AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-04-16, 18:16   Link #4361
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
It depends, we still do not know whether the original GN-X IV were the same as it is now. For all we know, the cancellation of the Ahead means that the GN-X IV's purpose may have shifted a bit, making it more "heavier" in base design than it was originally meant to be.
It seems kinda improbable that the ESF would do a redesign on the GN-XIV since that would mean they would have had to develop 2 new units where as if they intend to use the GN-Flag instead of Neo-Hed would have to develop just one new unit.

Quote:
The GN-X IV and the New Flags seems to be very different at the glances we have had for them. We can easily see each of them being specialized for different specialized roles that the army may have.
Sonic your right the GN-XIV and the New Flags do seem to be very different which was the reason why I thought the New Flags would probably have there own generic command model.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 21:20   Link #4362
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

So, it seems that GN-X IV and the new "Flag-like" mobile suit will be the mainstay of ESF's GN-enabled suits.

One wonders whether there will be any differences in the GN drives used for the GN-X IV and the "Flag" respectively.

Since ESF also asurped control of Celestial Being, if time does not forbid, would the ESF be able to access information from Veda that will help in the production of their new mobile suits?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming that the antagonists of the movie are "Aliens", and not ESF or any other perpetrators,

What will their energy sources be? In the span of four years, and disregarding absurd light speed travel, do these "Aliens" reside in the Solar System itself? Jupiter seems like a wise choice.

Might they have noticed the effects of the Trans-Am System? If so, what are their motives for coming to Earth? To reclaim the genuine GN drives?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What might have prompted Billy Katagiri to ask Senator Klaus Grad to table a bill in the ESF senate to force citizens with high QBW factor into a containment facility? Other than something really urgent and necessary, I don't expect Billy to do it just for the sake of research.

Why did Allelujah sound so distraught about that matter?
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 23:31   Link #4363
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Jupiter seems like a wise choice.
Well, for the 10 millionth time, it was said in the first 00V Senki file, that Celestial Being (the organization) is at Jupiter, doing something related to Setsuna's new Innovator abilities. Which has to be the new TDS for the 00Q.

So, IF aliens make their appearance, it won't be from Jupiter.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-04-17 at 03:55.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 03:50   Link #4364
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

I would have to agree with GN0010 nosferatu, since we do know that Jupiter was where the original drives were built and i doubt the aliens would let some of celestial beings guys build something like a gn drive in their back yard.

I probably think that the new TDS was built in jupiter which was suggested by a number of ppl in this forum awhile back , but there is alot we don't know at this moment in time and none of the movie trailers so far has covered anything about jupiter. The only thing we have on Jupiter is that short movie teaser with 5 lights around the planet and 00v senki mentioning a Jupiter project. Did it say something about the jupiter mission relating to setsunas new ability in 00v senki?. I may of missed that part, got any more details?
Old 2010-04-17, 05:14   Link #4365
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
My personal idea: If aliens (!) really existed in anno domini era, they was be totally invading earth before Aeolia. Descartes is totally not be a alien, but more plausible as be a first generation Innovade = a modified human, not a ET, Alien or Predator

Last edited by Akuma_Blade; 2010-04-17 at 05:33.
Akuma_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 05:26   Link #4366
Setsuna_F.Seiei
Mokyo kuchiki suru

Send a message via MSN to Setsuna_F.Seiei
I still can't believe that there will be aliens in a gundam movie and specially in gundam 00 !
i mean ...com on ...!! what would they look like ?! and if there's aliens why didn't they at least show us something in those trailers, all we've seen so far are the Gundams, descartes, space...!
Hope they know what they're doing !
Setsuna_F.Seiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 05:39   Link #4367
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma_Blade View Post
My personal idea: If aliens (!) really existed in anno domini era, they was be totally invading earth before Aeolia. Descartes is totally not be a alien, but more plausible as be a first generation Innovade = a modified human, not a ET, Alien or Predator
Wasn't it said that Descartes is a true innovator like setsuna? which doesn't make him a innovade. According to newtype mag, He is a innovator but where he got his powers from or where he was born is unknown.

Doesn't the appearance of descartes who is a true innovator kind of rule out innovados as the villains?.

Anyway for Descartes to be the villain, he would have to have the federation army behind him. But would the federation place their trust on a innovator just like that, surely a few lessons would of been learned about not doing what the guy with the glowing eyes tell you. I would suspect he is working for the federation as a pilot but isn't the mastermind. I don't really see the federation placing their trust on a innovator so easily especially considering they plan to seal potential innovators into QBW isolation. So they are probably using descartes as a pilot but not given him too big of a position of power and maybe hes the one the federation will commit for the dialogues to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna_F.Seiei View Post
I still can't believe that there will be aliens in a gundam movie and specially in gundam 00 !
i mean ...com on ...!! what would they look like ?! and if there's aliens why didn't they at least show us something in those trailers, all we've seen so far are the Gundams, descartes, space...!
I never believed that we would have genderless beings in gundam 00 and man i was so wrong haha

Last edited by GundamMeisterLockon; 2010-04-17 at 07:28.
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 05:41   Link #4368
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
We're still not 100% sure if aliens WILL be in the movie. It can go either way. We certainly have a lot of info from the show and Mizushima himself that points to aliens. But, the same can be said about aliens NOT appearing.

Say they do appear, I doubt they'll be anything radical. If I was a betting man, I'd say the would-be aliens are going to be another race of humans have who Innovated years and years before us. Posing a great challenge to the Earth's armies. Thus, bringing Celestial Being back into the picture with new Gundams and an Innovator of their own, same goes with Descartes.
Old 2010-04-17, 06:43   Link #4369
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post

Say they do appear, I doubt they'll be anything radical. If I was a betting man, I'd say the would-be aliens are going to be another race of humans have who Innovated years and years before us. Posing a great challenge to the Earth's armies. Thus, bringing Celestial Being back into the picture with new Gundams and an Innovator of their own, same goes with Descartes.
Seem like Clan faction from BattleTech series...
Old 2010-04-17, 06:45   Link #4370
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
what is with aliens in Gundam? what happened to all the Zeon Oldsmobile/ Jupiter empire theory?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 07:09   Link #4371
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
what is with aliens in Gundam? what happened to all the Zeon Oldsmobile/ Jupiter empire theory?
There's no Zeon in Gundam 00, and Jupiter is already taken by Celestial Being *points to 00V Senki again and again*
Old 2010-04-17, 10:27   Link #4372
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Wasn't it said that Descartes is a true innovator like setsuna? which doesn't make him a innovade. According to newtype mag, He is a innovator but where he got his powers from or where he was born is unknown.

Doesn't the appearance of descartes who is a true innovator kind of rule out innovados as the villains?.
Not really since we don't know what's going on with Descartes or how many innovators/ innovados are out there or close there view line up with his.

Quote:
Anyway for Descartes to be the villain, he would have to have the federation army behind him. But would the federation place their trust on a innovator just like that, surely a few lessons would of been learned about not doing what the guy with the glowing eyes tell you. I would suspect he is working for the federation as a pilot but isn't the mastermind. I don't really see the federation placing their trust on a innovator so easily especially considering they plan to seal potential innovators into QBW isolation. So they are probably using descartes as a pilot but not given him too big of a position of power and maybe hes the one the federation will commit for the dialogues to come.
They probably are trying to keep him on a short leash but we don't know what a fully developed innovator is capable of and I doubt the ESF does either so who knows how succesful they're being at it. Also just because he is an innovator doesn't automaticaly mean he is the leader there could be more then one and probably are if he is the real deal and doesn't turn out to be another innovade posing as one.
Old 2010-04-17, 11:35   Link #4373
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

The fed do know all about the innovades ,since it was mentioned that they were overlooking and controlling the data gathering process the innovades were carrying out. I wonder if they would take a good look at him and try to confirm he is a true innovator and not a innovado since they are aware of the existence of both.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:40   Link #4374
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
Buff Clan from Ideon, S-1 from Baldios, Jupiter Empire from Crossbone Gundam (and etc) was consequently humans but they have more powered than our world's general technology level. If they living at space colonies/outer space systems and if they have more advanced technology, how can this situation give to them "Alien" naming?

If Alien (!) race already exists, why we're only known about him with "other species..."-like one word quibble and Aeolia was if know about aliens (!), why CB weren't strike them much more before? I can't refuse existence presumptly mysterious Jovian system projects at 22XX but if Movie will named them "Aliens", this explation only can be ridiculous for me.

not: please forgive my English
Akuma_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 12:47   Link #4375
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
The fed do know all about the innovades ,since it was mentioned that they were overlooking and controlling the data gathering process the innovades were carrying out. I wonder if they would take a good look at him and try to confirm he is a true innovator and not a innovado since they are aware of the existence of both.
Lockon there is a difference between knowing about something existance and knowing it's full abilities. I'm not sure how helpful Veda would be either we know Aelioa had some had idea of what the end result would be because the 00 Rasier scanned Setsuna and confirmed he was an innovade however we don't know is if that data is in Veda or just the GN Drives.
Old 2010-04-17, 13:15   Link #4376
kakakka

Quote:
Aeolia was if know about aliens (!), why CB weren't strike them much more before?
Because it's better to deal with what's on Earth than deal with something outside. Aeolia's goal is for mankind, not against Aliens.

Quote:
...because the 00 Rasier scanned Setsuna and confirmed he was an innovade
Innovator.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 13:23   Link #4377
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma_Blade View Post
Buff Clan from Ideon, S-1 from Baldios, Jupiter Empire from Crossbone Gundam (and etc) was consequently humans but they have more powered than our world's general technology level. If they living at space colonies/outer space systems and if they have more advanced technology, how can this situation give to them "Alien" naming?
Well they shouldn't and I wouldn't consider them to be aliens really but the people making the show can do what they want and things what they want

Quote:
If Alien (!) race already exists, why we're only known about him with "other species..."-like one word quibble and Aeolia was if know about aliens (!), why CB weren't strike them much more before? I can't refuse existence presumptly mysterious Jovian system projects at 22XX but if Movie will named them "Aliens", this explation only can be ridiculous for me.
I'm not sure I understand what your saying but Aeolia didn't really know about alien lifeforms it was more of an assumption that one day we would leave our solar system and sooner or later run into other sentient life.
Old 2010-04-17, 13:47   Link #4378
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Because it's better to deal with what's on Earth than deal with something outside. Aeolia's goal is for mankind, not against Aliens.
Never mind that Aeolia's goal was ultimately designed to prevent a war between mankind and aliens from occurring in the first place.
Old 2010-04-17, 14:44   Link #4379
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
It seems kinda improbable that the ESF would do a redesign on the GN-XIV since that would mean they would have had to develop 2 new units where as if they intend to use the GN-Flag instead of Neo-Hed would have to develop just one new unit.
I'm not saying that it was totally redesigned but considering that the GN-X IV was not completed by the end of S2 and the changing of the military plan, some modifications are always possible to the general design, just to slightly change things.

Besides, I really dont expect the "light"-ness of a theoretical initial GN-X IV to be anything that is radically different than the previous GN-X series anyways, if anything was indeed changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Well, for the 10 millionth time, it was said in the first 00V Senki file, that Celestial Being (the organization) is at Jupiter, doing something related to Setsuna's new Innovator abilities. Which has to be the new TDS for the 00Q.

So, IF aliens make their appearance, it won't be from Jupiter.
Its hard to tell at this point, we have no evidence that the CB team had 0 encounter with them, since they were there for 20 years. And there is always the possibility that the aliens are some sort of "more advanced" race that has decided to observe humanity first.

They dont even have to be an entire civilization living on a planet or colony, they can just be some exploration crew. Not only is Jupiter a gas giant, its incredibly huge.

Quote:
Yeah, so do I. I am however feeling more optimistic about this alien possibility thing. I frankly wasnt so happy when Tiera mentioned it in S224, the additions of aliens into the context of the series that is. But we'll just have to see how it goes.

But the director did talk about expanding the movie beyond boundaries of where the Gundam metaseries has gone before in the 2307-2312 Mission Complete sourcebook. Whatever the hell he means by that.

Although, if I'm not mistaken in the recent event some of the pics have both Federation and CB units being fired upon a blue beam.
Old 2010-04-17, 15:09   Link #4380
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Having recently played Command and Conquer 3 for the first time, I would not be very surprised if the antagonist of the movie lured aliens to the Solar System, resulting in attacks against both the ESF and CB.

The similar colors in beams between those shown on the movie previews and the Scrin certainly aren't helping this speculation of mine.

Tags
gundam 00 movie