AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-01, 18:59   Link #61
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
ok since i loved the anime so much i got a hold of the manga and read chapters 1 through 26 at work man i love this series. i cant wait for more. but i do see some of the diffrences in the anime i want to read the novel too
Old 2006-09-01, 19:38   Link #62
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Sinestra: we more or less procured the manga for the same reasons. I had been a very acerbic skeptic once; however, that changed with chapters like Welcome to Despair and Welcome to the Starry Sky (definitely). Let's not forget the picturesque scenario of Satou inside a car atop the Ferris wheel quipping that even from there, he couldn't see the starry sky. My heart skipped a beat - it was beautiful.
Old 2006-09-01, 19:41   Link #63
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Sinestra: we more or less procured the manga for the same reasons. I had been a very acerbic skeptic once; however, that changed with chapters like Welcome to Despair and Welcome to the Starry Sky (definitely). Let's not forget the picturesque scenario of Satou inside a car atop the Ferris wheel quipping that even from there, he couldn't see the starry sky. My heart skipped a beat - it was beautiful.

I feel like i have gotten more in touch with the charcters and really feel what they are going through reading the manga more than the anime. I remember that part well i almost got a little teary eyed i cant wait to read more im just hoping for the best for everyone right now i love all the charcters
Old 2006-09-01, 19:56   Link #64
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

But you have to half-expect that they're all going to end up even more broken people - somehow, you don't want that to happen.
Old 2006-09-01, 20:10   Link #65
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

i do somewhat expect that but if anyone of them make it out this with their sanity intact i will be amazed. I know that Satou's senpai is married and all and i know kind of what happens after that. But for some reason i just really want them to end up together. Im not saying 2 broken people make everything alright i just enjoy when they are together. Tokyo Pop has lisenced the manga so ill just have to wait to see how it ends.
Old 2006-09-01, 20:28   Link #66
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You know, I wish for that to happen - I mean ... Kashiwa and Satou ending up together. Despite their foibles, they were the ones meant to be together.
Old 2006-09-02, 12:43   Link #67
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
You know, I wish for that to happen - I mean ... Kashiwa and Satou ending up together. Despite their foibles, they were the ones meant to be together.
Agreed!!! that would be my ideal ending. There has always been something there between the 2 that neither of them acted on. Besides the guy that Kashiwa-Senpai is married to just does not seem like her type. But i do have another question?

Spoiler for Kashiwa:
Old 2006-09-03, 09:20   Link #68
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yes, it seems true, but it isn't Satou's.
Old 2006-09-03, 12:05   Link #69
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:

well doesnt that add fuel to a fire in a already messed up situation. how far have you read in the manga
Old 2006-09-03, 12:06   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The actually thought of Satou's reaction to finding out he's a father is down right genius.
Old 2006-09-03, 17:03   Link #71
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
The actually thought of Satou's reaction to finding out he's a father is down right genius.

I would love to see his reaction i would just have to make sure im drinking anything and hope i would die from laughter
Old 2006-09-04, 06:54   Link #72
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Spoiler for Kashiwa:
only in the novel and
Spoiler:

i bet the manga or the anime will deal with that one of these days
Old 2006-09-04, 08:10   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan
i bet the manga or the anime will deal with that one of these days
Yeah, it sounds like the perfect way to end whatever plans to go on between Her & Satou.. but still, a part of me wants them two to still get together in one of the adaptions.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-09-04 at 10:15.
Old 2006-09-04, 10:06   Link #74
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I've read up to 26.
Old 2006-09-05, 03:57   Link #75
tritoch

sigh. after chapter 25, I feel the 3 stories collide.. but im not sure yet. We have Misa with that school councilor who looks like Kashiwa's husband. If its really him.. Do I see some struggle?

Gah.. marathoned this to chapter 26 and Satou is basically running in circles and its frustrating.
Old 2006-09-05, 07:05   Link #76
MagikalFly

Wait so can no one tell me the reasons for Misaki being attached to Satou in the novel? And in the manga?
Old 2006-09-05, 09:04   Link #77
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The school counselor *is* Kashiwa's husband.

Misaki was attracted to Satou because she finally found someone she could be superior to. In the process, she developed some romantic feelings for him.
Old 2006-09-05, 09:10   Link #78
yjs

I just read up to 26; and wow what a brilliant rollercoaster ride. However with Tokyopop licensing NHK I somehow doubt we'll see any 'unofficial' versions coming out...
Old 2006-09-05, 09:40   Link #79
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yes - it's quite brilliant. If you're interested, I've even wrote about it on my site (blog). Welcome to the Starry Sky was among the best NHK chapters, IMO.
Old 2006-09-05, 10:01   Link #80
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjs
However with Tokyopop licensing NHK I somehow doubt we'll see any 'unofficial' versions coming out...
I have to admit i am a lil' afraid about just what Tokyopop are going to do to the title.. though then again, it matters on what age rating they're going to have it at.

Still, i wish that Del Ray picked up NHK.