AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 04:47   Link #1
No Otaku

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Hello AnimeSuki,

I'm not sure if I'm at the good sub-forum, but anyways: I really want to buy a good (price) 10inch Tablet to watch anime, read manga and playing ROMs.

Then I found the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for a very good price (~270 euros). But I really want to be sure if I can play anime MKVs smoothly. So, does someone own a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and can play anime MKVs smoothly?

If not, do you guys know some other good 10inch Tablets for a good price? :3

Arigatou~

EDIT: Hmm, I've also read some good things about the 'Asus Transformer Pad 300T', or what about the 'Google Nexus 7'? (Yes, I know it's a 7 inch, but looks also kinda good)

Last edited by No Otaku; 2013-04-10 at 06:07.
Old 2013-04-10, 07:20   Link #2
Haiprbim
Banned

Both Tables (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Google Nexus 7) should be able run the episodes perfectly smoothly, the only question is how do you plan to get them on it?
Download them via computer and upload them to the chosen Tablet later? That could go, but I advise you not to download any Torrents directly on the Tablet.
Old 2013-04-10, 15:58   Link #3
No Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Both Tables (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Google Nexus 7) should be able run the episodes perfectly smoothly, the only question is how do you plan to get them on it?
Download them via computer and upload them to the chosen Tablet later? That could go, but I advise you not to download any Torrents directly on the Tablet.
Well yeah, ofcourse the first option. :P But thanks for the comment~
Old 2013-04-10, 16:23   Link #4
Haiprbim
Banned

I also want to add that overall, Google Nexus 7 is worth buying, that is as far as it concerns me and my opinion.
I own a Nexus 4 and am really satisfied it, meanwhile, my friend has a Google Nexus 7 and he let me test it - it is like a flash!
Watched MiB 3 for my second time on it, really smooth and a very good picture.
Old 2013-04-10, 19:39   Link #5
No Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
I also want to add that overall, Google Nexus 7 is worth buying, that is as far as it concerns me and my opinion.
I own a Nexus 4 and am really satisfied it, meanwhile, my friend has a Google Nexus 7 and he let me test it - it is like a flash!
Watched MiB 3 for my second time on it, really smooth and a very good picture.
Oh really? Thanks for the tip! The Google Nexus 7 looked pretty nice yes.

But I dunno about an 7inch screen. (I prefer big screens) Anyway, it would be better if I would see it in real life, which I will do on Friday/Saturday.

Thanks for the comment.
Old 2013-04-12, 03:17   Link #6
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

H.264 and mkv aren't much of an issue. But 10-bit videos are something to be legitimately concerned about, since so many modern fansubbers insist on using this format.
Old 2013-04-13, 09:44   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
H.264 and mkv aren't much of an issue. But 10-bit videos are something to be legitimately concerned about, since so many modern fansubbers insist on using this format.
Good point. 720p 10 bit is too much for my galaxy tab (tested just now with Railgun S 01 using Dice) so if you intend to primarily watch anime fansubs, this may not be the best choice. 8 bit plays perfectly fine.