Send a message via Yahoo to ichii
are those blades sharp?
Old 2006-10-12, 10:34   Link #62
Flashdance
Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichii View Post
are those blades sharp?
It doesnt matter, because you could always sharpen them, couldnt you?
Old 2006-10-12, 17:06   Link #63
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually if you sharpen the bankai, it will scrape off the black surface.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-12, 17:21   Link #64
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Actually if you sharpen the bankai, it will scrape off the black surface.
I never tough of that…well, You can always find a good black Spray
Old 2006-10-15, 14:53   Link #65
Masashi
Hey..Where's my...oh crap

Send a message via AIM to Masashi Send a message via MSN to Masashi
Holy crap, well, I saw a few swords that ship to canada so i'm half way there,
where did I put my wallet? -goes and searches- While i'm searching, I shall think of funny and ironic ways to use these swords.

I believe someone mentioned getting his outfit and carrying the sword out and if cops ask you what your doing you say, "What!?! You can see me?? You must be close to death, ok tell me where the hollow is" then you get sent to a mental hospital.

$5 they shoot me first <x]
Old 2006-10-15, 17:04   Link #66
Ero-Espada

Yea i saw these swords advertised somewhere (i cant remember where) i seriously wanna buy Sephiroths sword off of there. A friend of mine bought a 'The Last Samurai' movie replica sword off there and he says its really good quality.
Old 2006-10-18, 11:21   Link #67
Tensa Zangetsu X
Real Sword Smith

Send a message via AIM to Tensa Zangetsu X
if your planning one swinging it around i wouldn't recommend you to buy anything stainless steel but if your buying it for display only then i would recommend checking out ebay, sworddemon.com, swordsswords.com or trueswords.com
Old 2006-10-18, 11:23   Link #68
Tensa Zangetsu X
Real Sword Smith

Quote:
What do u guys think of this shikai zangetsu ?

it has a length 52" width 6" blade 46" comes with sheath and stand. (so it says). , found at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...205704?ie=UTF8

and i realy want a shikai zangetsu so i was wondering if the replicas they have like besides the one above and that one if there any good , and were is the best place to buy it, ex. topswords.com , trueswords.com, amazon.com , toysnjoys.com,

been a tuff decision so i could use some help thnkx

if your planning one swinging it around i wouldn't recommend you to buy anything stainless steel but if your buying it for display only then i would recommend checking out ebay, sworddemon.com, swordsswords.com or trueswords.com
Old 2006-10-19, 00:18   Link #69
matsuno

Actually, if your planning to swing around a sword for some technical use with a friend, then blunted blades, which have no edge and made of Carbon steel is the preferred weapon of choise. As even with Carbon steel, the blade can chip and such and having a metal splinter or such catch you on an opening is not the nicest thing at all. Overall, you would be best with fencing Epées or with Kendo swords. Theres nothing wrong with them if you really intend to hit another with it.

Like these people have stated, for even just swinging around CArbon Steel is the way to go, but lets make one thing clear, at least for Canada, carrying a large visible weapon is a criminal offence in and of itself, and the only exception is a liscence to use it, and to use it in a sanctioned area.
Old 2006-10-19, 01:32   Link #70
optics

Those are hella kool, I'm gonna have to order one of those one day. I saw a Master Sword replica the other day on someones site, but it looks better than the one on the site.

Ichigo's sword = 3 1/2 feet = only!?
Old 2006-10-19, 01:33   Link #71
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
Those are hella kool, I'm gonna have to order one of those one day. I saw a Master Sword replica the other day on someones site, but it looks better than the one on the site.

Ichigo's sword = 3 1/2 feet = only!?
Yes... 7 feet would be too costly.
Old 2006-10-19, 01:36   Link #72
optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheBlade View Post
Yes... 7 feet would be too costly.
aha I'd pay double to get one 7 feet

I wonder if they can make Tidus's sword from FFX.... yenno the one with the water blade aha
Old 2006-10-19, 22:12   Link #73
Tensa Zangetsu X
Real Sword Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuno View Post
Actually, if your planning to swing around a sword for some technical use with a friend, then blunted blades, which have no edge and made of Carbon steel is the preferred weapon of choise. As even with Carbon steel, the blade can chip and such and having a metal splinter or such catch you on an opening is not the nicest thing at all. Overall, you would be best with fencing Epées or with Kendo swords. Theres nothing wrong with them if you really intend to hit another with it.

Like these people have stated, for even just swinging around CArbon Steel is the way to go, but lets make one thing clear, at least for Canada, carrying a large visible weapon is a criminal offence in and of itself, and the only exception is a liscence to use it, and to use it in a sanctioned area.
actually a blunt carbon steel blade wont splinter or crack given that its of higher content such as 1075 carbon steel, 1080 carbon steel, 1090 carbon steel and 5160 and that heat treatment and tempering is also done correctly. I've made a bunch of blunt swords because most people speciffically martial artists use them more for Kata ( practicing of any martial arts forms is known as kata) excersizes unless they are doing cutting excersizes. stainless steel swords arent for swinging around at all, in the sword world we call them " wall hangers" or " SLO's"( SLo means " sword like object") and can fall apart on you or worse.
Old 2006-10-19, 22:15   Link #74
Tensa Zangetsu X
Real Sword Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
aha I'd pay double to get one 7 feet

I wonder if they can make Tidus's sword from FFX.... yenno the one with the water blade aha
an actual replica much better than the stainless crapys ones floating around on ebay can be made but it would weigh too much and you would strain yourself trying to lift it. the water blade your talkign about is called " the brotherhood".

Last edited by Tensa Zangetsu X; 2006-10-19 at 22:29.
Old 2006-10-23, 17:41   Link #75
Supreme1

Heh, to tell you the truth i bought one of the Ichigo Bankai swords. I received it about a week ago and it is very tall and well made i am 6,3 and this thing has to be 6 foot 2 probably, Although the blades quite dull i am thinking of sharpening it sometime soon just the pain will be getting the black coating back on it.
Old 2006-10-26, 09:29   Link #76
Tensa Zangetsu X
Real Sword Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme1 View Post
Heh, to tell you the truth i bought one of the Ichigo Bankai swords. I received it about a week ago and it is very tall and well made i am 6,3 and this thing has to be 6 foot 2 probably, Although the blades quite dull i am thinking of sharpening it sometime soon just the pain will be getting the black coating back on it.
actually its not well made at all, i am 6'3 too and the sword is only 5 foot 8 inches tall, the blade is 50 inches long and the handle is 18 inches long cause in total the whole sword length is 68 inches, i ordered one of these swords for myself and actually i broke the blade in half within less than 30 minutes of owning it, its not well made, no stainless steel sword is well made, the habaki is all bent out of shape the tsuba has dents in it from the habaki and the blade snapped into 3 pieces, now im gonna keep the Fuchi and Kashira from the handle of the sword and im going to make my own version that will be made of 5160 high carbon steel and when i am finished forging it im going to send it off to be black powder coat painted along with some seppa, a better tsuba that will look exactly like the swastika tsuba that the sword came with and i'll have it powder coat painted and the habaki too and then i will post pictures of it if you guys would like, i will post step by step of the sword being forged.
Old 2006-10-26, 09:49   Link #77
Tensa Zangetsu X
Real Sword Smith

on another note i also bought the cosplay Bankai costume off of ebay, here are the pictures from the ebay i bought it from
Old 2006-10-27, 01:46   Link #78
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha

Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
That is actually not a bad costume at all. Since you're buying it off ebay, it may not fit quite right, but the look is nice. Personally though, I'd rip and fray the ends of the jacket a bit more to get more of the look the actual outfit has.

Also, how are you supposed to keep the bottom of the jacket open? Safety pins? or is there something else included to hold it open like Ichigo has it?
Old 2006-10-27, 16:38   Link #79
Tensa Zangetsu X
Real Sword Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomang5 View Post
That is actually not a bad costume at all. Since you're buying it off ebay, it may not fit quite right, but the look is nice. Personally though, I'd rip and fray the ends of the jacket a bit more to get more of the look the actual outfit has.

Also, how are you supposed to keep the bottom of the jacket open? Safety pins? or is there something else included to hold it open like Ichigo has it?
there isnt a way to keep it open but i got an idea and actually i had to modifie the Hakama from the costume cause the guy who made it gave it velcro sides which is totally wrong and i cut those off then folded the areas where i cut off and sewed those, and as for keeping the coat open you can always take two clothes hangers and straighten them out and then open the seem where the white line is and then stick the hangers in the white line and then sew it back up, but im not worried about keeping it open
Old 2006-10-28, 05:55   Link #80
Shabazza
transcendental

I hope you just buy them for visuals and don't even consider swinging them around like "OMG I'M SO STRONG. LOOK AT ME. I'M AN ATTENTION WHORE"
Closed Thread