AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-19, 07:14   Link #2901
Kunagisa

Spoiler for size:

Greatest love story ever told!
As a Mikono fan from the beginning (then again I wouldn't mind if Zessica wins either), this is a happy day to celebrate.
Quite honestly, this is the last series that I expected such good romance from this season mainly because I keep forgetting there's romance element in this in between all the awesome comedy and action (I keep thinking the males as official couples rather than any of the heterosexual couples ...).
The only question I'm interested now is who Amata's father is . I wonder how weird Amata would feel if he knows a whole planet of people is lusting afterworshipping his mom .
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 07:24   Link #2902
Sixth
Hu Tao

Amata's father? Pretty sure it is Izumo...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 07:28   Link #2903
mayumi

Zessica might not be so much in love with amata as say being in love with the idea of love. Say she does carry silvia's memories and has been truly waiting 12000 years only to see herself getting trolled and ignored will lead to huge outburst. Especially with her element power being so hugely similar to silvia's.

However mikono also has silvia's connect power which was revealed in the end of first series. She really could be the donut that ties amata, zessica, mikono and kagura together.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 07:35   Link #2904
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Well, I've seen quite a few plotholes so far. I'm hoping that changes with the future. I just thought that one was a large one.

That one, along with the fact that Amata and Mikono were sitting in front of a statue but ironically landed in a tree when Kagura appeared despite the fact they hadn't flown anywhere besides up. Uh, I've heard of screwing up in live-action with where the props are but anime... it's just cliche.
I was actually a little bothered by that landing as well so I decided to have a crack at solving the mystery:

(I only noted the other tree and pole's distances as a sign of inconsistency)
I'd say the problem lies with the animators not being clear about the fact that they did not go straight up but rather were floating ever so slightly to the left with some minor deviations that allowed them to land on the tree nearby.

Quote:
Regardless, ending the whole scene with Jin's expression wasn't helpful to actually end the previous scene. And, still, Zessica mentioning it when she apparently had no ties to the movie itself - meaning she hasn't stated whether or not she's seen it before - leaves another plothole. For Amata said the movie wasn't a big success. So the people who actually saw it had to be very little if any at all. (I'm referring to episode one here.) But in the beginning of the episode, when she looks at Mikono, she has a flash of Alicia. That's our only clue, apparently.
That's just something we have to wait for future episodes to confirm before jumping to conclusions.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 07:55   Link #2905
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Aquarion EVOL episode 12 truly was excellent and loads of fun.

The two major romances in it (Amata/Mikono and Jin/Yunoha) came across as very cute and sweet (the series of images that Kunagisa put up here beautifully showcases why Amata/Mikono was so great this episode).

At the same time, ominous obstacles occur to threaten both of these romances, adding great drama and suspense to them.

Amata/Mikono is threatened both by the awesomely executed arrival of Kagura, as well as by Zessica falling deeper and deeper into an overwhelming jealousy (more on this later).

Jin/Yunoha is threatened by a Jin who's in a decided conflict of interest - His mission involves him basically kidnapping the girl that he's now fallen for. I look forward to Yunoha likely developing Stockholm Syndrome before this is all said and done.

It really is quite impressive how much they managed to pack into this episode.

Andy actually came across as pretty smooth and charismatic here. I like how his character is a bit more practical, efficient, and dynamic than the vast majority of "perverted wingman" of anime shows that I've seen.

Shrade and Cayenne had a couple very good scenes. Even as a straight guy, I can see how fujoshis would be loving this (the gender-bent yuri equivalent of this would appeal to me greatly, lol ). And even with that fujoshi aspect in play, I do like the sincere friendship of Shrade and Cayenne, and how it's been developed in this anime. These two characters tend to provide a good stablizing role relative to the other characters, displaying a good, contrasting ying to the yang shown by the shenanigans that tend to surround the other teenaged characters.

And finally I come back to Zessica. I wasn't liking how her character had been handled lately, because I feared that all of Zessica's recently displayed insecurities would lead to a really lame love triangle end where Zessica just gives up without a fight, or even without doing much of anything. But now I'm thinking like Vena is. They've built up "stewing in jealousy" Zessica too carefully, too deliberately, and simply too much for it to not lead somewhere pretty important.

I don't think that Zessica is going to do a complete "heel turn" (to put it in pro wrestling parlance), but I wouldn't be surprised if, in a moment of weakness, she gives a slight/subtle helping hand to Kagura and/or simply refrains from trying to save Mikono from Kagura when given an opportunity to do so. The fact that Zessica and Kagura have shared little screen-time together (at least to one another's knowledge) is also notable to me here. I can't help but think that everything is building up to a big moment where Zessica will take actions/choices that aid Kagura's goals.

The way Zessica has been built up lately frankly begs for something like this, or at the very least a dramatic confrontation between her and Mikono over Amata and/or Zessica confessing to Amata. The buildup surrounding Zessica is now blatantly obvious, and so there will be some viewer expectation for a good payoff to all of this. I'm hoping that Okada comes through here! Whether or not she does will go a long way to determining how good future Aquarion EVOL episodes are to me.

9/10 for Episode 12. Extremely excellent episode.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-03-19 at 11:04.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 08:17   Link #2906
mayumi

i really do think zessica was really blind in the previous incarnation in this universe which is why she is so afraid of the dark. this goes back to her being rena but with silvia's powers

also the ending lyrics with the book and zessica's appearence "i will never forget someone like you again" but she is actually forgotten or not noticed.
Old 2012-03-19, 08:26   Link #2907
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I was actually a little bothered by that landing as well so I decided to have a crack at solving the mystery:

(I only noted the other tree and pole's distances as a sign of inconsistency)
I'd say the problem lies with the animators not being clear about the fact that they did not go straight up but rather were floating ever so slightly to the left with some minor deviations that allowed them to land on the tree nearby.
I am going to save that. It was slightly funny, the "oops" part especially.

In the very first shot when Amata starts to rise (not the one you put up but the one before it), he's going straight up like usual. Then we cut to your first shot where they're floating away. Logically speaking, that shouldn't have happened. Then they float around for a while (straight up once more) and land in the tree when Kagura appears, though they'd been floating straight up the entire time. Logically, they should've landed on the statue (or pole if you will). They've always shown Amata to fly straight up before so why the hell did it suddenly do this?

They showed no point where Amata was moving them from the statue's area. They are floating. Unless they were meant to be like a balloon... But still, the sky behind them is still, meaning they aren't moving in any direction except up.

It's really confusing and irritating.

I agree with you. Just to clarify that. But it's still something you don't expect to see in animation. Maybe in live-action (because props and characters tend to move during, before, and after a scene is shot), but not animation (where everything is drawn). I can just chop it up to the director wanting Amata and Mikono to land softly so they wouldn't get injured badly. So they somehow moved the tree closer. Looking at the final clip, the tree is actually closer to the pole than the first two clips put together. Odd...

Another thing, look at the first pic you have there: there is no tree behind them in that pic. But in the second one, it should be directly behind them before that vending machine. Looking at that distance, it should be in the first frame but isn't. Once again... do these people know how to measure distance or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That's just something we have to wait for future episodes to confirm before jumping to conclusions.
Agreed.
Old 2012-03-19, 08:37   Link #2908
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Spoiler for size:

Greatest love story ever told!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
(the series of images that Kunagisa put up here beautifully showcases why Amata/Mikono was so great this episode).
Amata's power automatically increases any Romantic scenes by a factor of three The whole floating in midair against the starry night sky is an impressive technique I myself have used on some fics I think I'm going to watch it again...

EDIT:

A few other points worth mentioning...
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 09:14   Link #2909
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Man, I went back the last few pages as much as I could, but.... no love for Mixy in the bathtub? Say that again, mangatron? That's easily the best part of the ep! Nothing more!! I was hoping someone posted a pic of that, mine isn't so very high resolution

Joking aside, I'm hoping the end of this series would have some Jin X Yunoha. There's just something about seeing a super shy girl hook up with the one eyed guy of few words

And it made me seeing a depressed Zessi-chan, Zessica is better when she's happy Zessica. Ah, she needs to dump that Amata and hook up with me someone else, anything to make her smile again

Oh, and I was hoping she would actually grab Mikono's butt and not her skirt back in that tunnel. Ah, can't have them all
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 09:19   Link #2910
kuromitsu

Quote:
But still, Amata showed some balls by ignoring Shushu. After all, for eleven episodes, he was quite shocked (or confused) by the little animal.
Well, it's easy to be shocked and confused when the thing is trying to chew off your finger or nose... ^^;; But here Shushu wasn't biting him (just trying to poke his eyes out from a distance). Though, as Chaos said, he & Mikono were so lost in their little world that sure Shushu could've gnawed off his ears and he wouldn't have noticed. ^^;;

As for Zessica, well, her reaction is pretty understandable? In Mikono's case Amata always tried to apologize and/or let Mikono know that it was just a misunderstanding. So Mikono always knew he really loved her. But in Zessica's case, she knows that she's just a friend to Amata and nothing more. But she's pretty much stuck watching Amata & Mikono together, no surprise she's bitter and jealous.

Quote:
That one, along with the fact that Amata and Mikono were sitting in front of a statue but ironically landed in a tree when Kagura appeared despite the fact they hadn't flown anywhere besides up. Uh, I've heard of screwing up in live-action with where the props are but anime... it's just cliche.
I wouldn't say it's cliché, more like awkward... I mean they had to land on something that is not the wall or the ground, hence random tree. To be honest I didn't even notice that it wasn't there before, so I guess it's not very important? ^^;; It's like Kagura barging in hollering "WHERE'S MY BITCH" when she's right in front of him and there's no way he can't smell her. ^^;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
9) "Amata too shy" my royal butt, that's how it's done my boy
Yeah, I guess he decided that he didn't want to fail this time so he took a deep breath and did it as it's supposed to be done. Go Amata! (I loved his face as he reached for Mikono's hand. XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Oh, and I was hoping she would actually grab Mikono's butt and not her skirt back in that tunnel. Ah, can't have them all
Be consoled by the fact that she got an eyeful of Mikono's panties and her butt.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 09:24   Link #2911
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
It's like Kagura barging in hollering "WHERE'S MY BITCH" when she's right in front of him and there's no way he can't smell her. ^^;;
Aw come on, there's a lot of girls there, so of course the natural thing for him to do is yell "will my real waifu please stand up"
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 09:33   Link #2912
mayumi

i really do wonder whose idea it was to send out mikono and zessica next episode. surely fudo who knows and trolls all should know what zessica's feelings would amount to? unless that is what he wants. a huge psychic blast on kagura's ass to wake up from mikage's control?
i really hope neither girls chicken out fighting kagura.
Old 2012-03-19, 09:35   Link #2913
tsunade666

WoW Kagura what a nice way to ruin the party -_-

Just finished the episode and all the good build up with nice music of Shrade and even the romantic scene between Mikono and Amata was all been trashed out >.> Zessica was scary.
Old 2012-03-19, 09:36   Link #2914
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Man, I went back the last few pages as much as I could, but.... no love for Mixy in the bathtub? Say that again, mangatron? That's easily the best part of the ep! Nothing more!! I was hoping someone posted a pic of that, mine isn't so very high resolution
Now's not the time for baths and breasts and bath with breasts !

Quote:
Don't you know? If she grabbed her skirt there's a chance she might rip it

Quote:
Well, it's easy to be shocked and confused when the thing is trying to chew off your finger or nose... ^^;; But here Shushu wasn't biting him (just trying to poke his eyes out from a distance). Though, as Chaos said, he & Mikono were so lost in their little world that sure Shushu could've gnawed off his ears and he wouldn't have noticed. ^^;;
At least you can count on ShuShu to be consistent

Quote:
As for Zessica, well, her reaction is pretty understandable? In Mikono's case Amata always tried to apologize and/or let Mikono know that it was just a misunderstanding. So Mikono always knew he really loved her. But in Zessica's case, she knows that she's just a friend to Amata and nothing more. But she's pretty much stuck watching Amata & Mikono together, no surprise she's bitter and jealous.
If it's in the classroom or during missions it's unavoidable, but during the movie she's pretty much torturing herself like this...

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's cliché, more like awkward... I mean they had to land on something that is not the wall or the ground, hence random tree. To be honest I didn't even notice that it wasn't there before, so I guess it's not very important? ^^;; It's like Kagura barging in hollering "WHERE'S MY BITCH" when she's right in front of him and there's no way he can't smell her. ^^;;
Actually I was more occupied wondering why did Kagura landed behind the wall if he's just going to go through it ?

King Kong mentality again ?

Quote:
Aw come on, there's a lot of girls there, so of course the natural thing for him to do is yell "will my real waifu please stand up"
Kagura roars!

Kagura smash!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 10:20   Link #2915
Hyack

This episode Amata <3 Mikono

Next episode
Shrade is going to pilot again
Finish this time that annoying Kagura please ^_^
Hyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 10:30   Link #2916
Akarin

Images
ep12 avatars
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:04   Link #2917
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Great to see more JinxYunoha romance. I hope all ends well with my favourite pairing.

Just a couple of questions:

1) When Shrade said that Cayenne had darkness within him, did he use the same phrase Mari Okada used to describe Mikono being evil?

2) Did they imply that Jin might be Amata's half brother?

I agree with Triple-R about Zessica. I hope the writers don't demonize her for the sake of ship sinking. That's a lazy and poor way of resolving a love triangle.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:06   Link #2918
Sixth
Hu Tao

So, what is the chances for Jin end up piloting Aquarion and fight Kagura? I mean, something like Kagura accidentally hit Yunoha, and Jin pissed off with this and decided to teach Kagura a lesson.

After all, it is very common for a men to fight each other because of girls.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:06   Link #2919
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Images
ep12 avatars
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'm taking that last one if nobody else minds. Lovely, LOVELY work.
Old 2012-03-19, 11:10   Link #2920
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
1) When Shrade said that Cayenne had darkness within him, did he use the same phrase Mari Okada used to describe Mikono being evil?
She never said Mikono was evil... she said she was a "bad" in a very vague way (NO NO NO PLEASE LET'S NOT START IT AGAIN ). Shrade said something along the lines of Jin & Cayenne having darkness in their hearts. (<- going by memory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
2) Did they imply that Jin might be Amata's half brother?
Not at all. o_O)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction