AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 09:41   Link #1801
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Macross Frontier too is privately funded. By Richard Bilrer.
Bilrer owns the SMS, not all of Frontier.
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 10:07   Link #1802
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal View Post
Bilrer owns the SMS, not all of Frontier.
According to a Kawamori interview the reason why Frontier is its course is because Bilrer was directing the Frontier government to that region of space.

Why? Other than Fold Quartz that would revolutionize transportation, it was to look for Megaroad 1 (Minmay).

Luca saw Bilrer's intention with Fold Quartz is to create a monopoly of advance Fold travel. He who controls commerce controls the galaxy.

Though in Bilrer's eyes he saw it as a way to connect and unite the children of the Protoculture.

Did you know SMS also stands for Speed Miracle Spacy? Richard Bilrer is a transport mogul who owns the Macross version of Fed-EX.

As Sheryl stated in the series Frontier has a higher standard of living than Galaxy. Heck even Macross 7 had its slums. Frontier can afford a bio plant fleet, can afford a giant Zentradi island ship for tourism.

All because a train loving Zentradi has money to burn.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 10:13   Link #1803
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
According to a Kawamori interview the reason why Frontier is its course is because Bilrer was directing the Frontier government to that region of space.

Why? Other than Fold Quartz that would revolutionize transportation, it was to look for Megaroad 1 (Minmay).

Luca saw Bilrer's intention with Fold Quartz is to create a monopoly of advance Fold travel. He who controls commerce controls the galaxy.

Though in Bilrer's eyes he saw it as a way to connect and unite the children of the Protoculture.

Did you know SMS also stands for Speed Miracle Spacy? Richard Bilrer is a transport mogul who owns the Macross version of Fed-EX.

As Sheryl stated in the series Frontier has a higher standard of living than Galaxy. Heck even Macross 7 had its slums. Frontier can afford a bio plant fleet, can afford a giant Zentradi island ship for tourism.

All because a train loving Zentradi has money to burn.
So SMS is the Halliburton of Frontier? XD
abynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 10:42   Link #1804
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn View Post
Wasn't the new Black Rabbit *cough* bondage queen *cough* outfit it even more extreme rather than the military uniform one? I mean it's basically a corset-bikini-suspenders outfit...
Well half the time it has the empress cape of doom covering so I don't think it was a big enough deal 8DDD Besides, Mylene spent every blinking episode in a red leotard on bare skin XDDDDD

Uniform one on strip ver. was like...barely anything worn hhahaha
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 10:47   Link #1805
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Don't worry Mei, Ranka now more than likely has amazing childhood friend powers which equals and at times outweighs actual development between characters. Who cares if the movies are Alto and Sheryl centric, she's now his childhood friend! You remember Regios right!

Girls who win with next to no development compared to the developed girl/relationship solely due to them being childhood friends is like my most hated thing about anime/manga romance. Congrats Kawamori you may have found a way for me to dislike Ranka even more!

Still I'm not expecting any proper romantic ending, at best something like Princess Lover where it's obvious who's in front but it's not confirmed so the fans of other girls could argue harem (lolright).
Bite your tongue! I want my Bakemonogatariesque ending!

And being childhood friends means that they get the First Meeting powers by default! As if Ranka wasn't powerful enough in the tv series already!

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 13:28   Link #1806
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Wait, If Alto is Ranka's childhood friend, then how is Ranka brought up on the 117 Survey Convoy? What happened to her dissociative Amnesia? Does that place Alto on the 117th Convoy too? [Taking away his Kabuki Routes? ] Then Alto would recognize Brera then wouldn't he?

Ranting aside, I don't like all this Sheryl being a spy business, it would take out the impact of Sheryl being betrayed by Grace, and I especially don't like Ranka being Alto's childhood friend. It seems to be pushing that "Childhood friend is auto 1+" Notion.
-EDIT-
Whether or not She's a childhood friend I have no idea. But it still brings to the table the "preexisting friend", which is also used as an advantage as well. (It's safe to say I preferred them all meeting at the same time, to negate the obvious past friend kind of advantage)

My personal opinion is a movie based on a series is meant to improve on what is already established, not change it. Otherwise it might as well become a spin off >.<

-EDIT-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post

We haven't seen the movie yet and definitely not until for another year. Sooo why don't we all just chillax, ne.
The Movie is due out in a month That's exactly why I'm freaking out over it , and especially if it is a cliffhanger. Because the waiting would be way to painful.

Really I hope it's just us being taken for a spin.

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-10-09 at 14:25.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 13:51   Link #1807
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

^If you're able to see the movie next month, please hook me up too.

Hmm....They're really twisting this version. Now I don't know which version is going to be my canon. Bah my canon is going to be the version that I will like the most. Most probably the TV series. All because of the First Meeting powers XD

We haven't seen the movie yet and definitely not until for another year. Sooo why don't we all just chillax, ne.

*edit*

Quote:
You remember Regios right!
DixerioxNinaTaichou's little puppy ftw!!!XD

Last edited by Mei19; 2009-10-09 at 14:02. Reason: the ugly font showed!!
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 14:09   Link #1808
Dash_Hunter

What is this nonsense about Aldo and Ranka being childhood friends?

Is there a scan or information to confirm this? the only thing I know of is that article that says they have known eachother before the movie but that does not necessarily mean that they are childhood friends, they could have met at school or because of Nanase or something. So until that is confirmed i won´t believe this childhood friends thing.
Old 2009-10-09, 15:04   Link #1809
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Most probably the TV series. All because of the First Meeting powers XD
You know that Alto met Sheryl first, right?
Old 2009-10-09, 15:07   Link #1810
justavisitor

now calm down everyone..haven't visited this sub forum in a while and all of a sudden I see the word "spy", "childhood friend" going everywhere

Do we really need to speculate the movie when the release date is just about one month away?? And rest assured I think the director will try every possible mean to make both heroines look good

As for which version (TV, or movie) is the canon...I believe someone who made DYRL said something like this before: If you wanna describe the story in length, then it's the TV's version, if you wanna explain the story in 2 hours, then it's the movie version..(don't have source for this quote, so just don't take it seriously)...same applies in here I guess, so in another word, feel free to choose whichever version you like more as a canon and that would be fine
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 15:34   Link #1811
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post

Is there a scan or information to confirm this? the only thing I know of is that article that says they have known eachother before the movie but that does not necessarily mean that they are childhood friends, they could have met at school or because of Nanase or something. So until that is confirmed i won´t believe this childhood friends thing.
That was my fault, I was toying with the thought and posted the idea, but now it seems to be blown out of proportion.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 16:44   Link #1812
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That was my fault, I was toying with the thought and posted the idea, but now it seems to be blown out of proportion.

- Tak
Always creating problems I see See what you've done? You've created a monster (figuratively speaking of course )

On a side note, I did like the new trailer that was posted earlier, there was a lot going on.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:13   Link #1813
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post

*Agrees on this*
Old 2009-10-09, 19:16   Link #1814
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
*Agrees on this*
There are no childfriend thing. The whole entire idea was pure speculation on my part, only to be blown out of proportion later on.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-10-09, 19:19   Link #1815
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
There are no childfriend thing. The whole entire idea was pure speculation on my part, only to be blown out of proportion later on.

- Tak
I know, just cementing it. (Fufu...)
Old 2009-10-10, 04:05   Link #1816
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
You know that Alto met Sheryl first, right?
In the broadcast and Yack Deculture versions, yes.

But remember, the Deculture version (in which he met Ranka first) aired BEFORE the other two...so he met Ranka first before he met Sheryl first.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 05:13   Link #1817
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
In the broadcast and Yack Deculture versions, yes.

But remember, the Deculture version (in which he met Ranka first) aired BEFORE the other two...so he met Ranka first before he met Sheryl first.
I'm going by broadcast and Yakh Deculture, because that were the official ones.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:29   Link #1818
Tak

And I met all three before they met each other! Wahahahahahahaha!!

- Tak

Old 2009-10-10, 10:56   Link #1819
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
And I met all three before they met each other! Wahahahahahahaha!!

- Tak
So you and Ranka are hooking up then?
Old 2009-10-10, 12:00   Link #1820
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I'm going by broadcast and Yakh Deculture, because that were the official ones.
More official? Hmmm...I never heard that. Where did you get that information?
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote