AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-08-11, 14:45   Link #341
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

For the most part is sounds very mid-80s.
Old 2009-08-11, 15:50   Link #342
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hah.... Deathdevil is fun! Yeah... '70s and '80s metal (Black Sabbath, etc) when it was more melodious.
Old 2009-08-11, 17:34   Link #343
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/radio/radio.html#radio

click on the first one and about less than half way they start playing Fuwa Fuwa Time

Considering that they have never played instruments and had to learn this in probably a month, they get an A+ for effort, and it at least not that painful. Hell Mio and Mugi Seiyuu's break down in the after interview, can't help but cheer them on
Just to update/clarify (they've got new web radio clips up that pushed the stack of episodes over).
The VAs playing their own instruments and singing "Fuwa Fuwa Time" is on
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/radio/radio22.html (09/07/31 episode).
About halfway through the first clip on that page. It is really is worth a listen.

For reference:
Ritsu - Satou Satomi
Mio - Hikasa Youko
Tsumugi - Kotobuki Minako
Yui - Toyosaki Aki

The second clip has the emotional moments when the VAs for Mugi and Mio are simply overwhelmed by the positive response of the fans.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-08-11 at 17:47.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 05:43   Link #344
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I love the song! It sounds pretty much into the late 80s style of metal, though the bass pedalling sounds too consistent.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 20:44   Link #345
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Not entirely on-topic, but did you know Les Paul died today? Giitaa is an orphan...
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 21:00   Link #346
Nerroth
NePoi!

I was just about to post that...

Rest in peace, LP.
Old 2009-08-13, 22:46   Link #347
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm just glad he left his notes.... but yeah, salutes to him.
Old 2009-08-14, 22:07   Link #348
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Considering that they have never played instruments and had to learn this in probably a month, they get an A+ for effort, and it at least not that painful. Hell Mio and Mugi Seiyuu's break down in the after interview, can't help but cheer them on
- Kotobuki Minako has played some piano before. Satou Satomi has played guitar before, but uhm, yeah drums.
- They've been learning how to play their respective instruments since the beginning of Rajion, so since February.
- With that said and done, have no idea what Azunyan's seiyuu has done with guitar before.

I haven't listened to Rajion at all since Sanada Asami/Sawa-sensei first appeared because it got boring and the girls don't know how to stay near the microphone. But during the bits, they've been learning to play some sort of song, which sounds better than them doing Fuwa Fuwa Time....

Edit:
loool, I totally forgot about Japan and having music stuff for curriculum, unlike anti-art western side of the world. :>

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2009-08-15 at 11:52.
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 11:11   Link #349
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

hardstylers/jumpstylers will love this, sort of like ear sex

click the link and listen in HQ or add fmt=18 at the end of the link, there is a huge difference between normal and high

Last edited by iHateApril3rd2009; 2009-08-15 at 11:24. Reason: for the luls!
iHateApril3rd2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 14:50   Link #350
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Cagayake Girls Remix:

Old 2009-08-16, 15:57   Link #351
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

SCANDAL performing don't say "lazy" on MUSIC JAPAN.

Timed the video to when the actual performance starts....

GET IT BEFORE NHK RIPS IT OFF YOUTUBE. :3

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-08-16, 17:26   Link #352
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They do a nice copy of it.... but Mio's VA just has a nice deep note to her voice that I was missing. Hmmm, I still prefer ZONE (at least their edgier stuff).

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-08-16 at 18:01.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 17:40   Link #353
neothe0ne

Eh, I guess it sounds like SCANDAL (having only listened to Shoujo S before now). Definitely prefer the original.
Old 2009-08-16, 22:17   Link #354
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I actually didn't listen to all of it at first, lol. The girls are cute and that's pretty much why I just watched it. The singing is okay - prefer the middle girl's voice than the other ones. As for their arrangement, ehh, whatever.

I was too busy panting at the Minorin and Nana-sama part of the show....

Oh, uh, here's that K-On! event where the seiyuu performed Fuwa Fuwa Time if you don't want to load up Rajion. :V

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-08-17, 00:24   Link #355
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
K-On! Metal goodness, time to clean out all that sugery Tea Time music :P

Way to go Asami Sanada!

datguitarsolo

Pure 80's metal, I'm glad they released this as well.
Squawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 01:59   Link #356
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They do a nice copy of it.... but Mio's VA just has a nice deep note to her voice that I was missing.
agreed, the voice is the obvious difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Oh, uh, here's that K-On! event where the seiyuu performed Fuwa Fuwa Time if you don't want to load up Rajion. :V
too bad it is images clip, cannot tell they really can play the instruments or not
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 04:51   Link #357
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-08-17, 11:47   Link #358
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
agreed, the voice is the obvious difference

too bad it is images clip, cannot tell they really can play the instruments or not
According to articles, the K-On! VAs did play their own instruments. They were apparently cast with the requirement that they already be able to play somewhat -- and they've probably been practicing that one or two songs for a few months. In the clip, they sound about like any decent garage band that has been banging around on one or two tunes for a few months

Of course, I also note that Scandal's instrument work is pretty basic. Their rendition of "Don't Be Lazy" was musically seriously simplified. They have a ways to go before they match ZONE's technical skills (which weren't spectacular either to be honest).

I'm getting the feeling that Japanese are just still amazed that girls might play rock instruments.... Flashback to the U.S.'s early 'girl bands' like the Go-Gos, the Bangles, etc for some comparison.
More lessons, girls, eh?
Old 2009-08-18, 12:01   Link #359
onemadcow

Haven't done this in a couple weeks because getting numbers on some of the singles has been harder. My source for things out of the top 50 posts about a week after the numbers come out. In any case, here's the latest sales figures I can find for all of the K-On music:

Don't Say Lazy : 159729 total sales (current; was #54 for the week)
Cagayake! Girls : 143780 total sales (current; was #62 for the week)
Fuwafuwa Jikan : 77804 total sales (current, was not in top 100)
Mio Character Single : 51897 total sales (current, was not in top 100)
Yui Character Single : 50196 total sales (current, was not in top 100)
Death Devil - Maddy Candy : 12101 total sales (current, #9 for the week)
Hokago Tea Time : 96984 total sales (current; #18 for the week)

A couple of interesting things to note here. First off, the OP/ED singles actually saw a small boost in sales this week, 16 weeks into their run. Also, Yui's single has been outselling Mio's for the past couple of weeks and might eventually catch her. As of right now, all 5 singles are in the yearly top 100, ranging from 22 to 83. HTT is also in the yearly top 100 at 65, and will probably break the 100k sales mark this week. Here's hoping the next batch of character singles will give the older material a little boost when they come out next week!

Oh, and after calculating the figures I could get and accounting for about 900 copies each for this weeks sales of Mio, Yui & Fuwa, it appears that the gross sales for all K-On music has now gone over $8 million.

Last edited by onemadcow; 2009-08-25 at 11:26. Reason: Updates for Mio, Yui & Fuwa
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 06:26   Link #360
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemadcow View Post
Haven't done this in a couple weeks because getting numbers on some of the singles has been harder. My source for things out of the top 50 posts about a week after the numbers come out. In any case, here's the latest sales figures I can find for all of the K-On music:

Don't Say Lazy : 159729 total sales (current; was #54 for the week)
Cagayake! Girls : 143780 total sales (current; was #62 for the week)
Fuwafuwa Jikan : 77099 total sales (as of last week, may or may not be in top 100)
Mio Character Single : 51102 total sales (as of last week, may or may not be in top 100)
Yui Character Single : 49389 total sales (as of last week, may or may not be in top 100)
Death Devil - Maddy Candy : 12101 total sales (current, #9 for the week)
Hokago Tea Time : 96984 total sales (current; #18 for the week)

A couple of interesting things to note here. First off, the OP/ED singles actually saw a small boost in sales this week, 16 weeks into their run. Also, Yui's single has been outselling Mio's for the past couple of weeks and might eventually catch her. As of right now, all 5 singles are in the yearly top 100, ranging from 22 to 83. HTT is also in the yearly top 100 at 65, and will probably break the 100k sales mark this week. Here's hoping the next batch of character singles will give the older material a little boost when they come out next week!

Oh, and after calculating the figures I could get and accounting for about 900 copies each for this weeks sales of Mio, Yui & Fuwa, it appears that the gross sales for all K-On music has now gone over $8 million.
If the Bank Of Japan had huge deficits in a few of their clients bills, we know who to blame (the moekkos of K-ON!, not the fans). I was planning on getting all their albums and stopped short because I want to save for the figurines.

K-ON! merchandise should have a stock index coded MMK (named Moe Moe Kyun). It would bankrupt Nikkei if the manufacturers came up with a promotion the fans can't resist.