AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-14, 19:39   Link #501
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Insights on Honey and Clover II - 07

What else can I say ... other than this is the greatest anime of all time, I guess.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 20:30   Link #502
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

I see everyone has mixed feeling on the recent change in focus. Personally, I'm appreciating it in a way I can't even explain. To me, anime is not only here to entertain the mind, but also to provoke feeling/memories in addition to shedding light on anything you didn't know before watching.

HachiKuro, especially season 2, has really delved into the minds of each and every character and is now even starting to expand the plot/story. Each time something new is brought into the anime, it offers viewers yet another way to personally/emotionally relate to the anime. Not everyone can relate to everything but when so many feelings are brought out in 1 series...simply amazing.
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 21:21   Link #503
wintermoon

How is it that an anime can get better with every episode that comes out? I was really floored by this one. Negishi-san isn't even part of the main or supporting cast but I found myself immersed in his story. And again, I love that we're getting more insight into Kaoru. It's really a great part of why H&C works so well for me—one can relate to practically everyone there, on some level.

Who's Daddy Morita's seiyuu? He doesn't seem to be credited. I'm just curious I guess.

I know H&C isn't everyone's cup of tea but I still get surprised and a bit disappointed when some people don't really go for it. Usually their problem with H&C is that it's slow-paced (i.e. boring). What do fellow H&C fans think when they hear comments like that? Personally, I know it's a bit on the slow side but I always chalked it up to the fact that it's a slice-of-life anime, so it never bothered me. Besides, H&C has so much going for it (animation quality, writing, music, emotional impact etc.) that I can forgive what flaws it has.
wintermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 22:06   Link #504
rothgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermoon
Who's Daddy Morita's seiyuu? He doesn't seem to be credited. I'm just curious I guess.
Fairly sure that's Shinobu's voice actor, Yuji Ueda. Makes sense since father and son are so alike
Awesome episode, and
Spoiler:
rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 22:11   Link #505
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:

I know H&C isn't everyone's cup of tea but I still get surprised and a bit disappointed when some people don't really go for it. Usually their problem with H&C is that it's slow-paced (i.e. boring). What do fellow H&C fans think when they hear comments like that? Personally, I know it's a bit on the slow side but I always chalked it up to the fact that it's a slice-of-life anime, so it never bothered me. Besides, H&C has so much going for it (animation quality, writing, music, emotional impact etc.) that I can forgive what flaws it has.
Well the only thing I can figure is that they are either younger viewers, whom would have trouble relating to almost any of this. Or, they just don't like more emotional anime. H&C isn't really slow in terms of story... well kinda, but there are developments. It just doesn't have an action, it would fail if it did. So generally people who like lots of action wouldn't be much for Honey and Clover.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 22:24   Link #506
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Quote:
What do fellow H&C fans think when they hear comments like that? Personally, I know it's a bit on the slow side but I always chalked it up to the fact that it's a slice-of-life anime, so it never bothered me. Besides, H&C has so much going for it (animation quality, writing, music, emotional impact etc.) that I can forgive what flaws it has.
Lucky for me most of the people I've recommended H&C to took my word on it and watched it. Some time more persuasion than others, but eventually everyone comes back after a certain # of episodes saying they love it! I've had a couple people kinda brush it off/take it with a grain of sand, and to be honest I've losted some respect for them (anime-wise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothgar
Spoiler:
Spoiler for What happened to Hagu:
Old 2006-08-14, 22:29   Link #507
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Spoiler for on hagu:
Old 2006-08-14, 22:46   Link #508
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Spoiler for on hagu:
Spoiler for RE:Hagu:
Old 2006-08-14, 22:47   Link #509
TTHX

I don't know what happened but damn! What a way to end the episode! I can't wait dammit! I want to know what happened!
TTHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 23:03   Link #510
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onibaba
Spoiler for RE:Hagu:
Spoiler for hagu:

But I'm not as creative as the writers, so I'm sure it's something better than what I can think up.
Old 2006-08-14, 23:31   Link #511
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
But I'm not as creative as the writers, so I'm sure it's something better than what I can think up.
This applies to me as well, agreed : )
Old 2006-08-14, 23:44   Link #512
tritoch

PLEASE NOTE that it was windy outside that day. Use your imagination people!

What a tear jerker episode 07. Especially the hospital scene. I have so much respect for Tsukasa for how he reacted to the whole betrayal and ofcourse how he told his kids to move forward.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 23:48   Link #513
yankervitch

H&C, H&C II Flaws

Quote:
I count myself as a H&C fan, but quite frankly, I think it does drag in parts. Mostly with regards to the Yamada/Mayama plot in season 1.

Season II's better about not dragging (although I hope the next few episodes don't have yet another sobbing Yamada scene). One of the 'new' things about season II I'm a little disappointed in is how each of the episodes seems to be ending with a sense of finality. I realize they're trying to wrap up H&C, but one of the things I loved about H&C season I was the ambiguity about how life would progress - the lack of the sort of finality that you see in the media every day. (At least, that's how the Solar translation comes off, especially with regards to the last few episodes.)

In addition, each of the episodes in season II seems a bit more put together in comparison to the first season. With the first season, it felt at times that watching multiple episodes back to back would give you an almost cinematic, near-seamless perspective on the lives of the characters. I like the non-finished feel of season I; it has a more realistic edge that I think season II has sacrificed for dramatic tension (re: ep. 7's last shot) and simplicity of wrapping up particular plot lines.

Despite this, both series demonstrate that slice-of-life done as, well, slice-of-life, rocks. Drowsy music has its place in the world and Japanese art students/the melancholic, mopey youth of today will one day be the key demographic for anime producers. Keep it up.
yankervitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 23:48   Link #514
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Ep 7 was good. I felt in love with the Morita family. Through Kaoru's words, I felt a certain sadness but there was also an incredible warmth around Morita senior and sons. Morita senior was a loving father to his sons, a trusting friend to Negishi and a great man in his works, so confident and full of energy. Kaoru and Morita are sweet and loving brothers. I couldn't imagine Morita being a crybaby when he was young. That was really cute. The Morita family and Negishi had such a great bond and it was sad how it ended the way it did. Kaoru and Negishi are very bright individuals but since they're too close to highly brilliant people like Morita and Morita senior they've developed this inferior complex that affected them deeply.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 00:50   Link #515
wintermoon

Thanks for replying, guys.

Um...I give those of you who don't know what happened to Hagu two clues:
1. Hamabi Festival
2. unusually windy day

;p
wintermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 01:41   Link #516
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Thanks for replying, guys.

Um...I give those of you who don't know what happened to Hagu two clues:
1. Hamabi Festival
2. unusually windy day

;p
Ohhhhh snap... :*(
Old 2006-08-15, 01:42   Link #517
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Phew, and I thought something awful happened to Hagu .

Ep07 was pure drama. It's really a pity that Kaoru isn't one of the main cast of Honey and Clover. If he was, then Ep07 would instantly tilt to the max level of emotional excitement that we felt during the last few episodes. With his story, I can somehow relate since I have a brother of my own who always does better than me, and makes me feel all hopeless because of that.

What really made me sad in this episode, was obviously the last scene. Honey and Clover is preparing for the climax (as hinted by the narration of each main character), and to the hinted (on ep06) departure. I know, I know, it's inevitable, but imagine the hole in our hearts when Honey and Clover eventually ends. . But, as always, life is just like that .

I'm looking forward to the final arc of this series, especially the one involving Hagu Takemoto and Morita . I hope the drama level remains, and the comedy level would slightly increase (please? I don't want to start the day feeling so sad ).
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 05:07   Link #518
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

To tell the truth, every guy or girl I've persuaded to watch H&C loved it and cried at least once.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 05:12   Link #519
Flo
The Necessary Evil

I'm maybe slow but still

Quote:
竹本役神谷浩史氏が8月7日(月)交通事故に遭われ、現在治療のため入院され
ております。番組としては第11話(9月7日放送)までは収録が終わっており
、最終話12話(9月14日放送)のみ代役をたてて放送する予定です。�
��係者ならびにファンの皆様方には、ご心配おかけ致しまして申し訳御座�
�ません。
"Takemoto's VA Kamiya Hiroshi is injured in a traffic accident on August 7th, and is now undergoing medical treatment and hospitalization. The program for episode 11 on September 7th (with Kamiya Hiroshi's last voice recording) will broadcast as scheduled. There will be a substitute VA for the last episode 12 (September 14th broadcast) and due to be broadcast. For related persons and fans (of the show), please do not worry and we would like to offer all of you an apology."

Let's pray for a speedy recovery.

Last edited by Flo; 2006-08-15 at 05:46.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 05:12   Link #520
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
To tell the truth, every guy or girl I've persuaded to watch H&C loved it and cried at least once.
That's not my experience with it. I find it has an ability to split audiences; some love it, but some loathe it with a passion.

My opinion? Well, after watching episode 7, I was so moved I'm willing to say this (so far) has been the best anime television series I've ever seen. Every time I try to write a post in this thread about an episode I've just seen, words fail me, so amazing do I think this show is. Tough ask to keep up this level of quality for the entire course of the series, but if it does, I could possibly be writing my first ever review where I've rated a title with a "10".
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance