AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 05:02   Link #261
iK@r0s

^ i see thanks to your explanations that I understand the story better....anyway I hate louise too
Old 2012-04-09, 06:28   Link #262
azziz

if you want to talk about bitch-loli-tsundere,like aria and louise,i feel you should no no forget the heroine of toradora:she deserve a mention.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 06:54   Link #263
dragon1412

Please dont stray too much from the topic.
P.S: Taiga sure is a Tsundere but her character development is amazing and at the of the novel her personality change alot. Overall she is a quite good character to me unlike louise or Aria with their personality stay almost the same through the novel
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 06:57   Link #264
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
their secretely all M's ^^
Or Lamia-lovers.

Damn, TMI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
By the way, I found that we have two spellings for the name of the hell cat: Scarlett and Scarlet. Which one is better?
Depends. If you think that Claire calls Scarlet like the colour, then use Scarlet. If you think that its name comes from the colour, use Scarlett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
if you want to talk about bitch-loli-tsundere,like aria and louise,i feel you should no no forget the heroine of toradora:she deserve a mention.
Whereas some Loli-tsunderes are mug better. Shans, for example. And even Nagi is pretty awesome at times.
Old 2012-04-09, 08:59   Link #265
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
can someone tell us his wish?
Or has it not been told yet?
It is something that Restia wished for. It was not revealed until the very end of the sixth volume, the very last sentence of the epilogue in fact.
Spoiler:
This is what Restia ordered Kamito to wish for.I honestly have no idea why Kamito and Restia would think that the Spirit Kings would grant such a request in the first place. As Kamito later points out, it was a wish that was impossible to grant.
Spoiler:
This was the reason why she was almost entirely different from when Kamito used to be with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Scarlet is better in my opinion.But you should go with the one you like

@Kleeyook: well that maybe because its the author taste? but anyway dont worry too much. STnBD is diffirent from Znt. If you read both you can see that Kamito have more depth than Saito and well on later volume Claire did change(well, she is still annoying as hell to me but it better).
The most diffirent point from the 2 MC is that the feeling that Kamito have for Claire is not love(well, maybe a little). He is being influenced alot, sure but if you read the later volume you can see that romantic affection Kamito have for Claire is rather weak compare to Restia (yay !) and if you exclude Restia the one he normally give his affection the most is Est.

Anyway when you guy read further you can see that unlike Louise who have mostly 100% of Saito feeling, Claire arent have that privilage and Kamito,as isaid in my previous post, is more similar to hayate with Athena rather than Saito and Louise.

The mainpoint is that in STnBD the line of main heroine/support heroine arent as clear as in Znt and the author is quite well versed in romance so we can hope for STnBD not to jump in Znt footstep.
I have to agree. In terms of relationships, I think he was closest in fact with Terminus Este, his partner. He spends almost an equal amount of time with all the girls, but his relationship with Este and Restia, I believe, is better explored compared to his bonds with the others.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-09 at 09:21.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:25   Link #266
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

But to me, with the whole master-servant relationship is like putting stupid chains upon Kamito, because it limits his independance and his growth because we ALL know that Claire won't be far behind with her usual haunty tsun tsun and Pride this and that.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:38   Link #267
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But to me, with the whole master-servant relationship is like putting stupid chains upon Kamito, because it limits his independance and his growth because we ALL know that Claire won't be far behind with her usual haunty tsun tsun and Pride this and that.
But quite often Kamito is able to use this perceived master-servant relationship to embarrass Claire to his amusement.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:07   Link #268
dragon1412

the main point is Kamito is not a M but a S. Unlike Saito who bend down at every single absurd demand of Louise, if Kamito is annoyed, he will teased the girl however he like and while Louise make contract with saito using magic, Kamito contract with Claire are just word and Kamito never take it seriously before, the only who care about that con tract is Claire alone.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 12:56   Link #269
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Actually i dont think claire is going to care if she finds out he is Ren Ashfall.
Its like you can never get jealous at micheal jordan in basketball, unless ur already near his class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
It is something that Restia wished for. It was not revealed until the very end of the sixth volume, the very last sentence of the epilogue in fact.
Spoiler:
This is what Restia ordered Kamito to wish for.I honestly have no idea why Kamito and Restia would think that the Spirit Kings would grant such a request in the first place. As Kamito later points out, it was a wish that was impossible to grant.
Spoiler:
This was the reason why she was almost entirely different from when Kamito used to be with her.
I have to agree. In terms of relationships, I think he was closest in fact with Terminus Este, his partner. He spends almost an equal amount of time with all the girls, but his relationship with Este and Restia, I believe, is better explored compared to his bonds with the others.
WoW thank you.
His wish was driving me crazy.

I also thought it was something like he wished her to be human or to be free, which was a big no no. Kinda like wishing a genie free.

I really like Est.
Her comments cracked me up.

Est why are u in my bed.
Because u are my master.
Why are u naked with only socks.
Why? do you want to see my feet? Ecchi~

LOLOL... Est is epic.

btw in full power mode... who is stronger?
Restia or Est? Because i know Est is currently nerf'd 1/10th of what she can do.

Also i read that Est drains life... does this not apply because she is nerf'd 1/10th of her original power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
the main point is Kamito is not a M but a S.
Kamito is a total S.
The way he toys with ellis, and claire, and the way he pulls the situation to his movement is a total S.

Quote:
i think he said that only in the spur of the moment.
to wake claire up.

At the end of vol.1, u see claire telling est that she is the master, hence est's master.
Est asks if its true, and Kamito feigns a No.
Although we know Est was present when he said that, hence if it really applied, Est wouldnt have to ask.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 17:45   Link #270
Tom Bombadil

OK, I have hacked up a pdf version of vol1, at least now it is a proper book. Check it out, please. You might be pleasantly surprised. If you have downloaded the previous version, you might want to download again. And please feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions.

If case anyone is wondering the size. I think most of it come from the images, because I used the large scans. I also included a few scans of vol2 at the end as PV. The size of the images just accumulated.
Old 2012-04-09, 18:08   Link #271
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
OK, I have hacked up a pdf version of vol1, at least now it is a proper book. Check it out, please. You might be pleasantly surprised. If you have downloaded the previous version, you might want to download again. And please feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions.

If case anyone is wondering the size. I think most of it come from the images, because I used the large scans. I also included a few scans of vol2 at the end as PV. The size of the images just accumulated.
Well, more HQ the picture more better for me. Thanks.
Old 2012-04-09, 22:51   Link #272
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

btw in full power mode... who is stronger?
Restia or Est? Because i know Est is currently nerf'd 1/10th of what she can do.
It's either a draw, since they are on the same tier as spirits, or Est is stronger, since Este's last master killed Restia's.
Quote:
Also i read that Est drains life... does this not apply because she is nerf'd 1/10th of her original power?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for Claire's sister:
That's what I believed when I first read about what Claire's sister did. But it's highly predictable if it really was the case. But the question here is why is she strong enough to match Kamito?According to what Fianna mentioned, mikos did not receive any physical combat training. Even Fianna is pretty defenseless without her spirit.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer0300 View Post
Spoiler for Quote:
Four, Spirit contractors are only supposed to use one spirit only, disruption of a spirit's power would often occur if a contractor has more than one spirit under contract.

By the way, in the official popularity contest, the result is the following:

1.Terminus Est
2.Ellis
3.Rinslet
4.Claire
5.Restia
6.Fiann
7.Kamito

The author also hints that we might see coloured pictures of the Kamito as Ren Ashbell or at least cross-dressed in the future.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-10 at 05:40.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:13   Link #273
Tom Bombadil

OK, updated the pdf file for a bit. Now it says "Epilogue" and "Afterword" properly, instead of the previous clumsy "chapter 9, Epilogue", etc.

I also added the volume title to the credit page.

Edit: forget about it

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2012-04-10 at 08:20.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 12:03   Link #274
EvI

ohh the prologue for volume 2 is translated
thanks ;D
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 13:04   Link #275
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Done editing chap 3, will get started on chap 4 later on 2day
PS Has nobody put up any illustrations for vol2??
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 15:18   Link #276
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Done editing chap 3, will get started on chap 4 later on 2day
PS Has nobody put up any illustrations for vol2??
Too lazy to, I guess.
Old 2012-04-10, 15:34   Link #277
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Finished editing chap 4
Is someone else doing the others or should I just power through
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 16:16   Link #278
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Finished editing chap 4
Is someone else doing the others or should I just power through
--I think you should...no, POWER THROUGH THE CHAPTERS!!!
Old 2012-04-10, 16:32   Link #279
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

lololol...

If you guys need another editor let me know.

Sometimes tho when u have too many people doing edits tho, it gets messed up even more.
Kinda like the game Telephone, where u get an editor constantly fixing another editor, and the finalized is nothing which the original writer hoped for.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 16:49   Link #280
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
lololol...

If you guys need another editor let me know.

Sometimes tho when u have too many people doing edits tho, it gets messed up even more.
Kinda like the game Telephone, where u get an editor constantly fixing another editor, and the finalized is nothing which the original writer hoped for.
Well, if you look at this: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...3&oldid=135332

The meaning stayed approx. the same.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap