AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-21, 02:50   Link #241
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
For a moment there I was really thinking "wow Utena is showing growth as a human being and the ability to see her reality as it is." Good amount of time spent looking at the damage to the city and feeling a level of responsibility for that. And even starting to realize that magical girls are human beings. That she went too far and Azure did have a breakdown."

And then...toss that character development into a dumpster . Maybe not all of it, but definitely toss the last part. Right back to not seeing the magical girls as flawed people that can crumble and putting unrealistic expectations on them. Oh well. I suppose if Utena was capable of that kind of self-reflection then Vena's plans would be in serious trouble. Utena might actually hesitate and hold back. Instead she can keep pushing and pushing to the breaking point because she doesn't think one exists.

On the positive side now that she's starting to assault people even without transforming she doesn't have to worry about blackmail anymore. Can get arrested without that .

I kind of wish that second meeting went on a bit longer. Since it really opened up the whole "why are we even doing this" angle of discussion. Utena has her kinks and that's fine. But what is that organization supposed to even be trying to accomplish? Well I guess "play along with Baiser's whims so she doesn't attack us instead" is valid enough .

Probably for the best to have the episode play out like this. On the magical girl side a lot of the character focus has been on Azure. Best to give Magenta a bit more focus before the season is over. Normally I'd half expect a more serious showdown to see what Azure's powerup entails, but I guess not. Maybe in the last episode?
Old 2024-03-21, 05:36   Link #242
The Green One

Honestly it's been Sulfur who has been pretty ignored for a long time.
Old 2024-03-21, 07:50   Link #243
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Honestly it's been Sulfur who has been pretty ignored for a long time.
If we get S2 she'll get a lot more focus, and depending on what gets adapted the final episode should be a treat. I really like Sulfur's seiyuu as well, she also seems to be a newcomer.
Old 2024-03-21, 07:55   Link #244
Strahan

Speaking of Korisu's toys, she's lucky Haruka was hanging out with Utena and Kiwi and not really paying much attention to the playing. Otherwise, you'd think even an airhead would notice the dinosaur and the transformation thing were the same thing the kids had, lol

Also I chuckled at

As a government employee subject to tons of pointless meetings, I really sympathize with that
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-21, 18:35   Link #245
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Speaking of Korisu's toys, she's lucky Haruka was hanging out with Utena and Kiwi and not really paying much attention to the playing. Otherwise, you'd think even an airhead would notice the dinosaur and the transformation thing were the same thing the kids had, lol
I think a lot of these kinds of coincidences get "magic'd" away from being noticed by that identity preservation magic they have.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-21, 22:53   Link #246
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I think a lot of these kinds of coincidences get "magic'd" away from being noticed by that identity preservation magic they have.
Agreed. If it was nothing more than an inability to directly look at the person and recognize them as who they really are, then they'd have been able to reason it out easily by now. Especially Utena. Let me see, do I know a trio of girls about my age, with pink, yellow and bluish hair, one proper, one cheerful and outgoing but kinda dumb, and one short-tempered with an accent? Who tend to get up and leave at random times, times that happen to coincide with Vena alerting me to Tres Magia's arrival? Oh yeah, the girls sitting two chairs down from me in class! No, this magic is definitely strong enough to force people to fail to recognize such things.

That said, it does look like direct contact might get around it, considering that Azule at least has some inkling of recognition of the feel of those fingers.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 08:46   Link #247
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 09:34   Link #248
The Green One

Looks like it's going to be a Beach Battle Royale to end things off, and Baiser gets to see Azure's new form, and is obviously excited.

Uh oh, an Octopus Tentacle Monster..... that's going to be a problem for Sulfur who hates Octopus....

Looks like it doesn't differentiate friend from foe when it comes to tentacling....

Also the return of Alice's "I'm so done with this shit." face.
Old 2024-03-25, 11:56   Link #249
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Uh oh, an Octopus Tentacle Monster..... that's going to be a problem for Sulfur who hates Octopus....
You know things are getting good when the octopus is out.
Old 2024-03-25, 13:46   Link #250
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

As a side comment, the series got a dub! but into spanish! :lol:

https://twitter.com/AxelE_11/status/1771722135574102498

https://twitter.com/wdn_es/status/1771727204864446671
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-27, 12:03   Link #251
EroKing

Episode 12

Sums up the show. 10/10 adaptation
Old 2024-03-27, 12:48   Link #252
GDB

Ended on one of the two spots I expected it to end on, so that's good. If I recall, in the manga this is actually the first time Haruka meets Korisu, but I guess it was so off-handed that it works just as well with her previous two meetings.

Wonder if this will have an OVA before season 2. I imagine it has to get a season 2 announcement soon, yeah? It's been much more popular than expected.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-27, 13:04   Link #253
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I wasn't sure what to expect when the series got announced but it definitely ended up being a 10/10 adaptation. Hopefully we get S2 sooner rather than later.
Old 2024-03-27, 13:49   Link #254
Marina2

Thank you the studio who made this anime adaptation. You are the ray of hope in the age of censorship. Please keep up your good work and bringing us more fanservice in your future project.
Old 2024-03-27, 14:52   Link #255
Rasty

They went all out on the last episode. I guess if you are gonna risk getting banned for overdoing it with iffy content you might as well do so when it no longer matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wonder if this will have an OVA before season 2. I imagine it has to get a season 2 announcement soon, yeah? It's been much more popular than expected.
Usually, OVAs tend to go heavier on the ecchi content with less censoring, etc., but I can't imagine this show doing so without simply releasing a full hentai episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I wasn't sure what to expect when the series got announced but it definitely ended up being a 10/10 adaptation. Hopefully we get S2 sooner rather than later.
In contrast to most other shows, I am not sure I even want S2 of this, and not because S1 was bad. The show was lots of fun, but it also feels like it mostly went through everything it could. Except for more Sulfur content (since she didn't get much exposure so there are areas to explore), I don't know what else new it can do. A whole new season runs a huge risk of being just a watered-down rehash of S1.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-27, 15:29   Link #256
Dop
Mmmm....

Well that was sure a thing, and I have to admit I liked it a lot more than I'd expected to.
Certainly a 'Guilty Pleasure' of the season, that I'm not going to be showing when i have friends round for anime nights.
But a lot better written than I'd expected.
I'd certainly watch a second season if they make one.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-27, 16:16   Link #257
Dextro
He Without a Title

And that's Gushing over Magical Girls over. I'm going to miss the weekly dose of degeneracy. 11/10 adaptation. I seriously hope they can announce a second season soon cause this absolutely deserves it.

And I gotta give props to the translation team cause they went above and beyond. They localised the crap out of the show but they clearly understood the assignment and the liberties taken with the script elevated the original without missing the point.

As for the final episode, just want to point out I absolutely lost it when, at a given point, the OP starts playing and then it pauses for a visual gag before continuing. I was legit crying from laughing so much.
Old 2024-03-27, 16:35   Link #258
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I hate to admit but i loved this show. it was just so much fun to watch. I wonder the endgame of this show is anymore. Does Utena really want be to evil or to satisfy her perverted side.
Old 2024-03-27, 16:49   Link #259
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
In contrast to most other shows, I am not sure I even want S2 of this, and not because S1 was bad. The show was lots of fun, but it also feels like it mostly went through everything it could. Except for more Sulfur content (since she didn't get much exposure so there are areas to explore), I don't know what else new it can do. A whole new season runs a huge risk of being just a watered-down rehash of S1.
I mean... there's literally an hotel under construction at Nacht base and the series just introduced powered up forms of which only one character has gotten. This episode ended on ch 24 and the manga is up to 58 so there's definitely content for S2 as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Certainly a 'Guilty Pleasure' of the season, that I'm not going to be showing when i have friends round for anime nights.
Sharing is caring though... I definitely got a few people on EroKing's Discord reading the manga a couple of years back. Though I'm probably desensitized to degeneracy in general.
Old 2024-03-27, 18:57   Link #260
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Azure's new form basically weaponizes her masochism. It's also interesting she's realized that Baiser's attacks are full of love, so this really ended up being two perverts going at it.

Disappointed the hotel wasn't build on time for the end of the season.

It was a very entertaining show. I don't know about this being a perfect adaptation given that the manga has pretty great art based on what I've seen, while the anime's actual animation was really iffy most of the time. BUT, the anime added nipples so it gets an extra point.

Tags
magical girls, yuri