AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-09-11, 20:16   Link #341
Key Board
Carbon

I think calling him beta is an mislabel

He was a defeatist that always yields to others. He wants to stay out of conflict even if it means losing. Even Shoko points this out.
He ran away from home once. He follows Shoko's lead like a chick dependent on a hen. (more pronounced in the novels)
And Kibukawa implies that his parent is the shady scientist kind. Implication: bad parent
Thus, taking all of these into consideration, my theory is he was a neglected child and Shoko filled in that gap.

Quote:
Distancing himself from Shoko shouldn't mean that he has to isolate himself. His friends are there with him in case he ever needs some emotional support.
Also, just because Saki is there doesn't mean her role should be as a love-interest. She can also be there as a friend/pseudo-family member.
he already feels distanced from normal humans. That's his dilemma. He really hasn't talked to anyone about it either. The closest we have is Haruto telling Saki about his seizure fears. And that's my point. I think he has a lot of this bottled up with no where to vent. And I don't think he's going to vent it out on Shoko.

Quote:
I don't get how Haruto is a better match for Saki to talk about loneliness or be friends with. Kyuuma/Thunder haven't even been given that chance to talk with her, so we don't know how they would interact. What's wrong with Saki talking to other characters? So far her character has only been revolving around Haruto, so interaction with others would be nice. How would she react to them and so on.
You probably noticed that she's picky about her company. She liked Aina, but Aina died before they could become real friends. She seems indifferent towards Kyuuma, and she thinks Thunder is an idiot. Haruto is a sweet spot. And as I mentioned, I think this is because she can sense the inherent loneliness in him and relate to that.

Quote:
I'm not sure about the bodyjacking thing, since it's never really been alluded to since episode 6. If she said something along the lines of "when I was in your body, I noticed that/etc."
Well.. Haruto didn't say "btw, you cried like a baby when I saw this picture while in you" to L-Elf either, did he?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 20:17   Link #342
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

After what happened in ep 10, Saki x L-elf is near next to impossible. There just no way Saki and L-elf can end up happily when the rape is brought up and even if they do end up together can you imagine what will L-elf do to Haruto when he find out about what he did to her?

Edit: better stop now or the mods is coming if we keep going off topic

Old 2013-09-11, 20:26   Link #343
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

He was a defeatist that always yields to others. He wants to stay out of conflict even if it means losing. Even Shoko points this out.

He ran away from home once. He follows Shoko's lead like a chick dependent on a hen. (more pronounced in the novels)

And Kibukawa implies that his parent is the shady scientist kind. Implication: bad parent

Thus, taking all of these into consideration, my theory is he was a neglected child and Shoko filled in that gap.
I never said he was beta...
That's the reason why I said he was weak: he practically just lets other decide what he should do. Yeah, I know that Shoko mentions this, before & after the confrontation with L-elf.

He loves Shoko, so of course he's going to agree with things on her. I do agree, however, that he's too dependent on her.

Shoko's dad was also involved with the VVV project (I think in charge?), and yet she turned out differently. We don't know anything about Tokishima-sensei, for all we know it could be that Haruto's a time-traveler that came from the future with the information about the VVV technology & introduced it to this time in order to prevent the 3rd Galactic Reich. Things still went wrong, so he decided to try again, but this time got amnesia and forgot the whole mission. Yeah, we don't even know if it was his dad/mom & their involvement. Considering that both Shoko & Haruto's families were involved with the project, and they spent most of their time together, you would think they would be more similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
After what happened in ep 10, Saki x L-elf is near next to impossible. There just no way Saki and L-elf can end up happily when the rape is brought up and even if they do end up together can you imagine what will L-elf do to Haruto when he find out about what he did to her?

Edit: better stop now or the mods is coming if we keep going off topic
The whole rape issue could be excused (in the VVV world) with the whole kamitsuki thing. I find it rather funny that people (even in 2ch) are now opening up to the possibility of EruSaki. They haven't even interacted & some people are now like Eru/Saki route unlocked!"

Sorry, I'll stop.
c0de_da1sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 20:29   Link #344
Key Board
Carbon

I'm actually looking forward to see how Shoko reacts to this whole VVV project thing

Even if this for self defense purposes, a lot of this seems morally questionable

Will she forgive her father? or will this be one more mark in her "adult's suck" list
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-09-11, 20:34   Link #345
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0de_da1sy View Post

The whole rape issue could be excused (in the VVV world) with the whole kamitsuki thing. I find it rather funny that people (even in 2ch) are now opening up to the possibility of EruSaki. They haven't even interacted & some people are now like Eru/Saki route unlocked!"

Sorry, I'll stop.
I've been lurking on 2ch Valvrave threads, so I'll let you know that VVV character threads have disnifo agents intentionally saying these things to stir havoc.

Also avoid the main Siberia thread. Too much shitposting.
Old 2013-09-11, 20:38   Link #346
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
I've been lurking on 2ch Valvrave threads, so I'll let you know that VVV character threads have disnifo agents intentionally saying these things to stir havoc.

Also avoid the main Siberia thread. Too much shitposting.
Oh, I know, but when so many people start saying it & others continue (in order to troll), it just makes others go like "well, maybe it is possible now...". Like when you hear something so much, you just start thinking it's true.

In order to stay on topic:
c0de_da1sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 05:04   Link #347
Chibikiwi

Quote:

I've been wondering now that you mentioned the light novel, but does it give more background info on the characters or is it the same as the anime?
Chibikiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 10:34   Link #348
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:

stolen from the internet

Spoiler:

nothing significant yet. If you want background info the character manga (A-Drei, Saki) is a better source
Old 2013-09-12, 12:39   Link #349
zztop

Spoiler:

nothing significant yet. If you want background info the character manga (A-Drei, Saki) is a better source.

Apart from what has been posted on Animesuki,
Can anyone share with us any further spoilers re Saki and A-Drei in the mangas?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 14:59   Link #350
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Apart from what has been posted on Animesuki,
Can anyone share with us any further spoilers re Saki and A-Drei in the mangas?
Sorry, but could you please do it in another thread? At this point we're getting three or four text posts to every one post with images.
Old 2013-09-12, 21:29   Link #351
Chibikiwi

Found these on the website, they are stickers? and thanks for answering my question Key Board!

Last edited by Chibikiwi; 2013-09-13 at 01:59.
Chibikiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 10:13   Link #352
kiak666

kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 10:39   Link #353
Frontier

So both of Valvrave I's arms get an upgrade? Can't wait to see what it's capable of now.

Though with the upgrade, it actually looks pretty sinister in that pic... which is somewhat fitting.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 10:58   Link #354
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I made this
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
It proved quite popular on /m/. I also found this at DA.
Images
00 Raiser would win hands down though.

Kiak by any chance is that an official picture?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 11:01   Link #355
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I made this
Images
It proved quite popular on /m/. I also found this at DA.
Images
00 Raiser would win hands down though.

Kiak by any chance is that an official picture?
Yep, in fact it's from the official website.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 11:12   Link #356
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I see. Those claws kind of remind me of Genesic GaoGaiGar (I thought this would be a hybrid robot series, now we're going super robot? Neat!).
Old 2013-09-13, 11:50   Link #357
Fjoergyn

Shoko does not appear in the new promo, this is worrying. And because there are secondary characters xD
Fjoergyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 12:31   Link #358
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

She appears in scans, it is Rion we need to worry about at this point.
Old 2013-09-13, 12:52   Link #359
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Shoko does not appear in the new promo, this is worrying. And because there are secondary characters xD
Other than L-11, all those characters are VVV pilots thus why they appear I guess.
It is interesting that Shouko doesn't appear amongst them though (seeing as L-11 does)
Old 2013-09-13, 13:23   Link #360
Destined_Fate

It is kinda sad that Shoko isn't appearing in the promotions. Guess being Prime Minster means he doesn't get front cover promotions....
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote