AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-01-26, 16:47   Link #7521
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Alternatively, use nsadec from ONScripter Tools.

The sprites are attached to alpha masks for transparency… I wonder if anyone knows how to convert these sprites into proper transparent PNGs or something? I mean, I can do it in Gimp, but it would be nice to have a program do it automatically.
Old 2012-01-31, 13:16   Link #7522
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

All Rose Guns Days related posts have been moved to a dedicated thread. Please use this one for further discussion.
Old 2012-01-31, 13:59   Link #7523
st_nick5

Anyone have any idea what this is?
http://07th-expansion.net/party/Main.htm
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 15:47   Link #7524
sailorsean

Anyone know the status on the Tsubasa and Hane fandiscs? I'm very much interested in those.
I'm not even going to get into Ougon Musou or anything like that.
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 23:10   Link #7525
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorsean View Post
Anyone know the status on the Tsubasa and Hane fandiscs? I'm very much interested in those.
I'm not even going to get into Ougon Musou or anything like that.
Someone (not witch hunt) gathered the translations people made for the booklets and made a patch to Tsubasa (not complete, tough). If you look around this forum you might find it.

Both stories from Hane were already translated, but not made into a patch.
Old 2012-02-01, 07:04   Link #7526
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Someone (not witch hunt) gathered the translations people made for the booklets and made a patch to Tsubasa (not complete, tough). If you look around this forum you might find it.

Both stories from Hane were already translated, but not made into a patch.
Actually, I have been making a patch for Hane on my free time. I'm done inserting the translation of Jessica and the Killer Electric Fan. It actually had some three lines that apparently weren't in the original booklet, but I think I translated them fine. I don't know when I'll start working on Forgery No.XXX. And the Postscript doesn't have any translation yet, right? I have also translated all the images.

It probably needs a couple of fixes on how the text looks on the outside, which I haven't set out to do. If you want, I could release what I have done so far, if someone else is willing to finish the job.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 21:55   Link #7527
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I had some questions about how some things were translated. They pertain to game 5.

1. When Dlanor speaks why it is the last word she speaks is in capitals? I know is must have been answered before and I have been trying to go through the 300 odd pages but so far I don't know why. I know she uses katakana is that why?

2. Was duct tape used instead of gum tape since it wouldn't make sense to those outside Japan? What I have found is gum tape to not at all like duct tape. I actually bought some gum tape while in japan (to try this experiment on you tube I had seen). So when the gum tape is described in the game, I found it to quite a different type of tape entirely. It is very easy to remove the tape from many surfaces. The tape leaves no residue behind at all very much like masking tape. So I was a bit baffled why they would use gum tape in the first place. Just my thoughts. Duct tape does work as a much better example.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 22:47   Link #7528
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I had some questions about how some things were translated. They pertain to game 5.

1. When Dlanor speaks why it is the last word she speaks is in capitals? I know is must have been answered before and I have been trying to go through the 300 odd pages but so far I don't know why. I know she uses katakana is that why?
I can't answer the second question, but the first question is explained in the witch-hunt's grimoire (translation notes)

Witch-hunt translated katakana, a form of writing usually reserved for foreign words, into capital letters. For instance: 縁寿 is translated as "Ange" but アンゲ is translated as "ANGE" You'll see "EVA" and "MARIA" as well.

Dlanor speaks the last words in katakana. I don't know how someone "speaks" like that though

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 23:34   Link #7529
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post

Dlanor speaks the last words in katakana. I don't know how someone "speaks" like that though
You, in my mind, I always hear it as her putting an unnatural sounding emphasis on those final words or syllables, like a text-to-speech program or something, with just an ever so slight robot-esque, auto-tuned quality to it. In my head.

I haven't really listened to any of her dialogue in the PS3 versions or fighting game, though.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 00:07   Link #7530
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
You, in my mind, I always hear it as her putting an unnatural sounding emphasis on those final words or syllables, like a text-to-speech program or something, with just an ever so slight robot-esque, auto-tuned quality to it. In my head.

I haven't really listened to any of her dialogue in the PS3 versions or fighting game, though.
Well, her voice actress, Miyuki Sawashiro, gives her very little inflection and, in fact, makes her sound kind of like a robot. Listening to her sound files in the fighting game, she does put emphasis on her auxiliaries ("desu", "masu"), but it is very, very seldom. I counted, and she did it at least five times out of the hundreds of voice files she has.

Of course, that differs when she goes into her "Die the death!" mode. It's a shame there are currently no video clips of her saying it in the PS3 game. She does say it during her meta-super in the fighting game, but it's not quite as good as the PS3 version. However, there is another scenario in that game where she says it (I don't know which), and it was kind of unnerving to hear her say it the way she did there. The good kind of unnerving, mind you.

And in case you haven't heard her voice at all, her voice pitch is relatively high, slightly lower than Shannon's. Because she is a kid, like she clearly stated. And because she is a kid, it shouldn't be surprising that her voice would be child-like, as so many people who expected her to sound like an adult complained about when they really should have known better.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 06:56   Link #7531
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Alternatively, use nsadec from ONScripter Tools.

The sprites are attached to alpha masks for transparency… I wonder if anyone knows how to convert these sprites into proper transparent PNGs or something? I mean, I can do it in Gimp, but it would be nice to have a program do it automatically.
I actually have converted a very high number of the sprites into png with transparency (there is a reason, but I'm not going to comment on that for now) and am slowly (due to lack of time) making the whole thing into a mostly automated set-up on photoshop (some images including anything that has been translated wouldn't work very well but over 95% of things should work).

I'll post more about it when I have more news to give (which is mostly an issue of time right now).

Note: I'm not doing this without Ryuukishi's consent.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 06:58   Link #7532
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Here's probably as good a place to ask as any, but do the scripts for Rondo & Nocturne match up to the existing games? I'd imagine they'd be almost identical, but I just want to check.

And on that note, is there any way to extract the script from the game into a text document?
Old 2012-02-03, 14:47   Link #7533
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Thanks guys!

Yes the scripts are the same, minus a believe a line by Eva in game 1 and some refrences with card captor sakura
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 15:35   Link #7534
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
Here's probably as good a place to ask as any, but do the scripts for Rondo & Nocturne match up to the existing games? I'd imagine they'd be almost identical, but I just want to check.

And on that note, is there any way to extract the script from the game into a text document?
Run nscript.dat through nscdec (from ONScripter Tools). You will get a result.txt.
Old 2012-02-20, 07:24   Link #7535
Rosa Mystica

Don't know if this is the right place but can someone from Witch Hunt help please? My laptop went down and I lost everything. I downloaded ep 8 from the website and have e-mailed but not heard anything back. Is there anyway I can re-download my copy at all? Thanks!
Old 2012-03-05, 17:53   Link #7536
gn_X00

any news on our confession?
Old 2012-03-06, 15:43   Link #7537
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
any news on our confession?
Witch Hunt will probably announce something in due course, but nothing as of yet. *waits patiently*
Old 2012-03-06, 16:28   Link #7538
gn_X00

Okay then.
*wait patiently*
Old 2012-03-07, 01:09   Link #7539
Kylon99

There was already a summary of Our Confessions provided by Lyrical in the Spoilers Thread though. But okay, that was just a summary. It was fairly accurate and was based off of the quotes from Our Confessions at umineco.info. I have the booklet and I checked to make sure that and Lyrical's summary was pretty complete and accurate.

EDIT: Er... forgot to say, link in my signature.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 13:14   Link #7540
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

There have been summaries, but Witch Hunt said that they would do a proper translation of it, although there aren't any other details about that.

Tags
translation