AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 10:00   Link #2281
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

All I can say is, FUCK YEAH!

Now just waiting for subs. BTW, thanks to EveTaku for picking this up. Quality subs within 24 hours of airing is no small feat. Hope you guys consider more of the same for the future *hint*hint*nudge*nudge*

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 10:17   Link #2282
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Thomas Romain
Oh yeah, I forgot about him completely lol. I was still on cloud nine after the episode.

AKB0048 General Election sounds interesting. I'm little worried about the character development though. Most of these characters are already pretty well developed so the psychological drama might not be as interesting as in the first series. We'll see.

On another note, when Chieri called Kanata captain I was grinning like an idiot. Chieri and Kanata for next Yuuko and Takamina!!

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-22 at 10:58.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 10:25   Link #2283
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
AKB0048 General Election sounds interesting. I'm little worried about the character development though. Most of these characters are already pretty well developed so the psychological drama might not be as interesting as in the first series. We'll see.
Well, I think the development in the series works for what they're going for. The election isn't going to be about which girl is #1, but rather who takes over as the 14th generation Atsuko Maeda. It could be very interesting! (Or really stupid!) Lol.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 10:30   Link #2284
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The election isn't going to be about which girl is #1, but rather who takes over as the 14th generation Atsuko Maeda. It could be very interesting! (Or really stupid!) Lol.
If it's about the next Acchan they can end the series in episode 1 since it's painfully obvious it's Nagisa.

I really hope they have a little more (or a lot more) than this in store for us.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:32   Link #2285
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If it's about the next Acchan they can end the series in episode 1 since it's painfully obvious it's Nagisa.

I really hope they have a little more (or a lot more) than this.
I agree, it's pretty obvious (unless they want to have some lame SHOCK plot twist for the sake of it), and they should get it over with. I'm more interested in the Sensei-Sensei mystery and how it ties with the original AKB48 members.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 10:54   Link #2286
mochichan

Spoiler for ep 13:

AKB0048 general election...oh great...who's going to pull a Yui Yokoyama..XD

mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:10   Link #2287
Random Wanderer

As long as there's a season 2, it's all good. I won't know what happens in this episode until a translated version comes out (and I have time to watch it), but there's no way at all they could have wrapped up everything and still managed a good episode. Since folks say the episode was good, that means there are still some mysteries left to uncover.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 12:00   Link #2288
Kazu-kun

More than mysteries, I'd like the second season to bring Chieri's parents into the picture. To begin with I find it hard to believe her dad wouldn't send a direct attack on Akibastar to retrieve his daughter. I want Chieri to confront her parents like Nagisa did hers.

And yeah, the Center Nova and all that... honestly I don't really care that much about this anymore.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-22 at 12:31.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 12:09   Link #2289
mochichan

Chieri meet with her dad would be great..but it might be in a middle of a serious gun fight between mechs at an AKB concert.

I want to see AkiP's face :|
Oh and I want to see DES's capital/HQ/Whatever too.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:17   Link #2290
Kazu-kun

Great poster:

Old 2012-07-22, 13:46   Link #2291
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for final:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 14:14   Link #2292
mechdra

Best episode and season 2 by 2013!

I am happy with everyone getting what they deserved. Nagisa reunites with her parents, Yuka meeting Mamoru again and Orine saying goddbye to her mech. Takamina finally get to retain her position.

About Center Nova, all the understudies are Center Nova. I understand why Miichan freak out when she is a Center Nova, you basically get send to I dol Heaven and meet the original members.

Lastly, a Kirara's glow produce dualium. Nowonder the idols is DGTO's enemy.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 14:30   Link #2293
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
About Center Nova, all the understudies are Center Nova.

Lastly, a Kirara's glow produce dualium.
I think the dualium was already there, and that's why everyone besides Chieri and Nagisa managed to glow like a center nova.
Old 2012-07-22, 14:36   Link #2294
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

So there is two ways to get it. One way is to strip mine planets for the resource while the other way is through song and music. Guess that is why they want entertainment banned.
Old 2012-07-22, 14:42   Link #2295
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
So there is two ways to get it. One way is to strip mine planets for the resource while the other way is through song and music.
To get what?
Old 2012-07-22, 15:16   Link #2296
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Dualium of course.
Old 2012-07-22, 15:18   Link #2297
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:54   Link #2298
mochichan

^
If fans don't like them, they wouldn't be willing to support them :P
Beside I consider their marketing genius to actually turn an underground group no one know, with only 8 people in the audience at their first show into a money printing machine.
Beside, that management donated over 15 million USD and 30 buses for tsunami victims, and AKB girls still do visits every month to perform concerts, their recent single sales was partly donated to charity too. At least they gave back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
About Center Nova, all the understudies are Center Nova. I understand why Miichan freak out when she is a Center Nova, you basically get send to I dol Heaven and meet the original members.
Kinda lame to be an idol just to disappear like that tho.......
I guess it's for the better goods or w/e.

But for some reason the new trainees nullified the effect of being center...maybe this is like related to team works? lol.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-07-22 at 17:52.
Old 2012-07-22, 18:55   Link #2299
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Perhaps, but Kawamori decided the series shouldn't try to follow more recent "Action Idol" series' footsteps. Its better that way, the whole "Crying Trainees scene" made me thought something bad was going to happen. But this series is pretty by the numbers. Very simple and a heartfelt letter to AKB48 above all else.
Old 2012-07-22, 20:30   Link #2300
Undertaker

On the greedy marketing thing, that was more of Anti-talk than anything. AKB's way of selling CD, is now pretty much the standard. Besides, looking from an subjective view, while you can way taht having different C/W songs in different edition is under-handed tactic to get fans buy multiple copies. It is also a fact that for the same amount of money, an AKB or 48-group singles CD gives you more value for the money than other artist's single.

For an AKB CD, you not only get the CD, but a DVD with MV on them as well as various bonus footage like behind-the-scene, comedy sketches, etc. In addition, there are tickets for handshake event, 3.5x5 member photo, votes for election and AX100 concerts. That's not counting the shop specific goodies you get. They also discounted regular edition have just the CD, thus makes it cheaper then other artist's single.

In essence, all they did was taking the Limited Edition concept that you often see in videogames and manga and applied it to music industry. It's hardly anything new, but probably helped due to it's Akihabara root. I mean, really, a lot of its current marketing direction were the result of the meetings the management had with its core fans (mostly otakus at time) during the earliest stage of AKB's existence.

As for there music, the win Japan Music Record, and runner up before that is acknowledgement enough even if I personally think the group have many other songs that were better and Fly Get or even Beginner.

I'm just happy that there is going to be a 2nd season.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-22 at 23:55.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime