AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-08, 20:19   Link #1
MyLostWorld

What's the chance of Luffy fighting his dad?

Just curious, anyone besides me think that Luffy will fight his dad? o.O I just find it hard to believe that Luffy will like the fact that his father likes to make countries get crushed by war. I mean he is basically hurting the stability of peace of the world and all

Ya some one help me out D:

http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dragonlp3.jpg
Old 2007-07-08, 23:57   Link #2
Kwt
Banned

i dont think luffy will just fight with hes Father after he know acteully he have father, Maybe Dargon that he wanna meet with luffy as father and son .... maybe if he want him died he just let Smoke Captuer him in that city befor he help him out
Old 2007-07-13, 11:49   Link #3
cy_ph3r
Pirate King

maybe they'll fight but not to the point of one of them will die.
juz an old family reunion!
Old 2007-07-16, 17:03   Link #4
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_ph3r View Post
maybe they'll fight but not to the point of one of them will die.
juz an old family reunion!
yeah, i think so too..
Old 2007-07-17, 11:08   Link #5
karumofin

ummm, noone ever dies in OP, didnt oyu know?
dragon is quite obviously being set up as main villain of the series, so of coruse theyll fight! but not any time soon of course.
Old 2007-07-17, 12:15   Link #6
cy_ph3r
Pirate King

before the strawhats will reach the Raftel, they will meet in person and eventually, throw some fist withj each other. can't wait to see dragon's power!
Old 2007-07-17, 20:27   Link #7
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
dragon is quite obviously being set up as main villain of the series, so of coruse theyll fight! but not any time soon of course.
I disagree.

Spoiler for Who I think the main villian will be .:

On topic I think Luffy will fight his dad if he stands in his way of being the Pirate King or he turns out to be a hardcore villian.
Old 2007-07-17, 20:36   Link #8
animeffs13240
V for Victory

i don't think they will fight a hardcore match because since dragon is revolutionary that has been fighting the government and luffy burned the world gov't flag while trying to save Robin so they both technically declared war on the world government. and don't forget that dragon saved luffy from smoker in loguetown. probably a family reunion like in episode 314 (i think)
Old 2007-10-28, 01:21   Link #9
Red-hair Pirate
Banned

Spoiler for scene:
Old 2007-10-28, 03:54   Link #10
Procris

I don't read the manga but i think a fight could very possibly happen. Probably near the end of an arc about him. Its obvious really that there will be an arc centred around him sooner or later.

Lets look at luffy's family.

Ace. Acts very cool but then falls a sleep while eating, very much like an older brother.

Garp. Very much like Luffy and you can instantly tell hes related to Luffy.

Dragon. Drastically different to the rest of the monkey family. He looks serious and slightly crazed. If you saw him without being told he was Luffy's father, you would never guess it.
Old 2007-10-28, 10:19   Link #11
kadenza

i think its possilbe but itll most likely b more of a friendly spar to test each other or something, i dont think itll b a serious fight since one pice isnt emo enough for that.

i doubt any1 other then luffy or bb can beat dragon though, since hes been fighting the wg successfully for at least as long as luffy has been alive not to mention his "most wanted man in the world" recognition, i also agree that he is NOT being set up to be the main villian as his and luffys attitude towards the wg and seem to be the same, main villian imo is bb [for now]
Old 2007-10-28, 12:14   Link #12
shankss
CP10

1)Since World goverment propaganda shows them as the heroes of this story, the real bad guys are the marines
2)Leader of a force that can deal with World Goverment and denying their actions to bury the past mistakes....sounds like revolution side are good guys..more like "awaken" ones
3)Pirates are the freelancers at the middle of everything

Its all up to Blackbeard, being a shichibukai cant be his dream.He may intented to legally defeat Whitebeard, or rage the war between sides to become new pirate king.Anyway whatever happens Im sure Dragon will supoort his son against World Goverment, including Blackbeard
Old 2007-10-29, 12:00   Link #13
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I suspect that dragon will come in and support his son later in some mass attack by the marines and convert him to his cuase or just support him because luffy would unstablise/wipe out the marines/government.
Old 2007-10-29, 13:57   Link #14
Slayerx

Y'know Dragon really is quiet the enigma... Seeing how the world gov't is so often seen as hiding something and being evil, Dragon, as a rebel fighting agaisnt the World Gov't, would be seen as a good guy. But on the other hand, when we actually get to see dragon talk and act, he himself gives off a very strong evil aura. He seems as though he himself will be a villian.

Perhaps it will come down to an idea of clashing ideals... the World gov't is on one side, Dragon is on the other... Luffy in a sense is caught inbetween; he's clearly agaisnt the World gov't, but when it comes time to meet his father, Luffy won't want anything to do with the rebelling either, it may even go so far that Luffy is actually getting in Dragon's way, thus enter father vs son conflict. The world gov't wants its order, dragon wants his own kind of order, and Luffy just wants freedom.
Old 2008-07-30, 21:18   Link #15
MasterX

I think the odds of Luffy fighting his father are pretty much as even as him fighting Ace or Garp.
Old 2008-08-09, 20:09   Link #16
Wisshard
Ser Fisherman

Quote:
Ehm, what do you mean?

World Goverment is obviously corrupt in their Absolute Justice and their crushing of Ohara island because they were afraid content of Void Century would reach the public. Maybe I'm coloured from Luffy's point of view, but I see the rulers of World Goverment as the bad guys and Dragon as a good revolutionarie fighting for the greater good.

Remember, only my view of things, I may be totally of the mark Maybe Void Century is something very dark and better of hidden, I don't want that!
Old 2008-08-12, 00:35   Link #17
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Well hes not being set up as the main villain, and I also disagree that they will fight. It more likely that Luffy will fight Garp as opposed to Dragon. Dragon seems very supportive of his son, rescuing him from Smoker in Lougetown. (dont think i spelled it right)
Old 2008-08-12, 19:03   Link #18
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
I think this whole debate is really dependent on just how devoted Dragon is to his "revolution."

Corrupt as they may be, the WG serves as a regulator for the world of One Piece, they are a symbol of order. With current events in mind, the fall of the WG would most likely lead to an outbreak of anarchy; something I'm not all too sure Luffy is willing to let pass.

True, Luffy does value his personal code above the laws of society, but I think he has enough insight to realize what would happen in the fallout of the WG. Luffy's made a lot of friends along his journey and the chance that one event could have such a dismal effect on all of them would definitely spur him into action.

Of course, I'm not about to go off and leave Dragon out as some sightless revolutionary, I'm sure by the time he and his faithfuls are ready to make their move that he'll have some kind of set-up ready to fill in the gap of the WG.

That said, I could see this fight happening more as a misunderstanding than anything else. I could think of some other situations but they're not nearly as interesting to me and I'm getting rather tired of all this typing.

And so ends my penny's-worth...
Old 2008-08-15, 15:50   Link #19
The_Three_Kings

Im thinking that Dragon has his reasons for wanting to destroy the WG. Luffy & co will probably help fight the WG too after finding out about the WG in the Rio Poneglyph.
Closed Thread