AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 00:58   Link #141
Katapan
俺様祭り

Interesting. If they're going to have fast pacing and make Balbaad the focus, it definitely seems to be pointing towards 2 cours. On the other hand, the part about Ohtaka taking part in the production and supervising some changes has me hopeful that they'll rework on the introduction a bit to give a better hook to the story. I hope they don't breeze through all the early chapters, though, and still take their time to show us labyrinth eyecandy!
Old 2012-07-06, 01:12   Link #142
MAX_COLA_POWER!

WHOO! I love that balbadd arc, and the gathering of the eight generals, I can't wait to see if they'll have animé-made origin stories.
Old 2012-07-06, 03:03   Link #143
Kakkou
Tch.

Good, very good! I love the Balbaad arc and hearing that Ohtaka will be helping the anime staff really makes me look forward to the anime even more.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 04:34   Link #144
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Here are some pictures of Magi posters in various anime magazines this month, taken from around the net.

Otomedia:

Otona Animedia:

Animedia:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 04:38   Link #145
Kakkou
Tch.

Dammit, I already swore to myself I'd stop buying magazines for the next few months! Must.. resist...
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 04:56   Link #146
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Yeah, Alibaba just screaming "Mamoru Miyano" now in its design
Old 2012-07-06, 05:56   Link #147
OPN

Hmmm so the R.OD director? Well it could work plus i heard kokoro library was really good so i guess it can work. I really hope they don't breeze through the chapters i really liked the early ones. I'm disappointed at the fact it might only be 2 cours but at least a-1 wont pull a blue exorcist with magi. Also those posters look really great!
edit: I'm confused did you mean in the director selection tomonori ochikoshi was mention or is he the producer for magi?
Old 2012-07-06, 06:02   Link #148
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Hmmm so the R.OD director? Well it could work plus i heard kokoro library was really good so i guess it can work. I really hope they don't breeze through the chapters i really liked the early ones. I'm disappointed at the fact it might only be 2 cours but at least a-1 wont pull a blue exorcist with magi. Also those posters look really great!
edit: I'm confused did you mean in the director selection tomonori ochikoshi was mention or is he the producer for magi?
Tomonori Ochikoshi is one of the Aniplex producers (there were 4 of them talking about Magi in the article), and he was the one who mentioned that the directed was chosen for his ability to handle drama.
Old 2012-07-06, 06:04   Link #149
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Tomonori Ochikoshi is one of the Aniplex producers (there were 4 of them talking about Magi in the article), and he was the one who mentioned that the directed was chosen for his ability to handle drama.
Ah okay i was just kinda confused there so thanks for clearing it up . Man i can't wait for the staff list to come out...
Old 2012-07-06, 06:39   Link #150
Jetzero Infinity

So most likely 2 cours eh? Kinda dissappointing but I guess it will be fine so long as they try to go for another season later down the line.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 09:43   Link #151
tsunade666

WHERE IS MOR!!! I've been waiting for her!

If its most likely 2 cours then I would expect it to probably deal with Alibaba's problem as an ending.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:28   Link #152
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Aniplex is really trying to keep the main staff under wraps until they announce it. All the Magi anime illustrations in the anime magazines this month are credited to "A-1 Pictures" instead of a person (who would probably be the character designer). Lol.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:38   Link #153
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Aniplex is really trying to keep the main staff under wraps until they announce it. All the Magi anime illustrations in the anime magazines this month are credited to "A-1 Pictures" instead of a person (who would probably be the character designer). Lol.
My guess would be is that their trying to hide the character designers name since its a very big name and want to save it till the release date draws closer to increase hype. Any rumors who it might possibly be?
Old 2012-07-06, 12:52   Link #154
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
My guess would be is that their trying to hide the character designers name since its a very big name and want to save it till the release date draws closer to increase hype. Any rumors who it might possibly be?
Atsushi Nishigori anyone ? He fits the character design style to this show perfectly.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 13:10   Link #155
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Atsushi Nishigori anyone ? He fits the character design style to this show perfectly.
*Checks ANN's database*
Wait we might actually get the GL guy!? And yep it looks exactly like him infact i was joking last night with a friend it was him... .
Old 2012-07-06, 14:12   Link #156
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I was actually discussing this with 7th the other day on another forum. He's a huge fan of Nishigori, so I was wondering if he also thought that it could be him. He said the overall art and hands do look similar, but the faces don't seem to match his style exactly. It could either be a case of him staying close to the original designs when adapting them, or maybe it's one of the animation directors who worked with him on Idolmaster and the overall style rubbed off.
Old 2012-07-06, 14:45   Link #157
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Don't know about Aladdin or Morgiana but I think Mamoru Miyano would be perfect for Alibaba. Just my opinion.
OMG THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS
I was going to say that xD
Whenever I see Alibaba in the manga I imagine Mamoru being his seiyuu xD
Gosh that would be perfect xD
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 02:14   Link #158
Pacify

Nice to see they focusing on the best arc, the series definitely dropped off after the baldaad arc
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 04:51   Link #159
OPN

Theres going to be six pages devoted entirely to the anime in next weeks shonen sunday. I assume we will be finding out the main seiyuu cast and get a glimpse at the character sketches and designs.
edit: Correction its in this weeks SS so we should find out before wednesday

Last edited by OPN; 2012-07-07 at 13:29.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 08:28   Link #160
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Oh shit, really? That sounds exciting.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen