AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-07-13, 20:00   Link #1
maxthelostboy

Blood types in japan?!?

Iv'e noticed in a few songs/ comics in japan they talk about blood types like it has to do with personality?? Is this just a rare thing or what??
maxthelostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 20:22   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

There is something that is unique in Japan that the four blood types: A, B, AB, and O are distributed among the population at almost equally at 25% each. Hence, some person(s) came up the idea that it would be amusing to characterize the personalities of a person with those blood types. For example, an A-type person loves to debate, AB-type person tends to be shy; An O-type person is outgoing, while a B-person is organized.

For some-higher-being's-son's sake, so what, an O-type person cannot be outgoing and organized? An A-type person loves to debate, but so do many O-type people? The point of the matter of this whole stupid thing is to give a generalized category into an easily definable group to make you think that you fit into that category..."Oh yeah, I am an O-type person and that's true! I do have an outgoing personality!!"

I personally believe zilch on these kinds of matters since I refuse to be judged nor characterize by some generalized table. Besides, the point of the matter that this personality check only works in Japan fails to amuse me much as don't believe in horoscopes or zodiacs.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 20:27   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I've also heard of blood types being used in love compatibility tests...

Like kj1980, I personally believe it's all a bunch of hooey and isn't really worth anything.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 05:48   Link #4
Sakai
libro de mi padre

Blood Types: Capillaries hold key to character
http://japanvisitor.com/jc/blood-types.html

Japanese
A: 40%
O: 30%
B: 20%
AB: 10%

Americans
O: 43%
B: 12%
AB: 5%

BTW, my blood type is B.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 06:26   Link #5
Ending

Quote:
I personally believe it's all a bunch of hooey and isn't really worth anything.
True, but it has some amusement value. For example: www.thespark.com and www.quizilla.com have nothing but similar kind of "tests" to amuse you.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 06:29   Link #6
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakai

Americans
O: 43%
B: 12%
AB: 5%

BTW, my blood type is B.

I've heard that the most common blood type was O, i'm O too. Some dietetican say that the blood type differed from O with the beginning of the change in the alimentation. the groupe AB are the rarest in the world, because i's new. The dietetician, when showing a diet for O say that the food that suits them best are meat and vedgetable and that they should do exercise that burn a ot of energie. In the A groupe they can eat the same thing but they can add some cereal and the type of exercise is less energetic than the O ones. The A type seems to have appeared after the beginning of agriculture. For the B type more food allowed and less extreme exercise than the A and i think that they can consome milk and cheese. the AB type can eat what they want and they don't need to exercise too much.

They say too that some african or black people seems to don't support milk or that they don't even can't consome lactose at a very early age. The ones who don't support lactose are probably O type most of the times.

Maybe what i say is not that accurate because i red the book two years ago...
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 06:34   Link #7
wao
OK.

What, I'm a B type and I get fat so easily Plus I have lactose intolerance. Who cares..
(Basing on your explanation I'd love to be an AB. <3)

Adding on to this blood type thing, what I noticed is a lot of those cute notebook-type of things from Korea/Japan, the part where you write in people's particulars, there's even one for blood type too. :| I always found it strange.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought about this other possibility, that they keep a record of who they know has what blood type, so that you can bother them when you need a blood transfusion :P
Old 2004-07-14, 11:02   Link #8
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
What happens if you have multiple personality syndrome, would that apply to the japanese personality blood table hehehe

japanese culture is so silly hehe
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 11:11   Link #9
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well kj1980 is a walking japanese encyclopeadia hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I've also heard of blood types being used in love compatibility tests...

Like kj1980, I personally believe it's all a bunch of hooey and isn't really worth anything.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 14:04   Link #10
maxthelostboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo
I've heard that the most common blood type was O, i'm O too. Some dietetican say that the blood type differed from O with the beginning of the change in the alimentation. the groupe AB are the rarest in the world, because i's new. The dietetician, when showing a diet for O say that the food that suits them best are meat and vedgetable and that they should do exercise that burn a ot of energie. In the A groupe they can eat the same thing but they can add some cereal and the type of exercise is less energetic than the O ones. The A type seems to have appeared after the beginning of agriculture. For the B type more food allowed and less extreme exercise than the A and i think that they can consome milk and cheese. the AB type can eat what they want and they don't need to exercise too much.

They say too that some african or black people seems to don't support milk or that they don't even can't consome lactose at a very early age. The ones who don't support lactose are probably O type most of the times.

Maybe what i say is not that accurate because i red the book two years ago...

I remember hearing on tv most people who can drink milk have relitives from Europe and north africa. Most native americans can not drink milk but i dont know if this is really true so dont quote me! anway my blood types A positive. Thanks for the info guys!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-07-14, 14:27   Link #11
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
there's also "rare" blood types that only exist in certain races at a very low percentage

how does their zodiac address that?
Supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 17:00   Link #12
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

According to my army blood pass, I have:

A Rh-positive (CcD.ee) Kell negative.

And well I like to debate sometimes, I am often shy and sometimes I am a very outgoing personality... does this mean, they only tested me in my debate mood and my blood type is actually changing from time to time? ;D (j/k)
Old 2004-07-14, 17:23   Link #13
Jonte
. . . . .

Send a message via ICQ to Jonte Send a message via MSN to Jonte
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
There is something that is unique in Japan that the four blood types: A, B, AB, and O are distributed among the population at almost equally at 25% each. Hence, some person(s) came up the idea that it would be amusing to characterize the personalities of a person with those blood types. For example, an A-type person loves to debate, AB-type person tends to be shy; An O-type person is outgoing, while a B-person is organized.

For some-higher-being's-son's sake, so what, an O-type person cannot be outgoing and organized? An A-type person loves to debate, but so do many O-type people? The point of the matter of this whole stupid thing is to give a generalized category into an easily definable group to make you think that you fit into that category..."Oh yeah, I am an O-type person and that's true! I do have an outgoing personality!!"

I personally believe zilch on these kinds of matters since I refuse to be judged nor characterize by some generalized table. Besides, the point of the matter that this personality check only works in Japan fails to amuse me much as don't believe in horoscopes or zodiacs.
Same thing with horoscopes, its just stupid. Well, cant blame em, someone got a good idea and made loads of money on it :P
Jonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 18:01   Link #14
Shadowlord
~DESU

im o- if anyone cares the universal blood donor.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 20:20   Link #15
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
im o- if anyone cares the universal blood donor.
O negative is the universal blood donor but they can only receive blood from O négatif.

For astrology i heard that what was on books that lots of people buy is not good, but if you ask for someone to do your "carte du ciel" it will be more acurate. What we get in the popular astrology book base their description of the personality following the ancien calculation of the place where the planetes were. So they can say saturn was at 10 degrees in your birth sky but in reality it was at 50 degrees. Just that can make a big difference if we believe that astral objects like planet can influence our life or even determinate our personality.

I'm gemini and i'm a very shy person who always wants to make everyone happy. Gemini are not like that. But in some books they talk about "decan" and when i red about it for my decan in Gemini it was just like me. i was so depressed because the decription was not that good.

Does the intolerance in lactose is genetic? My mother cannot support but my father support it well. But i do have ancestor from europe in my mother side (France i think) that gave me my anemia.
Old 2004-07-14, 21:04   Link #16
maxthelostboy

well i researched a bit and theres a milk allergy and a allergy just to lactose its self they are two total diffrent alergys but im still lost are you alergic to lactose too like your mom? I Shall research more out of boredom!

umm interesting links so far

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0115075427.htm

It sorta talks about how certain ethnic groups evolved to eat milk products and stuff
Old 2004-07-15, 12:05   Link #17
nephilim
Loves Kaori

interesting. I'm an asian and I'm blood type A+

the talk about us being lactose intolerance is also interesting. i think i do not have that, but i just dislike the taste of milk. maybe if there're other dairy products which i ate, and have lactose and known of, i'll try out and see whether i'm tolerant
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 14:05   Link #18
maxthelostboy

well Symptoms include nausea, cramps, bloating, gas and diarrhea, which begin about 30 minutes to 2 hours after consuming foods containing lactose.

Tell us what your discovery is
Old 2004-07-16, 01:48   Link #19
wao
OK.

I am lactose intolerant... Kind of sad because I don't mind milk (and some milk-based products.)

A lot of people in Singapore actually have lactose intolerance. I think it's to due with the racial makeup of the inhabitants. The majority of us are Chinese, and if I"m not wrong it's more common for CHinese to have lactose intolerance because the Chinese adult diet, I think, has a lot less milk included in it. Even the Indian diet doesn't have so much. (YOgurt wouldn't count, I think.)

WHereas the Western diet has more milk included, so I suppose you find less Western people with lactose intolerance.

Interesting article there... I found it quite useful.
Old 2004-07-16, 08:46   Link #20
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthelostboy
well i researched a bit and theres a milk allergy and a allergy just to lactose its self they are two total diffrent alergys but im still lost are you alergic to lactose too like your mom?
I'm not allergic to lactose, in fact i'm a big milk fan praticly like anita in R.O.D.