Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-19, 03:44   Link #2981
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't have the time or patience to reply to everything in your post, but I'll answer one of your questions about Archer.

I thought it was pretty clear that Archer's life as a counter guardian turned him against his ideals... But anyhow. He kept being summoned into hell, having to destroy many humans to prevent humans from destroying themselves. All he was able to see in his life was the ugliest parts of human beings, and he started to hate the very people he originally wanted to save.
I got that. It's just that Archer stated that he only got the 'knowledge' of what happened to him everytime he was summoned as a Counter Force. As if it was like reading a book. This makes it sound as if he was actually there and experienced it himself.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 08:44   Link #2982
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I got that. It's just that Archer stated that he only got the 'knowledge' of what happened to him everytime he was summoned as a Counter Force. As if it was like reading a book. This makes it sound as if he was actually there and experienced it himself.
Actually, the 'book' approach might be worse, in some ways. I mean, with his personality, if he actually 'remembered' it, he could tell himself 'Yes, I killed a thousand people, but I was resisting every step of the way. I only did it because I couldn't control myself'. This way, it's like he can't even try to fight back or spare anyone; he's just a weapon slaughtering anyone inconvenient and only finding out about it after the fact, which is exactly what he doesn't want to be.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 08:54   Link #2983
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Hmmm, maybe that's true but I'd think it's hard to simply believe that you're killing thousands of people by just being told it. And Archer himself says that is all a jumble when it happenes so he can't really process it all. He shouldn't be able to make sense of it and have it affect his ideals so deeply. Anyway, I went through UBW again and got the Good End (which i only just realised existed).

Spoiler for space:
Old 2010-09-19, 09:01   Link #2984
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe that's true but I'd think it's hard to simply believe that you're killing thousands of people by just being told it. And Archer himself says that is all a jumble when it happenes so he can't really process it all. He shouldn't be able to make sense of it and have it affect his ideals so deeply.
Well, it's not like he's reading it on the news. Presumably it's easier to accept when Alaya is beaming the knowledge right into your brain. And even if he can't get all the details, he's getting enough to know that his dream of being a hero forever has basically turned him into a dimensional hitman responsible for mass slaughter on a routine basis.

Quote:
Anyway, I went through UBW again and got the Good End (which i only just realised existed).

Spoiler for space:
And that's why it's the 'Good' End

Last edited by Moczo; 2010-09-19 at 10:03.
Old 2010-09-19, 10:03   Link #2985
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Well, it's more like going to sleep and waking up every time to find out you killed a whole bunch of people.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 20:42   Link #2986
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Anyway, I went through UBW again and got the Good End (which i only just realised existed).

Spoiler for space:
Yes, it is win. And in the event Rin isn't there and Saber needs some mana...zinger!

But boy did you have a lot to say. I do see where you are coming from, but there was so much awesomeness I didn't really pay attention to that stuff.

I look forward to what you have to say about HF...
Old 2010-09-21, 20:47   Link #2987
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes, it is win. And in the event Rin isn't there and Saber needs some mana...zinger!
You just know that over time, Rin's going to find a way of getting Saber involved in the, ahem, mana sharing. She wouldn't be able to resist the temptation.
Old 2010-09-21, 20:53   Link #2988
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
You just know that over time, Rin's going to find a way of getting Saber involved in the, ahem, mana sharing. She wouldn't be able to resist the temptation.
Over time? I thought it was a given that she was nailing Saber like a master carpenter from day one of the new 'Rin Tohsaka Harem Plan'
Old 2010-09-21, 21:10   Link #2989
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Over time? I thought it was a given that she was nailing Saber like a master carpenter from day one of the new 'Rin Tohsaka Harem Plan'
I doubt it, TBH. Whilst Rin would probably be up for it, I can't imagine her actually admitting that, and I certainly can't imagine Saber being overly keen on the idea. Whilst it could definitely happen eventually, I don't think it'll happen straight away. In fact, I would imagine that Shirou and Rin won't be having sex again for some while after their last experience....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 21:19   Link #2990
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Well, I was thinking she'd have to at least warm her up to it first before moving on to that stage of the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
In fact, I would imagine that Shirou and Rin won't be having sex again for some while after their last experience....
Really? I don't think so, honestly. If anything, I'd say the scene in UBW was probably the closest to how it actually feels to have sex for the first time; it's awkward and weird. Besides, while Rin complained to Shirou after, she didn't seem like she'd hated the experience. I doubt they'd wait long before trying again, if only so Rin can "practice" and "teach" Shirou to be better.

Spoiler for UBW True:
Old 2010-09-21, 21:25   Link #2991
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
If anything, I'd say the scene in UBW was probably the closest to how it actually feels to have sex for the first time; it's awkward and weird.
Perhaps, but nevertheless it seems like it would put Rin off, and she doesn't seem to like the idea anyway (and, thus, would probably take some convincing before she agreed to have sex with Shirou again). Not necessarily because she doesn't want it, but because she's actually rather conservative in that respect.

Quote:
Unless you're going by UBW True
I think that we're supposed to assume that the events of the UBW True epilogue also happen in UBW Good, because they're not mutually incompatible.
Old 2010-09-21, 21:38   Link #2992
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I think that we're supposed to assume that the events of the UBW True epilogue also happen in UBW Good, because they're not mutually incompatible.

Honestly, I thought Rin would be more open to the idea of sex with Saber sticking around. A third person would certainly spice up the night life, that's for sure!

*shot*
Old 2010-09-22, 03:42   Link #2993
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
And remember, Rin is into "that kinda thing".
Old 2010-09-22, 07:05   Link #2994
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I was just about to say that!

But I think it would take Shirou a long time to figure something like this out. He can be a real block of wood sometimes.
Old 2010-09-22, 07:44   Link #2995
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Yeah, but I get the distinct impression that Saber isn't (although, given that she lived as a man in her life and had her own wife, she is likely at least willing to sleep with a girl). Also, whilst Rin is blatently bisexual (hell, it seems to run in the family, too, given some of what Sakura says/thinks in HF), she doesn't seem to realise it, except in Fate. So, I'd imagine that it would take them some while to get to the point where Rin realised that she wanted to add Saber into their sex sessions and, then, to get Saber (and, indeed, Shirou) to agree to it.
Old 2010-09-22, 11:40   Link #2996
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Damn, I used to have a really funny comic showing that on me terrabyte, so I'd post it if it wasn't stolen.
Old 2010-09-22, 17:21   Link #2997
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, but I get the distinct impression that Saber isn't (although, given that she lived as a man in her life and had her own wife, she is likely at least willing to sleep with a girl). Also, whilst Rin is blatently bisexual (hell, it seems to run in the family, too, given some of what Sakura says/thinks in HF), she doesn't seem to realise it, except in Fate. So, I'd imagine that it would take them some while to get to the point where Rin realised that she wanted to add Saber into their sex sessions and, then, to get Saber (and, indeed, Shirou) to agree to it.
Honestly, with Saber I always got the impression (at least in Fate, and possibly in UBW since she does have a bond with Rin) that with Rin it was always more of a "If it's you, it's okay" situation than being openly bisexual, which would really fit her character when you think about it. And really, I can't see Rin having a hard time convincing Saber and Shirou of it; she could start out by proposing that they at least get used to being together in the event she isn't around and Saber needs her mana recharged, then build up from there.
Old 2010-09-22, 18:08   Link #2998
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Honestly, with Saber I always got the impression (at least in Fate, and possibly in UBW since she does have a bond with Rin) that with Rin it was always more of a "If it's you, it's okay" situation than being openly bisexual, which would really fit her character when you think about it.
Well, she also states that she finds Rider attractive at the end of HF, and her relationship with Ayako has some sexual undertones too (in particular, their bet that the one who gets a 'partner' has to do whatever the other one wants). But, no, she's definitely not openly bisexual, although likely more because she doesn't want to be thought of that way than because she's not attracted to girls.

Quote:
And really, I can't see Rin having a hard time convincing Saber and Shirou of it; she could start out by proposing that they at least get used to being together in the event she isn't around and Saber needs her mana recharged, then build up from there.
Well, first she has to convince herself, and that alone will likely take some time. And, you're underestimating Shirou's block-headedness here.... Saber's too, for that matter.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:42   Link #2999
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Yeah, there is a good amount of denseness with Saber and Shirou.

Spoiler for Oh boy...:

So yeah, I don't see regular steamy nightcap for these three for a while.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 10:04   Link #3000
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Dear God these Bad Endings are loooooooong. I was actually finally relieved when Ilya killed me.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel