Ok, so what's wrong with her?
Old 2024-03-10, 22:51   Link #23
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Cute princess is cute .
Old 2024-03-29, 20:31   Link #24
Chosen_Hero

Episode 1: Oh boy, it's overly focusing on Megumin already and my enjoyment of this show keeps proportionally falling at the same time, because apparently a entire movie and a (mediocre) anime focused on her wasn't enough.

The comedy is still the saving grace of this, but this Megumin trend is getting annoying (imo) and doesn't spell anything good going forward since it echoes other bad trends in other shows that I have dropped for far less.
Old 2024-03-29, 20:53   Link #25
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Kazuma having some real bad PDSD there from Sylvia and a new cute monster girl and those idiots fall for her
Old 2024-03-29, 23:16   Link #26
Frontier

So this was a pre-air thing right? Not on Crunchyroll?
Old 2024-03-30, 03:58   Link #27
Sacredus

There seem to be pre-airs of few shows on Sakura-Con. News from CR: https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/ann...es-crunchyroll
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-10, 10:41   Link #28
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2024-04-10, 11:12   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I kind of wish they'd kept the Tranquility Girl the way it was in the LN. If I remember right...
Spoiler:

Still, I'm delighted they finally brought her in, I really liked that bit.

And I guess this's Kris's payback for all the panties she's lost over the year or so since she met him.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-10, 17:57   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I would have definitely fallen for that monster's act. She was extremely convincing and ridiculously cute.

Given how much it was featured in the trailers, I thought Kazuma quitting adventuring would turn out to be a bigger deal. It was done after just one episode. They definitely trolled us.

The mallet was one of Aqua's cheat items she gave to reincarnators since she said she felt like she had seen it before and its ability was definitely in the realm of cheating. Doubt Chris stealing it was coincidence or payback. I mean, we've all figured out she's Eris, haven't we?
Old 2024-04-10, 18:16   Link #31
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I mean, we've all figured out she's Eris, haven't we?
I feel like an absolute idiot for not having realised it until you mentioned it. Just one look at the voice acting list plus the same hair color should be enough to make it obvious but I never put 2 and 2 together. Guess I'm about as smart as Aqua
Old 2024-04-10, 18:40   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I feel like an absolute idiot for not having realised it until you mentioned it. Just one look at the voice acting list plus the same hair color should be enough to make it obvious but I never put 2 and 2 together. Guess I'm about as smart as Aqua
Don't forget the biggest hint: Eris pads her chest
Old 2024-04-10, 22:12   Link #33
Frontier

So does that mean Chris is what her chest looks like without pads ?

Wouldn't that mean Kazuma's stole a Goddess' panties ?
Old 2024-04-10, 22:17   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I remember knowing that Eris was Chris, but I couldn't remotely recall if the show had made that clear or if I just read it somewhere .

I'm guessing she took the mallet because how that obviously would have resulted in Kazuma and company just slacking off and going full sloth. I suppose on the nice side could say it was recovering an item that would throw a world's economy into pure chaos and since the person that actually owned it was dead it could legally be taken back?

Decent episode. The group are a bunch of idiots as always. I'm always back and forth on how much success I actually want Kazuma to have. I'm fine with things looking good for him and Megumin. But I'm also fine with it not being that easy so long as he's thinking in terms of his popular phase. Bit selfish of me, but I'd prefer any progress there be taken with full focus on any feelings he has for her.

Funny how they are getting so much done despite being a bunch of fools. Knocked off a few Demonic Generals at this point. For now can see how this trip to see the Princess goes. I'm sure some know with episodes leaking online (not that I saw them). But I'm sure that trip will be a total disaster. This group is hardly able to avoid getting into trouble.
Old 2024-04-10, 23:03   Link #35
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly I remember knowing that Eris was Chris, but I couldn't remotely recall if the show had made that clear or if I just read it somewhere .
They technically haven't yet, which is why Kazuma hasn't figured it out yet. The hints are obvious though.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-11, 06:30   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They technically haven't yet, which is why Kazuma hasn't figured it out yet. The hints are obvious though.
As far as I recall:

- Same voice, same hair color, same ahoge
- Aqua claiming Eris pads her chest and her reaction making it obvious she does
- Eris mentioning to Kazuma she sometimes goes to the surface world

The anime most likely makes it a lot more obvious than the LNs did. I'm surprised Kazuma hasn't figured it out, especially given how much he likes Eris. The Superman/Clark Kent effect, but with boobs instead of glasses
Aqua not figuring it out is in character.
Old 2024-04-11, 11:06   Link #37
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As far as I recall:

- Same voice, same hair color, same ahoge
- Aqua claiming Eris pads her chest and her reaction making it obvious she does
- Eris mentioning to Kazuma she sometimes goes to the surface world

The anime most likely makes it a lot more obvious than the LNs did. I'm surprised Kazuma hasn't figured it out, especially given how much he likes Eris. The Superman/Clark Kent effect, but with boobs instead of glasses
Aqua not figuring it out is in character.
One more hint is that they both have the same scar on their face (Eris covers it with a bandage).

Chris hasn't that much screentime up till this point so she most likely hasn't crossed Kazuma's mind since he already has his hands full with his own party.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-11, 12:52   Link #38
Frontier

Now that I think about it, I think Lalatina's dad mentioned in season 2 that she used to pray to Eris for a friend and eventually Chris showed up in her life.
Old 2024-04-11, 16:48   Link #39
AndrewR5D4

The fact that they're the same person is mentioned everywhere. How can anybody with internet access not have found out at some point? In-universe, you figured it'd be even more obvious. To think Kazuma was fooled by a padded chest, a haircut, and fake scar.

Was never a huge fan of Megumin. Each character has their own running gag, but her explosion obsession got old really fast. This reminds me of Toshiro Hitsugaya from the Bleach series who rose to become one of the most popular anime characters of all time despite being a relatively minor character in that series. I swear, does Japan have an obsession with shorties?

KonoSuba is such an old series that's been over for years. They should've given us a new season of Combatants Will Be Dispatched, instead. I find the author's newer work is much more amusing because pretty much every one of the major characters is a jerk, and it's fun watching how quick they are to throw each other under the bus each other at any given moment. They make Kazuma look like a gentleman.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-11, 17:21   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
The fact that they're the same person is mentioned everywhere. How can anybody with internet access not have found out at some point? In-universe, you figured it'd be even more obvious. To think Kazuma was fooled by a padded chest, a haircut, and fake scar.

Was never a huge fan of Megumin. Each character has their own running gag, but her explosion obsession got old really fast. This reminds me of Toshiro Hitsugaya from the Bleach series who rose to become one of the most popular anime characters of all time despite being a relatively minor character in that series. I swear, does Japan have an obsession with shorties?

KonoSuba is such an old series that's been over for years. They should've given us a new season of Combatants Will Be Dispatched, instead. I find the author's newer work is much more amusing because pretty much every one of the major characters is a jerk, and it's fun watching how quick they are to throw each other under the bus each other at any given moment. They make Kazuma look like a gentleman.
I think Megumin is popular because Rie Takahashi + sincere commitment to a gimmick + her relationship with Kazuma + her relationship with Yunyun.