Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-14, 09:52   Link #661
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Need a mod to change the crappy inventory & equipment system(obviously which was made for console) , & need shortcut with 1234..... to switch weapons etc...
Also need fix for the arms, when you want to give a poison for exemple , it only affect right arm so you have to switch your left weapon to the right...
You can switch weapons using number....

a) add the weapons/ spell into "Favourite"
b) click Q, choose a weapon/spell, press the number you want assign it to
Old 2011-11-14, 10:11   Link #662
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Man dragons keep flying in the air and they won't either attack me first or swoop down low enough to hit with a spell. Anyone got tips on attracting their attention?
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 10:17   Link #663
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
How is that sad? Commander Shepard is hanging out with Captain Hammer!(and possible future live action actor for Nathan Drake.)
Sorry, I made an awkward sentence there. I wanted to say that there are awesome geeky famous people that do have a clue - and are just like us, the common folk
Old 2011-11-14, 10:20   Link #664
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I want to play as a sneaky thief who backstab and shot arrow from the dark...(always plays melee class for earlier Elder Scroll games or Dragon AGes , so kinda bored with such roles). But can't find a suitable armour/ weapons for the role yet. Have pretty much goes two-hand till now.... then mix of flame + arrow + heal. Don't want my character turns out like Dragon Age 2, where you either goes 1 hand sword-shield or nothing (since no high class items for any other jobs)

Any recommendation on where to start? Adding pesks on bow and sneak perhaps? Somewhere i can find nice leather armour+ dagger? the Old God's Armor, creb here mentioned?
Old 2011-11-14, 11:16   Link #665
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Nice! he looks pretty boss, But my guy can take him :3 I'm in full Dwarv gear and I'm a freakin tank XD
Wish I got myself some better gear. All I have taht is not steel are those dwemer boots with frost protection of 40. but it looks strange running around with them. Looks like he's wearing yellow gumboots.

And I must say sometimes those few little bugs are quite creepy. Decapitating a mage chick in this one quest, only to have her teleport away during the animation. So the game still thought she was alive (besides the fact that her head was rolling in around on the floor) and getting attacked by an headless lightning shooting corps is a little disturbing.
Old 2011-11-14, 14:27   Link #666
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So... do dragons spawn infinitely? All these dragon bones and scales are weighing me down and I'm planning to sell them to buy my house to store them in and feed my potion addiction. Money's tight in the first few hours.
I believe the random dragons do, while the dragons guarding shrines/words of power do not, though I had one of those respawn due to a bug.

If, for some reason, you can't afford the 5k for the house in Whiterun, which you can get in the first couple hours of gameplay (probably first hour if you make a beeline straight for the main quest up to killing your first dragon), you can try taking a hotspot (cave, etc) that says "Cleared" on your map and using it as your own hideout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Need a mod to change the crappy inventory & equipment system(obviously which was made for console) , & need shortcut with 1234..... to switch weapons etc...
Also need fix for the arms, when you want to give a poison for exemple , it only affect right arm so you have to switch your left weapon to the right...
As has been noted, you can assign 1-8 on anything in your favorites menu. I keep my heal spell, my two hander, my bow, flamebolt, and three shouts hotkeyed. The only thing to note is that if you have more than one of the weapon you have hotkeyed, it can unbind that hotkey sometimes when you switch out of it. For whatever reason, the UI seems to unbind the hotkey if by chance it selected the sword that wasn't originally hotkeyed. I'm not sure how this works with dual wielding weapons, but with my 2-h sword, it was driving me crazy having to constantly rebind it until I sold off all duplicate copies of it from my inventory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Is it strange that I'm on expert and my characters heavy armorr is 40 and my block and one handed are 70?
Depends on your level. With the Warrior blessing, at level 27, with me never blocking, my heavy armor is at 62. My level 22 1-h sword/magic user's heavy armor is only 33 though. :/

When I make my new character, I think I'm only training abilities that are below the average. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that training abilities at an NPC you are rapidly gaining anyways is actually detrimental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Wish I got myself some better gear. All I have taht is not steel are those dwemer boots with frost protection of 40. but it looks strange running around with them. Looks like he's wearing yellow gumboots.
I was wearing that Steel crap from level 3-25, and then I finally found some new armor that wasn't that yellow monstrosity called Dwarven. She's now in a mis-mash of Ebony and Orc, with Dwarven Gauntlets (yes, the yellow gloves look really stupid with all the other black armor). I suppose you could cheese it and just grind smithing out early on and throw on Dragon Bone, but I hate crafting. I'm really hoping I just have bad luck and that there are non-standard, 'named' Heavy Armor sets out there like how Light Armor seems to have. I've yet to find any though.

What's super depressing is that I'm STILL using my Skyward Steel Greatsword, which I was using since level 6. Sure, it's double refined, but I swear....it's like it has a different damage modifier based on your 2-h skill than any other type of weapon, because even Ebony Greatswords have lower listed damage when I wield them than this blasted thing. Getting soooooooooooooo tired of looking at it.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 14:49   Link #667
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Guys, do I get more skill level if I craft something more advanced?

