AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-16, 11:13   Link #301
Fjoergyn

There is also a possibility L-11 to return to his country, he is seen wearing the uniform in the preview

Shoko must know the truth before confession, maybe that will help you make the best decision for your heart.
Old 2013-07-16, 21:58   Link #302
Destined_Fate

It will be temporary at most and it will most likely end one way or another due to something involving the Princess. Most likely her death as characters like her tend to die off for plot and character development. It would also be easiest way to break L-Elf and to have him eventually open up to someone, hopefully that someone is Shoko since he saw her at her worst already.

I do agree, Shoko should know the truth about Haruto before anything is decided and I wouldn't doubt if Haruto learns that he killed her father in the battle one way or another. It may even be Satomi that actually reveals it by going through Akira's stuff while he's frustrated that she's a pilot now.
Old 2013-07-17, 12:06   Link #303
shiyuki
Ever Learning

Sigh I doubt if the school festival or the confession will happen at all since the Module was still unsafe and some VVV got captured by Dorssia...

Plus the guess that Shoko might suffer from amnesia (at least for a short while?), she won't be confessing to Haruto right after Season 2 starts...

Of coz I hope L-Elf and Shoko will be ending up together, as their background and characters are so obviously set to be a good couple, but I'm still a bit worried about the role the Princess will play in the next season...
She's a really important woman to L-Elf...
Old 2013-07-17, 14:01   Link #304
Destined_Fate

It may still happen but it will have them honoring the dead as the main theme and at the end of it. Would be hard to see Shoko trying to do that if Haruto rejects her again but for realz this time.

Why would Shoko be suffering Amnesia? She was knocked out and it isn't like she was bruised that hard anyway. Amnesia would also really hurt her chances with L-Elf as well as it may make her not the Shoko that he finds intriguing and unpredictable which draws him to her.
Old 2013-07-17, 14:22   Link #305
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Yeah, but judging from the general tone of the anime any confession she attempts is probably the writer's way of stomping Shouko into the ground
I don't think anything will top her watching her dad die, realizing she was powerless.
Old 2013-07-17, 15:29   Link #306
Fjoergyn

Amnesia do not think it will happen, it would be ridiculous for the story. Not if the princess gets to die but does not seem to be a character of much significance with the exception of his past with L-Elf.
Old 2013-07-17, 20:51   Link #307
Destined_Fate

Her past, the Princess is a woman not A-Drei. XD

Killing her would be a very easy way to break L-Elf and so far she has had zero relevance in he anime outside saving L-Elf in the past. L-Elf seemed to be crying in that preview so it does seem likely she either dies or becomes his enemy for true.

I don't mind her dying as the anime hasn't done a very good job making her all that important or someone to actually care for because of her very limited appearance. That and she seems to be the only current competition for Shoko to make babies with L-Elf.
Old 2013-07-17, 20:54   Link #308
shiyuki
Ever Learning

About amnesia, Shoko sounds so strange in the preview that she's not like herself.
So many guessed she might lose parts of her memory temporarily.
Perhaps she is asking L-Elf if he's worried about her?
Coz I don't think L-Elf will just give up the prime minister of Neo Jior...
Just wild guess :P
Old 2013-07-17, 21:41   Link #309
Irenesharda

Spoiler for Snip:

Really?
I think you are over reaching this a little bit.
You are mentioning a bunch of stuff that has never been shown and that you are only speculating. You're assuming the Lieselotte is evil before we've even been formally introduced to her. You're assuming that L-elf and Shoko had tons of contact even though the times that we've seen them together was a total of 5 or 6 times, and that's counting times that he simply walked by her, or they were simply in the same shot. You're reading a lot into simple 3 to 4 word conversations that I simply can't see (and I'm a romanticist!). I know that you are speculating, but you're really reaching with some of this.

As for Haruto, you can't break someone's heart if they don't even know what you've done. You're making Shoko's decision for her in that you are saying she's going to be heartbroken because of Haruto's indiscretion. But Shoko is smarter than that. She would understand. Haruto has truly never done much of anything wrong here. Almost everything that he has supposedly done was either because he was controlled by another, or because he was trying to deal with the consequences of said control. Shoko has obviously also clearly forgiven Haruto for the death of her father since she knows it wasn't his fault. She doesn't display anger, just sadness. And as for him fudging the confession the first time. if that's what you think would truly break of a girl's heart, you haven't read many good romantic novels. Again, Shoko knows Haruto and knows that he wouldn't have the courage to say it. She would be bummed out sure, and she was. But if he didn't later confess, she would have taken matters into her own hands and confessed to him, which she states she's going to do.

L-elf, Haruto, Shoko, and Saki all have their tales to tell. Maybe all of them will survive the timeskip, maybe not. Maybe Shoko will not end up with anyone, and maybe she will end up with L-elf after all. All I'm saying is that at this point, she's in love with her childhood friend, and he's not looking for a relationship at all.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-17, 22:40   Link #310
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyuki View Post
About amnesia, Shoko sounds so strange in the preview that she's not like herself.
So many guessed she might lose parts of her memory temporarily.
Perhaps she is asking L-Elf if he's worried about her?
Coz I don't think L-Elf will just give up the prime minister of Neo Jior...
Just wild guess :P
That idea of Shouko having amnesia is interesting but I doubt that it will happen. She screaming for Naruto's help during the pv of second season means that she remembers very well and is somehow in big trouble. I wonder if she got abducted and Haruto was left to create a new formation and e expansion of new jior happened. Then, they got an invitation from Dorusia concerning the magius and Cain made a proposal and an offer to L Elf that he can't refuse then, he went back to being a soldier. Well, these are all specs.
Old 2013-07-17, 22:50   Link #311
Destined_Fate

I think you're under reaching way too much. And no, everything I've mentioned has been shown in the anime or are you trying to say I'm a liar and making things up? Also, I never said that the Princess was evil, only that it's VERY likely she will die or L-Elf and her will be forced to fight on opposite sides. I don't need to assume, the anime gave Shoko and L-Elf more contact together than any other, especially as Haruto started spending less and less time with Shoko and even L-Elf and more with Sakior alone.

Yes you can. Shoko was waiting for his confession, he insulted her instead. Every time they get close he ends up calling her his friend which visibly hurt her as she was expecting more and thus confusing her about his own feelings for her. Than he kills her father, unknowningly, which leaves her devastated. Haruto has broken her heart many times even if it wasn't his intention. Than with his guilt and conflicting feelings with Saki there's no way he wont reject Shoko again. Only this time he will make it clear.

Shoko is the leader of the Module, no way she wont end up with anyone. Especially as she has main character status. Her interests and time have simply been shifting from Haruto to L-Elf as the first cour came to a close. Hell, Shoko has been spending more time with Akira than Haruto near the end as well. Haruto was her #1 at the start of the anime, now he's her #3 as L-Elf and Akira have taken priority with her time.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-07-17 at 23:33.
Old 2013-07-17, 23:01   Link #312
Fjoergyn

Shoko appears to relate L-Elf in the preview, but hopefully not a memory leak, it would be very far-fetched. They have had interaction and a nod to a possible romance, but still do not know what will come out in the second season. I hope that does not end only
Old 2013-07-17, 23:57   Link #313
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

And if L-Elf doesn't end up with Shoko? What if she just ends up alone? Whether she ends up with Haruto or L-Elf or ends up alone, I don't really care, as long as her character is developed more considering what she's been through and her position as Prime Minister I'll be happy.

All this talk of who should end up with who is reminding me of Aquarion Evol and we all know how that ended, whether we liked the final pairing or not.
Old 2013-07-17, 23:58   Link #314
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Is this what we call Shoko Domination?
Old 2013-07-18, 00:03   Link #315
Fjoergyn

I do not care if they end up together or not, but the winks of ornament not think they are
Old 2013-07-18, 00:06   Link #316
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Give her the Haru treatment so we can end this already
Old 2013-07-18, 00:08   Link #317
Fjoergyn

Haru is worse off in the history, development and dialogues make you laugh
Old 2013-07-18, 00:10   Link #318
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Haru is worse off in the history, development and dialogues make you laugh
Well shit, then give her the Shirley. Oh wait, Aina already got that courtesy of Q-Vier
Old 2013-07-18, 00:21   Link #319
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Well shit, then give her the Shirley. Oh wait, Aina already got that courtesy of Q-Vier
Maybe an end type Shin Sekai Yori
Old 2013-07-18, 00:30   Link #320
Chibikiwi

I think it's way too early to speculate as to whom Shouko will end up with. I don't think the interactions between Shouko and L-Elf are enough to potentially have them end up together, afterall it has been said that L-Elf's actions are motivated by the princess and he does hold affection for her (as to what kind of affection he has for her, we don't know yet), but if looking at her photo is enough to make him cry, then I think she must be pretty important for him. Just gonna have to wait until the second season to find out.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters