AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-04-24, 13:50   Link #301
DarkDays
Inactive Member

I also lost my unity, from 40GB to ~6GB and apparently to 0 this morning =/

Vista64 Home Premium
DarkDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 20:22   Link #302
Wonderbread

I can't even run the new version on the system I usually run it on. It doesn't launch, like what happens when you rename the executable to something other than "perfect dark.exe", even though I haven't renamed it.

I copied everything to my other system and it works fine (aside from eating my unity, it's down to 22GB from 40). Anyone know why it would think the exe is misnamed even though it isn't?
Wonderbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 20:40   Link #303
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Maybe it's random?

Perhaps it was a way of cleaning out the sludge on the network and making it more current.

I'm not sure how it works in practice, but I can imagine that stuff that's spread out for diffuse distribution might, after a long period of time, be no longer wanted, and if people don't naturally clean out their unity folders by downloadind a lot, then maybe the network gets a lot of unwanted random parts of things that have no complete copy on the network anymore.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 06:01   Link #304
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Perhaps it was a way of cleaning out the sludge on the network and making it more current.
This is what I figured. Some of my unity started disappearing but I thought it was because I migrated everything to a new drive. Started using the old one for a while and stuff started disappearing, too.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 20:22   Link #305
neothe0ne

Loooooooooool 1.04. search limit, fail
Old 2009-04-25, 21:13   Link #306
cyberbeing

neothe0ne, this was always the case, only now there is an error message.
Old 2009-04-25, 21:14   Link #307
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
What search limit/
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 21:24   Link #308
cyberbeing

The 65536 global result limit. Once surpassed, you don't get many results.
Old 2009-04-26, 00:31   Link #309
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Was this present before? I never got to 65536 anyhow; global search without keywords would go to ~20000, keywords would kick it up to ~40000.
Old 2009-04-26, 00:58   Link #310
cyberbeing

It's been present for a very long time. Mine usually hovers somewhere between 50000-66000 (yes, you can go over the limit, but not by much). It really depends on what keywords you're using. Some are just extremely hard to narrow down without knowing what specifically you are looking for. Making good use or AND, OR, NOT so you don't have overlapping searches is key. Removing old, unused keywords and sub-keywords which generate 1000 results (since they will usually generate way more then 1000 in the global limit) is also important.
Old 2009-04-26, 16:10   Link #311
Doughnuts

I don't suppose the "search total number" = "65535" in mutagen/visual.txt would affect anything? Or is that just there for visual purposes?
I imagine, considering that default value, that the result count would be stored as a 16b integer and capped as so, but otherwise, I think it'd be pretty simple to remove the limit.

My search usually stops around 25k anyway, even with dozens of queries. Sometimes it resets itself too when I leave it going. Anyone know why it does that?
Doughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 01:59   Link #312
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnuts View Post
I don't suppose the "search total number" = "65535" in mutagen/visual.txt would affect anything? Or is that just there for visual purposes?
I imagine, considering that default value, that the result count would be stored as a 16b integer and capped as so, but otherwise, I think it'd be pretty simple to remove the limit.
IIRC, 65536b is the maximum size of an unsigned float. It probably needs to be a long float or a double or something, idk. I could be completely wrong. My guess about the mutagen value is when it pops up the error rather than any real limit.

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 07:58   Link #313
Doughnuts

I'm sure you meant Integer, since floats have no sign (or are always signed). There'd be no reason for anyone to store a counter in a float anyway.

Considering the value in the mutagen file is 65536, rather than 65535 (the maximum value of a 16b int), It'd make sense to assume that the counter is held as a 32b int in memory and treated as such, so unless there are any additional checks, you 'should' be able to increase it.

I'm curious as to whether that mutagen file actually does anything though. I've changed the value in the file, reloaded the app and attached a debugger, found what appears to be the code that does the normal comparison to the max search results and checked it's value again, but it remains 65536 and not the value I changed it to. :s. Hopefully though, you could just NOP the JBE after the comparison and if there are no further checks, you'll be able to get as many search results as you want, but the effects will be unpredictable.
Doughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 22:35   Link #314
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

As the child of the pieces of another once secure network (Share) PD probably has some checks against itself being edited.
Old 2009-05-02, 00:54   Link #315
Waryas

Quote:
As the child of the pieces of another once secure network (Share) PD probably has some checks against itself being edited.
You can always do a dll injection which hooks one of its main function or if it's secured against its own memory being edited, just use a hardware breakpoint "hook".
Not rocket science.
Quote:
IIRC, 65536b is the maximum size of an unsigned float.
What ... ?
Quote:
It probably needs to be a long float or a double
what ?!

It's probably coded as an unsigned short but if it's coded as an int, it shouldn't be hard editing it.

Last edited by Waryas; 2009-05-02 at 01:07.
Waryas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 21:12   Link #316
Subrand0m

I have had Perfect dark running faily good for the past few months, grate way to grab your raws. Well I was looking for some Raws, the names will not be said seeing as they are licensed now. When the download starts and I look at it in the download section the back is all red as if it is high lighted on all 15 of the ep's I am downloading. Any idea as to why this happens?
Subrand0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 21:32   Link #317
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrand0m View Post
When the download starts and I look at it in the download section the back is all red as if it is high lighted on all 15 of the ep's I am downloading. Any idea as to why this happens?
See this post: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=150
Old 2009-05-09, 17:38   Link #318
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

I am having some issues with Perfect Dark under Wine. The problem is that I can't see any characters correctly (basically those squarest that appear in Windows when you haven't installed the East Asian language support). Can somebody direct me on how to fix this problem?
Old 2009-05-10, 04:22   Link #319
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_blah View Post
I am having some issues with Perfect Dark under Wine. The problem is that I can't see any characters correctly (basically those squarest that appear in Windows when you haven't installed the East Asian language support). Can somebody direct me on how to fix this problem?
This has been brought up multiple times. LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine perfect\ dark.exe and set the language to English inside PD itself.

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 08:35   Link #320
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Just installed PD 1.03. Still new to this, need help to get started.

I followed the tutorial online http://www.jcafe24.com/index.php?PHP...&topic=518.100
Even after all the settings and adding nodes, somehow the program appears to be always offline. Screenie below.

- I already forward and open the port (if it is the port error the error message would be different anyway I think) {
- Already adding the nodes from several sites
- Already create username
- I turned off my anti-virus and also firewall just to be sure.

Doesn't seems like its uploading / downloading anything - it just said offline. From what I heard my unity suppose to be 2G before I can start download. But since my download is not going anywhere my unity is still sitting at 0 for the past 1/2 hour now.

Is there any magic "GO ONLINE" button I have to click? I can't seems to see any.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, perfect dark