AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-15, 10:16   Link #13161
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Meister

It's okay, Eras helped me to find it. And yes, if anything, German is even more crazy prepared for all their recklessness... rather than using Armor Stratos, they have a bucketload of supersoldier. Don't see why they can't lend Laura and Celeste especially that they're close enough.

EDIT: I mean they can work when they left I.S.A., such as Saturday and Sunday.
What I thot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meistah -

1. He'd probably tell her to just stop whining and move on. The one she's fighting isn't Louise, but a traitor. If she can find a way to stop fighting then her friend is returned to her. Something like that.

2. What about the mission taking? You have to remember that fighting Dunoa is dangerous since they're using IS for combat and they were designated as sports machines. Add to the fact that they were fighting on international ground and everything.

3. They all met before going to school? Even Celeste and Erika?
1. Aye, something like that. Also, something about how she can't hope to change anything if she can't solve something like this.

2. That mission is more the exception than the rule. In fact, all of them got in to trouble once they got back to the ISA for 'disappearing' from their concert. While Principal Senbei knew that their mass exodus from a club activity was probably linked to the Dunois incident, the new Student Council Prez covered for them... because he was involved too. (Yes, Ichika became Prez, and Kanzashi the VP in 2nd year after Tatenashi graduated. )

But really, when your daughter shot down 14 golems on her test date (Karon), or another who stopped the Kingdom of Ea from destabilizing Japan with a giant hammer (Erika), are you that worried about them fighting? It takes a certain kind of parent to let their child become an ISA student, but I guess I should explore what makes these parents think differently from the others.

Spoiler for Crack which can be ignored!:

3. This Christmas fic explains everything... :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthernalRain View Post
@ Zero: It's also where Hidan no Aria takes place.
I still remember making Zero flip when I said that one could access Mahora, Tokyo Butei and Academy City using the monorails...

Edit:

CRACK FOR THE CRACK GOD!
PAGES FOR THE PAGE THRONE!
Old 2011-12-15, 10:19   Link #13162
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Guess I'll either go with the cheap way (Another drone attack) or humorous way (Irish is bathing when other people come in. For obvious reasons, they find out.).

Quote:
Side note - Why is Laura even staying with Rito? She has her own home.
Because she's working for A.S.D.F. during summer break, Rito's home is AWFULLY close to the base (~2 km), also, Rito's home is relative close to Ichika's (~15 km) and Chifuyu doesn't let her stay there....

Laura is supposed to stay in the base for the time being... and then he found that Laura is SUCK at normal lifestyle without Char's guidance (such as eating military rations for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Forgot to take a bath due to focusing too much in training etc.). So, he had no choice but dragging her home...

Laura later try to stay in Haruna's or Yui's, and took a liking on Yui's 'Spartan' bedroom...which also cat-themed.

However since Celeste stay in Yui's, Laura can't be there for too long (two supersoldier in same place = hilarity).... and Laura disliked Akiho for obvious reason (Akiho is like grownup Tatenashi...)

And then he got another flock of supersoldier comes to visit.... silver haired girls is everywhere and abound! Thankfully she returned to German after a week.
Old 2011-12-15, 10:30   Link #13163
Eratas123

@ Meistah -

1. Why is Ichika the prez at second year? Tatenashi should still be prez since she'd still be in 3rd year.

2. I wonder what her parents think about their kid being psychics. This has to elicit a reaction from them, overprotective or not.

3. Speaking of which, how do her parents react to: 1. Karon leaving for 4 years at the end of the story, and 2. Her getting close to Irish who obviously isn't the most normal person to be in a relationship with.

Side note - Irish meets Accelerator and Last order later in the story for a bit when LO mistook the two. The monorail even lists Butei Academy, North High, and A Certain Highschool as Destinations

@ Senpai - Wait, wait wait. Who's Akiho? Sairenji's sister? Anyway, why didn't Laura try to sneak to Ichika's house? She does it all the time in canon. Also, not all of the super soldiers are silver haired Bishoujo's, the other SH are most likely super soldiers too and they have varied hair colors.
Old 2011-12-15, 10:38   Link #13164
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Meistah -

1. Why is Ichika the prez at second year? Tatenashi should still be prez since she'd still be in 3rd year.
While Tatenahsi might be an exception (seeing that Asskicking = Authority), Student Council Prez usually retire when they enter third grade to concentrate with their study.

Quote:
@ Senpai - Wait, wait wait. Who's Akiho? Sairenji's sister?
Yes, and Canadian I.S. Representative.

Quote:
Anyway, why didn't Laura try to sneak to Ichika's house? She does it all the time in canon.
She did it all the time, but for some reason Chifuyu always caught her and 'mail' her back to Yuuki residence for the lulz....

Quote:
Also, not all of the super soldiers are silver haired Bishoujo's, the other SH are most likely super soldiers too and they have varied hair colors.
In this verse, silver hair is caused by standardized genetic construct, though all of them varies in height, build, and facial structures, most of them has silver hair. Some of them has more natural hair though (indicating that less modification is made).
Old 2011-12-15, 10:44   Link #13165
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Wait, what? A lot of fuss is made since Tatenashi is the prez when she's only second year. Only 3rd years are supposed to get the position. Besides, knowing Tatenashi, she'd probably be offered a teaching job after she graduates She's good enough for it and its what happens in Shadow.

1. How many times does Laura attempt to do this? Also, I just got an image in my mind of Rito opening a package, seeing Laura tied up and gagged inside......then handing it back to the delivery man and telling him to send it back.

2. But isn't Clarissa also modified? Her hair is one of the darkest in the cast.
Old 2011-12-15, 10:45   Link #13166
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Weird idea again urg...

Ichika Orimura lost his memories when he was kidnapped during his 3rd year of middleschool. Chifuyu Orimura rushed to his rescue in an IS but it was too late. He was gone and there was no trace of them anywhere.

6 months later and Ichika resurfaces in society, found unconscious on the streets of Tokyo. He is taken back to his home but he has no recollection of himself and his own history. He is shown to have exceptionally higher physical abilities and mental abilities but no one knows why. An IS reacts to him by accident and he is sent to ISA for further study under Chifuyu Orimura's request.

In Ichika's fight with Rin, an unknown unit barrels its way onto the battlefield. A woman in an armor far too bulky to be an IS.

Ichika: "Who are you?"

intruder: "Hmm? Oh if it isn't the failure?"

Ichika: "Failure?"

intruder: "Yes, I'm surprised you ended up on this little floating piece of crap."

Ichika: "What do you mean failure?"

intruder: "Oh? You don't remember?"

Ichika: "Remember what?"

intruder: *sigh* "That's why you're a failure, Subject #8902. It seems you don't remember your synchronization process going haywire."

Ichika: "Synchronization? Haywire?"

intruder: "That's right. Synchronization with psycoframe unit 0."

The words of the intruder trigger something in Ichika. A stream of memories he never knew he had. A few images were of the people who said they knew him. Most of people he didn't know. Everyone but the intruder stares in terror as Ichika's skin begins to glow red with lines reminiscent of circuits. His eyes are unfocused and trying to make sense of thigns at once. He bellows with a guttural roar. It's unnatural, it's Ichika's voice but at the same time the voice of a thousand other souls. The byakushiki reacts to this change and begins to warp itself into the visage of chaos itself. A swirling mass of white metal and red energy that promised no less than destruction. What was happening? No one knew, not even the intruder who watched the transformation with anticipation.
-------------------------------------------------------------

One of the most awkward questions I'm gonna post. How weird is it if Croixas unknowingly fell in love with a 12 year old girl without realizing it?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 10:51   Link #13167
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah -

2. I wonder what her parents think about their kid being psychics. This has to elicit a reaction from them, overprotective or not.

3. Speaking of which, how do her parents react to: 1. Karon leaving for 4 years at the end of the story, and 2. Her getting close to Irish who obviously isn't the most normal person to be in a relationship with.

Side note - Irish meets Accelerator and Last order later in the story for a bit when LO mistook the two. The monorail even lists Butei Academy, North High, and A Certain Highschool as Destinations
1. She's not 3rd year?! Well... that means its possible Louise is actually better than her... And that means all of the canon girls now have (improved?) OC counterparts.

Riz = Houki, improved
Gin = Cecily, improved
Wong (not an idol) = Rin, improved
Celeste = Laura... Improved?
Erika = Charlotte, inverted (poor, many siblings, happy family)
Tsubomi = Name escapes me, the SS novel heroine (both are tokusatsu otakus)
Karon = Madoka, Improved (This is what an Imouto is like!! )

And now, the most controversial:

Louise = Tatenashi. I dunno, Louise has better skills and training, is ready to graduate, but Tate has one heck of a unit; Louise uses what essentially is Rafale Seven Swords. BOTH can single-handedly hand their compatriots their asses...

2. While all the other ISpers' parents have been involved with the ISper business at some point, Karon would be the sole exception. Her parents always knew she was special. With the Vandam, they know why. Not sure if that will scare them; wouldn't want to insert X-men Phobia all of a sudden , but there's some plot to be had here.

3. Lol that's never going to happen now. In this timeline, she becomes a major idol, runs all over the place, then becomes an instructor at ISA. She trains a whole new generation of pilots, and is nicknamed the White Devil Instructor.

Basically, she grows up to be Nanoha.

As for Irish... Yes it will be awkward. I can see it now... [Meet the Parents] - Irish Edition.

Last point: CRACK, DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH?!
Old 2011-12-15, 10:56   Link #13168
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Wait, what? A lot of fuss is made since Tatenashi is the prez when she's only second year. Only 3rd years are supposed to get the position. Besides, knowing Tatenashi, she'd probably be offered a teaching job after she graduates She's good enough for it and its what happens in Shadow.
Once again it can varies, but as far as we knew, most anime-style Student Council prez is indeed in the third year, but it depends on the school in question (Seitokai yakuindomo has Shino, second year, as Prez)

The fuss, once again, maybe related to Tatenashi kicking ass around, since normally such level of achievements is reserved to third year, and exceptional ones (in Sacred Twins, it's Louise)

Quote:
1. How many times does Laura attempt to do this? Also, I just got an image in my mind of Rito opening a package, seeing Laura tied up and gagged inside......then handing it back to the delivery man and telling him to send it back.
About two times, at first Rito quickly helped her, the second time, Rito is promptly annoyed and put the package in the warehouse (until Laura promised she won't do it again). Why is Rito annoyed? Because he's chewed by Chifuyu for letting Laura wanders off too much...

Quote:
2. But isn't Clarissa also modified? Her hair is one of the darkest in the cast.
Bear in mind there's 9 years of difference, likely there's improvement in the technology, allowing 'improvement' and 'standarization' of some sort. (the darker part of the story explains there's many, MANY failures happens in Clarissa's generation unlike in Laura's).
Old 2011-12-15, 11:10   Link #13169
Eratas123

@ Demi - That's more familial than anything. Look at Accelerator and Last Order for how odd relationships with kids can be.

@ Meistah -

1. Yeah, she's a second year. A third year being better than Tatenashi makes sense since she'd have more experience. Also, Louise is a PT mole so it makes sense.

2. What about Erika and Celeste? Erika has normal parents and the German military probably would be shocked that one of their super soldiers is an ISper.

A. Awww~ Happy ending all around for Karon. I'd imagine her pay is crap since she constantly had to pay for her students medical bills

B. Doubly awkward since her parents are Military offices and irish was, by some accounts, a terrorist. That's going to be awkward as all hell to explain.

Now I really want to read something like that

@ Senpai -

1. It adds more to her skills. This'll show up more in Shadow where she's challenged multiple times due to the belief that they can get Ichika (Vice prez) and Irish (unofficial helper) if they win.

2. Ha~ Laura and Rito make the perfect brother sister pair

3. Suspense!

@ Senpai and Demi - Anyway, I just got a Christmas Idea from Treme. Similar to the OVA, all the girls visit Ichika and try to Celebrate Christmas in their own way. Houki wears a santa Costume, Laura wears a ribbon around her and says she's the present, Cecilia places herself in a Box, and the Student Council Squad pop up in costumes.....then Utsuho blushes when she sees Dan is there.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:18   Link #13170
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
A. Awww~ Happy ending all around for Karon. I'd imagine her pay is crap since she constantly had to pay for her students medical bills

B. Doubly awkward since her parents are Military offices and irish was, by some accounts, a terrorist. That's going to be awkward as all hell to explain.

Now I really want to read something like that
So do I.

Quote:
@ Senpai -

1. It adds more to her skills. This'll show up more in Shadow where she's challenged multiple times due to the belief that they can get Ichika (Vice prez) and Irish (unofficial helper) if they win.

Quote:
2. Ha~ Laura and Rito make the perfect brother sister pair
Though the rest of supersoldier outside Schwarzerhase ship them, even Clarissa think it's borderline ridiculous (and deliciously taboo...).

Quote:
3. Suspense!
Yes

Quote:
@ Senpai and Demi - Anyway, I just got a Christmas Idea from Treme. Similar to the OVA, all the girls visit Ichika and try to Celebrate Christmas in their own way. Houki wears a santa Costume, Laura wears a ribbon around her and says she's the present, Cecilia places herself in a Box, and the Student Council Squad pop up in costumes.....then Utsuho blushes when she sees Dan is there.
I don't care about the harem antic but that should happen!

*ShotShotShotShotShotShot*
Old 2011-12-15, 11:27   Link #13171
Eratas123

1. Why does Clarissa even ship them? Clarissa does it in Shadow since she found Irish and Laura nearly naked when they were treating each others wounds.

2. Clarissa is 24, right? She can't be much older than Laura.

3. Of course, Tatenashi, being the nice president she is, pushes her next to Dan.......while he was standing under the misletoe Both of them try to cop out (Proof Dan actually likes her) but the others say its tradition to do so. After the small kiss scene, Ichika remarks that he's a bit jealous and wishes he had someone to do that with during Christmas. Cue Harem looking at him with Yandere eyes and grabbing as much misletoe as they can
Old 2011-12-15, 11:36   Link #13172
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
1. Why does Clarissa even ship them? Clarissa does it in Shadow since she found Irish and Laura nearly naked when they were treating each others wounds.
Clarissa doesn't ship them, but since her understanding of Japanese culture is skewed it comes like this:

1. Laura and Rito act like sibling
2. In Shoujo manga not-blood sibling relationship is common
3. Laura and Rito is having incestuous relationship (?!)
4. PROFIT!

Yes, messed up, she was disgusted by her own delusion in that part, and she's not shipping them (she ship her with Ichika remember?)

Quote:
2. Clarissa is 24, right? She can't be much older than Laura.
9 years is quite a lot, in some countries old enough for adoption.

Quote:
3. Of course, Tatenashi, being the nice president she is, pushes her next to Dan.......while he was standing under the misletoe Both of them try to cop out (Proof Dan actually likes her) but the others say its tradition to do so. After the small kiss scene, Ichika remarks that he's a bit jealous and wishes he had someone to do that with during Christmas. Cue Harem looking at him with Yandere eyes and grabbing as much misletoe as they can
Approved.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:45   Link #13173
Eratas123

@ Senpai -

1. Clarissa has no boyfriend? Might be good for some humor if someone comments on the fact that she's a fervent shipper yet has no experience in relationships herself. This happens later on when Irish comments on it.....then he finds Joshua spending time with her in the city in casual clothes. Cue Big No and Anti-Heroic BSOD

2. Can Clarissa legally adopt Laura?

3. What costumes should Utsuho wear? Tatenashi's is a santa costume while Honne's is an oversized reindeers.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:55   Link #13174
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai -

1. Clarissa has no boyfriend? Might be good for some humor if someone comments on the fact that she's a fervent shipper yet has no experience in relationships herself. This happens later on when Irish comments on it.....then he finds Joshua spending time with her in the city in casual clothes. Cue Big No and Anti-Heroic BSOD
PRICELESS!!

Quote:
2. Can Clarissa legally adopt Laura?
GERMAN ADOPTION PROCEDURES: An application must be filled out and acknowledged by a notary public). Legal agreement must be reached among the adoptive parents, the child (if over age 14) or the child's legal representative (if under age 14), and the biological parent(s). In certain cases the guardianship court can discard the requirement for the permission of one or both biological parents if this requirement would seriously disadvantage the child.

AGE AND CIVIL STATUS REQUIREMENTS
: Individuals wishing to adopt must be age 25 or over. German law generally requires adoptive parents to be married heterosexual couples. In some circumstances, single people are allowed, as well.

A child adopted by a German citizen becomes German national automatically if aged less than 18 on the date the application for adoption was made. So dual citizenship is granted.

Until a year later, Clarissa isn't allowed to. But it'll be funny if she somehow married with Joshua and adopt both Irish and Laura.

Quote:
3. What costumes should Utsuho wear? Tatenashi's is a santa costume while Honne's is an oversized reindeers.
Maybe elfish green costume (said to be Santa's helper/ subordinate)
Old 2011-12-15, 12:02   Link #13175
Eratas123

1. Yup Although, having them marry would be priceless, adopting Irish would be awkward since he's already adopted by Maya. Having Maya and Joshua have a romance might be awkward due to the age gap. Joshua's 29-32 while Maya's 22-23. Is this generally seen as okay?

2. Does the cast deal with their parental abandonment issue in either To Love Ru Stratos or Sacred Twins? It seems perfect.

3. So how would that look? Hat, Short skirt, and stockings?
Old 2011-12-15, 12:25   Link #13176
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
1. Yup Although, having them marry would be priceless, adopting Irish would be awkward since he's already adopted by Maya. Having Maya and Joshua have a romance might be awkward due to the age gap. Joshua's 29-32 while Maya's 22-23. Is this generally seen as okay?
The age gap isn't that much tho, but still comes as awkward in that Maya is innocent and amateur when it comes to relationship, up to Joshua to guide her.

Quote:
2. Does the cast deal with their parental abandonment issue in either To Love Ru Stratos or Sacred Twins? It seems perfect.
The parental issue, especially in case of Orimura (THE most screwed up family), didn't come up until later (as it's mostly original content and rather dark). The rest is lifted straight up from Canon (Lingyin was the first one to be explained).

Yuuki family problem lies on how the parents are married to the job, deconstructing the concept that "the kids became independent by watching their parent's back" (Rito gave up scholarship, Mikan opted for boarding school etc).

Tenjouin family has it's problem about balancing personal, interpersonal and business matter. So does Deviluke and Jewelria (Lala, Lun and Ren).

Sairenji and Kotegawa family is rather normal and orderly.

Quote:
3. So how would that look? Hat, Short skirt, and stockings?
Old 2011-12-15, 12:33   Link #13177
Eratas123

@ Senpai -

1. Amateur? Yes. Innocent? Yeah, and I'm a bishonen I'm focusing more on relationships and how they impact the people if I ever decide to pair either them instead of sex. They first meet doing what they do best: She got hurt piloting and he cured her. Afterwards they both blow up on Irish

2. Man, parents in anime stink! Seriously, what's up with parents being borderline missing or dead? The deconstruction takes further since all the parents do care about their kids, they're just too busy to show it.

3. That doesn't look embarrassing at all Leave the costume like that or have Honne and Tatenashi make some "modifications"?
Old 2011-12-15, 12:38   Link #13178
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai -

1. Amateur? Yes. Innocent? Yeah, and I'm a bishonen I'm focusing more on relationships and how they impact the people if I ever decide to pair either them instead of sex. They first meet doing what they do best: She got hurt piloting and he cured her. Afterwards they both blow up on Irish
Approved.

Quote:
2. Man, parents in anime stink! Seriously, what's up with parents being borderline missing or dead? The deconstruction takes further since all the parents do care about their kids, they're just too busy to show it.
And it happens in real life, once again deconstructing the trope "Adults is useless" and subverting it later (the adult put an effort in whatever they do even if they done many mistakes in process).

Quote:
3. That doesn't look embarrassing at all Leave the costume like that or have Honne and Tatenashi make some "modifications"?

But I don't think Dan will like it since it doesn't suit Utsuho's usual image (being a gentle, reserved big sis).
Old 2011-12-15, 12:43   Link #13179
Eratas123

@ Senpai -

1. Irish calling Joshua "Dad" would be awkward as hell He calls Joshua by first name and Maya by her last. There's also the fact that none of them look like they're Irish's parents.

2. But doesn't Rito visit his dad? He has a manga warehouse just a few blocks from his house.

3. Hence why Dan is shy Ichika even comments that its odd that Dan isn't commenting or ogling her like he does others and even offers her his jacket. Genuine romance at its finest
Old 2011-12-15, 12:49   Link #13180
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai -

1. Irish calling Joshua "Dad" would be awkward as hell He calls Joshua by first name and Maya by her last. There's also the fact that none of them look like they're Irish's parents.

Quote:
2. But doesn't Rito visit his dad? He has a manga warehouse just a few blocks from his house.
In TLR canon, parental neglect of all forms is played straight (no long lasting problem), in Fusion Fic... well...

Quote:
3. Hence why Dan is shy Ichika even comments that its odd that Dan isn't commenting or ogling her like he does others and even offers her his jacket. Genuine romance at its finest

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest