Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-05, 07:00   Link #101
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, speaking of Chopper, I'm reminded of an old theory I had about him learning the Life Returns technique in order for him to better control himself in Chopzilla mode. I wonder if in his quest to discover new medicines, he'll make a new kind of Rumble Ball that will allow him to further manipulate his transformations at will (and in turn, allow him to gain better control of his Awakened state).....?
That'd be cool, I also wonder if Chopper will become one of the main fighters of the crew after the (expected) time skip, since he loudly declared that he will become strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and about Sanji's training, I believe that earlier james had mentioned the possibility that the love chef's trial would be similar to Goku's training with Karin in DB (in the manner that the secret okama recipe doesn't actually make him stronger, but the effort towards collecting it will)? Yes, that certainly may be true.... and I'm also hoping that Sanji will end up adding some Newkama Kenpo techniques to his arsenal during this time, as well (even if he previously had no intention of mastering the style).
Sanji-kun is a man. He wont learn Okama Kempo, willingly or unwillingly...
Personally, I expect him to advance his skill/strength/speed with his own fighting style and utilize Haki to some extent.
Old 2010-08-05, 07:51   Link #102
Battler-kun

I don't know. But the further story progresses the more plain Zoro seems now.

He is just boring in the end. Even his "training" arc is boring. He is fighting some stupid monkey.

Compared to the training Sanji gets, it's nothing. And Mihawk won't do shit as usual.
Old 2010-08-05, 08:10   Link #103
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Good to see Chopper/Sanji doing well again.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-08-05, 08:36   Link #104
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh Sanji, you never fail to impress with that iron clad will of yours.
Not Born to make friends with ladies but born to love them, born a man!

That was pretty interesting, first off I like how that island where Chopper is at is not quite like you would think, one of the great things about OP is how it twists the little things. You really can't judge a book by it's cover here.

So Bonney is running away from the WG?
Now I'm really intrigued by what her connection is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Chopper Mask . I hope he get's his own theme song.
Something like this?

Old 2010-08-05, 08:52   Link #105
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I really do wnder about San juan wolf. He's huuuuuuuuuuge. There is no ship, barring Thriller Bark...that is big enuff for him. I he like just gonna swim alongside the ship?? That is really weird. Plus he seems like a total dumbass.
Old 2010-08-05, 09:13   Link #106
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, wasn't Bonney able to reduce her body size? So couldn't she have just escaped from beeing restrained?

About Sanji: I wonder why Iva doesn't simply turn him into a woman. Maybe this couod improve his character.
Bonney has the ability of age manipulation, but it is unclear if she can change her age by herself. Specifically, she may need to steal the age/youth of a victim rather than just control her age at will.
Old 2010-08-05, 09:25   Link #107
ZeroForever

As noted we don't know the limitations of her powers but chances are her powers are a DF and it wouldn't surprise me if those chains were seastone or such, thus negating her powers.
Old 2010-08-05, 09:29   Link #108
Wrath88
Kissing...

There's probably a drawback to her ability, most likely it consumes a lot of energy, which is why she eats so much.

At least now we can guess what the message Luffy was sending meant. The two I'm most interested in seeing improve would be Franky and Robin. Franky because his island happens to be REALLY suited for him. Robin because she seems too reliant on her ability. On the other hand, I bet the improved Usopp will be really buff, not bloated like he is now.

I expect Sanji will improve in: combat sense, new techniques, and stamina (duh, 99 duels over the whole island with ppl harrying him day & night)
Old 2010-08-05, 09:36   Link #109
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
I don't know. But the further story progresses the more plain Zoro seems now.

He is just boring in the end. Even his "training" arc is boring. He is fighting some stupid monkey.

Compared to the training Sanji gets, it's nothing. And Mihawk won't do shit as usual.

lol, this post cracked me up.

But don't worry, Zoro should become exciting again in due time.... and hey, at least he has the bug-eyed goth loli to take care of him while he's fighting those monkeys. Meanwhile, Sanji gets to train in tranny paradise.....
Old 2010-08-05, 10:13   Link #110
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Oh wow, Blackbeard's crew grew considerably. (Hehe, rhyme). They look PACKED.

Lol, who thought the barbarians would have a library.

Last edited by Sprite_Coke; 2010-08-05 at 10:28.
Old 2010-08-05, 10:13   Link #111
Kallen4life

maybe he will have a spar with Mihawk .. kinda goes against the code or w/e, but spar != fight

also we can confirm that Wolf isn't a DF user .. I do wonder how they ever fit him into ID
Old 2010-08-05, 10:57   Link #112
Blaine

A giant of his size with a DF would be overkill
Old 2010-08-05, 10:57   Link #113
seiji_kun

Maybe a bit strange but the best part of this chapter for me was Chopper. He was just to funny with that part he blurted out which should've been said in his head. And how he returned as Chopper mask, to bad for him they weren't as stupid as him and Luffy. And I found it truly touching that for Luffy he even would become a real monster.

Blackbeard and Bonney, he certainly doesn't have Luffy's charms. Do makes you wonder what connection Bonney has with the WG though that theory that she could keep the gourosei alive bye making them younger seems quite far-fetched since I assume they would've then at least be a little younger then they are now seeing they make look Sengoku and Garp young. San Juan Wolf, was he walking in some of the most shallow seas or is the man over 10 km big seeing Fisherman Island was 10 km deep I thougth.

Sanji, I don't believe it's like dragonball and korin's water. Sanji tasted the food and felt there was something strange with it so it probably is real and he'll be able to further strengthen the crew with it.

The time-skip. Some things due seem to leading up to it. Chopper turning around to do some research. Sanji taking the training up instead of wanting to set out. So the real question is how long will it take? Will Sanji clear those 99 okamas in less then 99 days and clear several a day or will it take even longer then 99 days? And will poor Duvall be forced to keep guarding the ship for so long. Poor, poor Duvall. I hope he doesn't encounter more Kuma lvl opponents. To bad that there's a break comming up this week. Can't wait to see which crewmates we'll see next chapter.
Old 2010-08-05, 11:26   Link #114
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
A giant of his size with a DF would be overkill
also if he ever fell in the water noone would be able to pull him out
Old 2010-08-05, 13:25   Link #115
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
maybe he will have a spar with Mihawk .. kinda goes against the code or w/e, but spar != fight

also we can confirm that Wolf isn't a DF user .. I do wonder how they ever fit him into ID
More importantly, BB crew'll have to take over entire islands to get enough food to feed him O_O
Old 2010-08-05, 13:25   Link #116
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Actually...i don't think this chapter is proof that San Juan wolf isn't an ability user. It just proves he isn't a ship...i think. It simply isn't possible that someone of such size, was arrested and then transported on some epically huuuuuge ship and then somehow managed to get through the gates of Impel Down and get transported allll they way down to lvl 6.

He must have a fruit where he can make himself bigger or somethin...thats how i see it.
Old 2010-08-05, 14:18   Link #117
Distinction

Its indeed strange why BB and his whole crew had to run from 1 Admiral. But i like it tbh and i find it rather odd that he wanted to take on Sengoku and Garp.
So if i had to choose i definitely prefer the fear of an admiral instead of ridicolously overconfidence.

And it speaks for the other younkus that even with the members and the strenght of 2 Dfs BB isnt still considered as a "instant" younku but rather someone whos close to that power.

Drakes scene was quiet entertaining. First thing to do is get a younku against you.
Old 2010-08-05, 14:56   Link #118
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Actually...i don't think this chapter is proof that San Juan wolf isn't an ability user. It just proves he isn't a ship...i think. It simply isn't possible that someone of such size, was arrested and then transported on some epically huuuuuge ship and then somehow managed to get through the gates of Impel Down and get transported allll they way down to lvl 6.

He must have a fruit where he can make himself bigger or somethin...thats how i see it.
^Maybe Sanjuan Wolf is an advanced master of the Life Return technique, with which he can reduce his excessive size...
Old 2010-08-05, 14:59   Link #119
Kallen4life

Quote:
Actually...i don't think this chapter is proof that San Juan wolf isn't an ability user.
he was in the water wasn't he ? not drowning

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
^Maybe Sanjuan Wolf is an advanced master of the Life Return technique, with which he can reduce his excessive size...
good idea
Old 2010-08-05, 16:32   Link #120
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Chopper Mask . I hope he get's his own theme song.
One youtube search later
Closed Thread