AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-20, 11:45   Link #10521
goblehook

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I have the impression a lot of you see Maya as a bad person.
she want power, stronger and stronger.

wonder what she really want with that power ?

simply doing her job ?
Spoiler for Spoiler Vol11 Ch16:

Apart from reaching the mysteries of Mental Interference being the goal of Yotsuba

I won't be surprise if "fixing her own mind" to be among Maya's greatest wish.
After all her sister tampered with her mind when she was young.

I also felt that the grudge that Maya bore on her sister extends to nieces' the Shiba siblings but...

I'm under the impression that she should be a little similar to Tatsuya in his inability to feel strong emotions.

On that point that she, possibly unable to feel emotions had a grudge on her sister is really contradicting and is confusing me so much.

Any thoughts anyone?
Old 2014-02-20, 11:45   Link #10522
Ultragunner

I actually don't hate Maya that much. But there is one thing that kinda irritate me is that she had failed to treat Tats in a appropriate way.

Okay okay, this is only my opinion. You can't really blame her for not realizing Tatsuya's true potential, heck, no one could. But then why hadn't her tried to change the viewpoint of the clan regarding the guardian? (maybe she had been trying off-screen but still!!). What I am trying to say is that the guardians of the Yotsuba deserve a bit more respect. Yes, they are considered tools but in no way imcompetent (a full-fledged guardian that is). This is especially true for the other servants of the house such as Aoki. Yes he may not be aware of Tatsuya's true might, but he should recognize the fact that a guardian is not someone to be taken lightly, Tatsuya might be a failure as a magician according to the "norm", but he still survive the training hell of the Yotsuba themselves. THIS I think everyone is the clan should be clear about.

From this, I'd like to point out another thing that fascinates me, that is how Kazama interacts with Tatsuya. In complete contrast to the Yotsuba, the Major succeeded in bringing Tatsuya to his side even when at the time the boy did not want to give a damn about anything but obliterating the ones that had hurt his sister. Tatsuya said: "If you stay here, you could die", Kazama responded: "Fair enough, but soldiers live and die, it's a common thing so I'm staying" (note that I'm paraphrasing here ).

Now we see the result: though both will abandon each other if needed, Tatsuya and Kazama consider each other friends; on the other hand, tension keeps rising between Tatsuya and Maya

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2014-02-20 at 12:04.
Old 2014-02-20, 11:57   Link #10523
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler Vol11 Ch16:

Apart from reaching the mysteries of Mental Interference being the goal of Yotsuba

I won't be surprise if "fixing her own mind" to be among Maya's greatest wish.
After all her sister tampered with her mind when she was young.

I also felt that the grudge that Maya bore on her sister extends to nieces' the Shiba siblings but...

I'm under the impression that she should be a little similar to Tatsuya in his inability to feel strong emotions.

On that point that she, possibly unable to feel emotions had a grudge on her sister is really contradicting and is confusing me so much.

Any thoughts anyone?
Whatever happened "before" the incident should be just data up to the point miya cast her magic, whatever happened "after" the Miya cast her magic like any normal person. At least, that was my understanding on the situation. She simply turned past memories into data, losing the emotional side such of the memories as fear, terror, love,regret etc (all emotions being lost).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I actually don't hate Maya that much. But if there is one thing that kinda irritate me is that she had failed to treat Tats in a appropriate way.

Okay okay, this is only my opinion. You can't really blame her for not realizing Tatsuya's true potential, heck, no one could. But then why hadn't her tried to change the viewpoint of the clan regarding the guardian? (maybe she had been trying off-screen but still!!). What I am trying to say is that the guardians of the Yotsuba deserve a bit more respect. Yes, they are considered tools but in no way imcompetent (a full-fledged guardian that is). This is especially true for the other servants of the house such as Aoki. Yes he may not be aware of Tatsuya's true might, but he should recognize the fact that a guardian is not someone to be taken lightly, Tatsuya might be a failure as a magician according to the "norm", but he still survive the training hell of the Yotsuba themselves. THIS I think everyone is the clan should be clear about.
Agree with this. Its for this reason + Maya is aware of what Tats himself is capable of and still allows the horrible treatment that I think if tats decides to rebel or break away from the clan, there just getting what they deserve. Even putting tats own abilities aside, they shouldnt be treating the people defending there masters/there clan like trash.

Quote:
From this, I'd like to point out another thing that fascinates me, that is how Kazama interacts with Tatsuya. In complete contrast to the Yotsuba, the Major succeeded in bringing Tatsuya to his side even when at the time the boy did not want to give a damn about anything but obliterating the ones that had hurt his sister. Tatsuya said: "If you stay here, you could die", Kazama responded: "Fair enough, but soldiers live and die, it's a common thing so I'm staying" (note that I'm paraphrasing here ).

Now we see the result: though both will abandon each other if needed, Tatsuya and Kazama consider each other friends; on the other hand, tension keeps rising between Tatsuya and Maya
Maya herself doesnt really interact with the siblings, its usually other Yotsuba members who do on her behalf (e.g. aoki), or its simply a telephone call, and its been mentioned that she treats them less then favourably because of what there mother (miya) did to her, so that kind of relationship probly isnt possible between her and the siblings.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-20 at 12:20.
Old 2014-02-20, 12:13   Link #10524
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post

Any thoughts anyone?
Actually, she still has the emotions, not emotionless like Tatsuya. I for myself don't think Maya truly hate her sister Miya for converting all her past memories to data. It's just like Maya completely ignored her sister and only acted if it concerns the benefit of Yotsuba clan.

In my opinion, because of the incident in the past, Maya also lost her love for Miya just like how she lost her love for Koichi. It means she "knows" that Miya is her twin but doesn't have any emotions attached to her. For Maya, Miya became a stranger who "killed" her, hence she doesn't like Miya
Old 2014-02-20, 12:20   Link #10525
goblehook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Whatever happened "before" the incident should be just data up to the point miya cast her magic, whatever happened "after" the Miya cast her magic like any normal person. At least, that was my understanding on the situation. She simply turned past memories into data, losing the emotional side such of the memories as fear, terror, love etc.
Hmm... Interesting, I suppose it can be interpreted that Miya turned to data all of Maya's past memories when they were little and only that. Any experiences that Maya gains afterwards are not included and ofcourse her emotions as well.

Then Maya being capable of having a grudge on Miya makes sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
I for myself don't think Maya truly hate her sister Miya for converting all her past memories to data...
I still think she does
Spoiler for Untouchable — The Nightmare of 2062:

Quote:
Okay okay, this is only my opinion. You can't really blame her for not realizing Tatsuya's true potential...
...Tatsuya might be a failure as a magician according to the "norm",
Really? The feeling that I'm getting is that For Tatsuya to be considered a "failure of a magician" is just an excuse and to demote him to a mere guardian is a way of harrasing what's left of the family of Miya. Ofcourse Miya losing the ability to love Tatsuya as a side effect won't be complaining.
Old 2014-02-20, 12:24   Link #10526
Ultragunner

Quote:
Maya herself doesnt really interact with the siblings, its usually other Yotsuba members who do on her behalf (e.g. aoki), or its simply a telephone call, and its been mentioned that she treats them less then favourably because of what there mother (miya) did to her, so that kind of relationship probly isnt possible between her and the siblings.
That's right, you can't blame her for that, one thing leads to another, but this is just me going "What if...." for her . "If" Maya had done sth different, perhaps now she doesn't need to worry about Tats rebelling against the Yotsuba, she might even be able to turn him into a (super) powerful ally, just like Kazama did
Old 2014-02-20, 12:44   Link #10527
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
That's right, you can't blame her for that, one thing leads to another, but this is just me going "What if...." for her . "If" Maya had done sth different, perhaps now she doesn't need to worry about Tats rebelling against the Yotsuba, she might even be able to turn him into a (super) powerful ally, just like Kazama did
It would be easy enough to stop people such as Aoki from antagonising the siblings, just arranging for a public demonstration among the clan of tats decomposing something (or somone) should do that, they would at least watch there words, instead shes got tats abilities as a secret. That itself is the main reason why Miyuki gets angry towards the yotsuba, the way the clan treats her brother, and tats will simply stick around for her.............so it can still be done differently. Just appeal to Miyuki.

Having the clan stopping the trash treatment towards tats would go along way...

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-20 at 13:13.
Old 2014-02-20, 12:46   Link #10528
Verisimilitude

I think the main problem is how the Yostuba basically lost so much manpower against Dahan that there wasn't anyone to guide the twins or mediate between them, like their father. So Yotsuba ended with two mentally traumatised 12 year olds who are estranged (even more tragic considering how close they were) running the clan. I doubt either of the twins had good personal relationship skills after that incident.
Old 2014-02-20, 12:52   Link #10529
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Tats felt UNDYING AND BOUNDLESS devotion for Miyuki......

Childish crush for Sakurai Honami......I mean, the guy is emotionless, true, but it is human instincts to at least be attracted to the person who seems to genuinely care for you....
I've thought the LNs made it clear already, in fact multiple times. Tatsuya can't feel love, he can like people but not see them as anymore but friends. (Evidence in Vol 5)

I also don't know how far you have read into the LNs but they clearly explain his "undying and boundless" devotion to Miyuki already. His sibling bond with Miyuki was the only thing left untouched after the operation, it was the Yotsuba's way of somehow keeping a leash on him. Since that bond is the only thing left untouched, he treasures it greatly.
Old 2014-02-20, 12:59   Link #10530
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
It would be easy enough to stop people such as Aoki from antagonising the siblings, just arranging for a public demonstration among the clan of tats decomposing something (or somone) should do that, they would at least watch there words, instead shes got tats abilities as a secret. That itself is the main reason why Miyuki gets angry towards the yotsuba, the way the clan treats her brother, and tats will simply stick around for her.............so it can still be done differently.
Honestly, I think Tatsuya already has a plan against the Yotsuba when they do plan to take action against him or Miyuki. I mean, there's no way he doesn't already suspect what they're up to with Miyuki or at least have predicted it.
Old 2014-02-20, 13:10   Link #10531
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Honestly, I think Tatsuya already has a plan against the Yotsuba when they do plan to take action against him or Miyuki. I mean, there's no way he doesn't already suspect what they're up to with Miyuki or at least have predicted it.
Its been mentioned somewhere that he does plan to move agaisnt them sometime, and Miyuki said she'd join him, Not to mention that Maya is certain he will rebel sometime, so its a given he has a plan should the yotsuba move agaisnt them.

The scenario above i was just mentioning a way Maya could keep the two without having to worry, and the summay of it would be to appeal to Miyuki in some way to stick around, tats cant betray her, simply making her clan head doesnt seem like it would be enough.
Old 2014-02-20, 13:15   Link #10532
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Its been mentioned somewhere that he does plan to move agaisnt them sometime, and Miyuki said she'd join him, Not to mention that Maya is certain he will rebel sometime, so its a given he has a plan should the yotsuba move agaisnt them.

The scenario above i was just mentioning a way Maya could keep the two without having to worry, and the summay of it would be to appeal to Miyuki in some way to stick around, tats cant betray her, simply making her clan head doesnt seem like it would be enough.
Agreed, I feel like the Yotsuba might be underestimating just how devoted to Tatsuya she really is. They know that Tatsuya won't ever betray her, but I thought Miyuki would ever let herself be in a position that compromises Tatsuya.
Old 2014-02-20, 14:24   Link #10533
ahmadyazidozi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Agreed, I feel like the Yotsuba might be underestimating just how devoted to Tatsuya she really is. They know that Tatsuya won't ever betray her, but I thought Miyuki would ever let herself be in a position that compromises Tatsuya.
isn't thats why Maya strongly guard the info about them (from other head-candidates) and to make sure Miyuki becomes the next head??

so Tats wont go againts the Yotsubas's.
She already know that in a frontal fight, she will lose
Old 2014-02-20, 14:35   Link #10534
Alesio33

Hello! I've been wonering about something.
When I was going through the Mahouka wiki I found the following information...
Spoiler for Thirteen Apostels:

Where exactly did all of tis information come from? Or is it fake? Cause I don't remember it being stated in the book.
Old 2014-02-20, 14:49   Link #10535
ahmadyazidozi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesio33 View Post
Hello! I've been wonering about something.
When I was going through the Mahouka wiki I found the following information...
Spoiler for Thirteen Apostels:

Where exactly did all of tis information come from? Or is it fake? Cause I don't remember it being stated in the book.
only some were mentioned in the LN.
or is it from the part of the LN thats have not been translated?? (side-stories)
Old 2014-02-20, 15:08   Link #10536
ahmadyazidozi

about the next 9SC. (just, a little bit more detailed)

so, im surfing around fb.
and check the official Mahouka page.
and one of the post from the Admins 2nd 9SC

He said that the next volume is about:
it's talking about how all games and rules got changed all of a sudden just one month before the competition begins.
especially the game [steeplechase cross country] troubled all schools.

so, i suppose, the 9cs not gonna be indoors

and, i also find this very funny
Spoiler for flowery:

bonuses:
Spoiler for fo Miyuki Shippers , end:

Spoiler for Girls n Chibis:

Last edited by ahmadyazidozi; 2014-02-20 at 15:20.
Old 2014-02-20, 15:32   Link #10537
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadyazidozi View Post
about the next 9SC. (just, a little bit more detailed)

so, im surfing around fb.
and check the official Mahouka page.
and one of the post from the Admins 2nd 9SC

He said that the next volume is about:
it's talking about how all games and rules got changed all of a sudden just one month before the competition begins.
especially the game [steeplechase cross country] troubled all schools.

so, i suppose, the 9cs not gonna be indoors

and, i also find this very funny
Spoiler for flowery:

bonuses:
Spoiler for fo Miyuki Shippers , end:

Spoiler for Girls n Chibis:
So its literally a whole new game now. The perfect excuse for more trollgeneering from Tatsuya. Hell yeah! What better way to show the capabilities of the new class?

That pic IS funny.

The chibis are adorable too. Oh Miki, you lovable nervous wreck.
Old 2014-02-20, 16:38   Link #10538
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
So its literally a whole new game now. The perfect excuse for more trollgeneering from Tatsuya. Hell yeah! What better way to show the capabilities of the new class?

That pic IS funny.

The chibis are adorable too. Oh Miki, you lovable nervous wreck.
I would love to see that but I think they will limit tatsuya because of his opness it's my speculation I think he might be limit to one event no more no less, patch up some loophole or anything related to tatsuya

Though for me I'm curious on how will tatsuya show up some very shocking strategies or cad engineering on new 9 school competition
Old 2014-02-20, 16:49   Link #10539
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Though for me I'm curious on how will tatsuya show up some very shocking strategies or cad engineering on new 9 school competition
That's exactly what I want to see, Tatsuya's crazy engeneering prowesses. Of course, he probably won't be alone this time.
Old 2014-02-20, 17:04   Link #10540
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
That's exactly what I want to see, Tatsuya's crazy engeneering prowesses. Of course, he probably won't be alone this time.
Err I forgot still want to add how will tatsuya adapt on the changes on 9 school competition

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings