AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-04-28, 05:57   Link #121
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
There is no actual romance in this story other than ephemeral laughs and one sided impressions. The rest is shipping and fanfic material.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 06:36   Link #122
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
I sure as hell hope she's not the next nakama, I don't think she would fit in. But considering her lovesickness killing her if she's separated from Luffy, it might be her. But I still hope it isn't her. And besides, what would happen to Amazon Lily if she joined them? That would be the same as revoking her Shichibukai status (if it hasn't already been) and the marines would go all blazing hell on it.

And while I agree the relationship between Hancock and Luffy can hardly be called "romance", I do find it amusing but also extremely annoying. I don't feel like seeing Hancock going crazy every page in every chapter as soon as Luffy talks to her or having delusional thoughts about him constantly; it's gotten old. At least to me.

Just my opinion.
Yeah! Hammock is getting quite annoying... Maybe she will die from the love sickness and then she wont be the next nakama
--
Other than that I think Luffy don't have the time nor the "feelings " to have a romantic relationship... maybe after he becomes the pirate king...
(altho it would be funny to see that stuff)
kirby sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 03:21   Link #123
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby sama View Post
Yeah! Hammock is getting quite annoying... Maybe she will die from the love sickness and then she wont be the next nakama
--
Other than that I think Luffy don't have the time nor the "feelings " to have a romantic relationship... maybe after he becomes the pirate king...
(altho it would be funny to see that stuff)
One thing I noticed was even though Boa was in love with Luffy. Her personality really didn't change that much. When she arrived on the island the first time she kicked the two animals. When she was leaving with Luffy. She did the exact same thing.
Her feelings are pretty much entirely one sided. Everything she has seen as a romantic is completely innocent. He just says "Thank you" and she thought it was "I Love you.". I seriously doubt Boa will actually die from this. I know he's finally killed some characters, but I don't think that will happen.

I found it interesting that in the past that Luffy has reacted to Nami's body, i.e. Bon Clay showing her breasts off and the Happiness Punch moment. I believe even Oda was asked about this is one of the SBS segments. He called it a healthy reaction.
Yet, when he saw Boa nude Luffy had zero reaction each time.
Old 2010-04-29, 08:22   Link #124
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I found it interesting that in the past that Luffy has reacted to Nami's body, i.e. Bon Clay showing her breasts off and the Happiness Punch moment. I believe even Oda was asked about this is one of the SBS segments. He called it a healthy reaction.
Yeah i agree. It is quite interesting that Luffy reacted to Nami but not Hancock... i wonder why Baybe he just isn't interested in Boa. Thats it
kirby sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 11:01   Link #125
Kallen4life

Usopp reacted nicely to Nami in Thriller Bark's bath, despite seemingly having a thing for Kaya

it must be something about Nami :O
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 18:01   Link #126
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby sama View Post
Yeah i agree. It is quite interesting that Luffy reacted to Nami but not Hancock... i wonder why Baybe he just isn't interested in Boa. Thats it
That's something that's been asked Oda a lot and that he addressed in a sbs. Here's the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oda in SBS
D: Oda sensei, During Vol 53 Ch 518, When luffy was hit by the mero mero beam, it totally had no effect on him, but during Ch 213, We can see that he has a reaction to Nami's "happiness punch" Why doesn't he have a reaction to hancock like he did with Nami .... his Nami's naked body that powerful O.O

O: You people only know how to look at all these little details, many people have asked the same question. Please put more effort in your Studies instead of putting it all in the Manga

OK let talk about it I'm a professional Mangaka, I noticed it as I was the one that drew it, but if i made luffy have a Nosebleed when he saw Hancock naked in the bath I'm sure many people would be surprised and be like "Why is luffy so out of character" and "Who is this Lecherous kid that not are luffy"

The luffy that had a nosebleed to Nami appear twice once in vol 18 and again in vol 23 and the person next to him on both times is Ussop that Suspicious guy ...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that when luffy is alone he will act in character and even thou he he saw Hancock naked he was interested but was not Seduced

but when with Ussop who is the same age he will act like a kid who's gone on a school vacation and will show all his bad habits

yes the reason i didn't draw luffy having a nosebleed in the chapter bath time is cause it would of be unnatural and Ussop wasn't there to be a bad influence

Therefore the reason that luffy had nosebleeds to Nami is cause Ussop was with him every time and is the main culprit to this misunderstanding
So Luffy x Hancock could still easely happen like Goku x Chichi if Oda wants it. Though, if Luffy will ever notice Hancock's romantic feelings for him it will be near the end to make sure that his pirate king blood will live on like Roger. Till then Hancock's love will always remain a gag if she does become the next nakama.
Old 2010-04-29, 18:20   Link #127
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
One thing I noticed was even though Boa was in love with Luffy. Her personality really didn't change that much.
Did anyone's for any given reason? This is shounen; don't miss to notice the obvious.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 20:14   Link #128
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
The pairings I suggest you get used used to*:

*Note: I may be suggesting them because of the colors they represent (i.e.: Luffy-Red, Nami-Orange, Usopp-Yellow, Zoro-Green, Franky-Cyan, Sanji-Blue, Robin-Purple, Chopper-Pink, Brook-Gray=Black+White) and other times I'm suggesting them because of their feelings.

Luffy x Nami- Red and Orange are compatible in the rainbow lineup; makes vermillion
Usopp x Kaya- Kaya has enjoyed Usopp's company
Zoro x Tashigi- For some reason Zoro sees how similar she is to his friend Kuina
Franky x ?- nothing yet
Sanji x Robin- Blue and Purple are compatible in the rainbow lineup; makes violet
Chopper x ?- nothing yet
Brook x ?- nothing yet

Pairings I suggest you avoid:

Nami x Zoro- Zoro is to Nami like Rorschach is to the second Silk Spectre
Nami x Usopp- Even though orange and yellow are compatible in the rainbow lineup (makes marigold), relation wise they're more like brother and sister
Nami x Sanji- Sanji is a hopeless romantic with Nami; also orange and blue are not compatible in the rainbow lineup (makes brown)
Luffy x Robin- even though red and purple can be compatible (makes magenta), there is no solid proof of romance relations
Robin x Franky- even though Franky was an altruist to Robin, there is no solid proof of romance relations
Zoro x Perona- Perona is only a tag along to Zoro at this time
Luffy x Boa Hancock- Boa Hancock may have had a rough past to which Luffy can understand, but she seems like the type of woman looking for love in all the wrong places (her Devil Fruit powers being one of them) < "I don't trust her."
lol, Rainbowman.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 16:23   Link #129
ace_kun

luffy and nami.....[IMG
]http://th03.deviantart.net/fs49/300W/i/2009/192/2/3/Ace_and_luffy_no_regrets_by_voodoodollmaster.png[/IMG]
ace_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 02:32   Link #130
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
And besides, what would happen to Amazon Lily if she joined them? That would be the same as revoking her Shichibukai status (if it hasn't already been) and the marines would go all blazing hell on it.
Whenever I see this argument it makes me laugh silly.

Because it has been explicity shown many times that she doesnt care about that.

Remember what was her reaction when marinnes came and told her to go and that if she would not her tittle will be taken from her, and she said that she does not care and clearly had no intention on going with marinnes and keeping her tittle. So why do you think it would matter now?
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 05:28   Link #131
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
One thing I noticed was even though Boa was in love with Luffy. Her personality really didn't change that much. When she arrived on the island the first time she kicked the two animals. When she was leaving with Luffy. She did the exact same thing.
Her feelings are pretty much entirely one sided. Everything she has seen as a romantic is completely innocent. He just says "Thank you" and she thought it was "I Love you.". I seriously doubt Boa will actually die from this. I know he's finally killed some characters, but I don't think that will happen.

She's mean and catty. Could be material for gags if she ever joins the crew. Being mean at first with the entire crew except for Luffy.

She could:
- Abuse chopper. Threaten to feed him to her pet snake. Squish him.
- get into catty arguments with the other 2 girls.
- boss everyone around
- boss Luffy around the most

until... she warms up to everyone.

the crew ould respond to her:
- chopper would react with fear and cry at her sight
- nami would scowl at her
- robin would try to be nice but end up burned
- Sanji would not be attracted to her for some odd reason
- Zoro would avoid her, make up excuses
- Brook would try to grope her but end up knocked out
- Franky would be overly polite and avoid her like Zoro

I think Boa is a good candidate for becoming the Chichi for the series, a Chichi that' will be a little more involved with the plot.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 05:10   Link #132
janipani

Her story was also introduced to us before Luffy's story that's on now..

Luffy's complete crew would be: Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usop, Sanji, Vivi, Robin, Chopper, Franky, Brooks and Boa

Well that was just an idea.. not that I believe in it

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 02:51   Link #133
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Look no further than the following images to illustrate just how "deeply seated" romance is in the story and how fans have made "persuasive arguments" in their favour.
Spoiler for heh:

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2010-06-01 at 03:28.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 13:10   Link #134
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Be careful. Rainbowman is going to get upset .
Old 2010-06-01, 14:47   Link #135
ralvesx7

Romance in One Piece

Hi guys can you please tell which episode you are talking about. I think I have missed this episode.
ralvesx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 16:28   Link #136
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Look no further than the following images to illustrate just how "deeply seated" romance is in the story and how fans have made "persuasive arguments" in their favour.
Spoiler for heh:
AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh how this made me chuckle

not to mention the necklace Nami wears when she's got the wedding dress on in the Thriller Bark arc is just like Zoro's Earring
Old 2010-06-02, 13:48   Link #137
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Spoiler for heh:
Here are your flaws that I see:

Crocodiles: Zoro was seeing how greedy the orange crocodile is going after Usopp's clothes and Zoro hates Nami for making him pay money to her (including tax). The green crocodile was thinking how much an idiot Sanji is to be washing Nami's clothes to get romance with her. If anyone asks why the pink crocodile (the color that Chopper represents) is in love with Robin, it's probably because of her kindness to it which is coincidential. (NOTE: Chopper mentioned in the Thriller Bark arc that human females do not interest him, instead he dreams of meeting a female reindeer. Keep that in mind.) As for Nami, she was holding (Big surprise coming) LUFFY'S RED VEST.

Summertime: Zoro was disgusted at seeing Nami's picture proving he is not a pervert. Zoro hasn't had feelings of romance in the series so far. Besides that, Nami could have been looking at Luffy or Usopp (Luffy mostly) both of which are having a good time. Also Nami was wearing Luffy's hat.

Where ever: You're thinking Spanish when this series is actually Japanese, therefore that fox is certainly NOT Zoro. If you knew your Spanish, you would know that the spanish translation for fox is spelled Z-O-R-R-O. There are two r's in that word wheras the character in this series (Z-O-R-O) is spelled with only one r, and that's not counting his first name Roranoa.

Lost Child: When the words on the rhino's horn were saying "Lost Child", it was referring to Nami who might be using this as a scheme for wealth and fortune.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2010-06-02 at 14:23.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 18:32   Link #138
Sir-Nemesis

Mr Buggy x The Goat of Sengoku
Old 2010-06-05, 23:50   Link #139
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I was noticing something recently while rewatching the Sabaody Archipelago arc. Nami has often had some Luffy-esque reactions at times.

When Luffy first met Coby and he freaked out. Luffy hit him saying he did it, "Just because.".
When Nami saw Luffy had a Log Pose. Nami hit him. She said it was, "Just because.".

When Luffy was describing a merman he made an awkward drawing.
When Nami was trying to describe the lion with a man's face on Thriller Bark. She made an awkward drawing.

When the crew was on the run after Luffy decked Charloss and knew an admiral and Marine warship was on the way.
Luffy wanted to go hide at the amusement park.
Nami wanted to go hide at the shopping mall.

Boa is too easy on Luffy. She would do whatever he wanted and just call it cute.

I think if the crew gets any new member. It wont be until they are on the other side of the Grand Line. Someone who was born there. Robin was always the one who knew all about the Grand Line, but she didn't even know about the coatings or how to get to Fishaman Island.
Still, this someone needs a job on the crew. Luffy is captain, Zoro is first mate, Nami is navigator, Usopp is markman, Sanji is cook, Chopper is doctor, Robin is archeologist, Franky is shipwright, and Brook is musician. What other job is there?

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2010-06-14 at 05:42.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 19:40   Link #140
Jaieni

Quote:
I was noticing something recently while rewatching the Sabaody Archipelago arc. Nami has often had some Luffy-esque reactions at times.

When Luffy first met Coby and he freaked out. Luffy hit him saying he did it, "Just because.".
When Nami saw Luffy had a Log Pose. Nami hit him. She said it was, "Just because.".

When Luffy was describing a merman he made an awkward drawing.
When Nami was trying to describe the lion with a man's face on Thriller Bark. She made an awkward drawing.

When the crew was on the run after Luffy decked Charloss and knew an admiral and Marine warship was on the way.
Luffy wanted to go hide at the amusement park.
Nami wanted to go hide at the shopping mall.

Boa is too easy on Luffy. She would do whatever he wanted and just call it cute.

I think if the crew gets any mew member. It wont be until they are on the other side of the Grand Line. Someone who was born there. Robin was always the one who knew all about the Grand Line, but she didn't even know about the coatings or how to get to Fishaman Island.
Still, this someone needs a job on the crew. Luffy is captain, Zoro is first mate, Nami is navigator, Usopp is markman, Sanji is cook, Chopper is doctor, Robin is archeologist, Franky is shipwright, and Brook is musician. What other job is there?
The next crew member would be a magician!
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote