AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-01, 04:16   Link #501
Seska

He, the Argonaut is on a Rescue mission. And so far the Iron-Tribe have hide successfully against the Silver tribe. Why you think, that they taken now a detour to avoid lead them into their Home system?

But, yes. Give the Bronze tribe more power or let the Silver tribe do more work... It's getting a bit boring.... Bronze Tribe are cannon fodder so far... Give the SILVER Tribe more Spine... not the Iron tribe...

Even a Bronze hive queen. Have their Egg-produced limits. To fill up, what they lost to the Nodoss (Well, that can be used as a excuss to bring the Silver tribe more in action, dear Story writers)

"With the mass lose of our Slaves (Bronze tribe) they are now under force, and we need now to get to the Front line. It can't be helped" or something about that.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 11:15   Link #502
ccardoso
Banned

Finally people seem to start realizing what I've been repeating for two weeks: the show is getting boring with the Bronze Tribe getting owned time after time and now we even have the godzilla action! Even more dragon ball crap!
Well at least, after FIVE episodes, I'm not the only one saying that the show needs some dramatic change/twist to remain interesting or it will just become some "power ranger" clone on steroids!

Ah a note about the Silver Tribe: what the hell are they doing? I mean they always use the Bronze Tribe to make the dirty work and the Nodosses for "more refined" work. And what about them? Do they have some ability on their own or are they just useless bishounen who only pose in a fashion show?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 11:22   Link #503
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Finally people seem to start realizing what I've been repeating for two weeks: the show is getting boring with the Bronze Tribe getting owned time after time and now we even have the godzilla action! Even more dragon ball crap!
Well at least, after FIVE episodes, I'm not the only one saying that the show needs some dramatic change/twist to remain interesting or it will just become some "power ranger" clone on steroids!

Ah a note about the Silver Tribe: what the hell are they doing? I mean they always use the Bronze Tribe to make the dirty work and the Nodosses for "more refined" work. And what about them? Do they have some ability on their own or are they just useless bishounen who only pose in a fashion show?

The things is, Heroic Age isn't about the fights but mystery the Golden Tribe had left behind. I don't Belcross being the most powerful Nodess and can kickass anyway he wants. Hercules, who i believed Belcross is base on was the strongest Warrior in greek myth and you know he will win every fight he gets into. And it was not boring reading about his exploits when you know he will win.

Any tension in HA won't be in the fights itslef but in the political part of it and the mystery of the Gold Tribe.
Old 2007-05-01, 11:30   Link #504
Archmagination2002

jpwong is correct I made a mistake on that. I meant to say Dreadnaught class.

Its obvious that there will be battles where Age won't be able to take out the Bronze Tribe. That it will be up to him to stop the other Nodess's and the Iron Tribe will have to take on the Bronze.

I think there will be 3 main parts to this series.. 1st Part: Finding and taking Age back.. showing the power of the Tribes(including Heroic) 2nd Part: Age at the Iron Tribe planets.. I think at the end of this is when Age will lose a battle, but is saved by Ioalus(seems appropriate) 3rd Part: Age's and the Iron tribes assault on Silver/Bronze.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 12:14   Link #505
Cronium

Anyone wonder if the Twins are a homage to the twins from Irresponsible Captain Taylor?
Cronium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 12:45   Link #506
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The problem is thy've wasted 5 episodes repeating the same crap over and over. The first few eps of them beating the smeg of of the Bronze i can understand, it shows just how powerful Belcross is. However 5eps without any change is pathetic. There's no tension on ANY front. And trust me Hercules had many fights he couldnt win alone, and several he could never win. *has studied ancient mythology*.

As for the political part, i doubt it'll become a huge factor. You have to relise no power the iron tribe could make Age do what they want. If age decides he wants a lie in on sunday morning and they try and force him up, he couyld easily trounce them all WITHOUT belcross' aid.

Age has already shown that even in human form he's way over powered, he's almost god level.

It wouldnt of been so bad if they'd done something with Iolaus, but what havve they done there? The one thing they should never of done!!! (go watch ep5 raw and you'll understand)

Can the show be saved? Yes it can, if they change the pace and get some proper action. ~Either on the character front or the battle front.

As for the ship, i disagree completely. In an earlier ep it showed and entire battle fleet getting wasily trounced by the bronze. I dont think it matters how good the ship is, its not going to be much good against the bronze tribe. Thats why they needed age so badly, he's the only thing that can save them. Personally, id save Hime and te Twins and let the rest burn >.<

As for the Gold tribe, you cant really build up tenssion with them when the op of every ep is about them

I'll give this series 3 more eps to turn around and improve, if it dosent it'll be sent to the great recycle bin in the sky.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 15:13   Link #507
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
As for the ship, i disagree completely. In an earlier ep it showed and entire battle fleet getting wasily trounced by the bronze. I dont think it matters how good the ship is, its not going to be much good against the bronze tribe. Thats why they needed age so badly, he's the only thing that can save them. Personally, id save Hime and te Twins and let the rest burn >.<
Yes this is really true: the Iron Tribe sucks so much it's hard to believe they've managed to survive so far without Age. I think the best weapon of Iron Tribe is running away!
Anyway the Heroic Tribe isn't only one Tribe: each member of that Tribe has all of the strength of an entire Tribe. So five Nodosses = 5 Tribes. At this point the five Nodosses can team up and rule the entire universe enslaving all of the other tribes, Silver Tribe included because even they are pathetic compared to the power of a Nodoss. It would be much more believable than this "I fight to protect evreyone" crap.

Quote:
As for the Gold tribe, you cant really build up tenssion with them when the op of every ep is about them
What tension could there be about the Gold Tribe? They're gods so it's obvious they would own evreything on their path: too bad they're gone now.
Old 2007-05-01, 17:17   Link #508
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I was talking about Xellos saying how tension would be around the mystery of the Gold Tribe. I dont see how you can have tension when everything is being revealed in the OP sequence, and yes especially cause they're gone >.<

And thinking about it i seriously doubt that they would be brought back. I mean Belcross himself is way overpowerd for the show, can you imagin the gold tribe coming back. lol if one of them sneezed the universe would probably end heheh

If Age wanted he could probably brush all the tribes aside and become the new Gold Tribe on his own :P

On another thought, even if the Argonaut is a rescue ship alone. Would you really send such a weak ship on a rescue? I doubt it. It was obvious from the first ep they're on a long journy. So the ship would have to be fairly self sufficient, fast, and be able to take care of itself in a fight. Afterall running dosent always work, added to that its carrying a member of Royalty and the symbol of their cause (the Hime). I seriously doubt that they would send a simple 'rescue' ship with so much a stake. Most likely the Argaunaut was (at the time it left) the leading ship of the line. Probably still is, but i suppose it depends on how long they've been away
Old 2007-05-02, 00:26   Link #509
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
If Age wanted he could probably brush all the tribes aside and become the new Gold Tribe on his own :P
Not only Age, even the other four Nodosses: they can form a new Tribe, the Nodoss Tribe, and rule the entire universe. Silver and Iron Tribe are just too pathetic, let alone the Bronze.
If it wasn't for the Gold Tribe then all the other races would be enslaved at best, wiped out at worst.

Quote:
On another thought, even if the Argonaut is a rescue ship alone. Would you really send such a weak ship on a rescue? I doubt it. It was obvious from the first ep they're on a long journy. So the ship would have to be fairly self sufficient, fast, and be able to take care of itself in a fight. Afterall running dosent always work, added to that its carrying a member of Royalty and the symbol of their cause (the Hime). I seriously doubt that they would send a simple 'rescue' ship with so much a stake. Most likely the Argaunaut was (at the time it left) the leading ship of the line. Probably still is, but i suppose it depends on how long they've been away
You're right, but you're putting way too much thought into this because it's just an anime. I really think the writers didn't ever think of these considerations: they made this show for kids so that they would feel happy when they see a spaceship and a space godzilla, nothing more!
Most likely the Iron Tribe has a warp drive even more developed than the Silver's one because their only strategy is to run away!
Old 2007-05-02, 00:53   Link #510
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Thats one of the things i hate about shows like this, its so easy to figure out a general ending when the lead is uber powerful and every one else is uber weak >.<
Old 2007-05-02, 09:19   Link #511
Seska

Cause, we getting older? And we saw much animes in our Past? Yes, i know what i am talking Eyes left under my Avatar....
Old 2007-05-02, 10:12   Link #512
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Cause, we getting older? And we saw much animes in our Past? Yes, i know what i am talking Eyes left under my Avatar....
Yes it may be so but why there are anime I can't predict at all like Legend of Galactic Heros, Le Chevalier d'Eon and so on?
I don't want to make Heroic Age just an anime worth watching just to waste time... but it's going to be in that direction. Fafner was so much better so far.
Old 2007-05-02, 10:14   Link #513
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

bah, i refuse to get old. i stopped aging when i hit 25 and have refused to grow any older :P

i suppose your right, since we've seen a lot of anime it gets esaier to understand where the endings are going to go. However its because of that i keep hoping some anime company is going to throw the book in the fire and completely throw me off with regards to the ending. Throw something so totaly unexpected that it leaves you totally flumexed.

Chances of that ever happening.........0%

I've figured out most of D'Eon, wont say i know fully how its going to end, but so far its followed my predictions almost to the letter

Only 2 anime didnt follow what i thought would happen, Shuffle (i was convinced he would end up with whatshername, the girl he lived with since his folk's died). And Fate Stay Night, i wasnt sure how that was going to end to be honest, and the ending we got left me quite happy.
Old 2007-05-02, 11:09   Link #514
Seska

Quote:
bah, i refuse to get old. i stopped aging when i hit 25 and have refused to grow any older :P

i suppose your right, since we've seen a lot of anime it gets esaier to understand where the endings are going to go. However its because of that i keep hoping some anime company is going to throw the book in the fire and completely throw me off with regards to the ending. Throw something so totaly unexpected that it leaves you totally flumexed.

Chances of that ever happening.........0%
Sorry for Offtopic:

*lurk out of the shadow*

Pssst..... Only for you. No other can see this here....

I recommend Code Geass, Death note (but it's to much Mind plaything for me... Mastermind fear action)... There are the "bad" guys the heroes...

*hides in the shadow again*

And, if you stop getting Old. What will your friends say? Your Body cannot stop getting older. You should enjoy getting old. You cannot stop time.
*ack hold his fingers away from keyboard* Sorry. i got lost...
Old 2007-05-02, 11:18   Link #515
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

im not sure if i liiked or hated code gease lol

one ep i loved it, the next i hated it. Though to be honest it feels kinda empty now, making us wait months before showing the end of the series >.<
Old 2007-05-02, 11:40   Link #516
ccardoso
Banned

Taliesin perhaps I used the wrong words... regarding Chevalier D'Eon: I had suspects too, but they were more than one and only after the middle of the series I figured out who was Lia's killer with a certain degree of accuracy. Even with that the end surprised me anyway because there were events I didn't except and the final was like I thought in abstract, but quite different in the way the writers implemented it. The same consideration is for LoGH and Soukou No Strain, how could I forget this! Even if I had a general idea of how these shows would end, the implementation of it reserved lots of surprises at the end and throught the episodes. In Heroic Age...
We have these damn tribes who sucks at evreything: they're utterly useless... the Silver Tribe, let alone the Iron Tribe with Bronze Tribe present just as cannon fodder for Age. Regarding the Bronze Tribe: we've understood that they're no match for Age, so please use the future episodes for plot developments and not just for space bowling!
Xebec did Stellvia some years ago: in that show the main burden went to Shipon and Kouta, but the others helped a bit at least. Here we have only Age who does evreything, while the rest of the Iron Tribe can only say "Gambatte Age"!!!
I have a suspect too: what if the Bronze Tribe is enslaved by the Silver Tribe only thanks to the four Nodosses under their control? If that's true then the Bronze Tribe (=Zerg) are indeed the strongest (excluding the Heroic Tribe of course and the Gold Tribe who are gone).
Old 2007-05-02, 12:25   Link #517
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I wouldnt discount the Silver tribe just yet im thinking. I've got a feeling that if they get serious (and lets face it, so far everything has been a test), the Silver Tribe would easily over power the other tribes. Having th nodoss certainly helps, but i doubt thats all there is to them, after all they were the first to answer the gold tribe's call.

PS: I LOVE Soukou No Strain. Sure i'd figured everything out by the 6th ep, but i didnt care >.< awsome show and one of the few i regularly rewatch
Old 2007-05-02, 12:33   Link #518
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
I wouldnt discount the Silver tribe just yet im thinking. I've got a feeling that if they get serious (and lets face it, so far everything has been a test), the Silver Tribe would easily over power the other tribes. Having th nodoss certainly helps, but i doubt thats all there is to them, after all they were the first to answer the gold tribe's call.
The Nodosses, when they were free, roamed around the universe destroying evreything. Because of that they were punished by the Silver Tribe in dedicating their existence to help the weaker tribes: so this alone means Heroic Tribe > Silver Tribe and in fact they need the Nodosses because they're weaker. If the Silver Tribe were this powerful on their own then why did they send out a Nodoss already? Because they, without the Nodosses, are a little less pathetic than the Iron Tribe, but nothing worth of mention.

Quote:
PS: I LOVE Soukou No Strain. Sure i'd figured everything out by the 6th ep, but i didnt care >.< awsome show and one of the few i regularly rewatch
Spoiler for conclusion of Soukou no Strain:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-02 at 17:14. Reason: added spoiler tag
Old 2007-05-02, 13:49   Link #519
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Currently the silver tribe is the most advanced tribe there is. Yes the Heroic Tibe was uber, but uber is no good if your having a civil war and wiping each other out, and thats what happened. They had a civil war and wipped each other out. By the time the gold tribe stopped them there was only 5 of them left. Lets face it though, now that the gold tribe is gone, Heroic Tribe owns everything, however since they're basicly barbarians that would fight among themselves, they're useless. Without the hosts to contain and tell them what to do.

Silver tribe, from what ive seen, would be the most technologicly advanced tribe at the moment. Sure having the Nodoss boosts their fighting ability hugely, but i get the eeling that there's more to them than just the Nodoss. Or rather there HAS to be something more to them >.<

If all it turns out is its because they have the Nodoss this show will fall beyond being crap into apathy. But, that said, i get the feeling there's more to them than just Nodoss. After all the one who seems to be the big honcho ISNT a nodoss.

How about this for an ending, Age wins, kills the 4 nodoss and takes the silver home world. Obliterates the Bronze and takes their homeworld (though i have to ask myself, would you want a big at hill for a home >.<). Then kidnaps hime and the twins, instills himself as the new overlord of the universe and rules through an iorn fist with the hime and the twins as his sex slaves Now THAT would be an ending to watch lmao

Spoiler for conclusion of Soukou no Strain:

Plot line for a new series. ova there me thinks :P

Though i loved the slightly gothic clothing the 2 kids wore, not quite Rozen maiden level, but almost

PS: I vote for Iolaus to be the first good guy sacrafice

Edit: On another note, anyone know what happened to Sphere/B-I. There was a post saying ep4 was about to be released, and now nothing. Are they still going, or did they die?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-02 at 17:17. Reason: spoiler tag
Old 2007-05-02, 14:01   Link #520
Seska

Spoiler:

And in the Silver tribe, looks like all can use PSI unlike the Iron tribe. perhaps some sort of mind controlling the Nodoss hosts like the Bronze tribe?

Tags
action, science fiction