switch over to just Sphere's subs, but for now I enjoy watching both and comparing their differences
sphere can't nothing.

Anyways, the show is pretty fun so far, certainly better than I expected before watching. I can sense some uber emo coming soon though... :X
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 17:35   Link #430
Seska

plz, no Subgroups warz....
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 18:13   Link #431
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty View Post
sphere can't nothing.

Now that makes no sense at all >.<

YM is okay i suppose (better than nothing lol). But it kind of throws me just how off base they can be at times.

Ah well, atleast we have Sphere's releases to look forward to
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 19:00   Link #432
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post

YM is okay i suppose (better than nothing lol). But it kind of throws me just how off base they can be at times.
i dont care about accuracy of translation as long as i get the general idea

better than nothing for me as well

rather have subs come out once every week or two, than an accurate one that comes out once a month
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 19:06   Link #433
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
i dont care about accuracy of translation as long as i get the general idea
An expression of a general idea about a "white hare" would be undoubtly a "red fox". They are both wild animals, similar size, quadripeds... I'm sure you are getting the gist of thing.

Why don't you go a step further... watch only the raw videos. Anime is not a hard medium to comprehend. Just watch as it unfolds, follow the intonations, you'll get the general idea of what's going on.

PS: I don't think that I have ever heard a more laughable phrase being said on this forum.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 23:57   Link #434
Lost

Ep 3 was meh. There won't be much more incentive to watch this show if the characters do not get more interesting. At least, we get more back story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
It's so obvious they gave four Nodosses to the Silver Tribe, who was strong by itself to begin with: as Gold Tribe can predict future then they knew what would have happened with that four Nodosses. The fact they want all the Tribes to live happily and peacifully with each other is just a load of crap: then why did they accept that Nazi-like labors?
Most likely the Gold Tribe itself came from a struggle similiar to the one we're watching in this show.
I was under the impression that the Silver Tribe won the rest of the Nodosses it currently has by defeating those that had them originally; i.e. the Bronze Tribe. [On a side point; just an interesting point - all the way back from when Earth was conquered, the Bronze were already subjugated by the Silver.]

Originally, the Nodosses' punishment was that they should reside with the Tribes weaker than them (~01:10) - that would include the Bronze Tribe and the Iron Tribe; aside from the Silver Tribe. Soo, I'm concluding from this that originally, not all of the 4 Nodosses with the Silver Tribe at the moment actually started with them at first. They must have been procured in someway.

Simply - 2 Nodosses to the Silver Tribe; 2 Nodosses to the Bronze; and 1 Nodoss (the most powerful one, mind you) to the Iron.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 00:01   Link #435
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I was under the impression that the Silver Tribe won the rest of the Nodosses it currently has by defeating those that had them originally; i.e. the Bronze Tribe.) [On a side point; just an interesting point - all the way back from when Earth was conquered, the Bronze were already subjugated by the Silver.]

Originally, the Nodosses' punishment was that they should reside with the Tribes weaker than them (~01:10) - that would include the Bronze Tribe and the Iron Tribe; aside from the Silver Tribe. Soo, I'm concluding from this that originally, not all of the 4 Nodosses with the Silver Tribe at the moment actually started with them at first. They must have been procured in someway.

Simply - 2 Nodosses to the Silver Tribe; 2 Nodosses to the Bronze; and 1 Nodoss (the most powerful one, mind you) to the Iron.

According to Ep3, the gold tribe gave the silver tribe 4 nodess and the fifth (most powerful)to the iron tribe.
Old 2007-04-22, 00:04   Link #436
Lost

Ooo, which sub and where within the episode? I'm going on Sphere's.
Old 2007-04-22, 00:06   Link #437
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Ooo, which sub and where within the episode? I'm going on Sphere's.
Y-M, ep3 at the beginning.
Old 2007-04-22, 00:13   Link #438
Lost

Sphere's TL at the beginning goes:

Spoiler:

There's nothing to imply that 4 Nodosses went to the Silver Tribe.
Old 2007-04-22, 00:18   Link #439
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Sphere's TL at the beginning goes:

Spoiler:

There's nothing to imply that 4 Nodosses went to the Silver Tribe.
No, but we did see the four nodess getting implanted into the silver tribe. We did not see any bronze tribe in the picture.
Old 2007-04-22, 00:30   Link #440
Lost

I didn't see any sign of the Silver in the scene as well. I don't think one can conclude that all four were implanted to any Tribe just by that scene. It seemed to me like a generic "posing" scene.

Well, suppose it's true that the Silver Tribe got all the Nodosses. I think a possible reason for the Golden Tribe doing this could be because the Silver Tribes were the primary victims (or suffered the most losses) of the Heroic Tribe. Or, at that time, the Silver had already conquered the Bronze. XD

Tags
action, science fiction