AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 27 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 29.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-10, 02:22   Link #101
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
you have a point there...i was going to comment that they both have different eye colours but looking again the hues are near enough the same O.o

could be a good point that she was saved by matsuri but the side effect resulted in her being immortal...that the second scene a few years later where people are supposidly trying to kill the "vampire" ~ hmm

That's a good connection that you showed there. It does make it seem that Matsuri wasn't a bad person per se if she indeed saved Mayuko from death. The downside is immortality... wait, is that a bad thing? O.o Especially staying in "Rozen Loli" form for a long time? XD I guess her brother didn't like the idea. Also...
Spoiler:

Hmm, I think this is what Matsuri meant to Yorito that he'll eventually hate her.
Old 2007-05-10, 08:05   Link #102
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
wait, is that a bad thing? O.o Especially staying in "Rozen Loli" form for a long time? XD I guess her brother didn't like the idea.
note : i might be too serious here, so maybe you should ignore this post at once ~~
immortality is much more a curse than a blessing.
let's imagine this :you are stuck forever in a child body, you will never be able to enjoy your adult future.
also, until you can die or break the "curse", you will witness death of the ones you care. (the grief isn't really pleasant)

and finally, most people will simply get freaked out by such "monster" (as we can see in takeshi's flashback in this episode), or others can just track you down, and analyse you like a guinea pig to obtain the immortality secret.

and the most ignored fact is : living beyond your original life span will probably bore you to death. (guess i'm entering in some philosophy cheesy field, but life is short which gives us the opportunity to enjoy at the fullest. no more limits? well... what are you gonna do tomorrow? and after, and after...?)

I think Mayuko will probably snaps if Takeshi dies when just have the "luxury" to survive from anything (except if she is the same as matsuri)
Quote:
Also...
Spoiler:
We don't really know if Mayuko was indeed targeted by some murderers.
also, even if Takeshi defeat them, will this "heal" mayuko from her immortality?
Old 2007-05-10, 08:11   Link #103
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
note : i might be too serious here, so maybe you should ignore this post at once ~~
immortality is much more a curse than a blessing.
let's imagine this :you are stuck forever in a child body, you will never be able to enjoy your adult future.
also, until you can die or break the "curse", you will witness death of the ones you care. (the grief isn't really pleasant)

and finally, most people will simply get freaked out by such "monster" (as we can see in takeshi's flashback in this episode), or others can just track you down, and analyse you like a guinea pig to obtain the immortality secret.

and the most ignored fact is : living beyond your original life span will probably bore you to death. (guess i'm entering in some philosophy cheesy field, but life is short which gives us the opportunity to enjoy at the fullest. no more limits? well... what are you gonna do tomorrow? and after, and after...?)

I think Mayuko will probably snaps if Takeshi dies when just have the "luxury" to survive from anything (except if she is the same as matsuri)
We don't really know if Mayuko was indeed targeted by some murderers.
also, even if Takeshi defeat them, will this "heal" mayuko from her immortality?
In short.....think Claudia from Interview With The Vampire.
Old 2007-05-11, 11:56   Link #104
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I have a feeling she is the same as Matsuri. She has always been hiding in boxes and trash cans.
Spoiler:

Also, Matsuri was so MOE! with that pony tail.
Old 2007-05-11, 15:12   Link #105
4Tran

So far, the Matsuri-Yorito is one of the best character interactions of any show in the last little while. sola itself is developing very nicely, and has the potential of becoming a very good show. However, it's going to be quite interesting as to how the story is going to develop. The biggest enigma so far is what Aono's role is going to be. She's the third-billed character, but we haven't seen very much to warrant that so far.

On a personal note, I'd probably like sola just as much if never developed the story at all. As long as we get good dialogue and character interaction, I'll be happy.
Old 2007-05-11, 17:36   Link #106
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Or they could keep showing Matsuri in cute clothing and hair styles going on dates with Yorito for the next six episodes and not bother with all that silly plot business. That'd satisfy most people.

Someone earlier said that Takeshi should repay Yorito for the curtains. I thought the curtains were ugly. It's the clothes Mana gave her I'm worried about. I want my Matsuri fashion show!
Old 2007-05-11, 23:09   Link #107
FallenRain

Haha Kayori just revealed the storyline.
Old 2010-08-27, 01:01   Link #108
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The boat scene was great, and that outfit of Matsuri's... wow. The fight could have been a bit better though. Also, Yorito seems to take well being sliced with a sword, apparently not even that can stop him from talking about the sky.

And the ripped curtains... asshole!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread