AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-07, 21:33   Link #2221
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
ZnT's Tristain Academy of Magic, I'd give you, but it has little in common with either the UU or Hogwarts beyond the fact it's a school for magicians whose principal is an old man.

The problem of the principal aside, it seems that to you, the choice is, again, homeschooling (or maybe apprenticeship), or... well, Hogwarts. As soon as they decide to mutualize resources to give a great number of students the best education possible, it's Hogwarts. Soon you'll be complaining that every anime set in a high school is cliché, what with all their students and classes and clubs.
Or, i dunno, they could have kept the Asian/Middle East visual style instead of going straight for western boarding school, conical hats, and staffs flown like they were brooms.

The problem is not the idea of magical academy, but that the visual style of it stands out like a sore thumb against everything else in the series.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 01:24   Link #2222
Awrya
U mad?

The alibaba the forever alone tag is still somewhat funny, but the date an ape? Now people are just messing with Alibaba, how the tags have changed compared to last week.
Old 2013-10-08, 08:21   Link #2223
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

The tag shouldn't be something like alibaba the forever alone since Mor is there... it should be Alibaba alone for now.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-10-08, 15:10   Link #2224
ChampDream
Alive

people are having way too much fun with the tags, I mean "alibaba the womanless man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
The tag shouldn't be something like alibaba the forever alone since Mor is there... it should be Alibaba alone for now.
don't forget Aladdin and the ape.
Old 2013-10-08, 15:34   Link #2225
shalala

Garda the ultimate cock-blocking pet that any man would hate to have. But hey at least Alibaba has someone that loves him. Soo there is a bright side to it. But dammmn am I upset that he isn't going out with Toto . Mor's sleepless face was priceless and Masrur helping her out is sweet. He is totally a big brother to her. The chapter is by far the funnist that has been out leaving me in stitches. It is also sweet that they where understanding of Alibaba's pain of not getting a girlfriend. As for the necklace that Mor is given by Alibaba I take it that a household can only carry one little djinn? Because if that is the case then I would like Olba to join the gang and being Alibaba's next household is Mor is unable to which given the lack of Magoi in her is going to be true.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 15:57   Link #2226
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If she can hone her magoi regulation as Yunan has been teaching her, she should be able to make up for the difference with how skillful she utilizes her magoi when activating her vessel.
Old 2013-10-08, 18:36   Link #2227
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
If she can hone her magoi regulation as Yunan has been teaching her, she should be able to make up for the difference with how skillful she utilizes her magoi when activating her vessel.
I have the feeling that later on Morgiana will learn how to turn off her Fanalis strength for a full day allowing her magoi pool to increase. Of course this will probably be revealed the next time there is an epic battle.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 19:20   Link #2228
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

that ending almost brought me to tears too dammit!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 00:38   Link #2229
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Chapter was hilarious, especially the various faces like Mor's in the morning or a lot of Ali's deadpan ones.

I really want Mor to meet Garda now since I'm convinced Mor could take her pretty easily and the whole thing could be funny.

I sort of got the impression that Mar may have been indirectly referring to Sinbad with his example. Perhaps the Generals or at least a few of them are aware their King is falling. I sort of get the emotional risk thing as Mar saying that if something were to happen to them that it wouldn't make their King or whatnot act brashly for them or give in to hatred due to something happening.

I really liked the moment where the guys all went and hugged him. They stopped making fun of him and acted like good friends. Ali really does have great people surrounding him.

On a side note, got my copy of Vol. 2 of the Viz translation. Alright, though some odd choices for a name or two as well as some translations.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 01:45   Link #2230
Breimoon

what will happen if Garda uses assimilation? Will she become a picasso woman? xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 03:09   Link #2231
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She already looks like an ugly beast, so I'm guessing she'll start looking like a human babe.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 03:13   Link #2232
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She already looks like an ugly beast, so I'm guessing she'll start looking like a human babe.
That will be hilarious. Alibaba will date Garda for real and the tag "date an ape" will be added again.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 06:56   Link #2233
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I sort of got the impression that Mar may have been indirectly referring to Sinbad with his example. Perhaps the Generals or at least a few of them are aware their King is falling. I sort of get the emotional risk thing as Mar saying that if something were to happen to them that it wouldn't make their King or whatnot act brashly for them or give in to hatred due to something happening.
So what you're saying is they have household vessels to protect themselves, while staying close to their king? I suppose it makes sense that a Djinn would reach out to protect the important people of their King, who frequently face danger beside them. It's not intended to be a means to serve, but instead survive.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 10:27   Link #2234
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
So what you're saying is they have household vessels to protect themselves, while staying close to their king? I suppose it makes sense that a Djinn would reach out to protect the important people of their King, who frequently face danger beside them. It's not intended to be a means to serve, but instead survive.
Somewhat yes, though I think it could be a combination of that as well as serving their King. The people who seem to surround a King and become part of their household appear to be those who believe in and support their views. So the abilities they gain are a means of both supporting their King and protecting themselves.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 09:15   Link #2235
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

the problem is Morgiana has't expressed her feelings to ALibaba
Old 2013-10-12, 11:54   Link #2236
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
the problem is Morgiana has't expressed her feelings to ALibaba
Its because she does not understand the feelings she has for him. There are those around Mor who have teased her but she has yet to realize how she actually feels. Just like when she thought Alibaba was dating Toto and then the female ape.

I think Mor's race have been different when it comes to emotions such as love, since they are race who have always excelled in combat and athleticism traits.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 12:24   Link #2237
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think it's Morgiana, not her race.
Old 2013-10-12, 15:09   Link #2238
CBredbeard
Banned

I'd never thought that Morgiana doesn't understand what she feels. Is there really any reason for us to think that she doesn't?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 15:28   Link #2239
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
I'd never thought that Morgiana doesn't understand what she feels. Is there really any reason for us to think that she doesn't?
She always wants to do things "to be useful", because "she's grateful". She never thinks "I love him, I want him to look at me".
Old 2013-10-12, 15:57   Link #2240
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Either she thinks that she's 'not worthy' to think of Alibaba in that light, or "I want to be useful to him" is Mor-speak for "I love him".

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen