AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 23:05   Link #281
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And yet anther annoying guy and a very slow start
Old 2012-01-10, 01:12   Link #282
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
KoreZon, Monogatari, Kaibutsu Oujo, and Shana indeed have like DxD a protagonist that can not die, and is subject to abuse from his harem. At least, in the first two those harems are composed of interesting characters, instead of just two pairs of censored assets. If one removes the undying protagonist the same troupe is present in most recent harem anime.
Undying? There is a difference between did not die and can not die. Just because Issei was saved twice by Rias doesn't mean he has crazy self-healing powers.
How do you know that Issei suffers abuse from his harem?

Quote:
Originally, I mentioned Horizon because its and DxD's protagonists share the uncanny ability to form a harem, despite being useless jerks that talk way too much.
How does Aoi Toori have a harem when all he wants is one girl and isn't an indecisive main lead caught in competing affections?

Quote:
As for Horizon's rich setting, it would have been nice if it did not take 6 hours to stitch cool, yet random ideas together through boring monologues and an army of fanboys posting explanation after explanation. Simply put, DxD through action, dialogue, and gainaxing presented a more coherent and equally rich setting within 20 minutes.
That sounds like you found Horizon less accessible. On the other hand, "equally rich setting" is fairly subjective. I like High School DxD's setting but there are far fewer details that need to be explained in order to understand the story.

Quote:
And that's all; only slept in the same bed, like a baby with its mom
Considering he was recovering from a fatal wound on his stomach, he was most likely unconscious.
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 02:57   Link #283
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

And now I've found the show to fulfil my needs now that C^3 has ended

In all seriousness though.....this looks quite fun....I love that protag's style...imagine Sugisaki Ken in an action role...
Old 2012-01-10, 05:57   Link #284
n0m@n
C-Z

New PV for the loli girls are out.

The measurements are
Asia 78-55-81
Koneko 67-57-73.
Old 2012-01-10, 06:19   Link #285
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is it just me or have I really seen Yuuma's face in a different anime before?
Can't say which one though.
As for my my thougths on this particular anime:
The story sounds good, though destroyed by unecessary fanservice like the scene with said fallen angel at the park well.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 08:41   Link #286
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

^--- To Love Ru's Rito?
Quote:
That's why lolicons are so clever
Aha, so that's why I'm.... wait a minute. If I acknowledge either of those, I'm shooting myself in the foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
New PV for the loli girls are out.

The measurements are
Asia 78-55-81
Koneko 67-57-73.
lol continuing the trend of last season, my questions are once again being answered much quicker than I would have thought. And, the other question I had, was what is version 2 about? Well, character art Version 2 is online, and more Yuuma goodness awaits you (I won't post the pic here, but going to the flash page will give you an AS friendly slightly nsfw view at Yuuma's glory )

But here's some things I can post, the rest of Version 2!

I love that cape-wearing, long haired glasses girl

Oh shuckle, just what I feared. The guys get in on the fun too, but do I see a ponytail? Do I?

Yes! I see another ponytail girl, and she's down to her underwear too!
Spoiler for mangatron's new waifu is stripping and NSFW!:

Oh look Shimapan, there's some shimapan in this series for you too!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 09:12   Link #287
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
And yet anther annoying guy and a very slow start
Really? The guy isn't exactly the most appealing lead, but he's definitely far from being annoying. He's just another high school student trying to enjoy what life has to offer. I genuinely felt sad when his dream of having a girlfriend and "healthy" relationship was utterly shattered. Can't blame him for being obsessed with breasts though. It's perfectly normal around that age. XD

I believe the pacing was just right. It's just the first episode after all. D=
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 11:00   Link #288
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Am I the only one who thinks that Yuuma-chan really is fond of Isse, and bore no hatred to him even as she killed him? It COULD have come across as "a cat playing with a crippled mouse", but she displayed a surprising lack of malice and sarcasm when she stated that she'll treasure his gift and the memories he gave her, something she didn't really need to do to someone she's sent to murder. It felt like she wanted to actually soften the impact of his death, almost as if she is somehow genuine fond of him.

Her cuteness might have rattled my brain , but it really felt like she was just following orders, and was fond of him in spite of them.

Ah, the wishful thinking inspired by a cute face.

In any case, I have a feeling she will be returning and playing a pivotal part in the plot in the near future.
Old 2012-01-10, 11:15   Link #289
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ I also harbor no hatred for the fish, chickens, pigs, and cows that I eat, neither for the dogs and cats that I poke, nor for the bugs, rats, and lizards that I kill

Pick one (or even multiple) and you have Issei's character in a nutshell
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 11:16   Link #290
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Yuuma-chan really is fond of Isse, and bore no hatred to him even as she killed him? It COULD have come across as "a cat playing with a crippled mouse", but she displayed a surprising lack of malice and sarcasm when she stated that she'll treasure his gift and the memories he gave her, something she didn't really need to do to someone she's sent to murder. It felt like she wanted to actually soften the impact of his death, almost as if she is somehow genuine fond of him.

Her cuteness might have rattled my brain , but it really felt like she was just following orders, and was fond of him in spite of them.

In any case, I have a feeling she will be returning and playing a pivotal part in the plot in the near future.
I wish too.....
Old 2012-01-10, 11:18   Link #291
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I love that cape-wearing, long haired glasses girl
Aren't they all wearing some sort of mini-cape? Though her hair is so long and cut so evenly at the bottom that it does look like a cape.
Quote:
Yes! I see another ponytail girl, and she's down to her underwear too!
Spoiler for mangatron's new waifu is stripping and NSFW!:
Actually, she appeared around 2:27 with a slightly better view in episode 1, though the ponytail was less noticeable at first glance.
Old 2012-01-10, 16:56   Link #292
mangatron

Quote:
Yeah, I so fell for her breasts I mean beauty (darn typo, why do those two words have similar letters). I too like to think she isn't really all bad, I mean, why date him if she was going to kill him anyways? Sure it could be one of those "don't underestimate your opponent" kind of things or the "know your opponent" approach, but she seriously would have succeeded has she just poked him when they first met, eliminating the chance later on of him acquiring the paper portal

Still holding out hope she's one of those bad-turned-good villains that like to join a harem
Quote:
and cows that I eat,
Our Fat vs Milk debate says otherwise. What do you have against the milk?!? (Yeah, I know, I know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Aren't they all wearing some sort of mini-cape? Though her hair is so long and cut so evenly at the bottom that it does look like a cape.
Ah, so I really was tired still like her though, I wonder what her personality is like, tsundere, icey, klutz...

I've still got one beef with this academy, and getting more clearer looks at the girls, I've concluded this academy really hates zettai ryouiki WHERE ARE THE THIGH-HIGH KNEE SOCKS *sobs uncontrollably*
Quote:
Actually, she appeared around 2:27 with a slightly better view in episode 1, though the ponytail was less noticeable at first glance.
Ja, but now I get to see her in her underwear *runs*
Old 2012-01-10, 17:39   Link #293
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Just finished reading Vol 2 and the parts of Vol 3 as wel as parts of 1(Already read those parts in the manga) I could read, and i'm actually pissed now. I was before, after reading the manga pages but, I'm even more now

The difference between Anime and Manga actually having a great impact on characters like Yuuma, at least in terms of appearance... (She didn't magical girl transform into a fallen angel with revealing clothes but just spread wings instead)

As for the Yuuma-Issei relationship:
You will find out later.

I really hope it will get a second season though. The story development is, to describe it with one word, awesome.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-01-11 at 03:41.
Old 2012-01-10, 18:04   Link #294
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
(She didn't magical girl transform into a fallen angel with revealing clothes but just spread wings instead)
An age old question back in the day used to be "what's the difference between the Anime version and the manga?", and while that may still be asked these days, I definitely would use DxD as an example here.

One thing I like to see is animators taking liberties in being able to animate something static in a really awesome way, like for example boobies *cough* but more importantly, I felt that Yuuma's transformation scene in the anime increased and enhanced the desparity of the situation, in motion I firmly believe if she had just sprouted wings and said "die", it would have considerably less impact, and.... less boobies *runs*
Old 2012-01-10, 18:44   Link #295
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Her face in the Manga definitely made up for the lack of transformation;
If you believe the rest of the scene to be 'OMG he is screwed' probably depends on whether you know the MMO 'Mabinogi', as she resembles the Game's Goddess of war for a moment.

Anime/Manga/Novel difference could be something good for this anime though, as there appears to be a certain 'error' regarding the number of archdemons in the novel. ( intended or not is hard to say though).

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-01-10 at 19:01.
Old 2012-01-10, 19:28   Link #296
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tits... tits everywhere! Now this is my kinda show! Boobs, action and violence!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 00:58   Link #297
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Ja, but now I get to see her in her underwear *runs*
But that is the peeking scene when she is in her underwear...
With "slightly" better exposure because the bra is unclasped.
Hence, "slightly better view".

Quote:
An age old question back in the day used to be "what's the difference between the Anime version and the manga?", and while that may still be asked these days, I definitely would use DxD as an example here.
Considering there wasn't a Rias shower scene this early in the story, I expect many liberties the anime will take to be improvements of the same manner.
Though there isn't any canonical Akeno nudity in the first two volumes (which is what I suspect this season will span), let's keep our fingers crossed and hope the anime gets creative in that regard.
Old 2012-01-11, 01:47   Link #298
EroKing

From the ED looks like he will get his harem, lucky dog ;__;

And boy if you think this is ecchi wait till the 1st episode of the Holy Knight OVA (release in March).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Tits... tits everywhere! Now this is my kinda show! Boobs, action and violence!
Let's be BFFs
Old 2012-01-11, 02:10   Link #299
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

The way I see it she knows he is a nice guy. She is just a villain who isn't in denial and knows that what she is doing is wrong, and wants him to know she is killing him despite the nice date they just had.

A Psychopath, in other words.
Old 2012-01-11, 02:14   Link #300
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
But that is the peeking scene when she is in her underwear...
With "slightly" better exposure because the bra is unclasped.
Hence, "slightly better view".

Considering there wasn't a Rias shower scene this early in the story, I expect many liberties the anime will take to be improvements of the same manner.
Though there isn't any canonical Akeno nudity in the first two volumes (which is what I suspect this season will span), let's keep our fingers crossed and hope the anime gets creative in that regard.
The second volumes afterword says that the author wants to write a novel high school students are too embarrassed to buy. Might get your hopes up

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-01-11 at 02:33.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen