AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-15, 22:21   Link #1601
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva View Post
Actually the only thing I found incredibly unrealistic was how much Adlet was hellbent on not hurting anyone. Kick to the face doesn't count, way too little for what she has done. Other than that I am perfectly satisfied with seemingly rapid switching to the other side. It wasn't really that long, they didn't have time to convince themselves for sure, they just based everythintg on hunches.
Guess what he would say if he heard you?

It's because he's the strongest man on earth.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 22:51   Link #1602
OliverTwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Guess what he would say if he heard you?

It's because he's the strongest man on earth.

Shame someone just doesn't say "no you aren't" so I don't have to hear it every episode as he's getting his ass kicked for the 47th time.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 23:08   Link #1603
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
Shame someone just doesn't say "no you aren't" so I don't have to hear it every episode as he's getting his ass kicked for the 47th time.
Well, Chamo technically said that.
Hans calls him the biggest moron.
Fremy calls him an average man.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 23:14   Link #1604
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
A lot people do though and you should know the real reason why he says it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Well, Chamo technically said that.
Hans calls him the biggest moron.
Fremy calls him an average man.
Even Nashetania back in the earlier episodes has been like "what".
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 23:40   Link #1605
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Its too sad that the anime cut out the 7ths inner thoughts - as they also show their opinion on Adlet.

I'll try a short and spoiler free summary:
Spoiler for "A really short and spoiler free 7th thought summary:

And well Adlet has already proven that he isn't exactly weak.
Even though he was badly wounded he could have killed the other braves several times over and it even took several of them to take him down in the first place.
It took several fights and several braves consecutively attacking him over and over to get him to the point where he would collapse in that field of fiend corpses.

Adlet could have even killed Hans earlier on when he distracted him by throwing all his stuff on the ground.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 23:47   Link #1606
Iron Maw
Banned

Yeah Adlet definitely not weak. He may not special powers like the Saints or superhuman attributes like Hans and Goldof by he makes it up other ways. He's not bad fighter in general. You're average warrior couldn't have survive what he went through in one day.
Old 2015-09-16, 00:57   Link #1607
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

So Adler is an average man who, through grueling training, determination, and cleverness, is able to easily dominate his more gifted supposed peers, to the long that he could've easily killed them but chose to hold back and slide them instead.

And his love interest is a girl with emotional stunting because of family issues.

Huh. I have to thank AC-Phoenix for directing me to why I dislike Adler and Flamie so much.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-16, 01:06   Link #1608
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Even Nashetania back in the earlier episodes has been like "what".
When they were introducing themselves. Nashe let out a nervous laugh as she, herself, realize how silly it sounds.

Adlet was like that one friend you have who you don't really want to show publicly since he's somewhat making you feel ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
So Adler is an average man who, through grueling training, determination, and cleverness, is able to easily dominate his more gifted supposed peers, to the long that he could've easily killed them but chose to hold back and slide them instead.

And his love interest is a girl with emotional stunting because of family issues.

Huh. I have to thank AC-Phoenix for directing me to why I dislike Adler and Flamie so much.
So, are they siblings or not? That show was confusing me at times. I'm not really a fan of wincest.

... Nah, don't answer... no need to derail off-topic.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-16, 02:30   Link #1609
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

Not really? For example in Hans vs Adlet, Hans was clearly the better fighter in terms martial prowess, but former let his guard down a bit near the end thanks to Adlet manipulating his thoughts and in that moment Adlet could have killed him. Nothing was easy about getting to that point.

And I'm gonna just take you're board generalization of Fremy as a joke. That like's saying Onizuka from GTO and Naruto are the same because their blond and act like goofballs.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-09-16 at 05:19.
Old 2015-09-16, 06:27   Link #1610
Tenzen12

With Hanz it was gamble, but by Adlet words luck is part of being strongest man.

Problem is with every enemy his chances getting lower and lower. Especialy if other braves getting hang of his tricks.
Old 2015-09-16, 08:08   Link #1611
Irenesharda

Quote:

Wow, I don't think they are alike at all.

And the highlighted part is not really true, in an honest fight even with his tricks, Adlet would have a hard time defeating any of the other Braves. He's intelligent, resourceful, and determined, but he's not really that strong physically. He's strong for a normal guy, buy you have to understand that all the other braves are prodigies in comparison.

He only defeated Hans through a surprise tactic, Chamot, he needed someone else's help, and Maura, Nache, and Goldov, he just kept running away, he would have never come close to killing any of them. The closest one he came to almost killing was Hans, and that was a one time lucky shot, that now that he's tried it, will never work again on Hans. I love Adlet's character, and it's not because of his fighting prowess, it's because he never gives up and he'll never leave a man behind. He has an indomitable spirit and uses his intelligence and resourcefulness as a weapon. Those and the fact that he can think outside of the box is his greatest strength.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-16, 11:44   Link #1612
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Adlet isnt technically the "strongest" man/person in the world. Goldov would beat him in a physical contest, Maura probably would too given how hard she hits because of her power. The other Braves also far out class him in each of their respective strengths, however, he's incredibally versatile, thinks quicker than the others and seems to have more gadgets than Batman. While he's not the "strongest man in the world," he's certainly the most Dangerous.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-16, 16:32   Link #1613
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:

? Hans could have killed him several times. Chamo would have killed him without Hans (and almost did it even with Hans while being half serious). NAshetnaia cut it to shred opr almost, whereas he only managed to kick her in the face (and if you think he could have win by trying to kill NAshetania, that's seriously wrong). Goldof sent him flying (yes he was severely wounded , so it's not fair. But you're clamming he dominate other, he didn't against goldof, either). Mora was cornering him as well with Fremy before Fremy changed side. I don't think Adlet could win against Mora one one on one honestly.
The only one he could win against was probably Fremy, and that's the one he didn't want to win against but win her heart instead.
Adlet ran for his life most of the show, taking hostage, using smoke bombs, calltrops, precisely because that was too much for him to handle. IF you think the only reason he didn't wound them was because he didn't want to, that's seriously wrong. Most of the time, he didn't have the leisure to even try to hurt them.
Old 2015-09-16, 21:04   Link #1614
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

He could have killed the home when he pushed her back but that wasn't his intention.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-17, 02:25   Link #1615
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
He could have killed the home when he pushed her back but that wasn't his intention.
I doubt it really. He didn't have any weapon and his hands were actually errr... "occupied" at that time. I doubt he would have been able to do any decent attack able to kill her. On the contrary, she would have reacted and killed him if he remained here for too long afterwards and was trying to kill her. Also,, she could have killed him ten times when she was talking to him in the forest.
Old 2015-09-17, 04:57   Link #1616
Echizen777

Quote:

... I read both LNs and Adlet/Fremy are very different from Tatsuya/Miyuki. Also, Tatsuya has no love interest. There is not a single fight Adlet won easily against his peers, he's able to keep up with his quick wit and clever usage of his weapons, even though he trained his body, he's far below the likes of Hans and Goldof in terms of physical abilities.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-17, 05:21   Link #1617
Tenzen12

Almost dying everytime = easy domination? I am getting confused

Than again if Fremy=Tatsuya, Adlet=Myuki, it might barely work.
Old 2015-09-19, 02:21   Link #1618
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
? Hans could have killed him several times. Chamo would have killed him without Hans (and almost did it even with Hans while being half serious). NAshetnaia cut it to shred opr almost, whereas he only managed to kick her in the face (and if you think he could have win by trying to kill NAshetania, that's seriously wrong). Goldof sent him flying (yes he was severely wounded , so it's not fair. But you're clamming he dominate other, he didn't against goldof, either). Mora was cornering him as well with Fremy before Fremy changed side. I don't think Adlet could win against Mora one one on one honestly.
The only one he could win against was probably Fremy, and that's the one he didn't want to win against but win her heart instead.
Adlet ran for his life most of the show, taking hostage, using smoke bombs, calltrops, precisely because that was too much for him to handle. IF you think the only reason he didn't wound them was because he didn't want to, that's seriously wrong. Most of the time, he didn't have the leisure to even try to hurt them.
I dunno, its hard to say. It's obvious Adlet was indeed fighting for his life, and not like he was holding back(all of his tools are met for fiends anyway), but he wasn't trying to critically injure any of them. Compare that to everyone else who did all they could to take his life, and you'll see there's a difference in scale of difficulty.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 07:08   Link #1619
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
You seem to forget the part where Adlet could have killed Hans.

In all those Battle Adlet was already wounded, and it still took several of them to cooperate in order to actually defeat him.
As for hans 'half assing' - Not being serious against an enemy you should be serious against is a weakness too. Hans totally underestimated Adlet and could have paid a heavy price for it if Adlet would have actually wanted to kill him.

Which brings us to the next point regarding Adlet's performance - he didn't actually try to kill any of them. Disabling someone without killing them is a lot harder than just go full out against them and strike them down for good.

And while he is probably still the weakest of them, the one who was actually half-assing those battles was Adlet.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 10:39   Link #1620
Tenzen12

1)If Adlet were "half assing" he would be death. Same goes if he tried go into offensive. Adlet could survive ONLY because he gave his all not to fight, but run away.

2)Hans never underestimated Adlet. Reason why he didn't fought at max was because he was wary of his opponent tricks. Which is also only reason why could Adlet final move work on him.

Tags
fantasy