AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 46 49.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 24.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-05, 23:56   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Accelerator and the rank number 2 are the only exceptions.

rank 3 and lower aren't that powerful.
Everything is relative.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 00:07   Link #82
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Accelerator lifting that building with only one bare hand was badass awsome!!, even Kenshiro couldn't perform such feat
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 01:45   Link #83
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

We haven't seen the full extent of rank 8 (?) and 7 yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Fuse Kazakiri was awesome, but Hyouka looked scary. The 2 fights for next week are set up nicely.
Well Hyouka wasn't exactly in the pink of health there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

You don't know? Who the hell do you think he is?!
A frog......*runs*
Old 2011-03-06, 02:01   Link #84
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
uahaha, OMG... AheGao?! wow... this is official ahegao-art guys!

indeed...

here's a better look at it:

Spoiler for FUSE=kazakiri=ahegao:
I'm sure some of us got turned on by that....

Also, madly grinning Aleister is win.
Old 2011-03-06, 03:57   Link #85
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Takiing care of other's loli is hard, especially when you are trying to be alive
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 05:21   Link #86
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Worse, trying to be alive in this universe is even harder.

Speaking of which, this kinds of reminds me. Did Accelerator bother to check whether anyone was in the building that he threw?
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 05:40   Link #87
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Worse, trying to be alive in this universe is even harder.

Speaking of which, this kinds of reminds me. Did Accelerator bother to check whether anyone was in the building that he threw?
No....and thus we have a major divergence in character traits here.
Old 2011-03-06, 06:18   Link #88
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

A bit difficult to keep track of everything, but a nonetheless awesome episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 07:01   Link #89
eiyuu99

Quote:

Rank 3 is already good enough for "terrorism on organizations" (inferred from season 1).

Too bad for rank 1 and 2 that Level 5 is the end of the ladder.

Last edited by eiyuu99; 2011-03-06 at 07:20.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 08:02   Link #90
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

The description for the Accelerator beatdown on Awaki (I wanted to say fight, but it's too lopsided):
Quote:
It’s not enough to even use ‘an ordinary person versus a judo wrestler’ to describe the difference in power. If there is a need to drive the point home, it’s like ‘a tug-of-war match between a human and a jet’. It’s not a question of who win or lose. The jet could just not do anything and the human can’t even move it by half a millimeter.
The other level 5s are more powerful than Awaki, but still...
Old 2011-03-06, 11:52   Link #91
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
From Volume 6= We learn that Kazakiri Hyouka is made up of all the AIM fields produced by all the Espers of Academy City. And the AIM Diffusion Field is also called the [Imaginary Number District]. btw a similar creature was also born from gathering a large number of AIM in one place - AIM Burst (Railgun, notice the halo?). Over here it was also hinted that the creation of a new artificial heaven would screw with the set laws of all magic.

From Volume 5 = We learn that the Testament supercomputer can input a 'virus' into the Misaka Network via Last Order that can affect all the Sisters. Kihara did the same thing here by imputing the [Angel] virus code and Hyouka is affected by the AIM fields of ALL Espers including Last Order's, the virus transmitted from Last Order warped the entire [Imaginary Number District] into an Anti-Magic field, and change [Kazakiri Hyouka] into a full Artificial Angel [Fuse=Kazakiri].

From Volume 3 = We learn that the Misaka Imoutos have been spread throughout the world, by using the Network and the clones as a sort of AIM transmitting station, Aleister can cover the world with the [Imaginary Number District], effectively wiping out all Magicians on the planet.
This was on the last page so sorry for quoting but thanks for the clarification. I remember that creature from Railgun, now that you mention it. So AIM is the stuff that all espers give off, the diffusion field is... something that negates the AIM field? I thought that [Imaginary Number District] was a place within the city.
Is Testament the computer near where Aleister is floating upside down? It's just the supercomputer that is behind the scenes in the city?

If the Imoutos were part of the plan to cover the world with the [Imaginary Number District] then why were hundreds of thousands killed by Accelerator again? To turn him into a Level 6 powerhouse to fight against the magicians?

Damn Index's story is much better than I thought it was.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 12:10   Link #92
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
This was on the last page so sorry for quoting but thanks for the clarification. I remember that creature from Railgun, now that you mention it. So AIM is the stuff that all espers give off, the diffusion field is... something that negates the AIM field? I thought that [Imaginary Number District] was a place within the city.
Is Testament the computer near where Aleister is floating upside down? It's just the supercomputer that is behind the scenes in the city?

If the Imoutos were part of the plan to cover the world with the [Imaginary Number District] then why were hundreds of thousands killed by Accelerator again? To turn him into a Level 6 powerhouse to fight against the magicians?

Damn Index's story is much better than I thought it was.
AIM is like radiation, it's the energy given off by espers. AIM dispersal field is like an electric field, it's basically the term used to describe AIM that's being spread around the esper. So if I want to summarise it, it goes "AIM is the weak invisible energy that's released by espers, forming an AIM dispersal field around the esper."

'Imaginary Number District' is something like a mirror world, a la Masked Rider Ryuki style). Academy City has 2.3 million citizens, the majority being espers. Even though an esper release only a tini-little bit of AIM, when accumulated, the now massive amount of AIM will form a so-called process. To quote Komoe-sensei from Volume 6 Chapter 3:

Quote:
“There are all sorts of esper in Academy City. Every esper will subconsciously let out a weak energy. Even though the energy everyone lets out is weak, if they are all gathered, it may create a complete significance. It’s like any English alphabets like ‘B’ or ‘P’; on their own, they have no meaning on their own, but if we are to arrange many of them together, we can create significant words like ‘select’ and ‘start’. Sensei feels that this is the basis for forming Kazakiri Hyouka. ‘Kazakiri Hyouka’ is like numerous English alphabets stringed together to form a command code that’s entered into a computer. Every student in the city provides a letter, and these letters will form a code, which in turn forms a process.”
Quote:
Yes, but Academy City has 2.3 millions espers, right? Like the pyrokinesis espers being in charge of body temperature unknowingly, the electrogenerators unknowingly being in charge of the electric flow within humans. All these add up to form the process called Kazakiri Hyouka.
And Kazakiri's life up till the events in volume 6:

Quote:
On a certain day 10 years ago.

When Kazakiri Hyouka finally gained consciousness, she was already standing in the middle of the ‘city’.

The ‘city’ here doesn’t mean Academy City. But in terms of coordinates, the location is completely identical to Academy City. This is a place built by the AIM dispersal field released by the 2.3 million espers within Academy City, the invisible 'City of Shimmers'.

'The City of Shimmers' has no shadows, no weight, no air flow, it's extremely thin, there's no sense of existence. Once the wind blows, the towers, trees on the road and pedestrians will be blown away like the flame on a candle wick, and let out a grey visual signal that looks like a bug that mistook the camouflage colour.

If there's anyone who can visualise an AIM dispersal field, the person will find that the 'City of Shimmers' completely overlaps Academy City.

The things that the AIM dispersal field create don't just include Kazakiri Hyouka. It includes buildings, streets, trees, vehicles, crowds, everything. Kazakiri Hyouka is just someone created by the AIM dispersal field, residing within the city created by it.

Even till now, she doesn't know why she stood there within the 'City of Shimmers'.

Sometimes, Kazakiri Hyouka would find herself standing on the road as if she just woke up from a daydream. Looking at the things she had on her, she knew her personal particulars like her name, address, telephone number.

Other than that, there was no way to understand the current situation.

The passers-by around her wouldn't tell her anything.

In truth, these passers-by are rather mysterious. Basically, these people's looks will change according to the setting, like when the shop attendant of a convenience store is about to wipe a glass window, the shop attendant will instantly change into a cleaner. And after wiping the window, the cleaner will change into a child taking an ice cream to the cashier. After that, the child will change into a housewife taking out her purse.

Everyone in the city was like that. The appearances, personalities and memories will change according to the setting. In truth, when Kazakiri walked up to the mailman to talk to him, the mailman changed into a traffic policeman. Even if it's an office woman or a female high school student, they'll become middle-aged policemen. Also, everyone's replies are rather blank.

Seeing these people that will change 'just to answer Kazakiri Hyouka's question', Kazakiri started to feel afraid. It was as if her actions will affect these people's flesh and souls.

In the beginning, Kazakiri doesn’t understand why she’s the only one without any ‘changes’, but after a while, she slightly understands the reason. The people in this city will change their appearance in order to do their ‘duty’. On the other hand, if they don’t do their ‘duty’, they won’t do anything, and the entire city will stop functioning.

And Kazakiri identity is that of a source. For example, when she walks into a convenience store, intending to buy a bottle of beverage, the convenience store attendant will start to work, the beverage will start to run, the electric generator will run, allowing the ice box to create ice, the factory producing the beverage will start, and the bottle recycling company will start to work. The people in this city are all ‘gears’, they can only link together with the power of the ‘source’, Kazakiri, before finally causing this huge intricate machinery called the city to run. Kazakiri herself isn’t the master of this system, just a source. In other words, she’s also a part of this system.

Kazakiri Hyouka was scared.

Because these people aren’t puppets without life, but humans who really have lives.

No matter whether she goes forward or backwards, she will completely change other people’s lives. Understanding this, Kazakiri can’t move at all. To her, the duty entrusted to her was too heavy.
And for why Aleister allowed the SISTERS to be killed, well here's volume 6 epilogue:

Quote:
That ridiculous experiment that Accelerator underwent wasn’t really some level 6 evolution, but to scatter all the cloned power users all over the world. In order to allow these ‘SISTERs’ to be deported ‘outside’, they came up with the destruction plan of power users, and then abolished this level 6 project. Using these 2 fake actions, they deported the ‘SISTERs’ all over the world.

This tactic should be considered a success, as right now, all the churches and forces, including the English Anglicans, have not detected the real reason why the ‘SISTERs’ were deported ‘outside’. No, even if they did, they won’t know the seriousness of it. The most they would think is that Academy City was trying to clean up the mess of internal problems.

These power users are like an antenna of the Imaginary District, covering the entire world.

After that, as long as they can get hold of this incomplete Imaginary District and let the new ‘world’ activate.

All the magicians will lose control of their powers and self-destruct due to the new ‘world’.

But to power users, the AIM dispersal field isn’t harmful to them.

If so, the results of the war between the magic side and the science side would be very obvious. No, that can’t be considered a war. It’s like blasting the brains off enemies who have surrendered.
For testament, here's the info
Old 2011-03-06, 12:31   Link #93
Stefkov

Thanks for all the information Teh_Ping.
So that weird thing Last Order was in, in the car, when Accelerator saved her back in the first season was Testament. I understand now.

I've an even greater desire to read it now.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 12:54   Link #94
Echoes

Great episode. I've always thought that this show was good, but now it's really finding its form and becoming great.

I'm really loving Vento's voice-acting in this episode. Absolutely enthralling to listen to.
Old 2011-03-06, 16:36   Link #95
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
This was on the last page so sorry for quoting but thanks for the clarification. I remember that creature from Railgun, now that you mention it. So AIM is the stuff that all espers give off, the diffusion field is... something that negates the AIM field?
No [AIM diffusion Field] is the full name of the AIM field

Quote:
I thought that [Imaginary Number District] was a place within the city.
You and every other Magician; they thought it was just the name for the Windowless Building.

But no, the [Imaginary Number District] is also known as the Artificial Heaven, and it's a world made up of AIM.

Like what Flere said you can imagine it as a 'mirror' world.

Quote:
No, it was all a giant smokescreen. The entire Level 6 shift experiment was nothing more than a really convincing excuse to fail so that Aleister has a legit reason to send thousands of clones all around the world without suspicion.

None of the major Christianity Organizations even realize what Aleister is setting into motion, they just thought he was covering up some mess.
Old 2011-03-06, 18:17   Link #96
giorno

also, misaka clones are apparently very cheap to make, so even trashing some 10,000 of them is nothing to AC...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 18:27   Link #97
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Thanks for all the information Teh_Ping.
So that weird thing Last Order was in, in the car, when Accelerator saved her back in the first season was Testament. I understand now.

I've an even greater desire to read it now.
lol, it gets better to. The next arc i almost shed a tear.

im gonna count down. 1 whole week till we see 2 more of them
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 21:09   Link #98
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Quote:
On a certain day 10 years ago.

When Kazakiri Hyouka finally gained consciousness
, she was already standing in the middle of the ‘city’.
I just realized that this means Touma arrived at AC 10 years ago. Or was that already stated somewhere?
Old 2011-03-06, 21:16   Link #99
Qikz

I'm really loving this story so far. I'd say overall in the anime it's my favourite story from Index ever. Although, I really can't wait to find out what's actually up with the Misaka Imouto's. Why were they all holding guns standing next to loads of vans, just who's side are they on?

I think the one doing the main talking was 10032? The more human one but I have no idea. So much going on all at once it's hard to take in.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 21:26   Link #100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I'm really loving this story so far. I'd say overall in the anime it's my favourite story from Index ever. Although, I really can't wait to find out what's actually up with the Misaka Imouto's. Why were they all holding guns standing next to loads of vans, just who's side are they on?

I think the one doing the main talking was 10032? The more human one but I have no idea. So much going on all at once it's hard to take in.
The virus protocol remove much of the sisters brain fuction, rendering them immobile.

Its easy to tell 10032, shes the one without goggles.