I feel like it's better to craft lather stuff for increasing skill levels...
Old 2011-11-14, 15:04   Link #668
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Guys, do I get more skill level if I craft something more advanced?

I feel like it's better to craft lather stuff for increasing skill levels...
That's pretty much how I got my blacksmithing up. Just continue to make iron daggers and leather bracers. It's pretty easy since can just speed around to various smiths and buy up their supply of leather and iron ingots.
Old 2011-11-14, 15:10   Link #669
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

I see.

Btw there's a glitch where your stats will randomly become red and lower alot!
Supposedly this is a disease, but my character is a werewolf(100% resist to these) and my 2H Skill is 25 instead of 62...annoying as hell.

Nothing will cure this, potions, blessings, temples... nothing. Only by finding a trainer and paying for a level will "fix" this.
Old 2011-11-14, 15:30   Link #670
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
You can switch weapons using number....

a) add the weapons/ spell into "Favourite"
b) click Q, choose a weapon/spell, press the number you want assign it to
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post

As has been noted, you can assign 1-8 on anything in your favorites menu. I keep my heal spell, my two hander, my bow, flamebolt, and three shouts hotkeyed. The only thing to note is that if you have more than one of the weapon you have hotkeyed, it can unbind that hotkey sometimes when you switch out of it. For whatever reason, the UI seems to unbind the hotkey if by chance it selected the sword that wasn't originally hotkeyed. I'm not sure how this works with dual wielding weapons, but with my 2-h sword, it was driving me crazy having to constantly rebind it until I sold off all duplicate copies of it from my inventory.
Ah i see.
Btw they have to fix the key lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I want to play as a sneaky thief who backstab and shot arrow from the dark...(always plays melee class for earlier Elder Scroll games or Dragon AGes , so kinda bored with such roles). But can't find a suitable armour/ weapons for the role yet. Have pretty much goes two-hand till now.... then mix of flame + arrow + heal. Don't want my character turns out like Dragon Age 2, where you either goes 1 hand sword-shield or nothing (since no high class items for any other jobs)

Any recommendation on where to start? Adding pesks on bow and sneak perhaps? Somewhere i can find nice leather armour+ dagger? the Old God's Armor, creb here mentioned?
For start.
Sneak 1st for more stealth.
Then Bow( x3 dmg with stealth + critic) & 1hand(x15 dmg with stealth)

Leather armor = join thief guild.
Dagger = Khajiit merchant outside whiterun or the merchant in thief guild.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 16:28   Link #671
Irkalla
I asked for this

Finally out of the fugly dwarven armour and on to the pretty orc one! Aren't we pretty?
Old 2011-11-14, 17:18   Link #672
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Finally out of the fugly dwarven armour and on to the pretty orc one! Aren't we pretty?
Is it bad that the first thing I noticed in the picture were the nipple points in the armor?
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 17:29   Link #673
Aqua Knight

How to see which diseases do I have?
And to dress a companion - just give the armor,etc you want him to wear??
Old 2011-11-14, 17:41   Link #674
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
How to see which diseases do I have?
And to dress a companion - just give the armor,etc you want him to wear??
Go your to magic menu, and go to "Active Effects". It lists your diseases there, I believe in red.

Edit:
Never mind on the dressing companion part.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 17:58   Link #675
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quick Reflexes is so godlk, you can actually dodge Deadly Blows with that.

10/10
Old 2011-11-14, 18:22   Link #676
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Man dragons keep flying in the air and they won't either attack me first or swoop down low enough to hit with a spell. Anyone got tips on attracting their attention?
I noticed this today after I killed the first dragon.
But I was heading up north/east and all of a sudden one landed and started attacking everything, there were more in the sky.
I guess they attack in certain places if you pass them.

Spoiler for for what happened to me:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:24   Link #677
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I recommend you to try visual graphic mod , the game looks so much better :O Also found the key lock mod. Now need the hand problem.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:27   Link #678
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Does anybody know if joining one guild will stop you from joining others? I joined the companions just for the sake of doing their quests, even though I'm a caster character and it doesn't suit at all. Is that going to make it impossible to explore other options like the thieves guild?

I've noticed a big flaw with focusing on magic too. It doesn't look like it scales at all, so while I was melting faces at the start, I'm struggling quite a bit past level 15. Conjured weapons don't seem to scale that well to Conjuration either.

Taking away the stat system and using solely the skill system has made certain mechanics a lot more difficult to understand, and harder to know what to do to shape your character. :\
Old 2011-11-14, 18:34   Link #679
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
I've noticed a big flaw with focusing on magic too. It doesn't look like it scales at all, so while I was melting faces at the start, I'm struggling quite a bit past level 15. Conjured weapons don't seem to scale that well to Conjuration either.
I've noticed this too with my magic/1h sword character, and according to the dicks at gamefaqs, you got to buy higher level spells.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 19:46   Link #680
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Is it bad that the first thing I noticed in the picture were the nipple points in the armor?
Yea, specialy when there are none

btw I thought you were lookin for a husband @_@ or am I confused with someone else.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim