AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-06-30, 05:11   Link #1261
BDMed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Well in case of some lucky one could watch the movie, i just want some comment about Maaya's voice (Mari).

Thanks!
I thought Maaya was fine for the role of Mari. I don't remember ever feeling her voice wasn't right for the role.
BDMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 08:20   Link #1262
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The thing is though, medical eyepatches are just that -- antiseptic gauzes that can't be worn or used in normal, everyday living. Assuming that Asuka's injuries are actually permanent (Haruhi forbid) she can't walk around with bandages forever. I mean, it's not like everyone can be like Vyse from Skies of Arcadia.

It's a superficial complaint, really.
They can still put a glass eye in, since she seems to have lost her eye for good. I do not see the purpose and credibility of pirate eye-patch when there is a glass eye alternative. I mean they use such advantage technologies and cannot even give her a glass eye? That's silly.

Its like they want to make her as ugly as possible with running gag joke about pirate captain Shikinami.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 10:30   Link #1263
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Its like they want to make her as ugly as possible with running gag joke about pirate captain Shikinami.
I'm sure they don't want to make Asuka as ugly as possible just so she can be the butt of every joke and everybody can laugh at her. That's Shinji's job. I don't really know what people are whining about; seems to me Asuka got plenty of screentime, and it's not like we know if the eyepatch is permanent. And even if it is, uh, big deal? I think she'd look pretty badass. ;>

The movie sounds... interesting, I guess. Parts of it sound kind of strange, and I'm not exactly the Planet's Biggest Asuka Fan, but if they've turned her into a stereotypical tsundere like I've seen some people complain about, I'm not going to like it at all. But I'll withhold judgment until I actually see all of it. Can't compare it to the original, after all.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 12:57   Link #1264
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMed View Post
I thought Maaya was fine for the role of Mari. I don't remember ever feeling her voice wasn't right for the role.
thanks... i die for listen her...
Old 2009-06-30, 19:15   Link #1265
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Now that's grasping at straws. Plus, you've never been exposed to some of the older parts of the fandom. When I was starting out (circa-98), Asuka in an eyepatch was EXPECTED. How things change...

Blue Skies: I think those who read the summaries are too worried about nothing, as there's, what, two more movies? Personally, I'm still waiting for a non-camrip before I even start babbling.
Old 2009-06-30, 20:07   Link #1266
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Any girl can look good in an eyepatch, as long as her face gives off that badass look.
Old 2009-07-01, 05:27   Link #1267
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Now that's grasping at straws. Plus, you've never been exposed to some of the older parts of the fandom. When I was starting out (circa-98), Asuka in an eyepatch was EXPECTED. How things change...

Blue Skies: I think those who read the summaries are too worried about nothing, as there's, what, two more movies? Personally, I'm still waiting for a non-camrip before I even start babbling.
I know that it was expected. Just like Shinji waking up with severed Rei's hand. A lot of things were expected back then. But it still does not mean you have no right to complain, specially because we already have an Evangelion original so we can complain about it's doujinshi-movie.

And you still havent answered to the first point of my post why the pirate eyepatch when you can give a glass eye?

The only reasonable guess would be that it is not permanent, but if it is not permanent then medical eyepatch would have been good enough.

Somehow I get the feeling that if Rei would be made in an one-eyed pirate there would be more complaints.
Old 2009-07-01, 10:16   Link #1268
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
I know that it was expected. Just like Shinji waking up with severed Rei's hand. A lot of things were expected back then. But it still does not mean you have no right to complain, specially because we already have an Evangelion original so we can complain about it's doujinshi-movie.

And you still havent answered to the first point of my post why the pirate eyepatch when you can give a glass eye?

The only reasonable guess would be that it is not permanent, but if it is not permanent then medical eyepatch would have been good enough.

Somehow I get the feeling that if Rei would be made in an one-eyed pirate there would be more complaints.
Maybe they were alluding something of the End of Eva's Asuka? We would never know unless movie 3 & 4 would tell us something more. I mean they even changed Asuka's name. Why is that? We have taken for granted for years that her surname was Soryuu, and now it's Shikinami. There might be something more than just a cosmetic change. I'd say let us wait and see.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 10:29   Link #1269
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

One can hardly call it a doujinshi movie when it's so strongly implied that
Spoiler for Rebuild 2.0:
Old 2009-07-01, 10:40   Link #1270
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Spoiler for Rebuild 2.0:
Spoiler:
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 14:43   Link #1271
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Not having a picture to see what the problem is, I can only add that eyepatches come in different colors now. Black is considered the traditional color. It also goes with her hair and most clothes.

Glass eyes are expensive and need to have special care taken for their upkeep. It wouldn't be something that I would put in an active EVA pilot. Of course, I would think that a pilot would need to have binocular vision to fly and shouldn't have prosthetic eyes or eyepatches.

If she's decommisioned, then they could give her a glass eye. Then, that would be up to them if they wanted to spend the extra money on her.
Old 2009-07-01, 14:44   Link #1272
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Unique "TV Ver." of Eva:1.0 to Air in Japan on Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The Khara anime studio has announced on Tuesday that this Friday's airing of the Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone film will be an unedited "TV version" — one that is different from the versions already released in theaters or on DVD. The official Evangelion website suggests that even people who have the DVD or Blu-ray Disc version might have to check out this airing on Japan's NTV station and its affiliates.

Update: The Mainchi Shimbun paper's Mantan Web section reports on a hint from NTV producer Nozomu Takahashi, "If you watch until the very end, you will definitely notice something different."

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:18   Link #1273
Blaat

Wow Gainax really likes to milk Evangelion doesn't it. I wonder what the TV version will be called: 1.2?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:23   Link #1274
orion

So then which version of movie 1 is considered "canon"?

Is anyone going to watch it?
Old 2009-07-01, 17:38   Link #1275
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Wow Gainax really likes to milk Evangelion doesn't it. I wonder what the TV version will be called: 1.2?
Old 2009-07-01, 17:49   Link #1276
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Not having a picture to see what the problem is, I can only add that eyepatches come in different colors now. Black is considered the traditional color. It also goes with her hair and most clothes.

Glass eyes are expensive and need to have special care taken for their upkeep. It wouldn't be something that I would put in an active EVA pilot. Of course, I would think that a pilot would need to have binocular vision to fly and shouldn't have prosthetic eyes or eyepatches.

If she's decommisioned, then they could give her a glass eye. Then, that would be up to them if they wanted to spend the extra money on her.
Then why bother with an eye-patch? Save the money too. Or why have houses for pilots - save the money and let them live in streets for something.

Yet the truth is that for NERV money was never the problem now wasn't. Considering how much a single EVA launch costs one glass eye would not be a problem at all.

Its a doujinshi in regards to to the first evangelion (TV series). And it is not a continuation of that so yes it is a doujinshi even if done by mostly original team.
Old 2009-07-01, 18:11   Link #1277
orion

Quote:
Then why bother with an eye-patch? Save the money too. Or why have houses for pilots - save the money and let them live in streets for something.

Yet the truth is that for NERV money was never the problem now wasn't. Considering how much a single EVA launch costs one glass eye would not be a problem at all.

Its a doujinshi in regards to to the first evangelion (TV series). And it is not a continuation of that so yes it is a doujinshi even if done by mostly original team.
Well, it would be the humane and inexpensive thing to do. (It only costs $22.) If she has permanent monocular vision, then her pilot days are over. If she can't do her job then why spend the extra money on her? NERV prob needs to watch its budget in this timeline.

I wish there was a pic of it so we all could see it.
Old 2009-07-01, 18:28   Link #1278
blue skies
noch einmal?

I still don't understand why some people are ready to go apeshit on Gainax over an eyepatch that may or may not be permanent. Personally, I think it makes her look fierce. And it suits her in a bizarro sort of way. But again, who knows if it's there to stay? Asuka is still Asuka, eyepatch or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Spoiler for Rebuild 2.0:
Spoiler for time loop lol:
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 18:38   Link #1279
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The way I see it, Asuka is wearing an eye patch for now because NERV is growing her a new eye in a testube somewhere. No big deal.
Old 2009-07-01, 20:07   Link #1280
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Debatable, ESPECIALLY now that the script is known for the second movie.
Spoiler for second movie stuff:

And I still think whining about an EYEPATCH is silly.

Tags
movie, remake