AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 95 68.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 18.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 3.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-13, 04:29   Link #61
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I've seen all this before from the 1st season of Index. And while this arc had always been my favorite throughout, I just don't remember it being this good.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 04:37   Link #62
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
That is just a language issue. The sub I saw said "what if he lost to academy city's weakest level 0" and I'm guessing what you saw was similar, but a more clear (and more awkward and thus probably why the other is used) way to put that is "what if he lost to a level 0, the weakest in Academy City." I mean its all really the same, except the first also can be interpreted in the way you are talking about (implying that Touma is saying he is the weakest). Anyway, 'Academy City's weakest' is the description for the rank of level 0, and not the description of a specific level 0.
No. I'm pretty sure he means it. It's not explained in the anime so here's why I say this:
Spoiler for why Touma is the weakest level 0:

I conclude this because it is phrased that way in all manga/anime/LN versions of this... and so is therefore most likely intentional.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 04:37   Link #63
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
I've seen all this before from the 1st season of Index. And while this arc had always been my favorite throughout, I just don't remember it being this good.
That's because this arc adaptation is superior in nearly every way. :P
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 04:39   Link #64
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
That's because this arc adaptation is superior in nearly every way. :P
Nearly? In what way is it not superior?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 04:59   Link #65
zibi88

Loved this ep. best heart squashing scene was when touma was comforting misaka by patting her head....not only she was blushing but was crying kinda in ease that there is someone who would do this for her and had no bad throughts about all that... so had someone she could talk to about anything and cry out when she feels like crying after all she went throught and all she was holding in..... voice actress was very good here... the sad ease cry with the bridge in background

I dont get it why people complain... its Railgun not Index series.... in index series index was the main focus and stuff around her..... here misaka is the star and we generally see from her point of view (her troughts not toumas)...in index they did it kinda in a rushed sense becouse it was not covered so much like its done here

from ep5 till now we each episode saw mikotos doing... her suffering...trying to find a way so she had lots on her heart.... while in index we generally saw the bridge scene from toumas perspective without kowing what misaka went throught

anyway its good that the whole bridge scene was done in this whole ep. so from next episodes we will get streight to the fight

and I have a feeling that in the DVD release we will get a director cut scene so scene that was cut out from the tv episode... which is the talk about the crosses on the maps but time will show
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 05:03   Link #66
Awrya
U mad?

After watching this episode, I rewatched episode 12 of Majutsu S1, Rina Satō's voice acting improved a lot, guess it helped doing the scene twice.
Old 2013-07-13, 05:37   Link #67
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Just rewatched it with subs and I have to say again, how amazed I am XD This was waaay past my expectations and believe me, mine were high :P This episode made me realise (now that I know what they are saying) just how much change Mikoto went through during this arc. In season 1, she was always so optimistic, so naive and idealistic... In season 2, she tried to remain that way but it all collapsed when she realised nothing seemed to be working. She says to Touma, "There's absolutely nothing you can do. Don't just spew your pretty words and ideals. You make me sick."
Wasn't she like that herself in season 1? During level upper incident, during her fight with that tentacle AIM burst monster, she says, "Yeah... but why not try again? Quit moping around here. Stop lying to yourself... And once more!" I think it's a nice parallel if you can see it that way.
It really shows how much this has affected her as a person. No more innocent Mikoto :'(
Anways, I think my rating for this ep soared above 10 after watching subs :P Have to emphasise again how well they fit all the OSTs together, to match the storyline perfectly! J.C. Staff, I will never doubt you again!

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 06:23   Link #68
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Is Touma's cellphone a Nokia? After getting shocked still works fine.

And Dog the cat(like this name) must be some kind of esper with resistance to electric attacks or maybe a magician in disguise

@dniv Can't help myself I love teasing people that way.
I know, right? Nokia is the best. Nuff said.

Anyway, 20/10 for this one! Cause the Touma x Mikoto moment took the most spotlight in this episode. It has more emotions and is much more refined than Index's. No offense, Index. Railgun made it better, but it doesn't mean I don't like Index.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 06:50   Link #69
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
And on further hindsight I like how the next episode's PV Touma shows off a fighting stance, since most of the time what he does is directly run for the punch. Either run from or run towards the target.
Fortunately this is 2013 and things become much better.

I really love seeing Touma in his fighting form rather than being just a weed who knows how to punch
Old 2013-07-13, 06:56   Link #70
Tranhieu

So it seems everyone has complimented it enough (or not?) that I don't need to add another one here but honestly I don't know what's more to say about this episode, JC Staff has far surpassed my expectations and this one isn't an exception.

Btw while the background music is great, it's kinda monotonic at times. They should have added one or two more new pieces, especially the moment Touma got shot the 2nd time before waking up finding himself resting on Misaka's laps, the background song was cut off a bit abruptly though.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 08:34   Link #71
s07195
However,

First exposure to animated Sister's arc, and I was mindblown by this episode.

...So good... T_T
Old 2013-07-13, 08:43   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
No. I'm pretty sure he means it. It's not explained in the anime so here's why I say this:
Spoiler for why Touma is the weakest level 0:

I conclude this because it is phrased that way in all manga/anime/LN versions of this... and so is therefore most likely intentional.

It's just for poetic effect, don't read too much into it.

Its a set up for "The Strongest vs The Weakest".
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:02   Link #73
eiyuu99

Touma broke the delusion of the system scan.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:19   Link #74
Shinhwa
Banned

Next episode: Here comes "I will break that illusion of yours!!!"

Touma is the best! EVER <3

I swear this episode deserves like 100/10 for all I care. Way too awesome.

Episodes like this makes me support Mikoto and Touma all the way more and more <3
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:36   Link #75
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Everybody's already said what I think, but I just wanted to say it again: wow this was awesome. Best adaption of this scene yet (and unless they somehow adapt it again, ever).

I really can't wait for Touma vs Accelerator now. With this quality of animation it will be fantastic.
Old 2013-07-13, 09:37   Link #76
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Next episode: Here comes "I will break that illusion of yours!!!"

Touma is the best! EVER <3

I swear this episode deserves like 100/10 for all I care. Way too awesome.

Episodes like this makes me support Mikoto and Touma all the way more and more <3
im very satisfied on how they been adapting touma lately IMO. hes been so great that not even once did i felt bored with his appearence i just kept on smiling.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:39   Link #77
Draco Spirit

Another strong Railgun S episode.

It really is miles better than the first session which focused a little bit much on slice of life and feelings, to the point were the action slow down to a snail pace.

Railgun S on the other hand mixes in the slice of life and feeling stuff with very real and heavy danger.

Take Kuroko for example. In season 1 she and her feeling for Mikoto was mostly comic relief and fanservice. In this arc her feeling are treated more seriously... she worried about her friend and thinking deeply over the moral dilemma should she respectfully wait for Mikota to tell her what wrong, or take initiative with the issue and possibly damage the trust between them?

Touma works somewhat better as a savior figure in Railgun S too, because we see him from the outside, and it strengthens the image by a few notches.

It also doesn't hurt the music, animation and voice acting are up a notch of course!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 10:01   Link #78
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Wow, just wow.
I have no other words.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 10:32   Link #79
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Oh my god, this was awesome.

Touma's art has gone a long way since Index I and the voice actings were, in my opinion, better than in Index I, not only Satou Rina.

The Misaka blowing up the bridge scene was much more intense than what I remember in Index I.

This scene is actually more much heartwarming than the Index version to me (says the person who kept grinning like an idiot during the whole episode).

And that Kamikoto.

If only J.C Staff could always do such awesome episodes, my estime for them would go so much more higher.
Old 2013-07-13, 10:48   Link #80
Miraluka
Banned

People are liking this more because the main focus isn't what Touma sees but what Mikoto(who is quite popular) goes trough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
touma is not wanna be a hero, he already a hero..., by the way.....mikoto is wrong...there is alot of hero in academy city..not just our touma, she just dont know where to look...even though the one that can defeat accelerator is only him tho...
Well, she didn't to involve anyone on this so she never tried to ask for help .

... not only Touma, though...

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-07-13 at 11:02.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sexism