AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2006-07-09, 15:21   Link #41
ZhangKhaiEn
張凱恩

Chapter 161 - The Jerk

On page 6, we see Eri getting aloof after beating Tenma. Was that because she was taunting Yakumo? Conversely, Did Yakumo accept the challenge because Eri "belittled" her sister, or was that more of a Kenji-rival thing?
ZhangKhaiEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 17:28   Link #42
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhangKhaiEn
Chapter 161 - The Jerk

On page 6, we see Eri getting aloof after beating Tenma. Was that because she was taunting Yakumo? Conversely, Did Yakumo accept the challenge because Eri "belittled" her sister, or was that more of a Kenji-rival thing?
Eri puts on that act because she has a bit of an inferiority complex. Eri feels that in order to be accepted by her family and peers, she needs to be percieved as the "perfect girl." Through the conflict involving Yakumo, Eri develops feelings of inadequacy (through a series of incidents that began with sewing Harima's name tag). As a result, Eri feels compelled to prove that she can be better than Yakumo, through that game. The whole Onigiri vs. Flag aspect of the story focused mainly on exploring Eri's feelings of inadequacy and on how she learns to overcome them. Ironically enough, in abandoning her need to be perfect, Eri actually manages to achieve her ideal - Ch.185 stands as a testament to that.

Yakumo's reaction is an interesting one as well. Whenever she feels that her sister is being insulted, she has these little outbursts of rage - you can see a similar situation involving Hanai early on in the series. Interestingly enough, it seems to be some form of compensatory behavior (displacement/reaction formation, perhaps?) developed in reaction to aggression that Yakumo developed towards Tenma during their childhood (Ch.174).
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 10:18   Link #43
haiz123321
Obey me world!

u mean yakumo actually hates her sister?
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 23:52   Link #44
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321
Looks like it when they where young... You know kids now a days! But I kinda like Yakumo that way.
Old 2006-07-15, 03:18   Link #45
haiz123321
Obey me world!

question if she hates tenma then how come now she supports everything she do and if she hates her sis that much why is it when ppl critisize her sis she gets angry? xD
Old 2006-07-16, 01:37   Link #46
Diedrupo

Quote:
question if she hates tenma then how come now she supports everything she do and if she hates her sis that much why is it when ppl critisize her sis she gets angry? xD
yakumo doesn't hate tenma. she simply had a bad attitude towards her sister because her sister was a bit dumb (still is). when Yakumo grew older, she became more mature and now cares about her sister a lot.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 16:42   Link #47
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Yakumo doesn't hate her sister, but Tenma's incompetance angers her. However, Tenma isn't an "personally acceptable" target for Yakumo's anger - as Ch.174 showed, Tenma is really trying her best to be a good sister for Yakumo. As such, when they are older, Yakumo deals with her anger by switching to a more "personally acceptable" target - lashing out at the person who brought her anger to the forefront: Hanai at the start of the school year, and Eri just after New Year's Day. However, the ultimate source of these feelings originates in Tenma - the anger is simply displaced from Tenma to another "safer" target.

If Yakumo is able to resolve her feelings on this issue, she won't find herself reacting. Often, the comments that anger us the most are the ones that we ourselves agree with.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 06:35   Link #48
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Don't let Yakumo get angry you would'nt like her when she's angry. Tip of advice Yakumo avoid gamma bombs and gamma rays! Anyways who's the STRONGEST girl in school rumble overall? Karen? Yakumo? Eri? Lala? or Shou? I mean in terms of overall strength, technique, speed and ability.
Old 2006-07-18, 07:52   Link #49
haiz123321
Obey me world!

hmm i think karen is stronger n shes cute ^^ btw if what u ppl said is correct that means she takes the anger n vents it on some other dummy instead of her sister is that right??
Old 2006-07-21, 01:23   Link #50
hightime

School Rumble Question

I have always wondered why does Harima wear his sunglasses and for some reason when tenma is around he doesnt want him to see her face. This might be from early on season one but I stopped watching the series like a year back but continued this month.
hightime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 01:33   Link #51
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well this is the wrong section for your question...There is a School Rumble forum you know, but to answer your question, Harima hides his eyes because he doesn't want Tenma to recognize him from when he saved her life as a little girl...When she woke up he was glaring over her and she mistook him for a bad guy...So he hides his eyes as not to remind her, which is pretty crazy considering he'll have to show them to her some day if he wants to be with her...
Old 2006-07-21, 20:54   Link #52
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

this light brings something interesting to Yakumo...I always thought she was a bit too timid...I mean damn, I would be annoyed by all hell if I had a sibling that dumb, but it wouldn't change the fact that I wouldn't love her as a sibling

cliche saying of the day "blood is thicker than water"

edit: I was wondering why I couldn't find School Rumble on the site...thanks for the read
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 21:58   Link #53
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Well this is the wrong section for your question...There is a School Rumble forum you know, but to answer your question, Harima hides his eyes because he doesn't want Tenma to recognize him from when he saved her life as a little girl...When she woke up he was glaring over her and she mistook him for a bad guy...So he hides his eyes as not to remind her, which is pretty crazy considering he'll have to show them to her some day if he wants to be with her...
Geez, no need to be that formal about which forum it's in. It's still relevant to SR2 after all. Anyway I didn't realize his glasses were so important for that very reason--that explains the moment of recognition in ep15. Interesting how she remembered, that dummy Tenma.

Hmm so Yakumo's going to turn into hulk in some ep? Figuratively, anyway
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 22:14   Link #54
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
Geez, no need to be that formal about which forum it's in. It's still relevant to SR2 after all.
Hightime asked that question in General Anime forum, and wingdarkness pointed out that it is the wrong forum to ask that question. Apparently, these two posts were transferred from General Anime to School Rumble forum.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 03:59   Link #55
Shredder

Aha, sorry about that wing, I was really beginning to wonder about some of the ppl on these forums for a second there.
Old 2006-07-22, 08:44   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
Hmm so Yakumo's going to turn into hulk in some ep? Figuratively, anyway
that beter not happen...i dnt want her to go psyco it destroys her image as a sweet and caring person...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 09:13   Link #57
Shredder

Haha, yes, then flag can have a monopoly! Enough Yakumo idealization!
Old 2006-07-22, 09:25   Link #58
jacql8

hey sorry if this is in the wrong forum...
but you guys are always talking about onigiri and flag factions
what are they and are there any more?
jacql8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 09:33   Link #59
Shredder

Check the faction thread, it's nearby. Good question though, as I have no idea how the notion of factions, their nomenclature, and their distinctions came about. I just sort of accepted it as a given. Anyway flag FTW
Old 2006-07-22, 12:50   Link #60
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ good question why does onigiri mean anyway? maybe some should post up the definations of the factions and maybe why they are called that...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote