AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-22, 08:19   Link #4661
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Thursday: I like it, it's simple it could maybe do with a thin black border though.
And I personally don't mind sigs and avatars being the same. 8/10.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-09-22, 08:48   Link #4662
Thursday
Astronomic Bluesman

Send a message via MSN to Thursday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Thursday: I like it, it's simple it could maybe do with a thin black border though.
And I personally don't mind sigs and avatars being the same. 8/10.
I agree. Something could be added to it... Where did you think this black border should be placed, then? Thanks, by the way.
Old 2004-09-22, 12:38   Link #4663
Shin Kell
The Feral Cat!

Send a message via MSN to Shin Kell
PriestessKikyo I love your new sig. The firey background goes really well with the pic of the girl you used. The fancy text you used is really nice but it's a bit hard to make out the P and K. 9/10

Yuiichi Pretty good sig. The text is a wee bit hard to read but other than that it's a solid sig. 8/10

hobobaggins Liking this sig a lot, the black lines just seem to be there and it just looks funky to me. The way your text stands out is a really nice touch 9/10

MidoriShinobi Whee Yuri sig. It is a touch grainy but I can only notice if I get up really close (which I shouldn't cause thats bad for my eyes) 9/10

full_metal_31 Lots of pink ya got going on there. Small, sleek, and simple. My favorite kind of sig 9/10

Don Roberto Pretty nice sig. The text is cool, just kinda big. I think it looks good like that though. 8/10

Shay Aww she's cute. I like how you added your name to the teddy bear looking thing. 8/10

New sig! I gave up on my eye burning yellow sig and went for a dreamy type image.
Old 2004-09-22, 16:17   Link #4664
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
Shay:it's kinda kawaii and i like the colours and pic....8.5/10
Old 2004-09-22, 16:26   Link #4665
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday
Titan: 8/10
Izzy: 9/10
ah~ 7/10. too much dead (orange?? what?) space.

25 pixels over limit, without the text. i would suggest putting the links into the image :P

better watch our or you gonna get you nuked :P

sig/ava=same=death!

Edit:
Quote:
Thanks Apsylus for the signature...
uhh... make your own sig nest time ^^ unless he/she just supplied the source.

Shay- oh my god you rock!

yess!!! yess! thats what ive been looking! (or, if you want to be grammatically correct, for what i have been looking)

I dont like the text, but i like how it is slanted. how did you do that?

10/10 for you!!!!

Last edited by hobobaggins; 2004-09-22 at 16:50.
Old 2004-09-22, 16:30   Link #4666
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
ok guys , a friend challenged me in one of those photoshop forums , its just a sig making face off , hehe , so brought what i did so you people can tell me what you think , took me 3+ hours , even if doesnt look like it , hehehe

Shin Kell - amazing art , only thing i noticed is that your name is too small , cant read it , other than that , 9.3/10

ps- you have the best/funny/weird avatar ive seen , hehehe
Old 2004-09-22, 18:21   Link #4667
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu_33
ok guys , a friend challenged me in one of those photoshop forums , its just a sig making face off , hehe , so brought what i did so you people can tell me what you think , took me 3+ hours , even if doesnt look like it , hehehe

Hmmm... There are 3 things that bug me.

1. The color. Why the hell would anyone choose burgandy as the main color scheme is beyond me. It's a ugly color. It's ugly on shirts, it's ugly on cars, and guess what? It's ugly on signatures.

2. The Gun. It's just not shiny enough. And it looks like the scanlines cut right through it, making it not stand out as much as it should.

3. The quote. not that bad, just after watching Deer Hunter (Robert De Niro) the best gun quote I have heard is "One Shot. One Kill." It's a whole lot better then "All I need is One Shot."

That's pretty much it.
Old 2004-09-22, 18:25   Link #4668
plasmasword001

Send a message via AIM to plasmasword001
What do you guys think of my signature ^_^? I made it myself using Photoshop and Image Ready. I used the running gifs from the naruto gif thread and combined it with a background I found. I use my sig for another forum but since it was about naruto, I figured I could use it here too =D.
Old 2004-09-22, 20:16   Link #4669
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
ya need to R.O.D =)

Anbu_33:totally agree with aahhsin =D....
Old 2004-09-22, 21:08   Link #4670
Yuiichi
Retired.

Anbu_33: Contrary to aahhsin's rating, i really like it. The "liney" (for lack of a better description) effect suits it nicely, and the burgandy adds a nice sort of grunge theme. The font is nice, and the "techy" things also add a good effect. 9.8/10

Shay: Back with another amazing sig, Shay-sama ^_^ Yes, i love the crop you did, and the border suits the image nicely. The slant on the text looks good, although the text is a bit plain... and i think it would suit the picture more if it was either a lighter purple, or a pink like the border. I love it still ^_^ 9.6/10

Shin Kell: I like the text effects and the background. Also, the faded girl behind the guy is a nice effect. It does seeem a bit empty where the text is... if only the text was a bit bigger... 9.4/10
Old 2004-09-22, 21:11   Link #4671
MikoKikyo

Quote:

Really awesome layout, great great image! Maybe I should join a Photoshop forum
I only agree with aahhsin in that the phrase "One Shot. One kill" is more effective and just sounds cooler than "one shot is all i need". But I strongly disagree with the other points. The color is NOT ugly, it's just how the scheme is, and it is part of its uniqueness that makes the layout so great. The gun doesn't need to be any shinier than it already is.
Details around the edge match everything, and even though you crowded a lot into a small work area, it doesn't look cluttered 9.8/10

So I changed the text, finally. I know it's still not very sharp, but its blurriness is part of the "enchanted, dreamy, and heavenly" theme.
Old 2004-09-22, 21:14   Link #4672
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
So I changed the text, finally. I know it's still not very sharp, but its blurriness is part of the "enchanted, dreamy, and heavenly" theme.
I actually didn't mind the previous font that you used. It added effect to the overall image, and we all knew what it said anyways.

This is still good though ^_^ Still 10/10 ^_^
Old 2004-09-22, 23:35   Link #4673
X-1000
Banned

full_metal_31 your sig. is too simple. But since I like simplicity. I am going to give you a score of 9/10.
Old 2004-09-23, 00:38   Link #4674
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:

challenges are good.

i would make the guy stand out more from the background. lose the scanlines from him and his gun.

the color is very unique (who else would have it ) so keep it.

text? quote is fine, but you may want to consider a more appropriate font, i think you are trying to create a "hard" "tough" image, so i would suggest a more tough font... if you get my meaning.

however, 9.5/10 for your time and effort (9.5+ req: lolikon, or close)
Old 2004-09-23, 02:57   Link #4675
Necrodeath

Quote:

Looks cool, the guy looks like he might be from some awesome pixelartist or something. That aside, I think hobo is right, and perhaps you should lower the scanlines layer to below the dude layer (that's if you still have the .psd and if you worked in layers ). Also, because you used diagonal lines in the background (which overlap with the gun btw), I don't think a 45 degree scanline is the way to go. Maybe a linear horizontal one (heck, perhaps a vertical one), may look better perhaps bits of it highlighted by the burn tool to add to the grungy feel. I can't help but thinking that the gun is way too small for the way he's holding it though, but that may just be me >_<
I dunno, I'm not a fan of all the fancyness around the border, but still, good looking sig. 8/10

And aahhsin should learn the ways of the enormously good players of Counter-Strike, where "One shot, Two Kills" apply

Edit: I guess I can rate hobo too :/

hobobaggins - You picked a nice picture, good colour scheme, nice lightning, romantic "/l/-girls-in-love" theme. It's all good, until I meet that big fat black inner border that is, what? 15 pixels placed to the inside? It's a fake excuse for a no border man, you should know better
IMO it'll look better without the border. 6.5/10
Point deduction for size aswell, I'm not a fan of such large sigs.
Old 2004-09-23, 10:28   Link #4676
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
NecroDeath - I love the back ground and your name looks cool.......the Girl aint Bad Either - 9/10
Old 2004-09-23, 12:42   Link #4677
Yuiichi
Retired.

Necrodeath: All i can say initially is wow. I know now why you though my sig was instant. This one is AMAZING!!! The background is crazy amazing, you font and placment and text size is perfect. And the girl is sexy to boot. 10/10 as well ^_^
Old 2004-09-23, 16:29   Link #4678
Avaj
?!!

Necrodeath That is one solid signature, I'd go into what makes it good but thats already been covered. 10/10
Old 2004-09-23, 16:37   Link #4679
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Necrodeath- wow. lots of fancy uses of PS there ^^ :P

problems i see, the background draws waay too much attention off of the girl.

heck, your sig would be complete without the revealing lascavious lovely in the corner .

10/10 for overall sig, but only 9/10 for the subject style/colors.

Quote:
hobobaggins - You picked a nice picture, good colour scheme, nice lightning, romantic "/l/-girls-in-love" theme. It's all good, until I meet that big fat black inner border that is, what? 15 pixels placed to the inside? It's a fake excuse for a no border man, you should know better
IMO it'll look better without the border. 6.5/10
Point deduction for size aswell, I'm not a fan of such large sigs.
i agree with you, i think i should have moved the border size down from 2 px to 1. a bit thick... but if you see the source image, it looks way too plain without the border.

Quote:
It's a fake excuse for a no border man,
yes, it was to appease "la migra" ^^
Old 2004-09-23, 16:46   Link #4680
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
no one rated Lunchboxx sig

first of its pretty original , kinda like your previous sig , which was also great , and that girl , , again it goes well with your avatar , but you should add the purple bg to the ava , only thing i still dont like is the font you used for your name , i think its the same you used for the last sig you had , anyways perfect score , 10+/10 , just for being original.
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, signature