AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-04, 09:46   Link #301
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Wow Roxanne is really unbelievably shitty in her personality. Well done on making her a pretty good villain
Old 2011-10-04, 10:16   Link #302
Elandyll

To the people who are "glad" that Clare (the main protagonist) is out of the way...

You guys do realize that Yagi took her out of the story not only in a cheap way (in a blob with her nemesis), but to top it off did it OUT OF STORY CONTINUITY!

At the end of chapter 105, we see a gigantic black cloud surrounding Pris. We are set up for the fight of the millennia inside that cloud, between Destroyer-Clare and Pris.
Remember, this is the showdown we have been set up for and waiting for (at least for those who like Clare's story - again, the main protagonist-), since chapter 23 (we did not know of Clare's motivations before that).

Then, chapter 106 rolls in... nothing. Miria's Arc (still ongoing today) begins, with the attack on the org. We in fact do not hear anything about Clare's situation until the very end of chapter 108, and finally see the cocoon in chapter 109, just to be told that Clare, the Destroyer and Pris are "in there".

Closure? Zero.

In response to raphael, leaving Clare "in there indefinitely" without ever providing more backstory would be the greatest spitting in the face of fans I would have ever seen, so no, I do not expect to see that from Yagi. Hopefully I am right on this one.
Old 2011-10-04, 13:23   Link #303
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphetto View Post
There may be a connection with Roxanne's and Unnamed Best Friend's numbers both
being 35, but leave the time travelling be, lol.

I am sorry I am too busy with work I cannot provide a translation but I can
clarify a few points:

- Cassandra is holding the head of the weak awakened being that dismembered and
raped her friend.

- Roxanne was number 2 at the time of the infamous awakened being hunt. Her number/strenght,
the fact that 3 out of the 4 Claymores in the group made it back without a scratch and
Cassandra's friend was left to her gruesome end implies Rox ignored her on purpose.

- During her rampage Cass lost a leg, an arm and an eye before reaching Roxanne, but
her speed did not drop a bit! Her movement was stopped by the Blade of Evil. After that the other
soldiers made mince of her.

- As Cass is the narrator of the flashback, she explains that during her attack she would not cut
fellow Claymores (other than Rox) while accepting the fact that they would cut her to pieces.

One of the best characters IMO.
This explains why she was so easily disposed of even though she was considered as someone stronger than Roxanne.
Old 2011-10-04, 13:36   Link #304
Rigald
Snooping as usual ...

Hello guys.
Firstly, I'm totally new here.
I'm just a fan of claymore, and I've often read this forum after(or before) reading the latest chapters, so I registered ..

So, enough about me.

I haven't read all the pages of this thread .. Since they're multiplying like rabbits.
But I believe not much was mentioned on that.

I think Raftela's ability has much to do with what happened to Cassandra, since it has to do with digging up memories.
Do you think her ability had a chance to affect Cassandra to the extend of opening her old wounds? :|
Old 2011-10-04, 13:48   Link #305
BleachFan2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigald View Post
Hello guys.
Firstly, I'm totally new here.
I'm just a fan of claymore, and I've often read this forum after(or before) reading the latest chapters, so I registered ..

So, enough about me.

I haven't read all the pages of this thread .. Since they're multiplying like rabbits.
But I believe not much was mentioned on that.

I think Raftela's ability has much to do with what happened to Cassandra, since it has to do with digging up memories.
Do you think her ability had a chance to affect Cassandra to the extend of opening her old wounds? :|
it could be possible

but i was thinking that because cassandras mind has remembered her death the wounds she received from that time have opened so maybe her yoki will return to what it was back then causing her to awaken (does that make sense??)
Old 2011-10-04, 14:09   Link #306
Nixl

Man, I loved reading this chapter in English...oh wait. Nevermind.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:16   Link #307
Gooral
Banned

Maybe we will have translation next month, along with 120 chapter. Or none at all since there won't be anyone interested in Claymore enough to translate it ;P. With every chapter I see more readers annoyed with Claymore and it's current chapters.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:32   Link #308
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Maybe we will have translation next month, along with 120 chapter. Or none at all since there won't be anyone interested in Claymore enough to translate it ;P. With every chapter I see more readers annoyed with Claymore and it's current chapters.
That's..nice?
Old 2011-10-04, 14:40   Link #309
haegar
mangaviking

lol at gooral

but you gotta admit that even to you this last chap has not so many of the weaknesses you criticised in recent chaps, rite? I mean he is making good use of Roxy and Cassy apparently and this IS a moving story and diverse new characters he brings in, current limited relevance for main plot development nonewithstanding
Old 2011-10-04, 14:43   Link #310
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
lol at gooral

but you gotta admit that even to you this last chap has not so many of the weaknesses you criticised in recent chaps, rite? I mean he is making good use of Roxy and Cassy apparently and this IS a moving story and diverse new characters he brings in, current limited relevance for main plot development nonewithstanding
I would not think Gooral would be a fan of this chapter. The reason he disliked Miria 107 +was because she was not being perfect and practical and it did not seem like Cassandra was being practical when she fought Roxanne with the claymores in the room.

edit: Both Fallout 1 and System Shock 2 reufse to work on my PC, fml.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:48   Link #311
haegar
mangaviking

don't make such mean jokes at his expense, he migth surpise you There is a difference between Miria being practical to achieve her goals and Cassy being practical about a psycho range, too btw
Old 2011-10-04, 14:49   Link #312
Gooral
Banned

Yeah, I liked this chapter. The plot was very simple and I like simple. When Yagi sticks to simple solutions he doesn't make mistakes and I have nothing to nitpick. I prefer simple, predictable story over less predictable but one that doesn't make sense.

@Nixl
I didn't dislike Miria chapters because Miria wasn't perfect. If you really think that, it's pointless to repeat myself since you will misinterpret what I say anyway.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:53   Link #313
haegar
mangaviking

see? see? see? he liked it
*hugs goraal*

we should grouphug to get over the aggravation of nochap btw ...
j/k
Old 2011-10-04, 14:53   Link #314
Nixl

Quote:
Yeah, I liked this chapter. The plot was very simple and I like simple. When Yagi sticks to simple solutions he doesn't make mistakes and I have nothing to nitpick. I prefer simple, predictable story over less predictable but one that doesn't make sense.

@Nixl
I didn't dislike Miria chapters because Miria wasn't perfect. If you really think that, it's pointless to repeat myself since you will misinterpret what I say anyway.
Gooral you concluded that "she could have done better." I do not know how else to interpret that. That opens up a gigantic leap. You stopped posting and never clarified what was meant by that.

Gooral, I don't want to misinterpret you, but how else can that be interpreted when you left it off with that statement

edit: And I do not remember you really accepting the idea that Miria was not emotionally ready to risk awakening during Pieta, so it seemed like a matter of Miria not acting in object practical terms to Rigardo.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-10-04 at 15:03.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:55   Link #315
haegar
mangaviking

anyways, this waiting is killing me. I have decided that if I go for a one hour walk now, at the time of my return, the chap will be there. Lez see how that works out ...
edit: we just got D-GrayMAN chap instead... wooohoo. ok I'll be out for two hours ^^
Old 2011-10-04, 14:58   Link #316
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
anyways, this waiting is killing me. I have decided that if I go for a one hour walk now, at the time of my return, the chap will be there. Lez see how that works out ...
edit: we just got D-GrayMAN chap instead... wooohoo. ok I'll be out for two hours ^^
I thought the author was busted for plagiarizing a character. Did she just pay a fine?

edit: Ugh, IEM Guangzhou Sc2 matches are underwhelming.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-10-04 at 15:11.
Old 2011-10-04, 15:10   Link #317
Gooral
Banned

@Nixl
Short version is, I agree with Elandyll. When I said "she could have done better" I meant Pieta mainly and her reason why she didn't just tell everyone to escape. I didn't dislike chapter 107 though, in fact I was one of the few that was defending Yagi. But that was before he resurrected her and made her reckless and stupid attack work out perfectly. As for later chapters (especially the latest one), it was a short time ago and you should remember what were my complaints (and if not you won't need much digging to know it. I don't have time to repeat myself).
Old 2011-10-04, 15:13   Link #318
Nixl

Quote:
@Nixl
Short version is, I agree with Elandyll. When I said "she could have done better" I meant Pieta mainly and her reason why she didn't just tell everyone to escape. I didn't dislike chapter 107 though, in fact I was one of the few that was defending Yagi. But that was before he resurrected her and made her reckless and stupid attack work out perfectly. As for later chapters (especially the latest one), it was a short time ago and you should remember what were my complaints )and if not you won't need much digging to know it).
Well my apologies Gooral, I don't want make an ass out of my self by taking assumptions, but that past debate did not end with me fully understanding what you meant.
Old 2011-10-04, 15:13   Link #319
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
I don't think that they would stop translating it, there are still many people who really like what is going on. Like me. I like that Miria has some attention now, Clare is there to support her anymore and Miria gets to fight by herself now. I also like what is happening with Raki, he is helping out now and he is not as annoying as before.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-04, 15:24   Link #320
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

The only thing I don't like about Miria arc, the way Yagi keep keeping people alive. The twins and some of the single digits should have died. Casandra and Roxanne could have killed them multiple times, but fo some reason they chose to cut there limbs instead of just killing them.

The fights are not that believable, I don't hate them, but it could have been don better.