1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-15, 22:17   Link #121
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
No, Algreus gave permission for Diva to carry the weapon. Nothing was said about using it during the briefing.
Also, what Asemu said was that the lunar base was an advantage because it was being used by the Vagans to facilitate their invasion of Earth, not that there's something inside. The thing he's afraid of is the Vagans transporting "something big," which I presume is that huge final boss thing in the OP.
Actually, the "something big" is most likely Second Moon. The final boss thing we saw is most likely not of Vagan origin.
Old 2012-07-15, 22:19   Link #122
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, the "something big" is most likely Second Moon. The final boss thing we saw is most likely not of Vagan origin.
The Vagans have the technology to transport a huge colony like that? But if they do, something like a lunar base would be insignificant. Any source, or just a hunch?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 22:23   Link #123
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
The Vagans have the technology to transport a huge colony like that? But if they do, something like a lunar base would be insignificant. Any source, or just a hunch?
The source on the lunar base? Yeah, but it's against the rules to discuss it in this thread.
Old 2012-07-15, 22:27   Link #124
Raysoul

Quote:
Why not? The last resort is "If we can't capture the base, at least we'll deny it to the Vagans by blowing it up." Besides, the weapon seems to just be a missile with a specialized warhead. If it's similar to what the Vagans used during their attack on Rostruolon, it's something small enough to fit on mobile suits, hence not bulk to worry about.
We don't know what will be its form, but it is still a superweapon.

Like what Flit said, he was just following the standard procedures, again, pointing that it has a clearance to be used the moment Flit said it. Algreus is not that dumb not to know Flit will be using it on that mission.

If in case they are losing in the battlefront, then the last resort scenario is much more plausible. But then they are winning, thanks to Kio.
Old 2012-07-15, 22:44   Link #125
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Flit has been fighting Vagans for 50+ years and there's a lot of justified resentment
Fixed

If he'd been fighting them for over 60 years, then he would've been fighting them as a preschooler >_>
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 22:46   Link #126
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysoul View Post
If in case they are losing in the battlefront, then the last resort scenario is much more plausible. But then they are winning, thanks to Kio.
No. The battle's hardly begun and the Vagans haven't sent out any real hard hitters yet, so we can't really say that they're "winning" yet, though they're certainly making headway.
Old 2012-07-15, 22:47   Link #127
Meltyred

Asemu tries to protect his loved ones, by prolonging the war....
AMAZING.
Kio tries to save everybody, cause he thinks he can. (too bad Obright just got a kill you idiot)
Flit aims for destroying the opposition completely, next thing you know he screams for a blue and pure world and starts using nukes.

Too many ideas fused into Age, next thing you know Legillis has a detachable part that will be last shotted and crap.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 22:48   Link #128
Raysoul

Ok, that's my mistake. What I mean is they are having the stronger foot in the battle. But still that superweapon will be launched no matter what.
Old 2012-07-15, 22:52   Link #129
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
If the three Asunos' standpoints in the war are represented on a political spectrum:

Left----------------Centre----------------Right
Flit-----------------Asemu-----------------Kio

Flit: insists on exterminating the Vagans before the war can come to an end, even those innocents which he claim should be faulted simply because they follow a tyrant.. like they have any choice oh..he's a leftist because his views are the most extreme, as if there's no way to end the war unless you change the demographics on Mars by eradicating the Vagans.

Kio: most conservative out of the three, as contact with the Vagans left a lasting impression on him. wouldn't even lay a finger on the Vagans even if that means sacrificing himself (I think)

Asemu: the political realist, understands that there's no way to stop the fighting unless one side is completely exterminated (barring the nonsense Kio is about to conjur), so aims to maintain the status quo which is basically the best you can bargain for in times of war.
Nice comparison, though I would leave politics out of most subjects, too touchy

Last edited by Skye629; 2012-07-15 at 23:16.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 22:53   Link #130
-khriz-

I can't take Kio seriously when he is being voiced by a woman, honestly why did they think that was a good idea? They should have made him a girl in the first place.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 22:55   Link #131
Dark Wing

Well we have a clash of idles going across 3 generations only they would never stand a chance however together they can shape the future.

and for the record I don't think Romary looks that old!
Old 2012-07-15, 22:55   Link #132
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -khriz- View Post
I can't take Kio seriously when he is being voiced by a woman, honestly why did they think that was a good idea? They should have made him a girl in the first place.
Most young male characters in anime are voiced by women. Kio is hardly special in that regard.
Old 2012-07-15, 22:57   Link #133
-khriz-

Quote:
Most young male characters in anime are voiced by women. Kio is hardly special in that regard.
Must be a thing in Japan... that's just so wrong in so many levels.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 23:01   Link #134
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -khriz- View Post
Must be a thing in Japan... that's just so wrong in so many levels.
Pfft. It happens frequently over in the western side of things too. Both in native-made cartoon and dubbed anime.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:04   Link #135
Dark Wing

Quote:
Pfft. It happens frequently over in the western side of things too. Both in native-made cartoon and dubbed anime.
He's right it's the standard all over the world that young male characters are voiced by women. It's hard for a grown man to sound like a prepubescent boy...
Old 2012-07-15, 23:07   Link #136
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well we have a clash of idles going across 3 generations only they would never stand a chance however together they can shape the future.

and for the record I don't think Romary looks that old!
She's still pretty, but I think her face looks rather lined for someone in their early 40s. To me she looks about 10 years older sometimes.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 23:09   Link #137
Mechanon

Guys, guys... Kio is voiced by a man. Honestly, though, I never thought he sounded all that feminine.

http://myanimelist.net/people/9790/Kazutomi_Yamamoto
Mechanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 23:12   Link #138
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
She's still pretty, but I think her face looks rather lined for someone in their early 40s. To me she looks about 10 years older sometimes.
Well, the day her son was born, she basically became a single mom. Having to lose her husband and raise her only child on her own WOULD be pretty stressful for her regardless of how much support Flit, Emily, and Yunoa gives her. That'd put some extra years on her face.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:21   Link #139
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Interesting new OP. Seeing the 3 protagonists in their younger years is definitely something we won't see in the show
Flit will get a new gundam and Asemu's will get an overhaul?

Kids are finally off the ship, does Wendy have another reason to stay on the ship

Kio turns into Kira the second? Gundam FX is nearly as overpowered as Freedom&Strike Freedom.

Flit turns to the dark side. Will he return to the light or will his kill count reach the heavens?
Kio is better than Kira in the main fact that he admits his new style of doing things is reckless and probably wont work

We cant say FX is OP yet, it haven't fought any Vegan elite units yet

Also Freedom is not that OP (5 guns? Well I got a Quebeley with 30 freaking funnels spamming non stop), SF was OP the way its was portrayed (took no damage when it clearly should have vs equal tech opponents). Also you may as well include Nu, Unicorn ,Turn-A, God Gundam, 00 Gundam and 00 Quanta to the OP list as well
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 23:26   Link #140
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah so awesome episode this week. Kind of got chills a bit cause it really felt like I was watching a Gundam show again after a kind of less than inspiring 3rd quarter in Kio's arc. That one kind of borrowed a bit too much from Soldiers of Sorrow early on and thus didn't really generate too much interest from me other than to see Kio's character come along, but the second part at Vagan was a lot more interesting and full of much needed revelations.

Things seem to be coming to a head here in the final act with all 3 Gundam pilots reunited and doing their own thing. Flit finally seems to have snapped and been pushed over the edge by his descendants disagreements with him and seems to have decided to prove right here and now why his way is the right one almost as a matter of pride. I'd like to hope the character we saw in the first quarter isn't so far gone, but who knows maybe Natora can step up and keep him from doing something he might regret. It'd be a total waste of a base too, especially since they're doing pretty well so far in the fight to recapture the moon base.

Kio seem to be trying to figure things out slowly, but I bet he runs into trouble with his plan to not kill anybody if he can avoid it and I have a hunch Deen will have something to do with it. This isn't Seed Destiny so I just can't help but see this backfiring at some point the way certain things have been set up.

Asemu seems to have more of an end goal in mind than he's letting on to Kio when he talks about trying to balance out the war. If I had to guess the object he's talking about drawing out is either Second Moon or EXA-DB, but how does keeping the moon base in Vagan hands lead to that happening I wonder.

Romary's back of course but as usual doesn't do much other than fawn over her hero Asemu returning and leaving again. She was in the military too though so I guess she'd have an easier time accepting that this is how things are for people like Asemu. I like the scene with her seeing Kio though since they've yet to be in the same scene together.

I wonder how this traitor storyline is going to play out and if Shanalua's scenario is going to come into play with it at all. Girard Spriggan from the looks of it isn't quite the well-intentioned person that she was though and comes off like a mercenary just following the flow of battle. Same for the former Moon Base commander, another example of Flit failing to totally root out corruption. I wonder if the end scenario is none of the principal leaders in the conflict being right. With Ezelcant out of the picture now apparently we'll have to wait and see what the deal is with the person in the capsule that he apparently wants to take over for him.

Anyway really great start to the final act of AGE. There's just so much going on now it looks like it's going to be the usual ride to the end of a Gundam series that I've come to know and love.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion