AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-25, 10:22   Link #201
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Old 2012-11-25, 12:39   Link #202
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Looks awesome and hopefully will be as fun as Bayonetta.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 15:18   Link #203
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Bayonetta was just a hack and slash, this is totally diffrent :P
Old 2012-11-25, 15:40   Link #204
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
-_- Doesn't make Bayonetta any less of a fun game especially since it's obvious that this will be as much as a hack and slash kind of game if you choose to play it as such which ALOT of people will.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 15:42   Link #205
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Regardless it was a lot of fun besides apart from the slow-mo cutting the gameplay doesn't really look all that different.

Old 2012-11-26, 00:28   Link #206
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
-_- Doesn't make Bayonetta any less of a fun game especially since it's obvious that this will be as much as a hack and slash kind of game if you choose to play it as such which ALOT of people will.
Nah the gameplay in Bayo was fun. but this isn't much of a hack and slash, its more of a MGS with jumping and melee fights and a dash of hack and slash.
Old 2012-11-26, 00:35   Link #207
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I wonder if we'll be able to upgrade Raiden with some form of Augmentation... You know, just for some customization
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 01:30   Link #208
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wonder if we'll be able to upgrade Raiden with some form of Augmentation... You know, just for some customization
We are expecting something similar to MGS4; namely, you get to steal an upgrade from each of the bosses you beat, much like Megaman/Rockman.
Old 2012-11-26, 15:31   Link #209
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

About morality, it looks like the plot deals with Raiden's views regarding murders and justice. In the demo, even if you want to avoid enemies there are times where you have to fight in order to save civilians attacked by Desperado's soldiers. Unless Raiden can go Kenshin there's no way to avoid deaths. It's kind of like the Solid games where regardless of your intentions the bosses had to die.

I will definitely going to buy it. The first time I watched the VGA trailer in 2011 I had mixed feeling as I did not expect big enemies or a good story the liveaction teasers and the "Wrong" trailer really felt like something Kojima Productions made.

Mr. Lightning Bolt approves.

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 16:03   Link #210
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
About morality, it looks like the plot deals with Raiden's views regarding murders and justice. In the demo, even if you want to avoid enemies there are times where you have to fight in order to save civilians attacked by Desperado's soldiers. Unless Raiden can go Kenshin there's no way to avoid deaths. It's kind of like the Solid games where regardless of your intentions the bosses had to die.

I will definitely going to buy it. The first time I watched the VGA trailer in 2011 I had mixed feeling as I did not expect big enemies or a good story the liveaction teasers and the "Wrong" trailer really felt like something Kojima Productions made.

Mr. Lightning Bolt approves.

Liveaction trailer? Where? I musta missed it
Old 2012-11-26, 18:36   Link #211
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Liveaction trailer? Where? I musta missed it
There were a couple of live action trailers depicting Raiden as he's going through surgery, he flashes back to his childhood... that's what I remember anyway....
Old 2012-11-26, 19:31   Link #212
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There were a couple of live action trailers depicting Raiden as he's going through surgery, he flashes back to his childhood... that's what I remember anyway....

In the flashbacks we see Solidus torturing a guy and telling Raiden (who is not seen) how good is it to kill others with a sharp object. When awakening Raiden is mad and demands somebody's presence (probably Solidus or Samuel). There was also one video with only audio featuring a politician talking about The Sons of Liberty.

The tagline of these teasers was "Make it Right" and were titled after parts of Raiden's body. Video game publications were sent Raiden's lost arm alongside the video. Weird marketing Konami.

I think this image is from 1UP.com

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2012-11-26 at 21:07. Reason: image info
Old 2012-11-26, 21:18   Link #213
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post

I can definitely see the possibility that you have a chance to merely remove limbs of enemies. The problem is it seems they explode after the fact anyway, likely to lighten the memory requirements. It would also mean you can't heal yourself.

There might be a "not one drop" mode. As in Raiden, being a cyborg vampire, might deliberately not remove any robot spines the whole game.
Old 2012-11-26, 23:00   Link #214
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the whole exploding thing is a memory erasing thing maybe. like the frogs in 4.
Old 2012-11-26, 23:08   Link #215
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

the whole story here is Justice with a Vengence by the sword of Raiden.

the only thing here is that all that upgrades and they couldn't give him another normal looking eye. lol Guess they wanted the "Big Boss" one eye look for all MG characters.
Old 2012-11-26, 23:14   Link #216
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Maybe its Snakes bandana? /shrug I got no idea why its there either lol
Old 2012-11-27, 04:20   Link #217
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
the only thing here is that all that upgrades and they couldn't give him another normal looking eye.
Out of stocks... You'll be surprised how often that can happen
Old 2012-11-27, 13:29   Link #218
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
the whole story here is Justice with a Vengence by the sword of Raiden.
You mean "Revenge with a Vengeance".

I'm curious about Raiden's personality. In the demo Raiden was carefree when talking with his codec partners and had his funny moments like when he has to tell Kevin the meaning of "Lightning Bolt" (he mentions Snake in that conversation).

In the VGA 2011, a tagline was "Return of the Ripper" referencing Raiden's sadistic nature in Liberia's civil war and it ended with Raiden going Jack the Ripper.

Also, it looks Raiden's mission will cover several countries such as Mexico where he becomes Sombrero Raiden and says "Adios amigos." I really hope the game won't be full of confusing twists since it's a spinoff.
Old 2012-12-07, 19:37   Link #219
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

2 new gameplay videos:

The music is cheesy IMO

and some impressions regarding the game:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/07...ng-revengeance
Old 2012-12-07, 19:58   Link #220
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I played through the demo I got with the ZOE HD collection and its fun to play and I am looking forward to playing through the full game however there are a few things I'm not overly fond off like the lack of any dodge function which seems a bit odd in a game like this and the controls can feel counter intuitive at times especially things like double jumping up walls.

There is an ability to parry but it doesn't really seem to work that well and even though I was timing it right more often than not or at least the very vague explanation you get doesn't do a great job of informing you exactly how to use it properly as well as there being little to tell you which attacks can and cannot be parried.