AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-04, 22:29   Link #281
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Have faith, Terada has fixed many things. Shinji(Took a level in Badassery), Gundam Seed Destiny(Z Shinn is best Shinn, though L Shinn is a cool dude), Godannar(KEN!!!!), Fafner(If you're willing to go through a ridiculous chain to save them all), Code Geass Ending(If Route makes Lelouch(He's the leader of ZEXIS too) and Kallen(They have her fix "everyone's problems", literally. Funny when Chirico, indebted to her, tries to help her with her Zero issue) god tier), Turn A Gundam(How they managed to work it so well while ignoring the entire setting but the moon business is amazing), Dancouga Nova/Dancouga Sismance/Bromance, adverting the Genesis ending altogether(So Apollo and Silvia fans got a happy ending without being trolled with this dog stuff), and ect.

So if anything can fix this it's the SRW team.
I have absolute faith, but if SRW is going to make EVOL great, they'll need a complete reconstruction.

If not, EVOL is just going to have a fixed decent story, backed up by awesome attack animations.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-04, 22:34   Link #282
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I have absolute faith, but if SRW is going to make EVOL great, they'll need a complete reconstruction.

If not, EVOL is just going to have a fixed decent story, backed up by awesome attack animations.
SRW has a history of omitting bad things too. Look at L Destiny. They took out nearly everything that made Shinn overly angry and they turned Kira into a Hero and not that jerk that was trying to screw with everyone in Destiny. They even had him understand Shinn's intent to save Stella and no matter what she's saved. Though if you want to get her as a pilot later you need Shinn to weaken her to a certian point and trigger the event that way. They also took out the whole "Athrun is a traitor" thing and found a new way to work out the Lunamaria x Shinn love thing and had it start building up much earlier than in the series and took out her fangirling over Athrun being the Star Red of Zaft. They even took out Heine's death and intergrated him into the Destiny plot and have Dearka appear multiple times in the game to offer sage advice to Shinn and helped him understand Kira and Athrun, they also removed Athrun physically abusing Shinn for speaking his mind.

That's not even all of the changes. There's also the one where after the Stella event they pretend to shoot down Kira and co. but instead let them head to Orb without pursuit.

So yeah, if Terada wants he can easily take out every bad thing in EVOL and make it into a decent series just like he did with Destiny.
Old 2012-06-04, 22:49   Link #283
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
After all, the warnings before have ALWAYS labelled KaguraXMikono as 'forbidden love' (reference to CelianeXPollon?) but made no scene when its AmataXMikono (because its the 'proper' pairing via ApolloniusXCeliane?).

Thus Mikage has always been pushing for Kagura (Pollon) to seek out Mikono (Celiane), in order for him to be with Amata (Apollonius) through Zessica's body.
No, Apollo is the winged dog Pollon. Apollo is Amata who was split into wings (Amata) and rest (Kagura also called Dark Amata). There is no Apollonius reincarnation. Yet*. Mykage hates Amata because he is the dog that trolled him.

*Aside of Solar Aquarion, I mean. Trolls like Shushu, Crea/Rea, Alicia and Fudo are usual suspects.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-04, 22:51   Link #284
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
So yeah, if Terada wants he can easily take out every bad thing in EVOL and make it into a decent series just like he did with Destiny.
The problem is SRW always has to stick closely to the story the first time any series debuts, they can only cut and change stuff if they have become regulars.

And if EVOL is to appear in Z3, it will have to work it in so that it links to the original Aquarion which including most if not all that has been written. If EVOL is going to appear in a new title alone without Aquarion, then there may be a bit more freedom to change the story, but again not for the debut.

I think we shouldn't discuss about other series in this thread, don't worry I'm very familiar with SRW, I'm a veteran for 14 years lol.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-04, 22:56   Link #285
crayven

Wait, what is this thing about Zessica wanting to get pregnant with Amata's baby? I'm pretty sure her desire was somthing pure like saving MIX or getting Amata to like her. And Mykage sure didn't like it when Zessica tried to say the 12000 year line in 21, he didn't want an outsider like her to mess with the "true" legend.
Old 2012-06-04, 22:58   Link #286
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
the problem is where this Apollonius in all this?
In the previous era Aquarion, Gen Fudo and Rena... This time it is Aquaion, Zen Fudo and Crea.

The whole erasing the third pilot from the book, Scorpius, was a mislead so he won't be ID. Rena can read the book the whole time. Which now Crea narrates.

Episode 16 of Aquarion the pilot speculates Rena is a Shadow Angel. At first we thought she is the dog. As we can see here Rena responded to Apollo/Pollon's howls. We see Apollonius.

Spoiler:

Rena is part of Apollonius that responded to her old dog.

Much like Fudo Rena is long lived. But what doesn't makes sense she is an Element before Element existed in their era.
Spoiler for Element origin and Rena's past:

Rena would be a being like Fudo. Unchanging and she needs prana like a Shadow Angel thus vampire traits.

Only this time she has a sweet tooth as Crea.

Fudo, the one who found Aquarion and seems to know everything besides Rena is another part of Apollonius.
Old 2012-06-04, 22:58   Link #287
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
Wait, what is this thing about Zessica wanting to get pregnant with Amata's baby? I'm pretty sure her desire was somthing pure like saving MIX or getting Amata to like her. And Mykage sure didn't like it when Zessica tried to say the 12000 year line in 21, he didn't want an outsider like her to mess with the "true" legend.
People are speculating based on OVA Touma. If you want to be technical, Zessica didn't even agree to any deal. Mykage just appeared, scared the hell of her and then disappeared before she could say a thing.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-04, 23:01   Link #288
Mangaka-chan

Wow. After reading the summary for this episode I'm speechless. Yet amazingly, as much as I feel trolled I actually don't hate the revelations. Confused? Yes, but no burning rage here. I guess I'll have to watch the rest of the series before I can sort out my feelings about this twist.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:05   Link #289
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I think everyone is getting a little worked up over the fact that he was a dog 24000 years ago. It isn't beastiality now. fact of the matter was that Apollo and Amata were born human and may have been human in the life before the dog. Heck our own incarnations might have been animals in the past.
Seriously, don't bother trying to say that to them cause god forbid anyone look past their rage and not blow things out of proportion.

It basically comes down to: "I hate this twist so much I'm gonna demonise every single aspect of it so I can hate on it even harder than I already am."

Silvia being cheated to thinking she got together with her destined lover from 12000 years ago? Sure let's forget that she came to love Apollo as who he is now and not who she thought he was and the fact she stopped caring about her own past life and decided to live and love as herself.

Cause you know, it's more romantic if someone is caught up in relationships that happened before they were even born, kinda like how two strangers in real life should totally get together cause they were thought to have inherited the souls of their great grandparents who were all lovey-dovey with each other.

Heaven forbid anyone wishing to have a better chance with another person in their next life, be they human, dog, or whatever manner of organism capable of loving. The past status quo must absolutely be adhered to.

Say two best friends, both guys. One is married (lets call him A) while the other (B) bears a homo crush towards A and wishes for a better chance with him in his next life. Likewise the married couple wishes the same. Cue all three being reincarnated and the wife ends up in the opposite end of the Earth, never to meet or know her former husband in this life, but living her won separate reincarnated life all the same. However, the B is now the opposite gender in this life and managed to reunite with A. Initially, A gets told by some fortune teller that B is actually his past wife and for a moment there believes it. Eventually, A finds out that B isn't his former wife (or stops believing in fortune tellers, w/e), but does this automatically negate everything they've been through? No, they've grown to love each other as who they are now and not who they were.

Now then, does that still make their relationship a homo relationship, despite you know, one of them being born into the age with a vag and all that? Going by all the Pollon beastiality claims here, it should. That perfectly hetero couple right now is still a homo couple because the status quo from their past life dictates it. Also B is such a sneaky conniving bastard for one upping the poor wife who is not even involved in their current lives whatsoever. In fact, she's currently happily married to someone else in Switzerland. I guess that makes her an unfaithful bitch too.

I think I've gotten everything that needs to be said (ad nauseum) so I'll refrain from having to repeat myself anymore.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:07   Link #290
Destined_Fate

Didn't you say you were leaving? Geeze, it's getting really annoying that you keep giving them the benefit of the doubt for trolling everyone than go ignoring all the implications of what this revelation means and pushing all legit compliants as just blind rage. You do know there's something called blind fanboyism too, right? Also you example doesn't even vaguely resemble what has now happened in EVOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The problem is SRW always has to stick closely to the story the first time any series debuts, they can only cut and change stuff if they have become regulars.

And if EVOL is to appear in Z3, it will have to work it in so that it links to the original Aquarion which including most if not all that has been written. If EVOL is going to appear in a new title alone without Aquarion, then there may be a bit more freedom to change the story, but again not for the debut.

I think we shouldn't discuss about other series in this thread, don't worry I'm very familiar with SRW, I'm a veteran for 14 years lol.
Not true. Code Geass had a lot of changes, especially R2 in its first showing. Especially if you take the vastly surperior secret IF route that completely rewrites the ending of CG and prevents the deaths of Shirley and Euphie as well as turning Rolo into an okay guy. Lelouch and Kallen are similiar to their show selves in z2.1 but start changing vastly by z2.2 because of ZEXIS influence and Kallen and Lelouch really sucking at hideing their feelings from the nosy members of ZEXIS and C.C. always stateing the obvious than wondering why people are embarassed, angry, or confused.

EVOL can easily be worked in Z3 if they go with another World just like they did with Z2 or use time manipulation shennagians. If that fails they can always do what they did with the Tekkaman Blade series and just have the sequel run alongside the original with an altered plot to make things work together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
Zessica wants Amata's love. Mykage never said he would get her that, he said he would rip that hand away and than give it to her. Mykage sees it as this, he wants a baby and Zessica wants Amata's love. So Mykage is going to get her Amata's love(by force), physically even though that's not something she would agree to, and he's going to get that baby he wants out of it.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-04 at 23:23.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:39   Link #291
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Wow. After reading the summary for this episode I'm speechless. Yet amazingly, as much as I feel trolled I actually don't hate the revelations. Confused? Yes, but no burning rage here. I guess I'll have to watch the rest of the series before I can sort out my feelings about this twist.
Burning rage is for fools and trolls, a raised eyebrow and a "really?" should suffice I'd say.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:42   Link #292
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Didn't you say you were leaving? Geeze, it's getting raelly annoying that you keep giving them the benefit of the doubt for trolling everyone than go ignoring all the implications of what this revelation means and pushing all legit compliants as just blind rage. You do know there's something called blind fanboyism too, right?
Blind fanboyism? I do believe that I've already stated that I'm not all thrilled about Genesis being dragged into the twist either (amusing, nonetheless but still not something I approve) and (I've said this many times) that what has been irking me in this thread has not been the fact people are hating it or calling it a troll but simply that what is already a troll/badly written twist is now being made into a super galactic ultra horrible twist with extra embelished details on the top.

That, and the whole notion of reincarnation is being spat on by these implications just as badly as Kawamori/Okada are spitting in the fans faces.

But you're absolutely right that I should've left this futile discussion(?) when I said I would. So this is where the "agree to disagree" card gets played.
Old 2012-06-04, 23:48   Link #293
Destined_Fate

I'm saying you should actually keep your word instead of trying to berate the intelligence of others and casually dismissing their claims as just blind rage despite many said claims having much legitimency.
Old 2012-06-05, 00:09   Link #294
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Can we please stop talking about bestiality?
First of all, Pollon wasn't just a dog but a Shadow Angel, an intelligent being.
Even if he was a dog, his reincarnation is a human being. Silvia didn't fall in love with a dog but with a man called Apollo. Mikono isn't in love with a dog but with a man called Amata. What he was in a previous life doesn't matter. It doesn't make her a dogf***er.

Concerning Kagura being able to summon the Solar Aquarion... it makes sense. Remember who were the last three pilots of the Solar Aquarion?

Apollo -> Kagura
Touma -> Zessikage = dark half of Touma
Sirius = dark half of Celiane -> Mikono

Mykage was clever. He recreated the trio who last piloted the Wings of the Sun. The only question now is what is his final objective.
Keep in mind that the first three pilots of Solar Aquarion in the beginning of the series was Apollo, and the two parts of Celiane. In addition to your question, one of multiple questions brought up multiple times still remain. Like, why the hell is a dog able to call forth Aquarion?
Old 2012-06-05, 00:16   Link #295
justsomeguy

Wow, now that's quite an unusual distribution in the poll. I'm not sure what to feel about the twist. It's the odd sort of troll where suddenly everything somehow seems to makes sense, yet the entire premise is bonkers. Having being raised in a certain flavor of Buddhist family, the idea of animals being reincarnated as humans and vice versa is nothing new, and definitely nothing wrong. On the other hand, I'm still not seeing what sort of essential plot purpose makes this twist beyond an elaborate seven-year troll spanning two series. I suppose I should just be glad the plot is finally moving along again?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-06-05, 00:28   Link #296
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskatar View Post
Like, why the hell is a dog able to call forth Aquarion?
He's Apollo, the last pilot, reincarnation.

Old 2012-06-05, 00:40   Link #297
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
No, you fool. I mean in Genesis. Apollo's the reincarnation of the winged hound. In the first episode, he called Vector Sol and it responded. Why? We all thought it was because he was Apollonious, but it turns out he's not.
Old 2012-06-05, 00:41   Link #298
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
he's the reincarnation of a shadow angel is more like it. It was stated that a mix of shadow angels and humans was needed to truly pilot a fully powered Aquarion. Apollo could pilot it because he used to be a shadow angel but couldn't release the wings of the sun because he wasn't a shadow angel in that life.
Old 2012-06-05, 00:42   Link #299
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskatar View Post
No, you fool. I mean in Genesis. Apollo's the reincarnation of the winged hound. In the first episode, he called Vector Sol and it responded. Why? We all thought it was because he was Apollonious, but it turns out he's not.
They may never explain it in detail, though Pollon was a Shadow... Wing Dog that really wants to hump the leg of his Master's lover, perhaps his desire to show her his bone was enough to get the Aquarin Gattai going? Or maybe Apollonius is actually Aquarion and wants to watch his Dog get freaky with his girlfriend inside him?
Old 2012-06-05, 00:45   Link #300
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Quote:
They may never explain it in detail, though Pollon was a Shadow... Wing Dog that really wants to hump the leg of his Master's lover. Or maybe Apollonius is actually Aquarion and wants to watch his Dog get freaky with his girlfriend inside him?
Apollonious' soul is Aquarion, at any rate.
Closed Thread