AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 07:51   Link #3081
Wigwams

question, is there a way for your 1-2-3-4 spells to be spam'd by just pressing and holding the key? coz right now i need to press it repeatedly... press and hold would make it easier.
Old 2012-07-06, 07:55   Link #3082
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
question, is there a way for your 1-2-3-4 spells to be spam'd by just pressing and holding the key? coz right now i need to press it repeatedly... press and hold would make it easier.
I know that certain skills can be spammed by holding down their respective number keys - I remember doing so for my Wizard's Frost Ray when I assigned it to #3. Depends whether the skill can be spammed initially I guess.

Also, I think I may be doing something completely wrong with my Monk. He's in ACT III Nightmare, and yet he only has 1600 DPS, and 9000 health.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 09:13   Link #3083
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, I think I may be doing something completely wrong with my Monk. He's in ACT III Nightmare, and yet he only has 1600 DPS, and 9000 health.
All your items are not stat-based, but mitigation and regeneration-based?
Old 2012-07-06, 09:30   Link #3084
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
All your items are not stat-based, but mitigation and regeneration-based?
Well, all of my items that have sockets have Emeralds on them for the dex bonus. I suppose I placed a lot more emphasis on Vit, and for reasons of principle I only use Fist Weapons on my monk, both having around 100 DPS w/ Rubies.

Still, I remember my Wizard having a lot more DPS than that when she was in Nightmare ACT III, and that was before I started using the Auction House.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:51   Link #3085
Ryusiangel

well so far this game is so addicting i just bought this on tuesday after i tried it at my boyfriends house, i'm hoping they add updates to it and more lvls and difficulty later on, don't know if they will, i got 4 guest pass and i dont' need them and have nobody that wants them so if the first 4 people pm me i will gladly give these guest pass codes
Old 2012-07-07, 18:52   Link #3086
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Funny how despite having expanded the storage space to three tabs and to its maximum space, I'm still accumulating more stuff than I can properly use. I've been pretty much forced to make new characters just to store (or even use -- see all the Dex items I have which a Daemonhunter can equip too) the extra stuff.
Old 2012-07-08, 16:31   Link #3087
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Playing hardcore atm, since the softcore game is just completely trash at the moment. I'm starting to really agree with Vallen, even though our situations aren't the same. But it's really the same parallel if I were to enter content that remotely challenges me. Sure, if you massively overgear Inferno Act 1/2, have fun farming it. But that's the problem. If you enter an area that's remotely challenging for you, aka one that doesn't cause you to want to put a weight on your mouse, you get punished severely for it. What's the point? Blizzard's so obsessed with restricting you to where you "should" be. Honestly, fuck off, and stop fucking with the game like that. Let me decide where I want to be without you arbitrarily assigning what is basically a regressive tax to progress. And nope, I'm not dying wherever the hell I was farming, unless I alt-tab out to talk to someone to complain.

Also, the game having 4 difficulties is quite a lie. Normal, by and far, is a waste of time. It's there to rather slowly teach you stuff like how to breathe while they could have done the same had it been a bit harder. Inferno, is of course also a waste of time in the same way, except it's at the end, and teaches you nothing. Then of course, if the game designers didn't know how the fuck to play their own game, how could they?

I've said this time and again, but they could play their own game before tampering with it.

Until then, off to experience some random excitement before their servers take a shit and it all ends.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:34   Link #3088
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I think burnout (after trying to blast through Inferno Act 3) is starting to set in. These days, I'm only tempted to try advancing through the Act if the rest of my friends are on. Otherwise, I just focus on leveling alternate characters, because it's actually more fun playing those (well that, and I'm not really comfortable just making loot mules).
Old 2012-07-09, 03:03   Link #3089
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I have a serious game question:
I have stacks and stacks of Perfect Square gems. What is the most profitable way to get rid of them?'
Sell to vendors? No one buys them in the AH. Spend millions combining them, and THEN find no one willing to buy them?

What do you do with 300+ PS Gems?
Old 2012-07-09, 03:16   Link #3090
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I have a serious game question:
I have stacks and stacks of Perfect Square gems. What is the most profitable way to get rid of them?'
Sell to vendors? No one buys them in the AH. Spend millions combining them, and THEN find no one willing to buy them?

What do you do with 300+ PS Gems?
Well, you can donate 3 or 4 of ur PS (especially Emerald) to me...

Just venture into Act III Inferno. Eventhough i can take 4-5 hit in Act II, but i am can only survive for 1 hit in Act III... Looks like i will stuck forever in Act II...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 03:21   Link #3091
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

The question is: Why do you combine so many gems in the first place? I only combine them when I have sockets to put them in.

About selling them, here is the order from the most to the least sellable:
- Emerald: Crit, Gold find
- Amethyst: Life on hit, Life%
- Topaz: Magic find
- Ruby: Sorry, this one sucks
Old 2012-07-09, 03:22   Link #3092
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Well, you can donate 3 or 4 of ur PS (especially Emerald) to me...

Just venture into Act III Inferno. Eventhough i can take 4-5 hit in Act II, but i am can only survive for 1 hit in Act III... Looks like i will stuck forever in Act II...
Error: I only had flawless squares.

Assuming you are on the US server, I am happy to give you a stack. Beats me how though. What do I have to do to get in the same game? You might have realised that I don't play multiplayer.
Quote:
The question is: Why do you combine so many gems in the first place? I only combine them when I have sockets to put them in.
Combining them? What are you talking about, all my PS gems are from drops. Everything worse is just vendored.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-07-09 at 03:38.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 03:32   Link #3093
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

You mean Flawless Square then, because Perfect Square doesn't drop
Old 2012-07-09, 03:36   Link #3094
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
You mean Flawless Square then, because Perfect Square doesn't drop
My fault. Sorry. Guess people probably think I am a billionaire for being able to afford 300 perfect squares...
Old 2012-07-09, 03:42   Link #3095
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
My fault. Sorry. Guess people probably think I am a billionaire for being able to afford 300 perfect squares...
Actually one of my first thoughts was, "He blew over 9 million gold combining gems and rants about being poor?!" All in good humour of course.

Natch.
Old 2012-07-09, 04:01   Link #3096
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Actually one of my first thoughts was, "He blew over 9 million gold combining gems and rants about being poor?!" All in good humour of course.

Natch.
I just want to say thank you for the hint on selling crafting materials earlier. I am finally making money at a reasonable rate to be able to buy stuff. Mind you, that's in combination with +260% gold-find gear that took me two weeks and 5 million gold to assemble.
Old 2012-07-09, 04:10   Link #3097
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Wait, you spent 5 million gold to find more gold? I dunno, that's about half the value of all the gear I have, maybe more.

I'll buy 10 P Square Amethysts from you for 360k though.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-09, 04:17   Link #3098
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Wait, you spent 5 million gold to find more gold? I dunno, that's about half the value of all the gear I have, maybe more.

I'll buy 10 P Square Amethysts from you for 360k though.
Gold find is the only way I could reliably get money to buy gear. My gameplay is not as good as it can be so I die too often against Champions.

On the plus side, I can consistently get half a million a night now. It takes money to get money.

And as I mentioned earlier, I mistaken flawless squares for perfect squares. So sorry about that.
Old 2012-07-09, 04:30   Link #3099
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well the thing is with that kind of gold, you could have bought a set for act 1 which happens to have decent gold find. I have like 50% for my combat gear and can swap for 20% more. I am lazy and prefer gf/mf to be native to my main gear. And it's fine, since gear > skill anyways. But what's done is done, and now you can get what you want. Hopefully the game won't be as boring.

Oh flawless squares. That's less appealing I guess. >.> I really don't know what to do with them. Just stop picking them up, I say.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-09, 06:03   Link #3100
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Actually FS Emeralds can be sold for around 1k each (check the AH to know the exact price).
The others, well, just vendor them.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler