AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 31.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 26.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-07, 22:05   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Little Busters - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-12-08, 09:13   Link #2
matrixhazard

At last, Mio got her official debut in this episode. But it looks weird to me since this is my first time when all of main characters got their proper introduction almost at the halfway of series. If J.C. just follow the pattern of girl of the week before including Komari's Arc and Rin episode in ep9 I won't mind much. I'm not sure whether there is reason behind this or not

Only unnecessary and annoying thing for me in this episode is Anego involved in the incident near the climax. But looks like she got more spotlight in this episode. Or maybe is this a hint that her arc will be the next one?

BTW, is it me or animation quality pattern from 7-10 is somewhat like "Bad - Good - Bad - Good". For me, episode 10 have a good drawing quality comparing to previous one even though this episode looks somewhat sleepy that might come from Mio's behavior

However, finally, next eps will be about something Little-Busters-ish like courage testing Hope they will have something else in the game too.
Old 2012-12-08, 15:11   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This episode sure made me unable to dig with Mio's new seiyuu. Instead of being just calm and quiet, Mio feels a bit on the absolutely void of emotion, Rei-type like.
Either way, I'm still baffled why they decided to introduce her (no, kud episode doesn't count) that lately, despite they could do that earlier with ease with simple baseball practice like this one.

Anyway, I guess they felt like full ep for every girl isn't too bad, but I still think they should have spread a bit the "flags" around so it doesn't feel like "girl of the week" episode, even moreso that since Komari's route is over, it doesn't really give an actual impression that "something changed/progressed" afterwards. For now, the pacing is quite imbalanced, but at least the "group" feeling is starting to be on track, albeit too lately.

Very minor and useless note but... wasn't Yuiko sitting on the right seat of the last row (even if it was the opposite in the VN ) in an early ep? Looks like they switched out Mio and Yuiko's, perhaps after figuring out the early mistake.
Old 2012-12-08, 18:01   Link #4
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I'm just curious. Are many people only exaggerating or this show really that bad? I mean that I don't hear anything positive about it.
Old 2012-12-08, 18:05   Link #5
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I'm just curious. Are many people only exaggerating or this show really that bad? I mean that I don't hear anything positive about it.
I think it's fine. Not the best, with a few things I don't care for (i.e. Komari's voice), but I think a lot of the negativity comes from game-players who were disappointed that it's not 100% on par with the original game. I don't know if they're justified or not, as I haven't played it myself.
Old 2012-12-08, 21:16   Link #6
Entravity

A more philosophical episode this time around which I enjoyed. Things are pretty slow but personally, I think some episodes are decent even if they're slow while others are just... slow.
Old 2012-12-08, 22:36   Link #7
GDB

Quote:
That's usually from the VN players, who have hyped this up so much in their own heads that it was literally going to be impossible to match their perceived level of hype. As someone who hasn't played the VN, it's quite a well done series.
Old 2012-12-08, 22:56   Link #8
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

I guess I'm still the minority who loves the Visual Novel and is still enjoying this adaptation. It's far from perfect, but I'd never call it bad, I'm finding it quite enjoyable.

You were a bit late Mio, but it's nice to finally have you join the party
Old 2012-12-08, 23:03   Link #9
Red_Zeal_Knight

Mio finally joins the group and episode was pretty good
Really liked the one to one moments between Riki and Mio
Old 2012-12-08, 23:37   Link #10
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I love how this anime uses the unused music track from the VN.
Old 2012-12-08, 23:40   Link #11
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's usually from the VN players, who have hyped this up so much in their own heads that it was literally going to be impossible to match their perceived level of hype. As someone who hasn't played the VN, it's quite a well done series.
I'm already taking a break from the anime, including posting in the anime threads, but upon checking this thread I couldn't help but notice your post.

Please, do explain to me how someone that admits to not having played the VN knows just how much the VN players are hyping the series up in their heads.

Personally the anime is fine when it comes to sound and animation...little problem here and there but hey, every anime has those and they never really bothered me.
The real problems I've found within the anime (and as far as I am aware, the same problem in the complaining VN players minds) are the radical changes to the plot and characters compared to the original source. Now, most of these are pretty much things that only VN players would notice thus why I understand fully why anime only watchers don't notice/find it to be a problem. I have noticed as well the lack of impact certain scenes have on anime watchers, like Komari's break-down scene. Comparing the reaction I've noticed from anime watchers and the reactions from the VN players (while playing the VN), the VN carried a much bigger impact with that short scene alone.

IMHO in the 10 released episodes so far the anime would get an 8 or even 9 when it comes to visual and sound transition from the VN but the plot gets a pretty solid 3.

I'm off to my Anego worshiping cave once again.
Old 2012-12-09, 01:18   Link #12
Meltyred

Seem to think they are not going into any route for a loooong time..
And they didn't use the same poem I think... (gonna replay that scene in VN)
Old 2012-12-09, 02:23   Link #13
novalysis

Well, that was a very engaging introduction episode. It's just that it feels like it should have been earlier.

Somehow though, I suspect that the story would go into the Mio Route before long- Mio's situation is a little analogous to Komari, in that this isn't an instant recruitment.
Old 2012-12-09, 03:58   Link #14
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
There is no clear cut answer. You'll have to judge for yourself after watching it. As a non-VN player, anime-only viewer, I'm pretty much blaming the direction of this series which has a trickled down effect on the quality control of animation, voice-acting, script-writing to pacing. It's a broad range of things the head-honcho (director) fail to make adjustment to probably because he is limited by his own capacity as a director. Komari's mini-arc was a testament to what I consider ails the show.
Old 2012-12-09, 04:04   Link #15
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The umbrella girl's original voice actor is actually Kawaragi, it seems. But since she is on a pregnancy leave, they had to change her voice actor (?
Can't help it, but unfortunate... (´Д⊂グスン

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-12-09, 04:37   Link #16
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well, so far I know that all VN players are complaining about unknown stuff...
thanks God, I don't play VN at all

oh yea! let's talk about this episode...

a girl like Mio isn't truly my favorite character... but her appearance and this episode is pretty decent and nice...
now I understand how to recruit people... thanks, Naoe Riki!
when Yui-chan mentioned she found a shy girl who can't ask about the book, my mind is calling Rin! but unfortunately it isn't her...

glad to see all members are getting along together... now, the true story started?!
Old 2012-12-09, 05:04   Link #17
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hmm, so our new member of the Little Busters gets formally introduced and seems to have a way for words, either by abusing definitions to prove themselves right or to prove others wrong, and then randomly go off to ramble some other possibly potentially interesting but completely irrelevant concepts. Also seems to have some kind of contempt for those high above and desires to bring them back down to earth. No, they didn't recruit me.

Anyhow Mio seems a tad more sophisticated than the group we've been used to, and I hope she can serve as the voice of reason to our rather overly zany group. If Key does anything right it'd be those shy quiet girls with a hint of depth waiting slightly below. Well, I hope there will be more to her character, though Yuiko's superb batman like investigator skills made me laugh. And why does JC staff seem to bring up everyone's ass except hers? Hmmph. Edit: Apparently they did flash it quickly.

Also, the animation was once again really spotty, but it was an enjoyable experience and Mio's character was adequately described well in a concise but fairly clear fashion. 9/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-12-09 at 05:24.
Old 2012-12-09, 07:56   Link #18
ReinhartX

i start to like nishizono alot heh

also would like to ask which OST is used during the scene where riki retrieved the ball from nishizono at the start
Old 2012-12-09, 08:53   Link #19
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Damn, I was just trying to answer the OST question :P.

Despite Mio's new seiyuu made her voice so much of a Rei archetype, I still enjoyed her speech and interactions with Riki. Now the team is fully gathered, hope the new arc arrive soon to pick up the pace.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2012-12-09, 09:59   Link #20
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I hope it's Mio's arc would take the stage next week!
Closed Thread